users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Antican Ambuscade V1
Antican Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
By DanielH 2018-06-07 16:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I didn't do a single VD last month, still got 700k marks just half assing N and afkpupping D

Assuming 6 seals per month - and using those seals on D - thats 43200 hallmarks.
For the remaining 656400 hallmarks - at 1200 per run on Normal, that is 547 runs.

Thats alot of ambuscade.

My guess they meant 70k.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-07 16:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside of resin, what is the real reason for spamming ambush so much? If it's just for the Gil to buy hq abj or another rema, I'll pass. I'm not going to subject myself to that much grinding just for Gil. At some point that loses its appeal and it's not as interesting for me anymore. Give me a new gear set from ambu and I'll be all on it
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-07 16:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

DanielH said: »
I didn't do a single VD last month, still got 700k marks just half assing N and afkpupping D

Assuming 6 seals per month - and using those seals on D - thats 43200 hallmarks.
For the remaining 656400 hallmarks - at 1200 per run on Normal, that is 547 runs.

Thats alot of ambuscade.

My guess they meant 70k.

lol 70k. no 700k. ~130k per account.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-07 16:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats alot of ambuscade.
That aside iirc you can get all the currency besides the 30k+ per piece for just ~150k... could probably completely buy out everything with 700k

edit: oh multiple accounts. That kind of changes the conversation completely. Not everyone has 7 built accounts lol
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-07 16:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Outside of resin, what is the real reason for spamming ambush so much? If it's just for the Gil to buy hq abj or another rema, I'll pass. I'm not going to subject myself to that much grinding just for Gil. At some point that loses its appeal and it's not as interesting for me anymore. Give me a new gear set from ambu and I'll be all on it
A LOT of people is on the same boat as you Bukki, it's just that people like that usually do not post here.
Whenever people assume that everybody would keep spamming ambuscade for max or close to max point regardless of the rewards I chuckle a bit inside.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-07 16:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

All *** aside why WOULDN'T you do the maximum (not marrows or scoria)?

There is literally nothing else worth doing.

I'm all for you not doing ambuscade though, shorter queues for me, but seriously.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Server: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-06-07 16:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

At a certain point, the return/time ratio falls off versus other activities. However if you like it, supply that market!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-07 16:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

All *** aside why WOULDN'T There is literally nothing else worth doing.
Not sure what everybody else's answer would be to this question.
Mine is that I have years and YEARS of games I want to play in my backlog, so I just /logout and play those instead of getting burned out in FFXI doing the same thing 2000 times.

That's just me of course.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-07 16:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not knocking the ambuscade. I'm just speaking from experience. I play a few hours a week when i can, join a few PUGs where there is shouts, and do an omen or solo CP and dynamis. The big rush with Ambuscade was the gear, make no mistake about it. I still do it, but with the PITA style of these fights, forming a competent party to get clears can be a hassle sometimes. And I'm capped on capes anyways, so i'll grab my few resin and be done for the month. The first time around these fights were fun. Now? Feels like a damn chore. Plus its summertime :D
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-07 16:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough to not play XI, that's a totally reasonable answer. If you were going to be on XI, that's different. Playing something better is a fantastic answer, actually.

As for a chore, it's always a chore. It's just another thing they added for you do to that gives the illusion of choice. You have to do it. or you get the guilt and the regret of not doing it.
By Afania 2018-06-07 17:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason why I do ambu:

1) pretty much the only group content in game that still gives meaningful rewards. 80% of good gears these days all came from Gil Gil and more Gil.

Rema: Gil. Hq: Gil. +3:Gil. Basically without gil nothing gets geared.

Ambu is a very casual Friendly gil farming method because it's more efficient than solo, as a busy person with life I prefer to make Gil spamming VD for 2hr, instead of solo salvage for 10hr. I play on small server so queue line is extremely low that it's possible to do multiple VD in an hour, which is nice.

Ambu is also less mental work than make Gil via merc. Don't need to look for buyers nor deal with people drama that comes with merc.

2) its fun: most content these days are alliance content and its zzzzz fest, seriously. Other contents are too easy. Dyna: lag fest zzzzz. Omen:afk leech cards. SR:zzz and ***never drop. Master trials: nobody wants to do them again after they got glowy....

By comparison there are always strategy to try in ambuscade, or things to optimize. Many niche sets never get a chance to be used in other content, but ambu gave them a meaning.

Things like, cor/whm main healing, crit rate sets, white dmg dps sets, aoeing, cor enmity+ set etc etc. There are absolutely no incentive to use those in other content, but in ambuscade it's possible to use those, for reasons.

We are in an era that people can optimize a job endlessly, may as well do content that could use those 123456789 sets.

3) friends/connection building. The best way to make friends in ffxi is do stuff together. I prefer to use my time in group content instead of solo cp or Omen cards. Solo is.... Horrible.

4) schedule: it's something we can enter anytime. I don't have consistent play schedule so it's tough for me to do other content that needs to match ls play schedule. I can just log in and do ambu when I play.

Other contents are horribly boring anyways. Especially dyna lag fest. It's *** painful. With limited good content choices ambu became best choice.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-06-07 18:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say always kill cactuar first
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-07 18:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh Yeah, kill the Cactus. The worse your group is the more you benefit from having it dead. Slows the group down though.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-07 18:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

And sense the old thread is still locked.

Anticans do AOE Petrify. Resets enmity.
Aoe Silence.
Sodstorm is HEAVY physical* damage
Blind
and immune to sleeps

This month is a perfect example of how bad whms make the game miserable.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-06-07 19:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The boss's attack power increase dramatically (1k+ hits) the more you kill his adds, it's very noticeable after 3~5 kills.
The Consul has 1,4m HP and Cactuar 140k HP on VD. Flaming Crush works on them.
Sand Rush (Sodstorm, they have changed the name) is physical despite the animation.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-06-07 20:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Wilt makes this fight a lot easier on your healers. Dark Carols, too.

Silence Magisters and Valiants as they pop.
By fonewear 2018-06-07 20:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
The reason why I do ambu:

1) pretty much the only group content in game that still gives meaningful rewards. 80% of good gears these days all came from Gil Gil and more Gil.

Rema: Gil. Hq: Gil. +3:Gil. Basically without gil nothing gets geared.

Ambu is a very casual Friendly gil farming method because it's more efficient than solo, as a busy person with life I prefer to make Gil spamming VD for 2hr, instead of solo salvage for 10hr. I play on small server so queue line is extremely low that it's possible to do multiple VD in an hour, which is nice.

Ambu is also less mental work than make Gil via merc. Don't need to look for buyers nor deal with people drama that comes with merc.

2) its fun: most content these days are alliance content and its zzzzz fest, seriously. Other contents are too easy. Dyna: lag fest zzzzz. Omen:afk leech cards. SR:zzz and ***never drop. Master trials: nobody wants to do them again after they got glowy....

By comparison there are always strategy to try in ambuscade, or things to optimize. Many niche sets never get a chance to be used in other content, but ambu gave them a meaning.

Things like, cor/whm main healing, crit rate sets, white dmg dps sets, aoeing, cor enmity+ set etc etc. There are absolutely no incentive to use those in other content, but in ambuscade it's possible to use those, for reasons.

We are in an era that people can optimize a job endlessly, may as well do content that could use those 123456789 sets.

3) friends/connection building. The best way to make friends in ffxi is do stuff together. I prefer to use my time in group content instead of solo cp or Omen cards. Solo is.... Horrible.

4) schedule: it's something we can enter anytime. I don't have consistent play schedule so it's tough for me to do other content that needs to match ls play schedule. I can just log in and do ambu when I play.

Other contents are horribly boring anyways. Especially dyna lag fest. It's *** painful. With limited good content choices ambu became best choice.

1. Well if they adjusted other content we wouldn't have to spam ambu for currency.

2. Fun with the right people...with the wrong people it is hell.

3. I don't play FFXI to make friends I play it to escape reality. Making friends to me is not the primary reason of playing.

4. Makes a lot of sense because the days of we have Omen on Friday at 9 pm...yea that doesn't work for everyone.
By fonewear 2018-06-07 20:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I'm not knocking the ambuscade. I'm just speaking from experience. I play a few hours a week when i can, join a few PUGs where there is shouts, and do an omen or solo CP and dynamis. The big rush with Ambuscade was the gear, make no mistake about it. I still do it, but with the PITA style of these fights, forming a competent party to get clears can be a hassle sometimes. And I'm capped on capes anyways, so i'll grab my few resin and be done for the month. The first time around these fights were fun. Now? Feels like a damn chore. Plus its summertime :D

To me I view Ambuscade as when I run out of things to do there is always Ambu. Anything you have to spam over and over to make it worthwhile...yea that gets old fast.

Changing the mobs out doesn't do anything for me. Not when you play the same job for the fight over and over. It's not like somehow ambu is going to be fun and exciting cause it is a Ant or a dragon or whatever.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-07 20:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

6 *** solos and a duo cloggin up legion while there's a 20 page queue.

It's about time we have that conversation again about soloing on asura.
By fonewear 2018-06-07 20:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

6 *** solos and a duo cloggin up legion while there's a 20 page queue.

It's about time we have that conversation again about soloing on asura.

The reason people solo is not everyone is a REMA bard etc. Maybe they only play dragoon and don't care about any other job...just a theory.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-07 20:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Naked 99 Bard sings just as well as joachim and naked 99 cor plays better than qultada. it's really not that hard to team up VE instead of solo it. sparks pld tanks as well as august and cureplease heals better than yoran.

People were starting to steal my irritation idea earlier this morning. Shouting about it.

Take all your accounts and enter solo, then just stand there for the full 30 minutes.

Then do it again. and again. and again.

I promise you they would change something pretty damn fast. Kinda surprised no one did it yet.
By fonewear 2018-06-07 20:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why we need content that isn't Ambu when everyone is doing the same content...we all suffer.

I only log in anymore mostly to troll and to get my special dial junk elite status confirmed.

I recommend more people troll there aren't enough trolls on Asura. Stop doing ambu and just troll.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-07 20:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade needs to not be the magic "fix-all" for salvage VW HTB and delve

Just keep shooting yourself in the *** square. They'll keep paying you anyway.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-07 20:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade needs to not be the magic "fix-all" for salvage VW HTB and delve

Just keep shooting yourself in the *** square. They'll keep paying you anyway.

Like I said if they fixed the other content you wouldn't have to solely rely on Ambu for currency.

But no that would require work so they said let's make all the other content basically obsolete and put all the currency in one place.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-07 21:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, they messed up last month, and instead of fixing it, they just added 5 extra to this month.
By fonewear 2018-06-07 21:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Also the mods don't do anything so asking them to unlock it is kinda pointless you might as well just create a new thread.

Or they will change the title to June 2018 Ambu and call it a day...if you are lucky.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-07 21:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh let's not make this the june ambuscade thread. I would rather not.

Like I said last week, if they're all repeats, then they need to be unlocked and changed to "antican ambuscade" instead of "may 2017" and "Gigas ambuscade" instead of "whatever month it was".
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12