Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-08-07 03:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
If there's no way to defeat or otherwise deal with the mimic, and you can only do this event up to 4 times per month,

I would literally call this the worst event SE has ever put in this game

Multibox says <hello!> Gonna be a looooot of people pling level 1 mules to 99 for more AMANs. lol.

and Infailsion and Divergance are still the worst. By far.

Great. another weekly chore to feel obligated to do on every active account because the 1% chance at an amazing item! Gil

at least you can PLAY divergence
at least you can PLAY incursion
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-08-07 03:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
So went into the AMAN grove fight and got the mimic, it opened with Cathwack which KO'd 4/6 of our group. The BRD was able to sleep it. We got up and recovered with the COR light shotting it to keep it asleep. It'll cast Death and -ga 3 spells.

Indi-paralysis seemed to do nothing to it, but regular paralyze worked. Light shot was interrupting his casting every time, but we lost our tank when light shot was resisted.

It had pretty high HP, but we eventually got it down to 74%, when it used Cathwack again and again 4/6 of the party died. Somehow the WHM was without RR so we just HP'd it. My guess is it will use Cathwack every 25% and maybe again at 10% like Omen mobs. Rudra's was hitting decently hard (45-50k stacked with chaos+frailty+minuets) but Leaden was being resisted heavily, possibly a MACC issue though.

Might be time to invest in death resistance gear, or something.

How did you sleep it when it uses Kathwack as soon as it pops? Does it have a small enough radius that you can just run away? Or do you just have people stand far enough away?

For whatever reason only 4/6 of the group died each Cathwack. Don't know what saved them, but the BRD and WHM didn't die so it's possible to MEVA it? Or maybe it only kills 4 people regardless. Same thing appeared to happen at 75% when it used it again, only 4 people died.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-08-07 03:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So went into the AMAN grove fight and got the mimic, it opened with Cathwack which KO'd 4/6 of our group. The BRD was able to sleep it. We got up and recovered with the COR light shotting it to keep it asleep. It'll cast Death and -ga 3 spells.

Indi-paralysis seemed to do nothing to it, but regular paralyze worked. Light shot was interrupting his casting every time, but we lost our tank when light shot was resisted.

It had pretty high HP, but we eventually got it down to 74%, when it used Cathwack again and again 4/6 of the party died. Somehow the WHM was without RR so we just HP'd it. My guess is it will use Cathwack every 25% and maybe again at 10% like Omen mobs. Rudra's was hitting decently hard (45-50k stacked with chaos+frailty+minuets) but Leaden was being resisted heavily, possibly a MACC issue though.

How did you sleep it when it uses Kathwack as soon as it pops? Does it have a small enough radius that you can just run away? Or do you just have people stand far enough away?

For whatever reason only 4/6 of the group died each Cathwack. Don't know what saved them, but the BRD and WHM didn't die so it's possible to MEVA it? Or maybe it only kills 4 people regardless. Same thing appeared to happen at 75% when it used it again, only 4 people died.

Was it the same 4 people? If not, do you think anything changed the outcome?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-08-07 03:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Was it the same 4 people? If not, do you think anything changed the outcome?

BRD didn't die first time, BRD did die second time. WHM died neither time. PLD survived 2nd time, and said he was using the Warden's Ring, so maybe WHM MEVA'd it and PLD death resisted it?
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-08-07 03:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

AMAN meta: Party full of WHM/SMN/BRD full-timing Inyanga gear I guess
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-08-07 03:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

AMAN meta: Party full of WHM/SMN/BRD full-timing Inyanga gear I guess

SMN method may be best, thinking about it. It regularly casts death and if all you need to do is recast Ramuh that's surely easier than raising someone every 15s...if MEVA can survive the Cathwack that's probably the best strat I can see.

Mimic wasn't hitting terribly hard, 200ish a swing on the BRD from what I saw, obviously less on the tank. So pets could maybe tank it just fine and cycle through deaths.
By monkey33333333 2018-08-07 03:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

the new "Master Fight" is rly not that bad a non mythic RUN can tank np Max she hit me for is 200 but most of the time she hits me for 60-90, she cast haste II at start (makes her swing rly rly fast idk if it can be dispel or not) but for the most part she is rly not that hard at all and one of her WS do dispel but did not get the name. should be a eazy win. (BRD GEO COR DD WHM TANK) will most likely be your best bet if you want a fast win. Hope this helps ^^
 Shiva.Ariaum
Server: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2018-08-07 04:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 .dat swap minics

(I really don't know if it's a separate .dat lol)
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-08-07 04:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So WHM just confirmed that the Cathwack removed her reraise. And so I pose this theory: What if you don't get one shot if you have reraise? Everyone sub WHM? I'm about to do Omen so I'm not testing it.
By kishr 2018-08-07 04:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Are hex ID's constant each entry?

Then just remember mimic hex ID and avoid that box.
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-08-07 04:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Can trusts be summoned in the new Iroha fight or in the new orb BCNMs? Is the mimic stunnable?
By Aerix 2018-08-07 04:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

monkey33333333 said: »
the new "Master Fight" is rly not that bad a non mythic RUN can tank np Max she hit me for is 200 but most of the time she hits me for 60-90, she cast haste II at start (makes her swing rly rly fast idk if it can be dispel or not) but for the most part she is rly not that hard at all and one of her WS do dispel but did not get the name. should be a eazy win. (BRD GEO COR DD WHM TANK) will most likely be your best bet if you want a fast win. Hope this helps ^^

Did you do the Easy or the Hard version?
By monkey33333333 2018-08-07 04:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

the orb BCNM Trust-yes
the battlefeild fight Iroha Trust-yes
Master fight Iroha Trust-no
By monkey33333333 2018-08-07 04:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

did both easy is just 119 solo in 4-5mins np
Hard has a lot of HP I am thinking about 139-140 orso
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-08-07 04:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you get the mimic on hard or easy? If so, how did you deal with it? Guessing a lot of RR seems necessary to counter the deathga spam.
By monkey33333333 2018-08-07 04:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kiyarasubrosa said: »

Did you get the mimic on hard or easy? If so, how did you deal with it? Guessing a lot of RR seems necessary to counter the deathga spam.
idk how you deal with the mimic but what i was talking about was the Iroha fight
[+]
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-08-07 04:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

My apologies thought you meant both the BCNM and Iroha fight.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2018-08-07 05:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If there's no way to defeat or otherwise deal with the mimic, and you can only do this event up to 4 times per month,

Basically free stuff if you're not greedy and lots of capacity and sparks from the objectives. I mean, you don't HAVE to do the event if you don't want to. Not seeing how this is the worst event unless you believe death is beneath you in game.
By Atticusu 2018-08-07 05:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems that RR does prevent instant KO from Ka-thwack, and changes it to a Throat Stab type move

Edit: RR also went away after Ka-thwack
By SagaK 2018-08-07 05:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow they seriously gave it Kathwack? It's not an FF thing but it's definitely an SE thing.

https://dragon-quest.org/wiki/Kathwack

Working as intended. Even moreso than in its series of origin.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-08-07 05:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Atticusu said: »
Seems that RR does prevent instant KO from Ka-thwack, and changes it to a Throat Stab type move

Edit: RR also went away after Ka-thwack

Neat. Now does Hymnus work for this?
By Tosic 2018-08-07 05:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Did venus orb, opened 1 brown then gold and got 5mil gil, plovid effluvium and ormolu ingot
[+]
By kishr 2018-08-07 05:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Noone Checked hex ID's yet?

I'll make ID memo's when I get home.
By SeekerStar 2018-08-07 05:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Re: Ka-Thwack : a really frigging old instakill spell from DQ. As was normal for the times, it had a .01% chance of working if you cast it (bosses dead immune) and about 75% chance if a Mimic cast it. Fun times, SE, now gimme my baby demon mount.

It's a TP move, not a spell, so perhaps Mewing Lullaby or let a pet/luopan eat it? How mobile is it? Bind? Grav? If light shot landed sleep easily I'm willing to bet the damn thing resists dark element.... yeah that's no fun. I'd imagine silence, addle1/2, and other debuffs will help. Also, Hymnus/Scherzo. Course that leaves you with a probable 2 songs, but it's better than dying....Lullaby being a potential "stun" of a sort. Your tank can also die, get Arise, rinse and repeat too. RR checks at the door, curio sells meds!

Re: Iroha- ...ofc the easy one that I can take one of my shopping 2 mastered jobs gives me a polearm. FML

WSD ring- gimme!

Ambuscade- it had better not be fking soulflayers that is some ***...guess I'm paladin this month x.x

Edits- autocorrect sucks
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-08-07 06:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

just tried BCNM and first chest was mimic. Had RR up and the the aoe dispelled it. So RR doesn't work to save yourself from death. Really stupid BCNM.
By SeekerStar 2018-08-07 06:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

There's got to be a gimmick to it, even a ridiculously narrow one like Erinyes...

Lol, brb checking DQ guides
By SeekerStar 2018-08-07 06:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

Basically free stuff if you're not greedy and lots of capacity and sparks from the objectives. I mean, you don't HAVE to do the event if you don't want to. Not seeing how this is the worst event unless you believe death is beneath you in game.

I die to way too much to get mad unless it's a stupid death. That said, an instant kill move with very few ways around it can edge into bullshitland.
By Justuas 2018-08-07 06:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
Noone Checked hex ID's yet?

I'll make ID memo's when I get home.
Dam son you're already so keen on cheating.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-08-07 06:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Iroha Easy - Duoed between Empy war and Epeo Run.
Iroha Hard - Idris Geo, Brd, Cor, Empy War, Whm, Epeo Run. - Killed us in 2 mins lol. Had huge -dt.

Anyone know how to do iroha hard? lol

Edit* - You can only attempt the HQ fight if you win at the NQ one. JP master is NOT required for either fight.

NQ is - Bow.
HQ is - Polearm.
By SeekerStar 2018-08-07 06:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
Iroha Easy - Duoed between Empy war and Epeo Run.
Iroha Hard - Idris Geo, Brd, Cor, Empy War, Whm, Epeo Run. - Killed us in 2 mins lol. Had huge -dt.

Anyone know how to do iroha hard? lol

FINALLY RDM X6 PARTY MY DREAMS ARE ALIVE

...***my DRG is level 50something this sucks
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8