Random Politics & Religion #36

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #36
Random Politics & Religion #36
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 110 111 112
By Nausi 2019-01-24 10:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Nausi said: »
Democrats don’t care about paying federal employees or ending the shutdown - they ONLY want to obstruct President Trump!

95% of Republicans voted to pay federal employees yesterday with only 5% of Democrats supporting.

Democrat shutdown.

That's already been completely debunked

No it has not.
By Nausi 2019-01-24 10:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Vic, why are you still here? Don’t you have some white kids to harass somewhere?
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-01-24 11:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

How about if the TSA workers at the DC area airports all call in sick so none of the politicians can fly home for the weekend?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-01-24 11:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By fonewear 2019-01-24 11:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
How about if the TSA workers at the DC area airports all call in sick so none of the politicians can fly home for the weekend?

Why do we need the government to secure airports...shouldn't the airports provide security themselves ?
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-01-24 12:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

They have private travel capabilities and those workers would be replaced very quickly. It's illegal for federal workers to go on strike btw.

But hey don't let that stop your fantasy of the Democrat revolution and taking control of government via extra-constitutional means.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-01-24 12:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Yeah, one of very first things that I remembered when this story came out was how the Left was telling everyone that David Hogg had immunity from media criticism because he was "just a kid", even though he was actively seeking national attention.

But when some kid in a MAGA hat is thrust into the media spotlight for standing silently? Time to make some death threats and call him Hitler.

Oh it got much worse, so much that the left is trying to quietly sweep this one under the rug.

Lets just say the left was caught red handed being racist, sexist and generally despicable.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-01-24 14:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Democrats don’t care about paying federal employees or ending the shutdown - they ONLY want to obstruct President Trump!

95% of Republicans voted to pay federal employees yesterday with only 5% of Democrats supporting.

Democrat shutdown.

That's already been completely debunked

No it has not.

Lol, yes it has. The Dems passed a bill to open the government and pay the workers. Multiple bills, in fact. This isn't hard.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-01-24 16:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
those workers would be replaced very quickly

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't accept a job without a pay.

And this is why liberals should be kept far away from fiscal policy, basic cause and effect eludes them.

General Government funding will eventually resume, typically with back pay to those who had to work during that period. So like I said, those workers would be replaced quickly.
By Zerowone 2019-01-24 16:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

And this is why liberals should be kept far away from fiscal policy, basic cause and effect eludes them.

General Government funding will eventually resume, typically with back pay to those who had to work during that period. So like I said, those workers would be replaced quickly.

Yeah tell that to the your mortgage lender or landlord, and utility companmy.

FYI e-verify is not operating during the shutdown. So in actuality they will/would not be replaced quickly at all.

This is why your posts shouldn’t be so full of pomposity.
By Nausi 2019-01-24 17:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So there are these things called nuclear weapons and if there was ever a nuclear war, lots of government employees would have to work without pay, probably for a long long time. I’m pretty sure this Hass to be part of the orientation process when one gets a government job. So the idea of it these people don’t know they could go a while without pay, is absolutely false i’m pretty sure this has to be part of the orientation process when one gets a government job. So the idea of it these people don’t know they could go a while without pay, is absolutely yes .

Additionally the government has been shut down before so you can’t really get a government job without some idea that you may need to go without pay for a little bit. All these pathetic attempts to get real working people to feel sorry for their government working counterparts are just stupid. Government workers are compensated at almost twice what the rest of us are for doing the same damn job. They should all have plenty of money to survive.

I saw an article in the local newspaper the other day about “hey look at these poor IRS workers they haven’t gotten paid in a bit” The story featured a snapshot of the couple in their dream kitchen. A kitchen most people reading the article likely will mever have.
By Nausi 2019-01-24 17:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »

Yeah tell that to the your mortgage lender or landlord, and utility companmy.

FYI e-verify is not operating during the shutdown. So in actuality they will/would not be replaced quickly at all.

This is why your posts shouldn’t be so full of pomposity.
Lenders and credit card companies have gone out of their way to help these people out. This is really above and beyond what they really need to do, because any *** with a brain knows they need to be prepared for some kind of financial hiccup in their lives. Most planners suggest you have six months of expenditures to live on. If you can’t do that, you’re living beyond your means and you’re a fool.

A fool and his money are soon departed.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-01-24 18:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

.... Most planners suggest you have six months of expenditures to live on. If you can’t do that, you’re living beyond your means and you’re a fool....
Most Americans are three paychecks from total disaster.
By Viciouss 2019-01-24 19:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol nuclear weapons? Like, what?
By Viciouss 2019-01-24 19:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Needless to say, Fallout is not part of the orientation for any federal job, people are not told that bottle caps could be the new form of payment and they should be prepared for it, nor will Pip-Boys be issued and no, you will not be getting Power Armor. Outrageous, I know.

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-01-24 19:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Having lived during the height of the cold war I had to laugh at that one too.

In reality bunkers were built for the important people, the high end politicians. There was no room for the civil service who would be vaporized.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-01-24 19:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

schizm2 said: »
.... Most planners suggest you have six months of expenditures to live on. If you can’t do that, you’re living beyond your means and you’re a fool....
Most Americans are three paychecks from total disaster.
I think most average Americans are one paycheck away from disaster.
I would say a large minority.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-01-24 19:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Senate blocks competing proposals to reopen government
CNN

Quote:
Both measures fell short of the 60 votes they would have needed to move forward in the upper chamber. The final vote tally for the GOP backed proposal was 50-47. The tally for the Democratic proposal was 52-44. Both would have needed 60 votes to advance.

Six Republicans voted for the Democratic-backed proposal: Senators Lamar Alexander, Susan Collins, Cory Gardner, Lisa Murkowski, Johnny Isakson and Mitt Romney

A handful of senators broke ranks with their party in the vote for the GOP-backed proposal. Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin voted yes on the Trump shutdown proposal, as he had said he would. Republican Sen. Tom Cotton voted no, as did Sen. Mike Lee, a Utah Republican....
By Viciouss 2019-01-24 19:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

In reality bunkers were built for the important people, the high end politicians. There was no room for the civil service who would be vaporized.

You mean I couldn't get into the Vault!? OUTRAGE!!!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-01-24 19:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean I couldn't get into the Vault!? OUTRAGE!!!
I honestly don't know if even wives could get in.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-01-24 20:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

mistresses only.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2019-01-24 20:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry Melania but we needed room for a KFC and we know your *** aint frying no chicken
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-01-25 01:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

By Ruaumoko 2019-01-25 06:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Roger Stone has just been arrested by the FBI.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-01-25 06:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So how long are you willing to work without pay? Weeks, months, years? Wouldn't you pick the jobs where you would be paid first?
They are getting paid, buddy. They are being furloughed. They are not “working for free”.

If I didn’t want to work a job that very clearly contained the possibility i might have to wait for a few paychecks, theb I wouldn’t take the job.

So there are these things called nuclear weapons

Yeah ... I'm not going to bother with the rest of your post lol.

Most planners suggest you have six months of expenditures to live on. If you can’t do that, you’re living beyond your means and you’re a fool.

Against raising minimal wage, believe people unable to have at least 6 months worth of savings are fools. Tell them they are living beyond their means, they should probably scrap some basic needs to meet your expectations, who needs foods or nuclear shelters anyways.

I have saved enough money that i can exist in an emergency for years. Its called living within your means. If i can do it, so can government workers.
By Nausi 2019-01-25 07:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Roger Stone has just been arrested by the FBI.

Another process crime, another nothing burger.

Cnn cameras were there for the arrest.

Mueller called them?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 110 111 112