Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Cloudblade 2018-08-17 14:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Asura.Cloudblade said: »
Asura.Suteru said: »
Also contesting "guaranteed 5m with venus and thud"

My screenshot earlier in this thread was with a Venus orb.

I can verify this as well. I obtained tier 2 escha zitah gear with my thud of Venus. It was great...
And 5mil?:)
If only, but why get 5mil when I could get 3/5 of a copper voucher, right?
[+]
 Bahamut.Eorphere
Server: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2018-08-17 16:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Inuyushi said: »
clearlyamule said: »
Man getting the RoE from doing 2 besieged is pretty annoying these days

And after waiting for hours got teleported to some farther part of the map with most of the doors closed so the way I initially tried to get to the mobs pouring in failed... by the time I went back around they had retreated without getting past the very initial moat so absolutely no credit <.<

As others have said you get credit if you just pop temp items. You technically could create a lua to pop the temp items when get them and never actually have to be present for the fighting. I got credit on my first one without touching a monster, but I used temp items.

What is the requirement for temp itens to give credit? I popped the instant reraise on a mule thinking it would work,then focused on my main for real IS. My mule didn't get credit. I wonder if you have to use a certain number or if they must do something more than buff with rr (like restore actual hp).
By cuddlyhamster 2018-08-17 18:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Eorphere said: »

And after waiting for hours got teleported to some farther part of the map with most of the doors closed so the way I initially tried to get to the mobs pouring in failed... by the time I went back around they had retreated without getting past the very initial moat so absolutely no credit <.<

As others have said you get credit if you just pop temp items. You technically could create a lua to pop the temp items when get them and never actually have to be present for the fighting. I got credit on my first one without touching a monster, but I used temp items.

What is the requirement for temp itens to give credit? I popped the instant reraise on a mule thinking it would work,then focused on my main for real IS. My mule didn't get credit. I wonder if you have to use a certain number or if they must do something more than buff with rr (like restore actual hp).

buffing yourself isnt enough. curing on the other hand is. so using a Giant's Drink (increases max hp) then Elixir is enough to get credit
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-08-18 00:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

cuddlyhamster said: »

buffing yourself isnt enough. curing on the other hand is. so using a Giant's Drink (increases max hp) then Elixir is enough to get credit
It is in fact not. 3 characters all used giants drink and elixir twice zero credit

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2018-08-18 01:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

wrong assumption

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2018-08-18 01:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean your assumption was wrong. I healed all 6 times
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2018-08-18 11:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
cuddlyhamster said: »

It is in fact not. 3 characters all used giants drink and elixir twice zero credit
wrong order of using them probably.

Nah, I just had the same issue. 2 mules, one used Giant's > Hi-Elixir, one used Giant's Megalixir. Both healed HP and neither got credit. There has to be more to it.

Perhaps if certain bonus conditions are met, everyone gets the bonus credit or something. Either something like that, or the people claiming to only use a Giant's and then a curing med and then getting credit are doing more than just that? Are they getting hit also? Does damage taken factor in? Did they also use the offensive temps on mobs?

I have no clue, but I 100% used them in the correct order, cured HP, and got 0 credit.

Guess I will put them on BST and hope I can find a mob to put the pet on. I did find that on my main, on a long range job (or BST), you can stand on the bridge and attack from above. Not saying the doors leading there won't be closed during some battles, but that is what I do on my main to get capped IS.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2018-08-18 11:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

AFK'd on SMN and received credit. As far as I can see, I only evaded an aoe. Luckily I wasn't placed far away from battle when it began, it was level 7.

https://i.imgur.com/MDL6Um5.jpg
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-08-18 11:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, I just had the same issue. 2 mules, one used Giant's > Hi-Elixir, one used Giant's Megalixir. Both healed HP and neither got credit. There has to be more to it.

Perhaps if certain bonus conditions are met, everyone gets the bonus credit or something. Either something like that, or the people claiming to only use a Giant's and then a curing med and then getting credit are doing more than just that? Are they getting hit also? Does damage taken factor in? Did they also use the offensive temps on mobs?

I have no clue, but I 100% used them in the correct order, cured HP, and got 0 credit.

Guess I will put them on BST and hope I can find a mob to put the pet on. I did find that on my main, on a long range job (or BST), you can stand on the bridge and attack from above. Not saying the doors leading there won't be closed during some battles, but that is what I do on my main to get capped IS.
It's likely been changed for the ROE maybe. I know for a fact that Giants + Elixir USED to work in TOAU days. Maybe try buffing an npc like Truece suggested? idk :(
By clearlyamule 2018-08-18 14:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Commencal said: »
AFK'd on SMN and received credit. As far as I can see, I only evaded an aoe. Luckily I wasn't placed far away from battle when it began, it was level 7.

https://i.imgur.com/MDL6Um5.jpg
Your avatar might have tried something that didn't get logged given you were in combat area?
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2018-08-18 14:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »

It's likely been changed for the ROE maybe. I know for a fact that Giants + Elixir USED to work in TOAU days. Maybe try buffing an npc like Truece suggested? idk :(

They very well may have changed it for the RoE. Have others tried it since the update and had it work? And yeah, I remember using temps working too.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-08-18 16:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohh, so it's not the temps that gives credit. I was on blue mage and popped Giant's Drink then cured myself for 1k. That was probably what gave the credit. Still it wouldn't be hard to automate once you know the conditions.
By Blackhalo714 2018-08-21 03:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Loud Thud on first box= Sack of plenty. (Mars orb)
Figured I would share since reading loud thuds were giving good drops. I only opened that box because of the message. To my surprise I got some fern stones...lol. Not expecting a omen body but damn I would of rather got the mimic.

I am thinking noise seems to multiply drops. Usually just get thuds and noises resulting in gear/mats. First time for loud thud.

Did one venus got a thud message only opening one coffer=
Soulcleaver.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-22 00:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

First box mimic is regoddamndiculous

I find it really hard to believe there's only 1 mimic and I've hit it every single time within 4* chests on every single go so far (15) it's been those same two chests every time in Giddeus. Luck, my ***.

OOXXO
----O----
OOOOO

I keep going "there's no *** way it's in the same damn box again, right" nope.
By clearlyamule 2018-08-22 00:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Then why do you keep hitting those same chests in your first 4!?!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-22 01:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody tryin to kill the Mimic anymore? Haven't read any updates over the last week.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-22 01:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Then why do you keep hitting those same chests in your first 4!?!

Because, statistically, theres no possible way it can KEEP being in the same box. If I keep using the same pattern, eventually It should stop being there. And I guess I want to see how many times I'll let it *** me before I stop bothering to collect silvers.

Asura.Sechs said: »
Nobody tryin to kill the Mimic anymore? Haven't read any updates over the last week.

No mains have any silver vouchers left to try
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-08-22 01:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure devs intent was for people not to be able to beat the mimic. The whole point of this thing is press your luck. It's no different than the BCNM50 "Treasure and Tribulations" just greater rewards with high risk. At least odds are more in the players favor.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-22 01:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kiyarasubrosa said: »
Pretty sure devs intent was for people not to be able to beat the mimic.
Totally agreed.
Pretty confident it will drop absolutely nothing, not even a title (we would've known from the dats).

Regardless, I'm still curious to see people win that fight :D
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2018-08-22 05:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Pretty sure devs intent was for people not to be able to beat the mimic.
Totally agreed.
Pretty confident it will drop absolutely nothing, not even a title (we would've known from the dats).

Regardless, I'm still curious to see people win that fight :D

I think I recall someone saying there was a new title "Mimic Masher" or something. I may have misunderstood, or could have come upon false information.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-08-22 05:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
New Titles:

• Every Ilm a Heroine

• Mimic Masher

• Zeroine to Heroine

in the main update thread.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-22 05:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure devs intent was for people not to be able to beat the mimic. The whole point of this thing is press your luck. It's no different than the BCNM50 "Treasure and Tribulations" just greater rewards with high risk. At least odds are more in the players favor.
The devs LITERALLY stated that it's winnable, there's a specific mechanic if you win (you get to keep your items), there's a title from him, and it would have been trivial to design an actually unwinnabke fight. You also compared it to a fight which has also always been winnable.

Why are people still trying to claim this ridiculous notion?
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-08-22 05:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
The devs LITERALLY stated that it's winnable, there's a specific mechanic if you win (you get to keep your items), there's a title from him, and it would have been trivial to design an actually unwinnabke fight. You also compared it to a fight which has also always been winnable.

Because if i can't win it on the first try, it must be impossible.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-22 06:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »

They said AV was winnable. Yes, this is a relevant and 100% accurate point to make. They were full of ***and/or delusional then, why could they not be this time also?
AV was winnable, it just had an arcane gimmick that almost required living in Japan for latency reasons, and an excessive number of players and time.

This fight isn't even close to comparable.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-08-22 06:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure AV wasn't meant to be winnable when it first released. It originally had no drops (first kill iirc there were none). It was meant as a "punishment" of sorts. Then they found out that wasn't going to be well received so they added drops and said "Oh yeah totes killable guys".
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 67 68 69