the A.M.A.N. Trove BC
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 67 68 69
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2018-08-29 18:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Was really worried it was gonna be Chainspell at 9%.
 Asura.Gotenn
Server: Asura
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2018-08-29 18:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone mentioned what Greyson says right at the beginning when you talk to him the first time?

"By chance, have you heard of the A.M.A.N. Re-claimers? They're a group that goes around collecting various items and equipment. They take equipment donated to the A.M.A.N by retired adventurers and refurbish it before passing it along to active adventurers in need."

So I wonder if your rewards have a direct correlation between how many items you turn into the A.M.A.N Reclaimers every month? Don't turn anything in, basic stuff. Turn in 40-50 items, maybe you get a Omen body?
[+]
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Server: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-08-29 18:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why Impact (%base stat reduction) is such an incredible debuf to maintain on HTB etc.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-29 19:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Impact has the same benefit for HTB enemies as it does for normal ilvl enemies. The stat inflation is to get them to catch up to ilvl stats despite only being level 99, so they end up the same.
By clearlyamule 2018-08-29 20:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Though that kind of changes when you factor in the agi changes. In most ilvl zones agi after a point isn't adding to evasion anymore
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-29 20:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure the enemy AGI:Evasion nerf was based on the enemy's total AGI, not their internal level. If mobs stop getting evasion from AGI after 400 AGI (I don't know the actual value), then it wouldn't matter if the mob is level 99 with 500 AGI or level 140 with 500 AGI.
By clearlyamule 2018-08-29 21:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

That is correct however note I didn't say ilvl mobs but ilvl zones. The changes (along with alot of the more recent mob/mechanic changes) were done by zone. Same with the combat skill changes and the AoE dmg changes etc. It's also likely why they don't bother applying them to things like this and HTB, UNM and just inflate those mobs individual stats
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-29 21:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fairly sure that the level correction and AoE off-target changes are the only ones that were done by zone (first for Adoulin, then for Legion). Everything else is only based on mob level (like the enmity adjustments) or stats (like the agi:evasion adjustment).

Tumult Creator is much easier to hit than it was before the evasion changes, for example.
By clearlyamule 2018-08-29 22:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll look for it but might take some time since OF search function is absolutely terrible and is completely hit or miss if it will actually come up with all the things within the search.

edit: Hmmm ok so here's the 2 updates that effected evasion

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/52095-Feb.-10-2017-%28JST%29-Version-Update

update said:
Monsters in the following areas have had their combat skills, magic skills, and magic evasion lowered.
Seeks of Adoulin areas / Legion areas / Escha- Zi'Tah /
Escha-Ru'Aun / Reisenjima / Reisenjima Henge

And then http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/51154?p=583669#post583669

update said:
The evasion of high-level monsters has been decreased

Which is super vague in all kinds of ways (wouldn't even know it's what we were talking about from that lol) but they did talk about it a dev note which came from the reddit AMA right before that update.

Dev said:
Adjustments to monster evasion
We’ll be lowering the evasion values for high-level monsters. The higher the monster’s level, the more we will be reducing their evasion.

AMA said:
In the August Version Update, we’ll be making changes where it will lessen the amount of evasion that high-level monsters receive from AGI. Due to that, the amount of accuracy required will decrease. We would like to see how this change affects the situation and proceed from there.

Both of which aren't exactly clear. Guess probably is all for the agi thing just based on an amount that somehow high level got thrown in because official translations are the worst
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-08-30 07:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot to mention that prior to popping the chest we had to open 7 chests until we got the Mimic; 5 noise, 1 thud and 1 loud thud. We received 8 drops in pool. Unfortunately this probably means if you pop the mimic 1/1 you'd either get 0-1 rewards and it doesn't appear any unopened chests respawn after killing the Mimic.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-30 16:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It could also mean that there are 2 mimics and 8 real chests and that killing a mimic gives you all drops. Need another data point to make any solid conclusions
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-30 16:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe the difference between Mars and Venus is the number of mimics?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-30 16:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
It could also mean that there are 2 mimics and 8 real chests and that killing a mimic gives you all drops. Need another data point to make any solid conclusions
Report on an early page got 9 chests opened

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52655/the-aman-trove-bc/3/#3364794
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-08-30 16:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be that the number varies. We've already seen thuds vary.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-30 16:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's possible although I feel it's probably not likely. It seems more likely that it's 1 chest = 1 drop and the mimic counts given the 9 chest screenshot.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-30 16:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It just means that going through all of the trouble to fight that mimic is a serious slap in the face? Why the hell wouldn't killing the mimic give you everything the BC would have contained? That just sounds broken and stupid af. Almost as if they never truly thought anybody would beat it so no real reason to give you any reward for beating it. Lmao oh lord...
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-30 16:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

In retrospect the mimic rates people have been getting seem high. So I suppose that's also possible.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-30 16:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be mimic=loud thud or similar, which would give decent value to killing it. Not much of a sample to go off and I didnt see a list of what sounds ejiin had.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-30 17:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

There's literally zero point to killing it.

Enter > Thud > Exit
or
Enter > Mimic > Exit

First group got the title, everyone cheered, then no one cared to ever do it again.

No thud no point killing. Got thud, no point opening more.
[+]
By Justuas 2018-08-30 17:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Ejin, are you going to bother killing/trying to kill it 18 times a month now?
Sounds like a challenge.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-08-30 17:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, we'll probably only use Venus orbs from now on so that's 6 kills we have to do a month.

If we had exited on the first thud on the run where we killed, we'd have missed out on another thud and a loud thud, so there's certainly times you're drastically increasing your chances at rare gear.

If we pop mimic 1/1 or 1/2 without a thud, then it can be argued it's not worth the effort and should just warp out.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-30 18:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the loud thud gives you a normal thud drop and an accessory. Is there evidence to contradict this?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-30 18:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
There's literally zero point to killing it.

Enter > Thud > Exit
or
Enter > Mimic > Exit

First group got the title, everyone cheered, then no one cared to ever do it again.

No thud no point killing. Got thud, no point opening more.
Gonna go with Eiryl on this one. I see 95% of people just deciding that the squeeze isn't worth the juice at all to bother fighting it. Had to have been a SE intern design this fight. How killing that mimic doesn't AT LEAST drop one rare body (be it reisenjima or something else) is laughable.

Going to play devil's advocate though. There's a possibility the mimic box changes with every tick. I noticed during my runs every few seconds the boxes would flash white. It does this at intervals. It could be that every few seconds the mimic box changes, randomizing the event even further. Just a thought. Still seems like a waste outside of title, unless you're really after something rare and maximizing those chances
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2018-08-30 18:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Burned through eight orbs today, I had great luck on my mules not getting Ka-Thwacked immediately but crap luck on drops. (sorry no screenshots on all instances, was bummed out mostly).

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Report on an early page got 9 chests opened

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52655/the-aman-trove-bc/3/#3364794

In addition to that post, which shows that thud is not always guaranteed armor - I opened 9/10 chests today and never got a thud:

Bismarck.Legendia said: »
-Thud is at least one guaranteed piece of armor
One of my "thuds" was Hahava's Mail and another crafting mat.

I think the loud thud gives you a normal thud drop and an accessory. Is there evidence to contradict this?
My only "loud thud" was a Taka and a Deathbane, so no accessory.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-08-30 18:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

SE and ***Implementation name a more iconic duo.

Inb4 A.M.A.N Trove Campaign in October.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 67 68 69