the A.M.A.N. Trove BC
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 67 68 69
 Asura.Moduhry
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Necromage
By Asura.Moduhry 2018-08-26 22:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Mars orb: Noise, Noise, Loud Thud > Exit yielded Gada, beryllium ore, ethereal squama, and frayed sack of opulence.
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2018-08-27 03:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
You need ROV mission access
zaxtiss said: »
dont need any mission progress in ROV to get into E zitah i'd just go there.

This whole time after doing RoV 4 times I thought I needed to get to the Escha Zitah point in the story to allow entrance through the undulating confluence.

Appreciate it.

you still want to get the rapsodies in umbral ki for maat fight in order to get the trust for it so might as well get your mules rank 3 and do rov up to that point before you bother with exp. it also gives you one of the ki for XP bonus in the process so more efficient to start with that.
2-3 mission is uncapped in case you forgot so if you have 2 account, that fight isnt one.
[+]
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2018-08-28 12:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Does this RoE reset ever?

I finally did Venus Orb x2 with my 2 characters. Went 1/1 on popping Mimic on my main char... of course.

2nd char popped chest at 3/10 with 3rd being Loud Thud and got myself the Cursna ring.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-28 12:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a monthly
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-08-29 02:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally a win. But crap drops, of course. Details and video tomorrow. Sleep now.
[+]
By trinironnie 2018-08-29 06:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grb0a7SiDEE
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-29 07:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yaiiii, so what happens if you kill it?

Also I was wondering, why does the NPC says that "you'll get better drops the more people you bring with you"? Or did I misread?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Server: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-08-29 12:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Based on the number of items in the pool, unless they opened 8 chests then purposefully sought the chest, the mimic gave all the loot
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-08-29 12:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
And the chests didn't repop. Wowwwwww.
Didn't we already know that though?

update said:
Treasure chests
Each battlefield contains ten wooden chests and one gold chest.
•Wooden Chests
If you strike it lucky with a wooden chest, you will receive an additional item drop when you clear the content. If you are unlucky, all the treasure chests will vanish and you will have to engage in combat against a fierce mimic.
* If you best the mimic, the gold treasure chest will appear once more and you may open it to clear the battlefield.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-29 12:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice win guys. Based on the JP track record, expect to have that video flagged and removed from youtube shortly. Not supposed to win before them.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-29 13:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There are 9(+1 mimic) chests, so obviously it didn't give them credit for all of them. Whether it gave anything extra, who knows. Doesn't seem like it to me.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-08-29 15:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So after research and posts the final verdict: is there a point killing the NM?
Yes or no let’s tally
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-29 15:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Being able to kill the NM consistantly(would hope 100% is doable, I didn't watch the video but my experience indicates it should be) means you can open chests fearlessly. It doesn't really change much if you have a failure rate, because you'd still leave on a loud thud.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-29 15:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know, that looks like a lot of effort for Akvan's Pennon. Better off stockpiling orbs and selling them back to groups.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-29 15:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I don't know, that looks like a lot of effort for Akvan's Pennon. Better off stockpiling orbs and selling them back to groups.

And there you have the problem as a whole. Random piece of ***Number Generator.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-08-29 15:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So based on the DPS numbers at the beginning of the video(96%?) and end (0%), and just plugging numbers into a calculator the chest has around... 2,082,823 HP?

I don't know if it counts absorbs as part of total damage but give or take 20K, 2.1M HP is kinda ridiculous. "Go Big or Go Home" I guess.

Either way, congrats!!!
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2018-08-29 16:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
So based on the DPS numbers at the beginning of the video(96%?) and end (0%), and just plugging numbers into a calculator the chest has around... 2,082,823 HP?

I don't know if it counts absorbs as part of total damage but give or take 20K, 2.1M HP is kinda ridiculous. "Go Big or Go Home" I guess.

Either way, congrats!!!

I did 240k damage with AFAC and took him to 89% in a solo attempt without healing it. Yeah, 2-2.5 million HP.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-29 16:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

2.2m HP isn't that much for a 30 minute 6 person fight. That's only 1222 combined DPS, which is trivial if you aren't constantly dying and can get past his DT.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-08-29 16:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
2.2m HP isn't that much for a 30 minute 6 person fight. That's only 1222 combined DPS, which is trivial if you aren't constantly dying and can get past his DT.

Depends... Is it worth the trouble (outside of Title chasing) if you didn't get "Loud Thud?" I think not.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-29 16:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, people have reported Omen bodies from normal thuds.
By clearlyamule 2018-08-29 17:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Really depends on the mob... way too many variables to make a blanket statement like that. Like technically my trusts are capable of that much dps... assuming I don't need more/better support and can find an nm that fits that and will survive
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-08-29 17:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This fight has 4 phases, each of which is signified by it using Kathwack. The phases are 100%, 69%, 39% and 9%. The Mimic is a level 99 mob with boosted stats, so hate mechanics totally suck for this.

Kathwack: Darkness magic/breath damage that either KOs or removes RR similar to Odin MT. We saw this move do as much as 3K damage.

Luopans will always be KO'd, so it's a good idea to stagger BoG and EA.

Valiance drastically reduces Kathwack damage, making it much more manageable. The damage can also be absorbed by RUN, making us think Liement and All For One would also work on Kathwack.

Death spell: No matter what, it always casts Death every 30-40 seconds. Sometimes it'll do AM2 or aga, but the vast majority of the time it casts Death. While Martel had strangely high resist rates of Death on RUN, the only realistic way to reliably prevent it is Lullaby, as it's 100% immune to Stun/Silence. With best possible BRD macc set, food and Warlock roll, you can Lullaby it for up to 20min straight.

Death Trap: Hate Reset. This is almost certainly a retaliation move it uses when you don't meet a certain condition. For us, it used it after what seemed to be every 3rd WS during the 69-39% phase. With Attunement and Barthundra the stun duration is fairly short and you can power through it. Divine Caress Poisona will allow you to resist Poison 3-4 times.

Guilded Torpor: AoE sleep. This landing on BRD at the wrong time can be very bad. If used, Martel would Frenzy Sallet and use Healing Breeze as soon as possible which made this move a none factor.

Booby Prize: Picks and random debuff and applies it to everyone in range. Really not dangerous at all except for when it does Petrify, which always seemed to last for 2min even with mages in max meva gear. Should have someone very far back that's /whm to Stona just in case this goes off.

Pandora's Curse: Darkness based magic damage that has a strong bio and does 30~ seconds of all stats down. Can only use starting after 39%.

Pandora's Gift: Box just randomly heals you. Might be a reward mechanic for doing something correct. Only saw it under 39%.

Other physical based chest TP moves: Double Wammy/Slam/Calamitous Collapse. All are pretty weak and not a factor.

100-69% Phase 1:

•We had the RUN run in solo to open every chest until the mimic spawned so they were the only one to eat the first Kathwack. After it's popped the BRD sleeps and we applied full buffs.

•No special mechanics. Takes lots of damage from Physical/Magic and no absorbs.

69-39% Phase2:

•In the video, we start directly into Phase 2. I had already gotten it down to 69%, but accidentally healed it back to 95%. True Phase 2 in the video starts at 69% HP.

•Phase 2 mechanic to do damage is alternating skillchains. Either light or dark based magic will heal or damage it, you can test which by casting fire. If fire is absorbed it, darkness will deal damage, if fire damages it then light will damage it. Skillchain damage is vastly amplified during this stage for both damage and heals.

•Death Trap spam begins. Usually I can get off 1 clean SC and use the opening weaponskill for the following SC, but then it retaliates with a Death Trap.

39-9% Phase 3:

•Pandora's Curse unlocks which can be dangerous.

•Gains massive DT, but we found that making sure it was in fire absorb mode before starting a 3 step skillchain, the 2nd SC would do considerable damage. With this we were able to whittle it down to 9%.

Example: Tachi: Shoha > Tachi: Kasha will make light which will heal it but not for a ton because Kasha is pretty weak, usually around 5-10K damage. Fudo after Kasha will make Level 2 Light or Radiance, which does 20-30K damage.

9-0% Phase 4:

•Will use Might Strikes and gain a MASSIVE Plague and Bio aura. I'm not positive but it felt like plague was removing 500~700 TP per tick.

•It felt like all mechanics were gone again. No absorbs or DT. I feel like the goal is just to "beat the aura" type thing. ***can go very, very wrong if the WHM gets stunned from Death Trap while poison+bio are ticking away.

•We layered RUN SP> WHM SP2 + SAM SP2 to prevent Death Trap's stun from ever landing.

Final Notes:

•Possibly part of its retaliation mechanic, it will sometimes get a Muddle and Avoidance Aura. This can interfere with using RR items so make sure it's down when trying to use.

•Once it's dead, the Gold Chest in the center reappears and you can click it to get your rewards.

•If cleaned up more and no mistakes, I can see this being cleanable in 15 minutes or so.

•SAM solo DD isn't 100% needed. Any other DD + COR can easily mimic what SAM was doing with SC, but we're already set up very well to take advantage of multi-step SAM.

•We used Mars Orb for this run. Will prob do Venus for next/from now on.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-08-29 18:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So soloing with trusts seems hnmm

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-08-29 18:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Legendia said: »
lvl 99 with boosted stats? Hmmm how was his evasion through the fight?
The lvl 99 thing means that this fight is just like merit BCs, UNMs(Tumult curator, etc) in that the mobs are actually lvl 99, with greatly boosted stats. The main effect of this is that damage yields ridiculous amounts of enmity, making it very difficult to keep hate via spells/ja. And DD cap hate much much faster than on mobs that are actually high level. So it's DD tank, or don't tank, basically. Well, or have super low enmity DDs.

Which is why I very rarely actually tanked during this fight. I pretty much just kept the mob off the back line after Death Trap hate resets, and supported with Valiance/One For All/Liement/Odyllic.

As for the accuracy requirements, I'll have to leave that one to Ejiin. Didn't really pay DD buffs any mind, since I wasn't DDing.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-08-29 18:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Legendia said: »
lvl 99 with boosted stats? Hmmm how was his evasion through the fight?

In my attempts I needed a few accuracy buffs to land reliably. So thinking 1350-1400 should cap accuracy.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-08-29 18:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need tons of accuracy until you're hit with Pandora's Curse. 1350-1400 is a good ball park to aim for, like Honor said. With Pandora's Curse on you need more like 1600-1700. So you def want to be prepared with either excess buffs or gear swaps during Phase 3.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 67 68 69