New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Antican Ambuscade V1
Antican Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12
By fonewear 2018-06-07 21:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to tell you that they will unlock the thread but that would set up precedent for people petitioning them to unlock other threads.

Also how many pages will this go before a mod post

Over under 9 pages !
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-07 21:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda defeats the purpose. No point "rediscovering" everything. Just open the old thread, change the name, and clean it up.

I know that's asking a lot.

Or even a single thread, a single post, like a guide, that has all the relevant info for each one, since no new ones will ever be made.

(bg needs to do the same thing) change the structure to support the new paradigm.
By fonewear 2018-06-07 21:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Kinda defeats the purpose. No point "rediscovering" everything. Just open the old thread, change the name, and clean it up.

I know that's asking a lot.

This is why they shouldn't repeat Ambu did they not foresee the problems it would cause on FFXIAH !
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Server: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2018-06-07 21:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

COR 3rdBLM 2ndSCH it really didn't matter, it was crazy easy.

Don't even use the GEO for the Cactus. Just Fusion, nuke nuke nuke dead.

Only good way to get KI Proto-Attuner to QSC

ah thanks , the proto-attuner is pretty good, i been doing vw warp lol
By fonewear 2018-06-07 21:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is the greatest Ambu thread of all time and should be preserved so future generations can enjoy it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-07 21:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You edit as often as I do. lol. I saw that.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-07 21:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You edit as often as I do. lol. I saw that.

I mean I never edit.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-07 21:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like I"m talking to myself...

There was something really nice here before I edited it...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Boshi 2018-06-08 01:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If there's a congestion issue more ppl going in solo isn't going to help
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-08 01:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So, how about we post more reports from this month's fights?
Setups that have been used successfully? Changes to the old strat considered stuff has 3x as much HP now?

Only report I've seen so far is about the BLM strategy, which honestly doesn't seem worth it anymore.

DRG burn with Leg Sweep?

SMN burn with Astral Conduit? How would you go with that? One SMN spamming Shock Squall, 2 or 3 spamming Flaming Crush?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-08 02:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just flaming crush the ***out of the boss, standard everything applies. Kill whatever adds happen to pop after. Tank has no issue holding/aggroing anything subbing blu. No real strat involved.

BLM still works exactly the same, nuke the cactus, nuke the boss. tank has no issue holding a billion adds. no strat involved again.

Melee is the tricky one, still tank/blu, standard melee buffs, wilt, barstone, bring echo drops, kill boss, kill adds. again no real strat involved.

Pet strat kills cactus and then bores boss to death while they screw around wasting 30 minutes.

Ranged, absolutely no strat here, shoot ***. win.

I wish there was more to it than that. But that's the long and short of it.

Figure out a way to stop adds if at all possible would be the only thing worth figuring out. And I think that happens when you kill cactus.
By Wotasu 2018-06-08 05:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sand Rush is the main problem when having Melee setup, random 1000-3000+ AoE dmg on almost all but Tank. Which means must have some mechanic to lock that dmg.

Went in on Normal today with Whm Geo Cor DDx2 Pld killed Cactus within 1-3 adds spawn, and start killing NM. All goes well until the random Sand Rush wipes all in range but Tank.
Pld proceds to hold NM until weakness wears and then NM does Sand Rush. RR and repeat, and on and on until it's dead. Sometimes lucky with low dmg Sand Rush.
 Odin.Kataaro
Server: Odin
user: runelore
By Odin.Kataaro 2018-06-08 05:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

That is exactly the issue I am having, Sand Rush is the only factor I cant get around :(

I have tried EA and Scherzo and still it is the one thing that keeps causing me the biggest issues :(
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-08 06:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't Sand Rush the move that he uses only if the Cactuar is dead? Or am I mixing things up?
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Server: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-06-08 06:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This is all VD

Killing the cactus stops the adds. He is rather difficult/annoying to do in a timely manner without mages as ranged simply get "Cannot See message" and shots/WS do not end up going off.

We also did a few rounds melee, but a well place Sordstorm? and thousand needle also causes mayhem, along with the adds SP, 3 rangers doing EES if doing fell cleave/AoE, 3 paladins stacking up as they invincible etc. Much failure/long. Everyone stacking also meant constant silence on mages / petrifies which gave windows for death. And the blind is terrible. Constant terrible, some is blind, some is flash effect.

It was just not feasible to continue this route. Also the cactus eventually did Needle and just wiped everyone may have been stacked with Sand rush? Sordstorm?, battlemod messes the TP moves.

Winning strat; we just went with 2 blm 2 sch geo run. One gravitation > Death kills the cactus. 4 minutes nuking to kill the boss. No adds, no worries, geo and off scholar heals. We tried more buffs and what not, but 2 BLM still is better then alternatives. No SPs, total instance about 6 min. If you do let a set of adds pop, 3 -ja kills them anyways, they just died during bursts.

To note, the boss has EXTREMELY HIGH intelligence, to the point that applying burn and Impact (with relic +3) increased damage by 20+%. Very susceptible to enfeebling effects (Slow/para). Immune? to frazzle. Spike ball applies paralysis, not just poison, and should be removed in a timely matter with ~40/tick. Sand Trap was overall irrelevant with RUN/WAR, simple flash/voke sufficed as it only resets Volatile enmity. Sordstorm is irrelevant to Epeo Run, the only danger is Mighty Strikes during which battuta nullifies. Still our RUN did manage to take some 2k hits during MS, so keep topped up.

With Rayke and Idris BoG malaise, indi-focus, entrust haste, we're hitting some 100ks, but with just BoG, nukes are doing 40-60k T6 (Ea+1s, max grio, amal HQ hands, standard accessories). We use marine stewpots for food.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2018-06-08 06:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

We also spammed it down on VD with mages. Had a COR instead of 2nd BLM because that person didn't have a nuke job. At first it will feel sluggish if you were used to the original BC with way lower HP. It's still the easiest and cleanest way you can do it.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Server: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-06-08 07:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I would not nuke with anything other then black mage, as the stacking penalty is so steep. Time it right, you can do 3 unresisted/stacked nukes between the 2 blm, and one trash/stack at the end for good volleys. Anything else nuking just kills the damage. Except Rayke, rain hell down on the ant like a kid with a magnifying glass during Rayke.

Of course, without a second black mage, this would be a sch or geo, depending on who has the best gear. But spam nuking is a huge slowdown compared to just getting the 3 full damage 60ks and tail end stacking garbage of 20k and under
By fonewear 2018-06-08 07:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Jdove said: »
fonewear said: »

It's like I"m talking to myself...

There was something really nice here before I edited it...
do you even play ffxi anymore or are you just obsessed with this website?

I do but when you haven't had "new" content in forever this website is more entertaining.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2018-06-08 08:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jumeya said: »
I would not nuke with anything other then black mage, as the stacking penalty is so steep. Time it right, you can do 3 unresisted/stacked nukes between the 2 blm, and one trash/stack at the end for good volleys. Anything else nuking just kills the damage. Except Rayke, rain hell down on the ant like a kid with a magnifying glass during Rayke.

Of course, without a second black mage, this would be a sch or geo, depending on who has the best gear. But spam nuking is a huge slowdown compared to just getting the 3 full damage 60ks and tail end stacking garbage of 20k and under

The "Spam it down" was ment as "Spam down the BC" not "mindlessly spam your nukes lol
 Valefor.Heabea
Server: Valefor
user: Heabea
By Valefor.Heabea 2018-06-08 08:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What element nukes were you using on the boss?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2018-06-08 09:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Wind
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-08 09:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kataaro said: »
That is exactly the issue I am having, Sand Rush is the only factor I cant get around :(

I have tried EA and Scherzo and still it is the one thing that keeps causing me the biggest issues :(

Migawari???
inb4 these *** made migawari not work with rush...
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-06-08 09:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

This is all VD

Killing the cactus stops the adds. He is rather difficult/annoying to do in a timely manner without mages as ranged simply get "Cannot See message" and shots/WS do not end up going off.

We also did a few rounds melee, but a well place Sordstorm? and thousand needle also causes mayhem, along with the adds SP, 3 rangers doing EES if doing fell cleave/AoE, 3 paladins stacking up as they invincible etc. Much failure/long. Everyone stacking also meant constant silence on mages / petrifies which gave windows for death. And the blind is terrible. Constant terrible, some is blind, some is flash effect.

It was just not feasible to continue this route. Also the cactus eventually did Needle and just wiped everyone may have been stacked with Sand rush? Sordstorm?, battlemod messes the TP moves.

Winning strat; we just went with 2 blm 2 sch geo run. One gravitation > Death kills the cactus. 4 minutes nuking to kill the boss. No adds, no worries, geo and off scholar heals. We tried more buffs and what not, but 2 BLM still is better then alternatives. No SPs, total instance about 6 min. If you do let a set of adds pop, 3 -ja kills them anyways, they just died during bursts.

To note, the boss has EXTREMELY HIGH intelligence, to the point that applying burn and Impact (with relic +3) increased damage by 20+%. Very susceptible to enfeebling effects (Slow/para). Immune? to frazzle. Spike ball applies paralysis, not just poison, and should be removed in a timely matter with ~40/tick. Sand Trap was overall irrelevant with RUN/WAR, simple flash/voke sufficed as it only resets Volatile enmity. Sordstorm is irrelevant to Epeo Run, the only danger is Mighty Strikes during which battuta nullifies. Still our RUN did manage to take some 2k hits during MS, so keep topped up.

With Rayke and Idris BoG malaise, indi-focus, entrust haste, we're hitting some 100ks, but with just BoG, nukes are doing 40-60k T6 (Ea+1s, max grio, amal HQ hands, standard accessories). We use marine stewpots for food.

Just curious if you tried other SC's before resorting to Death?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2018-06-08 09:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The "old" way was Fire. Needs 2 SCs to kill it compared to 1 with double Death.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-08 09:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This is all VD

Which buffs were you using on the GEO against the Cactuar and how were you positioning yourselves considering how fast/annoying he is?
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-06-08 10:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The cactuar typically travels within a 20' distance from the boss. If he's circling around pillars, that means you are fighting boss directly where he spawns.

Drag him a litte closer to starting corner you zoned in from, and stand with boss so you can always reach cactuar with your spells.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Server: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2018-06-08 11:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Ejin put up a melee video. Great work btw! Interesting that the adds death increases attack power of the boss. That + Mighty Strikes + Sand Rush is maybe why people are seeing thousands of damage done in AoE?
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12