users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Completely Insane REMA mat prices
Completely Insane REMA mat prices
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-01-08 18:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on leviathan, consistently the smallest or 2nd smallest server in terms of population. I know more endgame people who shop on asura than wait for items to pop on our server. I personally hopped over almost a year ago just for a damn Kwahu Kachina Belt+1....not even something uber-expensive.

Those of us on smaller servers know that a large portion of the goods and materials purchasable on our auction houses aren't made or farmed on our server. They're imported from Asura. Want to buy 1500 plates in one lump? Not gonna find that across every bazaar on Leviathan, even during VW campaigns. Not in one day, at least. Want some HQ Su3 JSE, like some Kenda+1 or Oshosi+1? Didn't see any for sale on my server for over 6 months after introduction, however people were walkin around sportin the gear nonetheless. They ran to Asura to grab it. Hell, tons of people just have standing alts on Asura JUST to shop.

I've wanted a unified Auction House that links all servers for a while now, because we currently have a de facto black market of smugglers, bringing shiploads of beitetsu, plates, and HQ abjurations to the back gate under the cover of darkness. Might as well just make it out in the open and even out prices if those with more real world disposable income are comfortable spending it on jumping back and forth. Of course, that would be a huge hindrance on SE's monthly income- the World Transfer Service would return to being just for those wishing to make a move, not a vacation.
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2019-01-08 18:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

1 AH would be cool, but considering we still have inv issues in 2019 I won't ever get my hopes up for such a QoL feature.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-08 20:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cambion said: »
I know you think I was kidding above, but I wasn't.

Serious hat tip for the finesse. I cashed out during the hustle. Much respect
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-01-09 01:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's too bad SE will never merge servers again after the amount of negative feedback they received when they did it back in 2010.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-01-09 02:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-01-09 10:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Want to buy 1500 plates in one lump? Not gonna find that across every bazaar on Leviathan, even during VW campaigns. Not in one day, at least.
I don't have any troubles finding 30,000 Alex, 1500 plates + cinders, however many dyna currency I need and whenever I need Beitesu, Pluton or Boulders, bam, whether it's 300 or 10,000, I'm done within an hour.
We don't really have bazaars either, though, but AH is supplied regularly (buy 70 stacks of Alex and you'll see 70 new stacks up within 30min top, and so on).

Maybe Leviathan is missing this but on my server, there are many bots who farm those 24/7, to the point where I'll find someone in shout who will come open dozens of pouches until I'm done with my step. I'm thankful that those people exist, they make playing on a smaller server quite comfy.

I remember being scared and wanting to buy 30% more expensive on Asura but I tried shouting, just in case and bam, everything falls from the sky.

For the rest though, absolutely. Asura is the supermarket of FFXI, you go there to buy whatever you need (ranges from Oboro base weapons to various GEO/RUN AF items, Neck +2 or that Hauberk for lockstyle) and that's about it. You'll find better deals and be done just as quickly on other servers when it comes to weapon currencies.
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-01-09 10:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

They've probably just been silently merging servers onto the same hardware in the back end while keeping them all separate on our end. Hence the constant lag in the game these days... they have us running on the absolute bare minimum amount of hardware to prevent the servers from outright crashing.

Heck, it would probably be better for us if they did merge at this point, might help the lag issues if they reduce the number of NPCs and mobs and repop timers and whatnot that they have to keep track of.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2019-01-09 10:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I rather them merge the AH, or some zones (such as how WoW does it), to reduce a lack of population and/or address economic domination issues.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-09 10:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

They won't merge all servers as that will be a disaster.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2019-01-09 11:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
They won't merge all servers as that will be a disaster.

I agree that at this point in the game, overpopulation is a major hindrance on some servers; most notably Asura. This is due to encouraging elitist behaviors and a surplus of income to build upon 'private' mercing LS ventures. But that being said, some aspect could, and should, be improved upon. For an example, if SE improved upon their auto-join system (which is currently border-line extinct) for content to be cross-server, then campaigns such as: Ambuscade, Omen, Vagary, could be far easier to form for. And perhaps, could also influence the overall economy.
By clearlyamule 2019-01-09 11:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

And SE definitely wouldn't do something that's a bad idea...
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-09 11:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

They won't merge the servers or auction houses because they probably make as much from transfers as subscriptions at this point. It's absolutely not in their financial interest to do so, so it won't happen.
[+]
By geigei 2019-01-09 11:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Merge servers and i'll *** quit.
[+]
 Fenrir.Puciato
Server: Fenrir
user: Pucidain
By Fenrir.Puciato 2019-01-09 11:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend overseas told me there was a stream from SE today and next months Ambuscade Vol.1 will be Quadav.

Also told me that all jumps and waltzes will be set to individual recasts and the next job to get adjusted is RDM.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-09 11:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

In all of FFXI, I can only recall one time where they made a cross-server event. But I highly doubt it will happen again in the future. It does not serve any realistic benefit, besides from a "it would be nice" perspective.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-01-09 11:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Puciato said: »
and waltzes

... FFS.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-09 11:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend overseas told me there was a stream from SE today and next months Ambuscade Vol.1 will be Quadav.

Also told me that all jumps and waltzes will be set to individual recasts and the next job to get adjusted is RDM.

Well that's interesting... let's see if anyone can actually win this time. I wasn't active last time but by all accounts it was totally impossible. That will REALLY raise mats.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-09 13:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

if so, /dnc just got better. and drg will be the fastest at getting tp now lol
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-09 14:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

To my experience Quadav is the most annoying Ambuscade ever, after the Moogle one.

Hope they tweaked something to make it less annoying or it's gonna be a month of no ambu for a lot of people lol
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-09 14:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
To my experience Quadav is the most annoying Ambuscade ever, after the Moogle one.

Hope they tweaked something to make it less annoying or it's gonna be a month of no ambu for a lot of people lol

I cant imagine anything beating velks
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-01-09 14:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

"Completely Insane" prices on the server with the most supply (therefore cheapest) lol. Back in the day it cost 10m and a literal arm & a leg for one heavy metal plate.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-09 14:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »

I cant imagine anything beating velks

Velkk is BY FAR the worst. *** that annoyance.

The ones where people need to follow directions are bad (moogles dullahan) but *** velkk.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-01-09 14:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

And for people complaining about this momtns ambuscade .. did you even try Velkk month?? That s**t was killer. You had groups having to default to Normal/Easy because D+ was too much to deal with.

My random pick up groups managed D easily this month, with some rare losses due to the kiter getting killed near the end. We never did it any other way than the following: Kill the first wave adds and have the kiter take the second wave away to negate any chance of triple reversal.

Kiting from the first wave is dangerous unless the tank has "3rd party movement hacks". We also did not use SMN or NIN once! Setup was something like:

Kiter (PLD or RUN) GEO (healer/silence etc) THF (holds boss during 1st wave adds) COR BRD (both required to melee) and BLU (Mighty Guard/damage)

Notes - Kiter cannot touch the boss or they'll rip hate away from the DDs when they take 2nd wave adds away.

-DDs should fight their own adds on first wave (pop at 80%). Get a fast cast set for Utsusemi Ni because you'll use it a lot! And you don't want to rely on Utsusemi Ichi. A THF is enough to hold the boss while others do this.

-At 30% stop damage on the boss til the kiter has the second wave adds rounded up. This is a safety measure to ensure no accidents.

-Kill the boss quickly when it's safe. Healer should stop curing at this point so the boss won't keep draining mass amounts of HP from the DDs. It's pretty harmless if you keep shadows up. You have to kill it before the adds catch the kiter out .. which is very possible.

If you can't find a decent BRD, consider doing Normal with x2 COR instead. On COR I used Monks roll (lowers the bosses tp moves which includes a possible Dispel!) with Crooked Chaos. Bard did Honor march with attack songs. A second COR could do samurai/tacticians if no bard.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-09 14:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't recall what Quadavs were and the gimmick. Did they take 0 dmg if you hit their shell or something?

Was this month's ambuscade realy that hard for a lot of people? I thought the SMN/mew/debuff method was the far superior option vs kiting. Give your Tank Regen/Defense songs + Rolls, elegy + slow + para each add, and supertank with High Regen on. The hardest part of this month was finding a good tank. Your DPS could quite literally be anybody (PUP did very good as well if geared properly).
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-09 14:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently the quadavs could not be killed. The leader stayed at 1% forever and no one posted how to kill it, or no one ever succeeded in doing it.

Aside from the shell mechanic which is likely there.

This month is among the easiest... problem is it's easier to be stupid and screw it up.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-01-09 14:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't recall what Quadavs were and the gimmick. Did they take 0 dmg if you hit their shell or something?

Was this month's ambuscade realy that hard for a lot of people? I thought the SMN/mew/debuff method was the far superior option vs kiting. Give your Tank Regen/Defense songs + Rolls, elegy + slow + para each add, and supertank with High Regen on. The hardest part of this month was finding a good tank. Your DPS could quite literally be anybody (PUP did very good as well if geared properly).

Kitings only hard if it's during the first wave (without clipping), or if it's impossible to silence the astrologers for some reason. The GEO isn't doing much in the last 30% as you want the DDs to lose HP anyways, so plenty of time to silence.

Mewing the adds was never necessary for us. The only time I ever saw Triple Reversal was if the kiter died after getting caught with an astrolger going the wrong way around the pillar with silence not applied. But that wasn't often .. in fact, this months was as easy as the last for my groups.

The biggest challenge was finding a decent melee brd who didn't want to stand around stroking their instruments. But I'm on one of the smallest servers .. so it's not like anyone on Asura would struggle with that.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-09 14:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't remember this fight at all, or what the gimmick was. I only remember the shell thingy. Outside of Gu'Dha TP moves, all Quadav TP moves are all avoidable with shadows. There's a video on Youtube from 2 years ago of a Diff clear
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-09 15:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48624/ambuscade-findings/10/#reply

The entirety of the posts with quadavs. They gave up lol.

Quote:
Doing Intense Difficult with the Quadavs right now. Boss is at 1% and taking no damage. Anyone successfully done this know how to take it out?

Quote:
Yeah I give up on the Quadav Ambuscade. Don't know the requirements to take off that last 1%. :/ His glowy shield goes away while readying that TP move every 15 seconds after adds are gone so I'm assuming it's something that needs to be done during that window.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-09 15:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone in the other thread mentioned you can drop aura by WS it's shell. Watch it be something lame like the Soulflayer double shield upgrade that cannot be defeated by ANYTHING but Blood Pacts.
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2019-01-09 15:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
This month is among the easiest... problem is it's easier to be stupid and screw it up.
Was this month's ambuscade realy that hard for a lot of people?

I'm not sure why people have such an issue with this months. I can literally solo Normal down to the second set of adds, but can't kill all 3 of them fast enough and run out of time. (Dnc/Sam, Aparuru, Arciella 2, Joachim, Ulmia, EVMR)
I've been spamming Normal with Pick Up Groups and my shout says it all:
"Any job is fine, as long as you can follow directions."

As Eiryl said though, it's just easier to find people who screw it up, than it is to find people who follow directions.
We still manage to recover and succeed 90% of the runs, but it wastes so much time watching people die, because they can't follow 3 simple steps.

At 82% and 32%
1: Disengage the boss
2: Kite the boss
3: Anyone NOT kiting the boss, kill the Astrologer 1st, Tormentor's 2nd.
4: ???
5: Profit

I'm blown away by how many people can screw this up. The adds hit you for ~40 dmg per melee hit, and people can't survive, insist on trying to kite a single add, all engaging different adds in the wrong order, some I've seen chasing the Boss, while someone else is kiting it, trying to catch up and hit it. Last night, I kid you not, I gave these instructions and 2 people only somehow heard "don't touch boss" and wouldn't engage the boss until I re-explained that I meant not to touch it "when adds were up".

*Yes, I'm aware killing the adds isn't the cool, efficient, and/or elite way to do it, but for scrubs like myself who use pick-up groups, and refuse to spend an hour shouting/waiting for the perfect setup, the above is damn near fail safe, even with sub-par players.
[+]