Dynamis (D) Wave 3
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-07-08 16:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fire Shot [unresisted and without buffs] deals double DMG on everything after you destroy Fire Circle during wave 3.

In normal situations Fire Shot deals 3.7k-4.2k to fodders outside Dynamis, on wave 3 however it was doing 8k on avg after Circle was out.

If this holds true to all other elements after each respective circle is destroyed... then maybe a path can be made for each zone based on affinity to darkness or light groups to unlock DMG and by association weakening Disjoined Bosses.

It’s also worth noting that radiance sc did between 65k-99k on adds after light group circles were out.
By Foxfire 2018-07-08 16:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Takutu said: »
Foxfire said: »
Sylph.Takutu said: »
Foxfire said: »
synonym names also have the new weapons, so you'll know

also; @whoever has all 4 megabosses killed, can you confirm if you can purchase offerings from aurix, and from which menu? thx

edit:
screenshot confirmation would be cool, too

I have cleared the wave two boss in all four zones and do not have the option to buy offerings with medals. I have made a list of everything and put a number of screenshots into an imgur album.

List:

Screenshots (they didn't get uploaded in correct order but too lazy to rearrange):
https://imgur.com/a/H4qVLj4
You're missing the jeuno list there, and
did you check the "all zones" section, as well?

Updated the original post and album to include Jeuno/all zones. My bad.
Thanks for the confirm; I guess offerings are drops only? Maybe we need to clear the big bad to see it on the list? idk.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-08 17:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Were you looking at the boss's hp when it did Benediction, or just the log? Bene has a display cap of 99999, but it still heals far more than that when a mob with a lot of hp uses it.

The boss's HP bar, it didn't even heal it for 1%
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-08 17:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

well we're organizing now, we have 16 humans this time instead of 14 and 4 alts, hopeful that we find out some more about Disjoined Galka.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2018-07-08 19:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone give piko Ballads thx
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-08 20:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-08 20:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ballzack is gonna post the vid soon, I'll post the setup/Buffs here, but they are all probably in the vid, happy hunting :D
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2018-07-08 20:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Only won because Piko got ballads. I take all the credit.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-08 20:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

Good work y'all!

[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-08 20:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Drops/unlocks?
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-08 20:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Only won because Piko got ballads. I take all the credit.

^
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-08 20:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Drops/unlocks?

Title, bunch of personal pool medal ***. Only dropped cards for us. As for unlocks we haven't seen anything different than what we already had. Going to go check though.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-08 20:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, was nothing new in the dats but for a fight that long that's a bit disappointing. I was hoping it'd drop a 10k piece or a full volte set or something dynamis related but significant. Maybe they'll ninja in some new drops for it next month.

Congratulations on the win, regardless!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-08 20:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Welp, was nothing new in the dats but for a fight that long that's a bit disappointing. I was hoping it'd drop a 10k piece or a full volte set or something dynamis related but significant. Maybe they'll ninja in some new drops for it next month.

Congratulations on the win, regardless!

Agreed, and thanks! I figured we'd at least see some volte drops from the volte mobs and/or the boss, but apparently that would make too much sense.
[+]
 Bahamut.Xiutaru
user: etherue
By Bahamut.Xiutaru 2018-07-08 20:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Title given is: Dynamis-Bastok [D] Dominator
Another screenshot :D
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-07-09 01:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »
At this point, I can comfortably say you need an alliance to tackle the mega boss with the goal of killing it. Anything short of that will time out.

I wouldn't say that. It's a very simple and basic fight with really very little risk of deaths as long as you're prepared with RR/DT sets/shadows. We got it to 30% in 25minutes using only 4 DD with lots of room for optimization(and using only weapons that match zone type). I did 4M damage in 25 minutes on SAM/DRG; if you assume 3 other DDs can match that, that's 16 of the 20M needed to kill. Increase the time to 35-40 minutes and I'd say 4 top tier DDs can kill it fairly comfortably.

Though, I guess that means skipping fetters which might impact how the Boss reacts. Are the people that saw back to back Zantetsuken skipping lots of fetters?
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-07-09 03:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Xiutaru said: »
Keep looking at this! Ravael(GEO) is dding! Great job guys and Congratulations! :D
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-07-09 05:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Keep looking at this! Ravael(GEO) is dding! Great job guys and Congratulations! :D
Freakin' nerds.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Alihasan
user: edrakali
By Ragnarok.Alihasan 2018-07-09 05:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

Good work y'all!

Afania is totally blocked by that galka, lol.
[+]
By Afania 2018-07-09 08:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Alihasan said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

Good work y'all!

Afania is totally blocked by that galka, lol.

camera shy :O
[+]
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2018-07-09 08:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you guys kill all fetters? or just one main element (x4 of light or darkness) group?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-09 09:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cziella said: »
Did you guys kill all fetters? or just one main element (x4 of light or darkness) group?

We killed all of the fetters. If I remember correctly, that left us with 35-40 minutes for the boss fight.
 Bahamut.Xiutaru
user: etherue
By Bahamut.Xiutaru 2018-07-09 10:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bz's video is up & Lex is at work without computer access. He'll add anything I missed later, if needed.
YouTube Video Placeholder

Party setup was:
(1) WAR / DRK / WHM / GEO / COR / BRD
(2) RUN / WHM / GEO / GEO / COR / BRD
(3) RUN / DRK / WHM / GEO / COR / BRD
— CORs in (1) and (3) did hunters/fighters, then hopped before fight, going sam/chaos. They never hopped again, sticking with sam/chaos the rest of the way.
— COR in (2) was just sam/chaos; no hopping.
— GEO in (1) and (3) did fury/barrier/entrustSTR
— GEOs in (2) did frailty/vex/wilt/torpor/entrustFury
— BRDs in (1) and (3) did minuet II-V/madrigal/minne IV-V/scherzo/STRetude/honor under SV/CC. Hopped before fight, and once more in the beginning of the fight. I had a brainfart, so each BRD's batch of songs for the second party only had SV songs without nitro since it wore. Victory replaced minuet when SV wore. No more hopping, so songs ended up being madrigal/minuetV/victory/honor towards the end.
— BRD in (2) did victory/honor/madrigalx2 it seems; no hopping.

Few observations:
• Galka things (from Mischief (Dimitriaz))
— he started using raging/smash/gale axe
— 10 mins into combat started using spinning/rampage/calamity (rampage and calamity hurt a lot)
— 20 mins into combat started using mistral/decimation/bora which hit like wet noodles
— 30 mins in he starts using onslaught, primal rend, ruinator, cloudsplitter, and nimbuscleaver (nimbuscleaver = AoE cloudsplitter)
• Adds were random in regards to the job; the other day, the 79% pops were DRK WHM THF SCH. For this fight, we saw:
— 79% RDM DRK BRD THF; Galka did PD
— 59% GEO PLD COR RNG; Galka did Invincible
— 39% WHM BLU WAR MNK; Galka did MS (this set hurt us; Dimi took a combo to the face then each DD went down one by one)
— 19% SCH PUP DNC SAM; not sure what Galka did
— Seems we only saw Odin once, at 37%
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-09 12:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats guys. I like seeing this stuff.

I am very disappointed in that personal pool drop though...Why couldn't they have just showered you with 1 drop for every person, with a small chance at getting a Volt item or Shard/Void piece? For the task at hand and the farm time skipped necessary in getting this clear, you'd think the reward would be more accommodating. SMH

Did anyone get anything unique from this, besides old card/medals?
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-07-09 12:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I am very disappointed in that personal pool drop though...Why couldn't they have just showered you with 1 drop for every person, with a small chance at getting a Volt item or Shard/Void piece? For the task at hand and the farm time skipped necessary in getting this clear, you'd think the reward would be more accommodating. SMH

The real reward is getting points to upgrade/augment RMEA in September. I wouldn't be shocked if the RP system is something like 1 point per 1M damage done with the correct weapon type and you need 100 points to fully upgrade a weap.

With that said, I really really hope there's a bonus, like a point multiplier, for killing the boss to incentivize people to keep pushing their limits, esp when we have to use, in lots of cases, inferior weapons to get points.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-07-09 12:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

— Seems we only saw Odin once, at 37%

This is very interesting. Perhaps we can confirm that the number of times you see Odin is tied to # of fetters you leave up.

It seems you only saw it once in your 1st attempt also, so killing all fetters = only 1 Odin. Leaving all fetters up = back to back double Odin?

We killed 5 or 6 fetters and only saw 2 Odins by 30%.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2018-07-09 13:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »

The real reward is getting points to upgrade/augment RMEA in September. I wouldn't be shocked if the RP system is something like 1 point per 1M damage done with the correct weapon type and you need 100 points to fully upgrade a weap.

With that said, I really really hope there's a bonus, like a point multiplier, for killing the boss to incentivize people to keep pushing their limits, esp when we have to use, in lots of cases, inferior weapons to get points.

Does anyone know if you are only earning RP points if you have the zone’s specific RMEA equipped? Or if the whole pt/alliance earns RP based on total damage dealt, and then using the correct zone specific RMEA acts as a multiplier to RP gained?
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-09 13:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither; you only get points if damage is done to the NMs with the correct weapon, but those points are given to the whole alliance, even people that don't have the right weapon equipped.
[+]
By Staleyx 2018-07-09 14:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

We hope we are getting points. Still invisible system which doesnt make sense.
By olson2189 2018-07-09 14:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »

Does anyone know if you are only earning RP points if you have the zone’s specific RMEA equipped? Or if the whole pt/alliance earns RP based on total damage dealt, and then using the correct zone specific RMEA acts as a multiplier to RP gained?

I don't think we know that detail at this point. In fact, the only details they have shared with us have been re-tracted. They basically said ignore them, and that the details are coming. Please look forward to it.

Even based on what they intially said, I don't think it was clear whether you get points just from the group bosses, or if you also get points from the megaboss.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14