it's interesting that two zone bosses offhand the same weapon, at least

wonder what that's about
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-05 22:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just for fun, I attacked the Sandy zone boss with no ilvl gear on.

He proceeded to cast Haste II, then gave me a Fast Blade in the face for 25820 damage. First hit only, of course.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-05 22:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Jukiro, it popped every time. I just took it away from the alliance and held it solo, it did not seem to have hate reset. He was annoying, would smash axe or cast stun every time i tried to cast a spell.. Aurix seemed to pop with a 50% rate along with the galka(he popped 4 times) We killed him, dropped medals per usual.

Oh we didn't do any sac pulls, we killed all the mobs associated with each circle. (if pulled carefully u can deal with 4 at a time) One always seemed to be stronger than the others. A 'group' Boss i'm guessing.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-07-05 23:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
When u fight the earth circle, for example, do not use any Weapon skills that have scission/gravitation/darkness properties, and it will NOT do heavy AoEs. I think it did NOT do ANY aoes
It seems they don't AoE at all if their target is out of range but I'm not sure, if someone can confirm.
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2018-07-05 23:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Dealing elemental damage of any kind to the Fire Circle caused it to use the AoE ability for us. We took a BLM set up and this was a bummer. I'm not quite sure if these elements are correct because I didn't see them all, and I don't recall a ls mate saying where thunder was.

Edit: The Earth circle was @J-6 roughly.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-05 23:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
It seems they don't AoE at all if their target is out of range but I'm not sure, if someone can confirm.

Not sure on that, (I did not have hate on the circles at all but was at a distance from them holding the Galka thing...would flash the circle and take off). Mischief says he does not remember, but pretty much everyone else was on top of them but myself.

The skillchain property thing was a guess, because we went with heavy Resolution/Savage Blade DDs. When we encountered the wind circle, and it was wrecking us with AoE. So that's how that came about. "It sure feels like it works" judging from what went down with subsequent circles.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-07-06 00:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if overall goal should be to flat out kill it, but to do as much damage with ultimate weapons that match the boss weapon type. So Raetic +1 WAR, Savage Blade COR and all that jazz is worthless for these fights for all intents and purposes until we know more. Time for everyone to upgrade their Manequinn's relic/empy/mythic to AG for these fights.

Does the Disjoined NM have massive DT with 0 fetters killed? We killed 5 or 6 fetters and boss seemed to be taking about as much damage as the Volte NMs or Quadav boss. Managed to do 3M damage in 10 minutes with COR SAM and WAR as DDs, which took it down to 84%, so can confirm it has 20M~ HP, but that's with gimp weapons like Koga to get points.
[+]
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2018-07-06 01:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fade from idris geo took down the aoe spam from fetters to only like 60-75 dmg per, from the regular 250-300 it was doing on my geo mule on idle set, shell 5, no bar cuz I was busy on main in another pt. It also helped a lot for the Disjointed Mithra's Dreadspikes, since our decked out BRD couldn't land finale, and even Atomos (never seen it miss, ever) misses now, anyway w/o fade, I had to turn away for heals considering I was fully buffed, with fade on, I could keep auto attacking and was not a problem for our whm.

We took down Mithra to 75% or so in like 20mins with 2.5 DD, We saw Odin twice, and the x4 add spawn, Odin was weird, it kept killing half of our alliance, at 1st we thought it was cone, but 2nd time some mules were standing in line behind the mithra, and still half of the alliance was KO'ed.
By Afania 2018-07-06 01:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cziella said: »
We took down Mithra to 75% or so in like 20mins with 2.5 DD, We saw Odin twice, and the x4 add spawn, Odin was weird, it kept killing half of our alliance, at 1st we thought it was cone, but 2nd time some mules were standing in line behind the mithra, and still half of the alliance was KO'ed.

This odin move is basically new version of RR walk of shame.... Whoever got KO due to the lack of rr has to dance in town naked after run.
By Staleyx 2018-07-06 01:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

How are these points stored? Does it just come up in chatlog or can the goblin in rulude tell you?
 Asura.Warusha
By Asura.Warusha 2018-07-06 01:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Staleyx said: »
How are these points stored? Does it just come up in chatlog or can the goblin in rulude tell you?

I think they're invisible for now. We have no idea how many we need or how we're earning them (character vs job presently on) until Sep.
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-07-06 01:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »

- Mob groups spawn surrounding an Elemental Circle. We were not able to sleep or enfeeble them.

Able to land with a loooooot of difficulty, no immune, just a lot of resist. (as RDM)

Same for the ??? phatom one during elemental killing, gravity was a pain to land but since gravity an easy kite during elemental phase.
[+]
By Staleyx 2018-07-06 02:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I think they're invisible for now. We have no idea how many we need or how we're earning them (character vs job presently on) until Sep.

So we could be earning nothing and are going just by a rough translation?
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-07-06 05:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Warusha said: »
Dealing elemental damage of any kind to the Fire Circle caused it to use the AoE ability for us. We took a BLM set up and this was a bummer. I'm not quite sure if these elements are correct because I didn't see them all, and I don't recall a ls mate saying where thunder was.

Edit: The Earth circle was @J-6 roughly.
its thunder @ alchemy and you miss Light @ zehrun mines zone
[+]
By Sammeh 2018-07-06 06:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
This was the Jeuno Mithra.

Seems to spawn 4 jobs at every 20% (to summon one of every job in it's 100%?)

Got Shin Zantetsuken'd at 75% and that was the end for us. Pretty low evasion and magic evasion. Started with dread spikes.

Was too late to do this on youtube last night; from a Bard perspective. Sorry I didn't have audio being recorded.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Foxfire 2018-07-06 07:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »

Not sure if overall goal should be to flat out kill it, but to do as much damage with ultimate weapons that match the boss weapon type. So Raetic +1 WAR, Savage Blade COR and all that jazz is worthless for these fights for all intents and purposes until we know more. Time for everyone to upgrade their Manequinn's relic/empy/mythic to AG for these fights.

Does the Disjoined NM have massive DT with 0 fetters killed? We killed 5 or 6 fetters and boss seemed to be taking about as much damage as the Volte NMs or Quadav boss. Managed to do 3M damage in 10 minutes with COR SAM and WAR as DDs, which took it down to 84%, so can confirm it has 20M~ HP, but that's with gimp weapons like Koga to get points.
FWIW, Funk's info is from Nyarlko's translation found here.
By Felgarr 2018-07-06 08:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm providing another map of Bastok Mines in Dynamis (D) Wave 3, because the elements of 2 of the 5 Circles we observed, appear to be different from Warusha's image.

Red - Fire
Light Blue - Ice
Green - Air
Blue - Water
Purple - Thunder

By Staleyx 2018-07-06 08:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just seems strange they would implement a invisible system, but most of us have nothing left to do so whatever lol.
By Nyarlko 2018-07-06 08:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

They said that everyone in the group earns the points. How else would you expect healers/mages to get any points? Do you really think they'd expect a SCH to be meleeing with a staff on things that require ~1700acc? XD

My personal best guess right now would be that whacking the bosses with the "correct" weapons increases the rate of RP earned somehow, but you earn the points even if you don't have a DREAM weapon equipped. Or maybe some sort of damage bonus, since points earned are determined by that somehow.. Haven't any reports of the second option being likely yet.

NOTE: Fujito just posted something on JPside that seems like they're backtracking a bit because they said too much during FP40, and details may still change. He also says that he would like to add alternative routes to upgrade them (besides Wave3 in other words,) and that the FP40 summary to be published next week will have things spelled out better to stop the confusion.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-06 08:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Maybe all waves should give points but wave 2 mobs give twice as much and wave 3 give 4x as much.

Would prefer an alternative that didn't involved failnamis at all, tbh.

It's a little (insert buzzword here) to make relic empyrean mythic and aeonic upgrade all come from the same/single source.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-06 10:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Was it just us, or were the Wave 2 mobs buffed this update to coincide with the higher content level? Wave 2 NMs were doing 500 per hit with 50% pdt, and Halphas was doing 500 with 75% pdt and bolstered Wilt and Minnes.

I might just be misremembering Halphas, as it's been a while, but I definitely don't remember the NMs hitting that hard.
 Asura.Warusha
By Asura.Warusha 2018-07-06 10:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Was it just us, or were the Wave 2 mobs buffed this update to coincide with the higher content level? Wave 2 NMs were doing 500 per hit with 50% pdt, and Halphas was doing 500 with 75% pdt and bolstered Wilt and Minnes.

I might just be misremembering Halphas, as it's been a while, but I definitely don't remember the NMs hitting that hard.

Personally I did not notice an increase in Bastok.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-06 10:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Did Wave3 jueno, was able to close darkness with leaden upwards of 30-40k leaden 30-40k darkness. Seemed to take that damage when the mobs were doing WS maybe? other wise was doing 3-4k WS + 3-4k darkness.

Had to put massive accuracy buffs up 2x madrigal/hunters/torpor/precision as others have mentioned. one of the boss type mobs of wave 3 dropped a 100 medal

The mobs seem to be 3 NQ volte and 1 HQ(boss) on the pulls
Regular mob (1 sc would kill it):
[Toralin] 42417 Leaden Salute ¨ Volte Dancer
Darkness: 42762 ¨ Volte Dancer
Toralin defeats Volte Dancer.
Boss mob: (1 sc unresiste dmg would do about 9-11%)
[Toralin] Leaden Salute ¨ Volte Joiner
[Toralin] 37133 Leaden Salute ¨ Volte Joiner
Darkness: 37478 ¨ Volte Joiner
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-07-06 10:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing changed in Jeuno Boss either.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-07-06 10:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Did Wave3 jueno, was able to close darkness with leaden upwards of 30-40k leaden 30-40k darkness. Seemed to take that damage when the mobs were doing WS maybe? other wise was doing 3-4k WS + 3-4k darkness.

Had to put massive accuracy buffs up 2x madrigal/hunters/torpor/precision as others have mentioned. one of the boss type mobs of wave 3 dropped a 100 medal

From our observation in Jeuno, it seems there is a lock mechanism to weakness for the entire zone.

We cleared Fire>Thunder>Wind>Light circles and did few tests on magical DMG using COR Cards.

After Fire Circle was out> all the adds including NMs [The ones with divergence weapons] were taking extremely low DMG from all elements except Fire Shot and It wasn’t even resisted [COR had zero magic buffs] which made us think that this mechanism operates more like shields and not stats change.

Then after Thunder Circle was down third circle adds started to take normal DMG from Thunder Shot and so on.
The associated ws\sc also did normal DMG without resisting.

Worth mentioning that each circle has two NMs wearing Divergence Weapons and two groups of adds [one directly related to the Job of one of the NMs] and the other is a mixed party.

We believe that the moment you unlock weakness DMG goes back to normal but more testing is needed, we only tried light affinity route since we had SAMs in DD party and thought we should be following the weakness paradigm in Dynamis statues [Green,Blue]

We cleared circles by using a sack/tractor members outside alliance and PLD was holding [Mithra ???] away from each circle.
[+]
By Afania 2018-07-06 13:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »

Im guessing its resist. These mobs level is very high if you need 1700 melee acc to hit, thats T4 level of acc requirement. So you probably need equal amount of macc to land leaden.

Since geo nerf it has been very hard to buff macc for T4 content. Fat chance is that unless you have idris doing both macc bubbles, frazzle3, warlocks roll and macc food you may not reach that level anymore.

The 30k ones are unresisted leaden, the 3k one are resisted is how I see it.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-06 13:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Going from ~30k straight to ~3k means that you get no resist some of the time, and 1/8 the other times, with nothing in between. I doubt that it's resist related.

I also saw the same behavior on the NMs for physical damage (WSs varying between like 2k and ten times that due to an unknown factor).
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14