First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-08-07 08:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Any alternative ways to get silver AMAN vouchers? I used up all of mine a while ago
Thought the silver ones are from the new ROEs?
By geigei 2018-08-07 08:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Any alternative ways to get silver AMAN vouchers? I used up all of mine a while ago
wut
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-08-07 08:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Entered AMAN Trove on my mule's SCH for RR with a Mars Orb. Casted RR, threw on Phalanx, Stoneskin just for good measure. I had a momentary thought to switch into a DT set but forewent that decision. Got past first chest no problem.

Second chest was the mimic, it does indeed wipe RR so I survived... but I took 2.2K damage and died anyway.... All my targetable trusts go "KO'd." (summoned Moogle and Sakura just to see what might happen)

Long story-short, wear a DT set along with RR. You "might" survive the Mimic.
By Staleyx 2018-08-07 08:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Mar's Orbx2
Snowslit+2 Sack
Ethereal Squama
Sunstone
Taupe Sack

Indi-Frailty
Hahava's Mail
Kidney Stone
Pelt of Dawon
Pil's tuille
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-08-07 08:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

We have a new song. Anyone who has done the new Iroha BC, did you notice if it was a new theme?
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-08-07 08:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Thought the silver ones are from the new ROEs?
Ok that makes sense. Thename reminder me of the vouchers we could trade for 2 abj seals
By SimonSes 2018-08-07 08:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what you call a good sense of humor. Good job game :)

Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-08-07 09:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What happens if you kill the mimic?
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-08-07 09:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

New Titles:

• Every Ilm a Heroine

• Mimic Masher

• Zeroine to Heroine

[+]
 Siren.Demetreos
Server: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2018-08-07 09:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
What happens if you kill the mimic?
I presume you get to keep the stuff you've looted from the chests up to that point then exit.

Wonder if it gives you everything else, or if it drops anything too.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2018-08-07 09:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems to me that there are 3 wooden chest messages or so; important ones being the thud and thud!!! ones that indicate its added a an accessory or body (!!!) item to loot pool.

'Lots of spoils' message seems to give 2 maybe 3 lesser items; the new stone sacks, VW mats, HTBC pieces.

All tests were done at Horlais' BC.

tl;dr: Go til/if you get a thud message then bail if solo.
 Bismarck.Oppa
Server: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Oppa 2018-08-07 09:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Scherzo/Armor work for the KO move?
By Elizabet 2018-08-07 09:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Had Earthen Armor, SS, RR, about -20 DT. as a smn. Nothing fancy otherwise.

In hindsight I should've RR'd trusts. FML.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-08-07 09:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice items. Extra WSD Ring! SAMs or people focused on x-hit will probably find this annoying, THFs and Savage Bladers will probably want this right away.

Really liking the new Cursna gear. If 100% Cursna wasn’t possible before, it most certainly should be now (either that or we can now test for a hard-cap?)
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-07 09:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I see people trying pups now. Since you can't "death" an Auto, no idea if that works or not.
By SimonSes 2018-08-07 09:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Nice items. Extra WSD Ring! SAMs or people focused on x-hit will probably find this annoying, THFs and Savage Bladers will probably want this right away.

Really liking the new Cursna gear. If 100% Cursna wasn’t possible before, it most certainly should be now (either that or we can now test for a hard-cap?)

I don't think that SAMs are that focused on xhit builds those days. With so much multihit and zanhasso you very rarely hits just above 1000TP. Usually its a giant tp overflow.
By Justuas 2018-08-07 09:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The issue wherein the Apex Ironclad in Outer Ra’Kaznar would take unintended actions.
YouTube Video Placeholder

lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-07 10:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Everybody shoots down the WSD ring on the first day of the update, but check back the guides in about a week and will be BIS in every 1/2-hit WS set. 10 STP loss? Man, with all of the combinations of gear that is available to us, and Samura's Roll, That might be worth the loss if you actually need the WSD and aren't losing something else of importance. I don't think swapping Niqmaddu/Regal Ring would be smart, but in the case where a job can't use those rings, it looks like a pretty good choice.
[+]
By geigei 2018-08-07 10:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

People will *** about anything these days.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-07 10:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

On a separate note Kyrene's Earring looks like a cool addition to the Pet Family accessories. Odd that it's a pet-earring and includes "All Jobs" though. Usually, they've been limiting pet-exclusive items to only the 4 pet jobs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-08-07 10:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Got the new Cursna ring from AMAN trove. I wonder how bad the -10 FC is...
By SeekerStar 2018-08-07 10:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Everybody shoots down the WSD ring on the first day of the update, but check back the guides in about a week and will be BIS in every 1/2-hit WS set. 10 STP loss? Man, with all of the combinations of gear that is available to us, and Samura's Roll, That might be worth the loss if you actually need the WSD and aren't losing something else of importance. I don't think swapping Niqmaddu/Regal Ring would be smart, but in the case where a job can't use those rings, it looks like a pretty good choice.

I want one myself, even for my Not-A-DD.
By Chyula 2018-08-07 10:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet its like that old all in one elemental staff
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-07 10:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

SeekerStar said: »

I would imagine it's even better for mage jobs that can't get those neat WSD augments and can't wear the cool Omen Rings.
[+]
By SeekerStar 2018-08-07 10:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

SeekerStar said: »

I would imagine it's even better for mage jobs that can't get those neat WSD augments and can't wear the cool Omen Rings.

That's pretty spot- on, because I have Haverton, not WSD ring.
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-08-07 11:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inx said: »
Seems to me that there are 3 wooden chest messages or so; important ones being the thud and thud!!! ones that indicate its added a an accessory or body (!!!) item to loot pool.

'Lots of spoils' message seems to give 2 maybe 3 lesser items; the new stone sacks, VW mats, HTBC pieces.

All tests were done at Horlais' BC.

tl;dr: Go til/if you get a thud message then bail if solo.

Assuming you meant the thud!!! meant loud thud, I just got an annointed kalasiris from a loud thud chest. I did get a loud thud on another character, but I got Chironic Gloves as a drop, so bodies aren't guaranteed.
By Afania 2018-08-07 12:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It replaces Karieyh +1 on COR for savage blade.....back to Haverton +1 I guess. Thanks SE for making us do all the soa quests.....
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-08-07 12:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of player goes in to a new battlefield without Reraise? That's what I get from this update. How many types of RR do we have in this game? I see it way too often, Ambuscade .. Omen .. Dyna .. now AMAN, there's always someone important (like a whm) who thinks:

"Hmm yeah, will I need to cast Reraise on myself today?? Nah. I'm too lazy for that. Let's just go up against this deadly new mimic with no RR!! Someone else will raise me .."

Seriously? I'm glad SE introduced this mimic to get people to wake up and stop relying on others to raise them.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-07 13:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
What kind of player goes in to a new battlefield without Reraise? That's what I get from this update. How many types of RR do we have in this game? I see it way too often, Ambuscade .. Omen .. Dyna .. now AMAN, there's always someone important (like a whm) who thinks:

"Hmm yeah, will I need to cast Reraise on myself today?? Nah. I'm too lazy for that. Let's just go up against this deadly new mimic with no RR!! Someone else will raise me .."

Seriously? I'm glad SE introduced this mimic to get people to wake up and stop relying on others to raise them.
This whole post reeks of 'better-than-thou'. The truth is, reraise is more often than ever a negative in a strong group. If you are needed whilst weakened, you wait 10 seconds for reraise to pop up instead of 2.4 for a WHM to cast raise. If you are not needed whilst weakened, defaulting to a 5 minute weakness is even worse.

Sure, if no WHM is present and you are on a melee, it may be a good choice. But, it's far from the situation you describe where only a bad player would not have reraise up. I personally choose to cancel it after Arise quite frequently for the previously described reasons.

(It's also not a new mechanic, Odin uses the same sort of move in Black and White.)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-08-07 13:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't there something from one of the master trials that works this way?
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
So WHM just confirmed that the Cathwack removed her reraise. And so I pose this theory: What if you don't get one shot if you have reraise? Everyone sub WHM? I'm about to do Omen so I'm not testing it.

Isn't there something from one of the master trials that works this way?

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
(It's also not a new mechanic, Odin uses the same sort of move in Black and White.)

Then I read yours after posting from a few pages back. I knew I recalled this.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8