First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 27 28 29
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-09-10 14:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Man, *** all that 10,000 Job points ***. Every player looking to complete these weapons need to be attempting 2 dynamis runs/week and trying to (at least) damage the wave 3 boss. Even if you don't kill it and only deal a small amount of damage to it, that's going to be significantly faster than dumping 700/wk into a 10,000 JP cost system. Only one I can see people having issue with is Halphas because of mechanics.

It's not so much the difficulty of the content but the difficulty of setting up an alliance to do it. On a populated server this is easy, but on a less populated server you'll find most of the best players already have their groups and will not join anyone else's due to the 60-hour wait.

Then you have to factor in people's play times, what jobs they play, and whether they can return to do Dyna-D at the same times twice a week. For those with no jobs/families/other commitments will have no problems with this, but for someone like me who can't say he will definitely be online the same time on the same day every week, it's a huge pain in the arse. I don't play this game like I did ten years ago, hell, I can't play every day as it's grindy and makes you want to quit if you revolve your life around it. I've got no issues leading these groups .. but setting it up every week? Man .. I don't want to go through all that again, I did that already a decade ago with my actual Dyna LS.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-09-10 14:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So yeah... officially REAM'D weapons, right?
[+]
Server: Asura
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-09-10 14:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly, people like myself rely on PUGs so getting to wave 3 is impossible. PUGs just don't have the skill to handle so I'm forced to do the merit method which I feel is completely ***with a 4 month lockout. The only benefit is the wait till generate more currency which will drive prices down.
 Asura.Cloudblade
By Asura.Cloudblade 2018-09-10 14:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Well on that note, any Asura dynamis ls's got room for a sam/cor... The 10K jp with 4 month lock out is a bit stupid.

edit: Anybody know where the masks come from? I assume the wave three galka, Mithra, etc. nms?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-09-10 14:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kiyarasubrosa said: »
4 month lockout
This ***just adds insult to injury. There'd be more than enough reason to farm wave3 to avoid 10,000JP. Forcing you to wait that long to do ONE JOB is absurd.

Absolute best case, you're spending like 40 hours on JP when the dyna run would just be 2. Their precious dyna baby isn't going to lose relevance if they don't add the ridiculous cockblock.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-10 14:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

No I understand completely, I'm just saying for the casual player, 4 months for one weapon is archaic. For those with multiple weapons, you're locked into this game for a very long time. 700JP/week is braindead easy, but completing just the first portion of the quest takes me to....January? Man forget that. Thing is, if you space out the dynamis runs towards beginning of the week and then fail, you can still dump your 700 points into another category in the meantime while you work on dynamis clears. So you can do both at once if/until you get the hang of it and finally can damage the boss.
 Bahamut.Lordesequiel
Server: Bahamut
user: Esequiel
By Bahamut.Lordesequiel 2018-09-10 14:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully you can do multiple paths at the same time, because iv started JP for Relic, but want a Bastok clear for Ergon.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-10 14:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't see why you couldn't. If you deal 30m damage to the boss, why wouldn't that just clear you past the first part of the quest? I saw it as an option that covers both groups, but there should be no reason why if you started to dump JP onto a relic and then you finally cleared 30m points, you wouldn't just get credit for finishing that line of weapons. Only thing is, you wouldn't get back any of the JP you spent, so you lose that progress completely if you go that route.

Just my thoughts on how I think it should work.
By Nariont 2018-09-10 14:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

They did not.
By zaxtiss 2018-09-10 14:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

SE mentioned they aren't touching any of those.

Post deleted by User.
By hobo 2018-09-10 14:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

odds are you wont see anything touch shields or instruments until they become 119. Sphagetti code prob depends on ilvl
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-09-10 14:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Unrealxhq said: »
Anyone know if instruments and shields got touched with this update?
No they made that clear months ago

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-09-10 14:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »
Asura.Unrealxhq said: »
Anyone know if instruments and shields got touched with this update?
No they made that clear months ago

They made this clear since the dawn of 119..
That also :)
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-09-10 14:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
So yeah... officially REAM'D weapons, right?

I told jooz. all this talk of DREAM weapons was just that- a Dream. Bust out the lube and bend over sweetheart, just keep breathin because this is gonna hurt.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-10 14:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing touched in this thread are the people asking the same 2-3 questions over and over without reading previous posts.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-09-10 14:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
The only thing touched in this thread are the people asking the same 2-3 questions over and over without reading previous posts.
Cause researching and reading is no longer allowed in this generation of ffxi! Smn burn all
[+]
By zaxtiss 2018-09-10 14:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

i think its cause they ran out of BUSHIN after about 2 pages of this.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-09-10 14:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »
i think its cause they ran out of BUSHIN after about 2 pages of this.
Do you need..sum bushin!
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-09-10 14:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause researching and reading is no longer allowed in this generation of ffxi! Smn burn all

A funny comment, but a chance to reply and mention something that has truly been bothering me for a while, so y'all deal:

I firmly believe that those of us who grew up without internet from day one of our lives are more accustomed to the concept of "learning" versus "fetching". This fact is even more exacerbated for those who grew up with 3G and beyond cell phones with google on it for the majority of their lives. We no longer have to learn things, because the answer is just a google search away, so we fetch our knowledge needs rather than expanding our actual knowledge base permanently.

So when you see 5 people ask in one thread if instruments and shields got beefed up, its because to them, these forums are just another google app- type in your question, get an answer.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-10 14:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

A funny comment, but a chance to reply and mention something that has truly been bothering me for a while, so y'all deal:

I firmly believe that those of us who grew up without internet from day one of our lives are more accustomed to the concept of "learning" versus "fetching". This fact is even more exacerbated for those who grew up with 3G and beyond cell phones with google on it for the majority of their lives. We no longer have to learn things, because the answer is just a google search away, so we fetch our knowledge needs rather than expanding our actual knowledge base permanently.

So when you see 5 people ask in one thread if instruments and shields got beefed up, its because to them, these forums are just another google app- type in your question, get an answer.

Alot of feckless words to just say they are *** idiots who lack reading comprehension skills.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-09-10 14:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what they do in college or at work. During HR meeting, “do not smack a co workers bottom.” 1 day later smacks bottom gets in trouble,”why did I get in trouble?” For not listening or reading the HR document you signed and agreed to!”
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-09-10 14:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Alot of feckless words to just say they are *** idiots who lack reading comprehension skills.
:lol dead: FRod did a “SMN burn!”
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-09-10 14:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

@Frod- quite true but I like digging for the why not just the what.

@Drakenv- yes, yes he did. All the Flaming Crushes.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-09-10 14:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

@Frod- quite true but I like digging for the why not just the what.

@Drakenv- yes, yes he did. All the Flaming Crushes.
Bushin!!!
 Asura.Mcdonalds
By Asura.Mcdonalds 2018-09-10 14:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol this is so sad. Finally farmed everything for my 4th mythic. Choosing so carefully, waiting for the update and ....looks like I have 30k alex for sale on asura cause what's the point now? Lol

Us casual players just took one right in the butt.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 27 28 29