Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade V1 April 2018
Ambuscade V1 April 2018
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-04 16:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So on VD the BST has an AOE charm dance. Wasn't expecting that. Can be resisted with meva though as my GEO had a 1min duration and THF 3min duration.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-04-04 17:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Manic Dance is indeed not gaze, it's because of double Light Carol and Tenebrae runes that our RUN can resist Charm constantly in VD.
 Asura.Aerox
By Asura.Aerox 2018-04-04 17:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boogs said: »
Leviathan.Louisoix said: »
just got a decent group together and won on N with no issues, but when we decided to try D with the same strat the charm no longer was blocked by slimply turning your back. For none SMN set up or even with a the Smn how are ppl dealing with charm on D and VD?

Have you tried ws’ing from behind in an attempt to remove the aura? Failing aura removal are you sure you turned well ahead of time? Ie turned after 2nd Veil of Chaos? Just wondering if human error was absolutely not a factor.

Went in solo on E as PLD, faced a wall with mobs hitting me from behind to test and still got charmed.
By Afania 2018-04-04 17:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

VD melee video from YouTube this month for reference.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-04-04 17:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Louisoix said: »
We dont have a viable sleep

Manifestation Break pull > Manifestation Sleep II would work, no?

Reporting in on magic WS testing... Leaden does wonderful damage to adds (can hit 99k). Assuming Trueflight is equally good. Accuracy requirements also seem low-ish. Thinking BRD + SCH + RUN + COR/RNG is a good combo this month.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-04 17:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So yeah light carol + vex will resist charms (unless you have a RUN tank who thinks he's a great damage dealer swinging at the PLD blocking with his shield every attack... ... ...) and make the fight a ton easier. Still need to worry about hate resets left and right but charms is what really *** with things so vex/light carol and GG.
By flyingsquirrel 2018-04-04 17:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks to me like on the video that afania posted,

Run,sam,war,brd,geo,whm

Brd sleeps all
Run supertanks
War does solo light from behind boss from time to time while the sam kills the adds
Order seemed to be tamer warlock reaver dualist pugilist bst pet then boss
Rdm and blm obviously need to be silenced

By the time they got to the boss he was already at like 25%

I'll try and read the logs more carefully to see what job the support was. I only saw cure 2 and curaga2 etc from quickly watching
Edit: Def whm. Cure 3 erase and paralyna were pretty much the only things they did.
 Leviathan.Louisoix
Server: Leviathan
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2018-04-04 18:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

That set up was a loss on VD, you get an additional BST and then debuffs come into play. Expect Petra/Para to be added in VD. Just sticking to D for now.
 Asura.Aerox
By Asura.Aerox 2018-04-04 18:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone looking for quick melee E strat just did it with LS, pld war sam geo whm blm and it was piece of cake. 1 ws from behind removed aura never charmed once. Did blm mob then mnk and then boss.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-04 18:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So just did a couple VD clears, and despite the RUN trying his best to *** us up, it wasn't that bad.

Setup was RUN, COR(chaos/sam), THF, GEO(vex/frailty), BRD(honor, light carol, mad, min I think?), WHM.

Killed BST first, then BLM, then pet, doesn't really matter after BST, just wanted to get BST down before he could AOE charm. Our RUN was /DRK and thought he was a DD and kept getting us AOE'd and amnesia'd the whole time and made it ugly, but with light carol, vex and runes charm was resisted every single time. My GEO could hit 40k+ MB's without any buffs/debuffs magically, so I'm sure that would have sped up the run, but again my RUN thought he was a DD interrupting our SC's with 1200 resolutions.

...but yeah VD is doable. *** Asura pugs.

As for the strat above showing someone DDing on the boss the whole time...that's probably a better strategy than adds first and then boss, honestly. But if the tank takes the boss away from the group for less amnesia AOE I doubt there's that heavy of a difference between the two. Maybe keep a DD on for aura removal if using a PLD tank, but RUN can resist it fine or something.

Also I was the THF in a 1209 acc set eating miso ramen and had 88.75% accuracy and the PLD spams flash. So 1225-1250 acc + one madrigal + honor march should cap accuracy in VD.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-04 18:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Normal isn't any harder than Easy... Normal should be the minimum any group does this time.

BTW for those that hadn't realized yet, they upped the minimum amount of ambuscade you need to do since the resins are in gallantry.

Went from 10k gallantry, to 20k gallantry, now it's 27500 gallantry (if you still need metals)
By Ruaumoko 2018-04-04 19:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Have to admit that JP video was impressive.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-04-04 20:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I did for Difficult on 5box, so full party with player should be no problem.

RUN BLU BRD WHM GEO {Sylvie}

Buffed @start - Attune/Wilt/Frail/March/Min/Min/barsleep/barmeh

Ran by mobs on RUN pulled to left column, kill order:
BLM,RDM,MNK,BOSS

Did a VD with 2 BRDs - Adjusted to HM/tpyical melee buffs + Minne/Minne/Scherzo

Adds a tamer and Reaver: Dont kill his pet or AEO charm, and watch for Dread Spikes.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-04 22:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

And this months is really easy compared. Tight team can do VD1 is 5~6 min with over a minute of that being entry + buffs. Don't need Minne, Scherzo or any other defensive buffs, just double light carrols on the RUN tank. Had a RDM/WHM healer be a champ and totally kicked that guys ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-04-04 22:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
And this months is really easy compared. Tight team can do VD1 is 5~6 min with over a minute of that being entry + buffs. Don't need Minne, Scherzo or any other defensive buffs, just double light carrols on the RUN tank. Had a RDM/WHM healer be a champ and totally kicked that guys ***.

Just how I did it, was a pain setting up mules to not get gazed, and I got hit a lot. ><
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-04 22:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

From our friendly neighborhood streamer.

[+]
By Ruaumoko 2018-04-04 23:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to see it's been made relatively SMN proof this month.
[+]
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-04-05 00:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe i missed it, but other than ws from the back on the boss, how do you break the def on the other mobs? in N my fudo's are hitting for ~2k per ws on the mnk and blm
 Asura.Shystie
user: Shystie
By Asura.Shystie 2018-04-05 00:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Citrelautame said: »
Maybe i missed it, but other than ws from the back on the boss, how do you break the def on the other mobs? in N my fudo's are hitting for ~2k per ws on the mnk and blm

We didn't do anything special. We dispel the DRK and RDM a bunch. Aside from that, Tank was holding hate, WAR 1 and COR was on mega boss, WAR 2 was killing adds. WAR 1 and COR would attack adds when mega boss used invincible. Light Carol x2 on the Tank after main songs are up. WAR 2 joins mega boss when all adds are dead. Kill pet AFTER you kill the BST.

EDIT: Make sure the BRD is subbed WHM to assist with cures and removing debuffs. I did not have much of an issue main curing. However, always nice to have more. :)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-04-05 02:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh we where killing the boss first, i didn't catch that.

Ty
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2018-04-05 03:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

blu can reliably sleep/entomb on difficult indefinitely i have not tried vd as of yet
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2018-04-05 03:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

kinda takes the fun right out of the mnk though lol
By flyingsquirrel 2018-04-05 03:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Is sleep so reliable that this month is effectively pup tankable?

Master full dt gear runs in and pulls all mobs, somebody aoe sleeps, puppet tank on mega boss. 1 dd on back of boss and 1 dd killing adds?

Does that sound feasible? I wanna try this, but I wont be able to get any playtime for another 2 or 3 days
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2018-04-05 03:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

well considering i was able to kill all 3 adds blu +trusts i'd say it's viable on at least difficult
By flyingsquirrel 2018-04-05 03:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry I was talking about VD, any job can probably do normal and any well geared jobs can probably be thrown into Difficult somehow. VD is where the money is at.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2018-04-05 04:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i've not tested vd just yet sadly still trying to solo difficult i'm a couple shades of mp management away currently
By Ruaumoko 2018-04-05 06:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
From our friendly neighborhood streamer.

And here's the view from the tank's perspective.

Intense VD won in roughly 4:00, not counting buff time which was lengthy due to rolls being random as they are. The whole run was 8:00 counting the repeated busted rolls.

Setup: RUN/RDM/BRD/COR/WAR/WAR

I can see a good PLD taking the RUN's place and a good WHM or SCH taking the RDM's place. BRD is mandatory and the COR likely also. The two DPS roles can be filled by most good DPS jobs. I forgot to mention this in the video but if the Warlock lives long enough to use Manafont then One for All should blunt it.

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-05 07:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

flyingsquirrel said: »
Is sleep so reliable that this month is effectively pup tankable?

Master full dt gear runs in and pulls all mobs, somebody aoe sleeps, puppet tank on mega boss. 1 dd on back of boss and 1 dd killing adds?

Does that sound feasible? I wanna try this, but I wont be able to get any playtime for another 2 or 3 days

When you say "tank" what exactly are you meaning? "Tank" as in hold the NM while people kill adds, or actually holding the NM while the DD's are smashing it? The first virtually anyone can do, the second you don't stand a snowballs chance in hell. Me and Death would occasionally pull hate off Rua and have to idle down to let him reestablish it, a robot with far less enmity generation would be little more then a cheerleader. Also his Veil move resets enmity, the healers needs to stand close by for this fight.
 Leviathan.Louisoix
Server: Leviathan
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2018-04-05 07:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So a good friend of mine and I decided to attempt some VD last night. Set up was BLU, BLU, BRD, GEO, WHM, PLD. First run we did we used attune/vex/double light carol for the charm. Won no problem. Second run the debuffs were an issue because we didnt kill the bst/pet fast enough. people died. But! we found out you only need double carols to resist the charm effect. So We started just doing double light carol and f/f and got wins down to 15min or so.