Finally releasing this addon; GearInfo
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14
 Odin.Ewellina
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: colway
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-05 04:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Changed OP to make links more visible and added list of potential things ill be working on.
 Asura.Murisia
Server: Asura
user: Murisia
By Asura.Murisia 2018-04-05 04:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been using it all evening testing it out, got the defence to show and other things, i'm loving it, tracking my haste and tp, so glad you shared this. Again, my thanks and I'm looking forward to your updates. I took at look at your wiki and I would love to help with the donations but being out of work for almost a year now makes that rather difficult :(
[+]
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-05 04:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
very interesting tool,

I was very impressed that it seems to recognize haste samba once it's applied to the mob. I was wondering how I could implement this into gearswap.

1 thing I was confused about,
on THF with capped magic haste, haste levels are shown righ but it was saying I needed 21 DW
base thf this should be 11 DW needed,
Job Pointed thf like this should be 6DW needed

ok so looking at the calculations a thf with capped magic haste and full JP's etc needs 11 DW, to breach those values like with most jobs you need to add JA haste too. here are some example pics:

The first is capped magic haste, second is capped magic haste with a simple buff like haste samba. Both weapons are 211 delay. The negative DW needed is JP / traits youd have to drop to no get a TP/hit penalty for having too much DW. This value goes even higher on jobs like ninja that have a ridiculous amount DW as traits / JP. Hope you find this info usefull.
I used the GI commands to manually add the haste values. makes it easy to check stuff rather then try to go out and get those buffs. The calculations are ripped directly from BGwiki, so if thats wrong then GI is wrong (as far as i know). Haste caps for each category is taken into consideration in the calculation and theres also an overall haste cap if you have super high JA haste.

EDIT: scrap the above, i dont have capped JP on thf. let me look at this again.
EDIT 2 : I editted the code to give myself the extra 5 DW in JP, this was the result:

So it does infact work correctly lol. But im wondering why you are getting 21 when it shows correctly on mine.
EDIT 3:
this check actually made me realise that i didnt implement the 80% overall delay cap that is applied, so i will be changing the display like this (the DW needed calculation will also apply this cap, dont know how i missed that, not that you can reliably hit it in game):

EDIT 4
Pushed a commit to reflect the changes as version '1.6.4.3', but will not push a release as theres another bug i discovered last night that i have yet to fix where augment parsing for items with pet: #### fail to track other none pet augments after it. will push release once fixed. maybe tomorow.
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-05 06:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Murisia said: »
I've been using it all evening testing it out, got the defence to show and other things, i'm loving it, tracking my haste and tp, so glad you shared this. Again, my thanks and I'm looking forward to your updates. I took at look at your wiki and I would love to help with the donations but being out of work for almost a year now makes that rather difficult :(

Thanks for the awsome comment, they dont go un-noticed. in regards to donations dont worry about it, your thanks and your enjoyment of the addon is plenty enough. I'm actually in the same boat, I've been looking for work for the last almost 3 years now in programming. I recently applied for a degree apprenticeship, hopefully will hear something from it. Without actual qualifications its a ***, even if i went to Uni for 2 years studying computer games software design (i.e. C++ coding) lol. I had to leave early from the 3 years to earn pennies cos of 2nd child being born. But that was 6 years ago now. Mrs supports the family while i'm a stay at home dad giving me the opportunity to get some more experience and skills in coding, not that most employers give a ***.
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-05 06:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually fixed the above bug rather easily so i pushed it as release 'v1.6.4.4'. Didnt think it was going to be that easy so please people test it. you can check if it worked right by looking in the data folder and finding you "character name"_data.lua file and doing a search by item name that you know has a pet, avatar or wyvern augment and others like accuracy attack and checking if the total values in the table are correct. eg:
Code
 [546]={
        ["discription"]="DEF:152 HP+66 MP+59 STR+30 DEX+17 VIT+30 AGI+19 INT+19 MND+19 CHR+19 Attack+14 Evasion+41 Magic Evasion+69 \"Magic Def. Bonus\"+4 Haste+3% Enmity+6 \"Fast Cast\"+5% \"Store TP\"+5", 
        ["Fast Cast"]=5, 
        ["jobs"]={
            [1]="WAR", 
            [7]="PLD", 
            [8]="DRK"
        }, 
        ["DEX"]=17, 
        ["AGI"]=19, 
        ["MND"]=19, 
        ["Phalanx"]=1,
        ["STR"]=30, 
        ["Store TP"]=5, 
        ["item_level"]=119, 
        ["HP"]=66, 
        ["augments"]={
            [1]="Pet: DEX+10", 
            [2]="\"Resist Silence\"+4", 
            [3]="Phalanx +1",
            [4]="none", 
            [5]="none"
        }, 
        ["en"]="Odyss. Chestplate", 
        ["slots"]={
            [5]="Body"
        }, 
        ["DEF"]=152, 
        ["MP"]=59, 
        ["id"]=25716, 
        ["INT"]=19, 
        ["category"]="Armor", 
        ["CHR"]=19, 
        ["Haste"]=3, 
        ["VIT"]=30, 
        ["Attack"]=14
    }, 

the Augemnt table is just a copy from the extdata as an unparsed version. Above it on line 12 you see ['Phalanx'] = 1, thats it being successfully ripped from the augments table. If the discription had phalanx aswell of say 2, then the total ['Phalanx'] = 3 would show. This applies to accuracy attack etc.

EDIT: if youve grabbed this latest update, please try comfirm code works for me please.
By Kilobyte 2018-04-05 20:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It does not appear that hand-to-hand weapons or skill are calculated at all; MNK w/ 1300 accuracy shows 455 accuracy.
 Ifrit.Laubent
Server: Ifrit
user: me1974
By Ifrit.Laubent 2018-04-05 20:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Been using GI for quite awhile its a great add-on
[+]
 Odin.Dukenukemx
user: Dukenukem
By Odin.Dukenukemx 2018-04-05 23:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I can't be one of the cool kids anymore with my amazing addon ;P good on you for releasing it buddy miss you :*
[+]
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-06 03:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Laubent said: »
Been using GI for quite awhile its a great add-on
Odin.Dukenukemx said: »
Guess I can't be one of the cool kids anymore with my amazing addon ;P good on you for releasing it buddy miss you :*

thanks guys, yeah i miss playing with you guys too.
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-06 03:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Kilobyte said: »
It does not appear that hand-to-hand weapons or skill are calculated at all; MNK w/ 1300 accuracy shows 455 accuracy.

Ill take a look, i think its because its written Hand-to-hand on gear, and hand_to_hand on the windower.ffxi.get_player().skills table. its just an oversight, ill go fix it.

EDIT: uploaded what i think will fix it. grab the Gear_Processing.lua from the repo and try it pls. let me know if it fixes it, and ill push a release. (the acc parser does bug out sometimes, so if the numbers aren't right then reload GI again and check). Anyone with skill in hand-to-hand can check to be honest. the character i use for testing doesn't have any H2H skill.
By Kilobyte 2018-04-06 08:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ewellina said: »

Ill take a look, i think its because its written Hand-to-hand on gear, and hand_to_hand on the windower.ffxi.get_player().skills table. its just an oversight, ill go fix it.

EDIT: uploaded what i think will fix it. grab the Gear_Processing.lua from the repo and try it pls. let me know if it fixes it, and ill push a release. (the acc parser does bug out sometimes, so if the numbers aren't right then reload GI again and check). Anyone with skill in hand-to-hand can check to be honest. the character i use for testing doesn't have any H2H skill.

It increased the number but there's still a 437 accuracy deficit I am not sure where it's coming from since H2H skill is 440.
[+]
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-06 10:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It increased the number but there's still a 437 accuracy deficit I am not sure where it's coming from since H2H skill is 440.

ok i missed 1, try this one please. I appreciate you helping with this one.

EDIT I just realised looking at the monk wiki that i didnt take martial arts into concideration when calculating tp/hit for H2H. ill have to code that in somewhere.
By Kilobyte 2018-04-06 10:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

ok i missed 1, try this one please. I appreciate you helping with this one.

EDIT I just realised looking at the monk wiki that i didnt take martial arts into concideration when calculating tp/hit for H2H. ill have to code that in somewhere.

Doesn't appear to have changed at all, still showing the same.
[+]
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-06 15:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok i believe i fixed the Accuracy issue for Hand-to-Hand, and in the process also added tracking for Martial arts traits + job points + Gear to give an accurate reading for TP/hit which was totally omitted previously. If people can please test. I believe the TP/hit will be per punch so if try to test you'll have to attack 1 round and take your tp return and divide by 2 if both punches hit, and this should match your TP/hit on the display, barring that you have no buffs that affect store TP.
edit : please be aware that latent effects are not taken into consideration nor are set bonuses.

Update version - 1.6.5.1

I also updated the OP.
By Boshi 2018-04-06 15:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

hey,
thanks for looking thru it sorry I didn't respond while you were looking thru it.

tyvm
[+]
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-06 15:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
hey,
thanks for looking thru it sorry I didn't respond while you were looking thru it.

tyvm

No problem dude, grab the latest update and let me know if you still get 21 DW needed with capped magic haste. make sure you do a //gi parse to update all the gear.
By Kilobyte 2018-04-06 16:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It is working!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-06 17:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

https://github.com/sebyg666/GearInfo/releases'

Is 404'd

Have to move that ' in your link in the OP

Also, don't know if you addressed this or not but it gave an Error when Joachim did march. It assumed he had march+7, pretty sure he does not.

Saying my M.Haste is 900
[+]
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-06 18:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

ty for link broken thing. and if it says unknown it means it doesnt know who cast it, joachim is default to 0. So if you changed the default brd value to 7 then anyone unknown will come up as 7. unknown can happen if u reload GI after u received the buffs.

I did hardcode joachim and ulmia to be tracke dby name so if it broke i have no idea what goin on
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-06 18:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't change anything just put it over and loaded it, but did already have a march on when it started, so if I reload it with no active marches, it will know?
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-06 18:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Didn't change anything just put it over and loaded it, but did already have a march on when it started, so if I reload it with no active marches, it will know?

essentially the addon needs to be on when u recieve the buff, it uses the action packet to track who cast what. tracking buffs isnt enought. for example haste and haste 2 have the same buff id, so u cnt tell which is which unless u track who casts what, same with all marches, ballads, etc etc etc.

EDIT: my *** up, i totally forgot that i removed joachim and ulmia in earlyer iterations. So what you do is use the command //gi brd add joachim 0 and also //gi brd add ulmia 0 and everything will be well

and then after that you can add friends too that play bard and you know what their total + to marches is, replace the zero with their bonus.

But i will add them back in the next release as default
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-06 19:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the extra release again, im sure people are fed up of downloading this now lol

quick fix 'v1.6.5.2'

• fixed issue with acc parser - if you equipped gear with skill on, the display would keep taking away that skill every update cycle

• added tracking for the "Combatant's Torque" and possible other future items with "combat skills" stat, also added the magic equivalents for future use.

• added joachim and ulmia as default bards with 0 songs bonus as QoL adjustment

By Kilobyte 2018-04-07 09:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I have run into an issue that if I use Spirit Link with the addon running, it crashes POL.
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-07 09:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I have run into an issue that if I use Spirit Link with the addon running, it crashes POL.

Thats interesting and would be difficult to track down. The addon doesnt even look for that skill use. ill look into it. How did you test to be 100% sure its GearInfo. did you try without it loaded, then again with it loaded?

I dont even have access to dragoon to test lol.
By Kilobyte 2018-04-07 09:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats interesting and would be difficult to track down. The addon doesnt even look for that skill use. ill look into it. How did you test to be 100% sure its GearInfo. did you try without it loaded then again with it loaded?

So what was happening was I was doing Ambuscade and when we would enter everyone would start to buff up, I'd use Hasso, Meditate and as soon as I used my Spirit Link macro the game instantly locked and crashed. Reloading the game I would manually load the addon. Cycle repeated 4 times before I stopped manually loading the addon and crash stopped for 4 runs, so manually loaded again and crashed as soon as I used it again.

My Spirit Link macro does have gear changes so I am not sure if it's related to the gear I change to or not.

Edit:
Spirit Link set equips;
Vishap Armet +2
Pratik Earring
Peltast's Vambraces +1
Vishap Brais +1
Wyrm Greaves +2
Brigantia's Mantle
[+]
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2018-04-07 09:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello got a question, is there a command to move the gi window position and how, mine is currently at upper right corner, also is this addon like a good indicator to check what to gear like for TP or WS Sets?
By Kilobyte 2018-04-07 09:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Darkvlade said: »
Hello got a question, is there a command to move the gi window position and how, mine is currently at upper right corner, also is this addon like a good indicator to check what to gear like for TP or WS Sets?

Click and drag with your mouse
[+]
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-07 09:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats interesting and would be difficult to track down. The addon doesnt even look for that skill use. ill look into it. How did you test to be 100% sure its GearInfo. did you try without it loaded then again with it loaded?

So what was happening was I was doing Ambuscade and when we would enter everyone would start to buff up, I'd use Hasso, Meditate and as soon as I used my Spirit Link macro the game instantly locked and crashed. Reloading the game I would manually load the addon. Cycle repeated 4 times before I stopped manually loading the addon and crash stopped for 4 runs, so manually loaded again and crashed as soon as I used it again.

My Spirit Link macro does have gear changes so I am not sure if it's related to the gear I change to or not.

Edit:
Spirit Link set equips;
Vishap Armet +2
Pratik Earring
Peltast's Vambraces +1
Vishap Brais +1
Wyrm Greaves +2
Brigantia's Mantle

ok kool, i need you to send me the file in the data folder with your character's name _data.lua, send it to my email, sebyg666@hotmail.com please. will help me narrow down stuff, im gona guess an item is causing an infinite loop. either way im sorry for the inconvenience. ill sort it asap.
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-07 15:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

heads up, the windower devs kindly fixed the issue of incomplete descriptions in the resources, therefor now items like the herculean boots should be complete and the missing PDT from them will now be correctly parssed. To take into account the new resources do a //gi parse after hitting your windower launcher.
[+]
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-07 16:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I need some clarification on set bonuses. Does the empyrean sets +2 work with the reforged emperean sets NQ and +1 Bonuses?

and does this pattern apply across the board, where an upgraded version of a set that has a different name still applies?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14