First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 67 68 69
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-30 19:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
SE and ***Implementation name a more iconic duo.

Inb4 A.M.A.N Trove Campaign in October.

If you kill the chest, you should get the full drops that all 9 chests would have dropped.

Even that, doesn't really make it worthwhile, because there is literally no limit to the items to that can drop. You would just see dozens of "I killed the mimic and all I got was these lousy crafting materials" posts.

DirectX said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I noticed during my runs every few seconds the boxes would flash white. It does this at intervals.
I thought that was me trying to use psycho powers to guess the mimic chest and imagining the flashing.

I'm the fifth post on the first page and mentioned the white glowing order lol. Guess it gets lost after 20 pages.
By clearlyamule 2018-08-30 19:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
It seems more likely that it's 1 chest = 1 drop and the mimic counts given the 9 chest screenshot.
That's clearly not the case based on other reports namely mine where I listed number of chests opened and drops and even what kind of noise and while they mostly fit into certain drop to noise/thud ratios it wasn't 100% and thuds were generally 2... or seemed that way since hard to be 100% when you get noises with it too
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-30 19:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind people were also reporting more drops with more people(and the NPC outright said that). Ejiin clearly had 6, that could account for the extra drop.
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2018-08-30 19:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Legendia said: »
You probably had the rare/ex gear from the thud already?
That's a solid point, those two mules are loaded up with Rare/EX gear that my mains don't need.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-30 20:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it will be difficult to come to any solid conclusions without compiling the drops and messages into a spreadsheet and carefully scrutinizing it. It seems like a worthwhile event if you want Omen bodies. Eijin has stated he thinks a group can clear it in around 15 minutes. The drop rates on the omen bodies seems higher from this event than actual Omen.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-08-30 22:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I absolutely think a flawless run will take around 10~15 minutes. 3 minutes of the video is just me being turned getting buffs back up.

But even if things go wrong, it's pretty easy to recover. Like the run in the video we had a Death go off at 89% because Mart had Stoneskin up and wasn't able to wake mages with Healing Breeze in time.

The majority of the difficulty of this NM is just being prepared for every possible thing that can screw you. Once you have that sorted, it becomes much easier.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-08-30 22:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming salt from a minority of the JP community and banstick on your vid :P
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-31 01:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not going to widdle down 1.5 million HP by melee swings when its in DT mode.
By clearlyamule 2018-08-31 01:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Not with that attitude you wont!
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2018-08-31 07:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Can confirm killing the mimic doesn't give you full drops from all the chests, you're just given what you've already opened.

Venus also at least feels slightly more difficult. It seemed to hit a little harder, and whether just bad RNG or actually a different mechanic or weighted chance, we ate AoE petrify over a dozen times during our Venus run compared to once or twice during Mars. It made the 39% > 9% phase much longer and more dangerous.

No SS cause it was late and I derped, but 2x thuds and 2x noises on a Venus produced:

Naga Hakama
Akademos
Atakigiri
Fern Stone Pouch
Amethyst

No proof of course, but I'm thinking the gold chest produces an item. Most reports show +1 item over however many chests have been opened. Perhaps Venus' gold chest is a thud or loud thud pool, while Mars' is from the noise pool. Venus is mentioned to have a guaranteed rare item, so that'd add up. The NPC dialogue referencing bringing more people equals more drops is prolly just an obtuse reference to getting R/Ex gear that you already have won't put it into the loot pool.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-31 08:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
What is your rare item there?
It's in one of the chests he didn't open off course lol
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-08-31 19:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Mars orb, 6 "Noise".

obtained: 5mil personal gil, Beladonna Sap, Hahava's Mail, snowslit bag, snowdim bag, Scarletite Ingot, Orm. Ingot.

This crap is pure unregulated RNGesus Boosheit.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2018-08-31 21:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Rather than indicating the quality of reward, could Thud indicate how close the mimic is?

Afterall, it doesn't make sense for a dead chest to thud <_<;
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-31 21:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the weight/size of things falling into the chest, metaphorically.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-31 21:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Rather than indicating the quality of reward, could Thud indicate how close the mimic is?

Afterall, it doesn't make sense for a dead chest to thud <_<;
Interesting observation. Perhaps someone can find a "thud" and then try to open a box farther away from it. See if only thuds occur right next to a mimic, which would help people solo a lot more efficiently. Those messages could be like an iteration of the "hot and cold" game, wherein the intensity of the message indicates how close to danger you are.
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2018-08-31 22:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If that were the case, then the pic on the previous page with 9 noises shouldn't be possible, unless it's possible for there to not be a mimic.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-31 23:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless the mimic moves, as the flashing/rotating mimic theory suggests
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-09-01 11:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Based on any of the data so far, if my goal is simply a Dagon Breastplate which I saw drop in Ghelsba, and I am just gonna solo and pop at the first thud exit - does any of the available data indicate if I am better off using Mars orbs and going more often, or Venus and going less?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-01 11:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Random being random, simply put, more is more

The BEST chance; sell orbs to morons, buy body
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-09-01 11:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome - thank you. I wasn't sure if any of the benefits which cause the Venus orb to cost more would have an impact on the drop chances in any way. Thanks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-09-01 13:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Unless the mimic moves, as the flashing/rotating mimic theory suggests

Well, I seem to recall that there was no indicator in the mob id to differentiate it from the others.

So what if they are all identical objects, and its pure prng for a mimic pop chance?

What if that chance gets higher as you open more chests until its 100% on the last one?

Seems to me they might have programmed it this way.

if so, maybe the noises correspond w/ % chance that it COULD have been a mimic. But if that were the case, the only reason to differentiate mimic chance vs noise would be if it affected rarety of drop. ie: common, uncommon, rare, very rare

... which is pretty much the operating theory already.

Although common vs rare doesn't always correspond w/ quality. There are some rare drops from zi'tah mobs that are not really as valuable and uncommon drops in Reisenjima. or something like that.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-01 14:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
What if that chance gets higher as you open more chests until its 100% on the last one?

Wait.... What??? That's exactly what happens, law of probability. You have a 10% chance of getting a mimic. The % of getting a mimic goes up the less boxes are available.... That's kinda the point of the exercise. Beat the odds. It's literally a game of "chicken" to see who wants to Gamble the longest.
 Fenrir.Iiana
By Fenrir.Iiana 2018-09-01 14:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still not entirely certain one chest is designated as the mimic upon entering. It seems more likely that any given chest has a chance of being the mimic or not upon opening it.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-01 15:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If that was true, we'd have testimonies of people managing to open every single chest without getting the mimic.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-01 15:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
If that was true, we'd have testimonies of people managing to open every single chest without getting the mimic.

No, no one would've been dumb enough to open the tenth one, suspecting 100% it would be a mimic.
[+]
 Fenrir.Iiana
By Fenrir.Iiana 2018-09-01 15:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Not necessarily. You can definitely design a system like that which still guarantees at least one mimic among ten chests. I might just be horrendously unlucky, but every orb I spent or joined involved finding a mimic almost immediately. For 1/10 chance, it sure feels higher than 1/10
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-01 15:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »

No, no one would've been dumb enough to open the tenth one, suspecting 100% it would be a mimic.
I can guarantee that some people would be dumb enough.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-01 16:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Iiana said: »
Not necessarily. You can definitely design a system like that which still guarantees at least one mimic among ten chests. I might just be horrendously unlucky, but every orb I spent or joined involved finding a mimic almost immediately. For 1/10 chance, it sure feels higher than 1/10

I opened 16 in a row that were all the mimic. 1/1 or 1/2 16 times straight.

Pretty unreasonable odds for that to just happen randomly, if one single box is predesignated to be mimic when you enter. With the same 10% chance etc.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 67 68 69