Random Politics & Religion #36

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #36
Random Politics & Religion #36
First Page 2 3 ... 53 54 55 ... 110 111 112
By Viciouss 2019-01-23 10:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Two things, Congress has made sure to pass bills (that Trump has quietly signed) ensuring all federal workers receive backpay during the Trump shutdown, fairly certain they passed with unanimous voice vote, so there goes that conspiracy theory.

Also, no one has ever said steel plants would lose jobs and go out of business, everyone on the left understands that the steel manufacturers make money during a stupid tariff war, its everyone that has to purchase the steel at higher prices that suffera. Did you even read the article Slore?

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-01-23 11:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
In other news, republicans in house bring vote to floor to pay most federal workers through Feb 28, 2019. No wall monies, no pork, just straight pay for federal employees and coast guard.

Guess what? Only 6 dems voted for it, resolution failed. Tell me again how this is republicans shutdown?

Directly from house website if your into reading .gov stuff

"Never let a good crisis go to waste."
[+]
By Nausi 2019-01-23 12:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Its cool that you don't understand tariffs Slore.

I am fully aware what a tariff is, I will remind you as well:

A tariff is a tax on imports or exports between sovereign states. It is a form of regulation of foreign trade. It is a policy that taxes foreign products to encourage or protect domestic industry. It helps limit trade deficits. The tariff is historically used to protect infant industries and to allow import substitution industrialization.

You and the rest of the left on here screamed the sky was falling and US Steel manufacturers were going to be out of business. Now this is the second major steel producer reporting rising profits.

Did you ever read the article?
Why read when you can just be angry instead?
By Viciouss 2019-01-23 12:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry nausi, he has already been debunked. Better luck next time!
By Zerowone 2019-01-23 13:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

In other news, republicans in house bring vote to floor to pay most federal workers through Feb 28, 2019. No wall monies, no pork, just straight pay for federal employees and coast guard.

Guess what? Only 6 dems voted for it, resolution failed. Tell me again how this is republicans shutdown?

No offense but you and others are getting bamboozled.

Might want to dig deeper into the the timeline as to what was passed and what was attempted to be amended. What you see that got voted down was the pork.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-joint-resolution/28

Quote:
Shown Here:
Introduced in House (01/14/2019)
Further Additional Continuing Appropriations Act, 2019

This joint resolution provides continuing FY2019 appropriations to several federal agencies through the earlier of February 28, 2019, or the enactment of the applicable appropriations legislation.

It is known as a continuing resolution (CR) and ends the partial government shutdown that began after the existing CR expired on December 21, 2018, because seven of the remaining FY2019 appropriations bills have not been enacted.

(Five of the FY2019 appropriations bills were enacted last year, including

the Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2019;
the Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2019;
the Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2019;
the Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2019; and
the Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2019.)
Additionally, the CR has the effect of extending through February 28, 2019, several authorities and programs that were extended in prior CRs, including

the Violence Against Women Act,
the authority for the Environmental Protection Agency to collect and spend certain fees related to pesticides,
the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, and
several authorities related to immigration.

The vote:
Source: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2019/roll040.xml

Then Republicans then wanted to add conditions to the bill and that is what has been reported as being unanimously voted No on by Democrats:

Source: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2019/roll043.xml

Whatever media outlet you subscribe to, sensationalized a moot play for theatrics.

All of this can be found by simply reading the entries on the timeline of the bill itself:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-joint-resolution/28/all-actions?overview=closed#tabs
By Zerowone 2019-01-23 13:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Also it should be pointed out that the passing bill was introduced and sponsored by a Democrat:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-joint-resolution/28

Sponsor: Rep. Lowey, Nita M. [ D-NY-17 ]

(Introduced 01/14/2019)

Which is what tipped me off to the faulty claim from whatever news source that it originated from Republicans.
By Viciouss 2019-01-23 13:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Pelosi does the right thing and tells Trump he won't be making any speeches in Congress as long as he has the gov't shutdown.
By Nausi 2019-01-23 14:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pelosi wont even negotiate on her own shutdown.

As if anyone doesnt already know she hates the country.
By Viciouss 2019-01-23 14:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
By Nausi 2019-01-23 14:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Most democrats are coming out in support of funding the wall.

Pelosi exercise in impitent rage is winding down.
By Nausi 2019-01-23 14:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

(More)
By Viciouss 2019-01-23 14:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

double lol
By fonewear 2019-01-23 15:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Its cool that you don't understand tariffs Slore.

I am fully aware what a tariff is, I will remind you as well:

A tariff is a tax on imports or exports between sovereign states. It is a form of regulation of foreign trade. It is a policy that taxes foreign products to encourage or protect domestic industry. It helps limit trade deficits. The tariff is historically used to protect infant industries and to allow import substitution industrialization.

You and the rest of the left on here screamed the sky was falling and US Steel manufacturers were going to be out of business. Now this is the second major steel producer reporting rising profits.

Did you ever read the article?

Vic only reads his own posts.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-01-23 20:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I read one of my own posts once.

I gave it a 1 out of 10, would not read again.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-01-23 21:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I read one of my own posts once.

I gave it a 1 out of 10, would not read again.
Thaty the worst fone impression ive ever seen
By Viciouss 2019-01-23 23:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta love the Fox News headline "Trump Blinks" by agreeing to not give his speech during his shutdown. Its not like there was an alternative for him, there is nothing he can do about it (other than ending his shutdown but thats way too easy.) I'm guessing that headline won't last an hour, way too critical for Trump's liking.
By Zerowone 2019-01-24 07:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta love the Fox News headline "Trump Blinks" by agreeing to not give his speech during his shutdown. Its not like there was an alternative for him, there is nothing he can do about it (other than ending his shutdown but thats way too easy.) I'm guessing that headline won't last an hour, way too critical for Trump's liking.

It’s kind of like he is getting a crash course in how co-equal branches of government functions and all that it entails. Shame nobody gave him the soft lessons when his party had control of both houses the last years.

Also a shame there wasn’t a sense of urgency to fund this “wall” when his party had control of both houses for the last 2 years.

Suddenly after the mid term elections when the Democrats regain control it turns into an issue so magnificent it’s on the verge of being a national crisis? Interesting right?

Also a shame that government has been partially shutdown this long when there was a Republican bill that passed both the House and Senate in December but Ann Coulter pitched a fit and Trump caved in. Didn’t sign it causing the shutdown... it’s also a shame people really think this is somehow all The Democrats fault when really it’s just theatrics to distract from the chaos.

But I heard he’s a master negotiator who never settles and doesn’t let women tell him what to do.

Also it’s a damn shame Mitch McConnell gets to sit and do nothing by refusing to bring any bills regarding the budget and reopening the government to the floor.

Technically this is what everyone who voted for him and those that hate him all wanted to see.

Chaos.

/popcorn
By Nausi 2019-01-24 07:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile democrats are voting to keep pay from workers in Congress, while republicans are voting to pay them.
By Nausi 2019-01-24 09:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Pelosi puts the house in recess till the end of the weekend.

Democrat shutdown now amd always.
By Nausi 2019-01-24 09:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

https://twitter.com/jfnyc1/status/1088436031987306497?s=21

This is too funny.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-01-24 09:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How is FFXIAH still running if the government is shut down ? I thought this government shut down effected everything !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-01-24 09:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

"Never let a good crisis go to waste."

That Kamalari Harris said that the wall is a "vantiy project". I always trust squid...I mean senators running for President for 2020.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-01-24 09:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, one of very first things that I remembered when this story came out was how the Left was telling everyone that David Hogg had immunity from media criticism because he was "just a kid", even though he was actively seeking national attention.

But when some kid in a MAGA hat is thrust into the media spotlight for standing silently? Time to make some death threats and call him Hitler.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-01-24 09:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Walls are immoral I'm an evil Republican build that wall !

Sorry immigrants the country is full. Try Canada.
By Nausi 2019-01-24 10:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, one of very first things that I remembered when this story came out was how the Left was telling everyone that David Hogg had immunity from media criticism because he was "just a kid", even though he was actively seeking national attention.

But when some kid in a MAGA hat is thrust into the media spotlight for standing silently? Time to make some death threats and call him Hitler.
Its amazing that lefties still think they have any degree of morality. They are morally bankrupt, for what they support.
By Nausi 2019-01-24 10:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Democrats don’t care about paying federal employees or ending the shutdown - they ONLY want to obstruct President Trump!

95% of Republicans voted to pay federal employees yesterday with only 5% of Democrats supporting.

Democrat shutdown.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-01-24 10:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Democrats don’t care about paying federal employees or ending the shutdown - they ONLY want to obstruct President Trump!

95% of Republicans voted to pay federal employees yesterday with only 5% of Democrats supporting.

Democrat shutdown.

That's already been completely debunked lol. As in, you're lying again.

In real news, the House Dems passed a bill today to open the government (which means everyone gets paid) and broke for the weekend. The Senate is going to vote today on a couple of show votes that won't pass, then break for the weekend. Every Republican and Democrat is going to go home until Monday, which doesn't change the fact its still a Trump shutdown.

Gonna be a rough weekend for Trump as he sits in the WH accomplishing nothing, having completely lost the SOTU showdown with Pelosi, and looking at all the polls coming out this week that show his numbers continue to fall across the board (the Fox News poll will probably hurt the most). His message is failing, Americans blame him for his shutdown and want him to end it, and they view the shutdown as a much more serious problem than his fantasy wall.
By Nausi 2019-01-24 10:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you’re a lefty and therefore morally bankrupt for things like its okay and totally racist to harass white kids in maga hats for committing face crimes, while standing, then it doesn’t matter if you can get behind it or not.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 53 54 55 ... 110 111 112