2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 121 122 123
By SimonSes 2021-07-10 21:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dade said: »
Shinryu out rounding Blurred in normal DD gear was unexpected. In any case ***seems pretty legit to me.

In your previous example you had uncapped accuracy on offhand with Blurred (75% hit rate or something) which would be the reason that Shinryu outround it, if you have used the same setup again.
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-07-10 22:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Hades.Dade said: »
Shinryu out rounding Blurred in normal DD gear was unexpected. In any case ***seems pretty legit to me.

In your previous example you had uncapped accuracy on offhand with Blurred (75% hit rate or something) which would be the reason that Shinryu outround it, if you have used the same setup again.

Woops ill edit and fix that. Seemed super off blurred didnt out tp others should have checked acc.
By SimonSes 2021-07-11 02:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This also shows how much better is accuracy on Shinryu tho, even that blurred isn't exactly low acc offhand too.
By Vaerix 2021-07-12 03:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
So I didn't see this listed anywhere specifically apart from the mob families themselves, but I made a similar post on the thief forms and I thought it would be useful to post it here as well for reference. I've compiled a list of all the mob resistances in sheol C for both piercing and slashing. In sheol C beasts, arcana, and demons are resistant to piercing, and aquans and undead are resistant to slashing, so I made a quick list of every mob that shows up from those families as a simple reference point.

I don't know all the leaden camps off the top of my head, but if someone else does I'll add them in. Otherwise I'll just experiment and add them as I go.

----------------------------------------------------------
Sheol C Mobs Resistant to Piercing

Beasts - Coeurl (Lynx), Manticore, Rabbit, Sheep (black variant), Ram, Tiger, Behemoth, Cerberus
Arcana - Bombs (triple cluster), Evil Weapons, Khimaira
Demon -- Imps, Soulflayers, Chaos Steward (dvergr)
Agon Mobs - Mamool Ja
Piercing resistant - Skeletons

Sheol C Mobs Resistant to Slashing

Aquans - Crab, Sea Monk, Pugil
Undead - Skeleton, Doomed, Hound, Ghost, Qubtrub
Agon Mobs - Lamia

Sheol C Mobs weak to Leaden Salute (possibly incomplete)

Beasts: Coeurl (Lynx), Marid, Rabbit, Sheep (black variant), Ram
Aquans: Crab, Sea Monk, Pugil
Other mob families - Marid, Puk, Mamool Ja

Sheol C Mobs weak to Wildfire (possibly incomplete)

Undead: Skeleton, Ghost

----------------------------------------------------------

Buddy Cors tested Leaden VS Wyvern and Wyvern NM(Lotanu IIRC) better damage than Savage.
 Asura.Aessk
Server: Asura
user: Hobbes423
By Asura.Aessk 2021-07-12 03:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You could also add that quatrab are weak to Hot Shot. Usually doing max damage. Accuracy isn't great on the top floor though.
By Vaerix 2021-07-12 04:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

New Shinryu Ring let's you equip carmine(hq) gloves for flurry 1 preshot now. The current flurry 1 set has 57 snapshot, 49 rapid shot, my proposed changes would give 55 snapshot, 60 rapid shot capping under the effects of flurry1.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-07-12 11:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »
New Shinryu Ring let's you equip carmine(hq) gloves for flurry 1 preshot now. The current flurry 1 set has 57 snapshot, 49 rapid shot, my proposed changes would give 55 snapshot, 60 rapid shot capping under the effects of flurry1.

You should be able to cap already with 2100 job points.

snap reduction caps @ 70%. Effectively needing 60 snap in preshot to cap.

These are the numbers in my current sets.

-- PRESHOT Sets
-- standard set 66 SNAP 29 Rapid
-- flurry set 52 SNAP 49 Rapid
-- flurry2 set 32 SNAP 72 Rapid

-- Flurry levels are 15% flurry1 and 30% flurry2

Code
    sets.precast.RA = {     
		ammo =gear.RAbullet,
		head=gear.taeon_snap_head, --10 SNAP
		body="Oshosi Vest +1",  --14 SNAP
		hands={ name="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1", augments={'Rng.Atk.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12','"Store TP"+6',}},  -- 8 SNAP 11 RAPID
		legs=gear.adhemar_rapid_legs,  --10 SNAP 13 RAPID
		feet="Meg. Jam. +2",  --10 SNAP
		neck={ name="Comm. Charm +2", augments={'Path: A',}},  --4 SNAP
		waist="Yemaya Belt",  --5 RAPID
		back=gear.snapshot_jse_back,  --10 SNAP
	}

sets.precast.RA.Flurry = {
		ammo =gear.RAbullet,
		body="Laksa. Frac +3",  --20 RAPID
		hands={ name="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1", augments={'Rng.Atk.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12','"Store TP"+6',}},  -- 8 SNAP 11 RAPID
	}

sets.precast.RA.Flurry2 = {
		ammo =gear.RAbullet,
		head="Chass. Tricorne +1",  --14 RAPID
		feet={ name="Pursuer's Gaiters", augments={'Rng.Acc.+10','"Rapid Shot"+10','"Recycle"+15',}},  --10 RAPID
	}
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-07-12 11:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume Vaurix is going off of preshot sets in guide. You could use Taeon head, but other snapshot set is better.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-07-12 11:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
I assume Vaurix is going off of preshot sets in guide. You could use Taeon head, but other snapshot set is better.

Yea the guide has 3 more rapid. I was capping snap with my sets before this ring.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-07-12 11:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand your post?
The sets in guide have capped Snapshot(SU5) and more rapid shot then yours.
Vaerix points out with the ring you can get more rapid shot now.

Edit: to be clear I am missing something here?

in guide:
No Flurry : 32 rapid shot
FLurry 1: 52(no ring) 62 (with ring)
FLurry 2: 73
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-07-12 11:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I was reading his post differently; I apologize. My initial take was on this being relevant for snapshot, but indeed its a net gain for rapid shot :P

Ignore me. Now to compare the rapid gain to the inventory slot :)
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-07-12 16:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

All good I just assumed I was dumb as ***.
By Vaerix 2021-07-12 18:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Vaerix said: »

You should be able to cap already with 2100 job points.

snap reduction caps @ 70%. Effectively needing 60 snap in preshot to cap.

These are the numbers in my current sets.

-- PRESHOT Sets
-- standard set 66 SNAP 29 Rapid
-- flurry set 52 SNAP 49 Rapid
-- flurry2 set 32 SNAP 72 Rapid

-- Flurry levels are 15% flurry1 and 30% flurry2

Code
    sets.precast.RA = {     
		ammo =gear.RAbullet,
		body="Oshosi Vest +1",  --14 SNAP
	}

sets.precast.RA.Flurry = {
		ammo =gear.RAbullet,
	}

sets.precast.RA.Flurry2 = {
		ammo =gear.RAbullet,
		head="Chass. Tricorne +1",  --14 RAPID
		feet={ name="Pursuer's Gaiters", augments={'Rng.Acc.+10','"Rapid Shot"+10','"Recycle"+15',}},  --10 RAPID
	}

I don't know if I was misunderstood or what, but let me clarify my statement, it was late when I posted.

Currently without flurry, you need 70 snapshot to cap, and any rapid shot on top of that is added benefit.

The set on the front page for flurry 1 has 47 snapshot in gear(accounting for the 10 snap from JP also) if we switch from relic+3 hands(13 snap/0 Rapid) to carmine hq(8 snap/11 rapid) and new shinryu ring, we get a beautiful 45 snap and pick up 11 rapid.

If for some reason someone has the adoulin snap shot ring, in the flurry 2 set they can drop the adhemar legs for pursuers pants and pick up 6 more rapid shot with the 2 rings.

I wasn't saying this is a game changing thing, but it helps level out shot speeds between flurry1 and flurry2. And putting new equipment to good use.

I can feel the difference between flurry1 and 2 with my ranged attack timing, this should bring it closer to not noticing the loss of 23 rapid shot activation. Getting 2 non rapid shots back to back feels extremely slow, this should help ensure that happens less often.

Edit:

Also noticed this afterward looking at your sets closer, if you drop your Taeon snapshot Helm period to make space for the snap ring, and just use empy+1 Helm in both sets, you come out with 69/70 snap with no flurry +14 rapid (could swap belt to impulse for 72/70 snap and still a net gain of 9 rapid)

And your flurry 1 set would be... 45 snap(from gear) and the extra 14 rapidshot. Which looks to me like 0 inv pain and better RA sets. Idk if you use your snapshot Helm elsewhere but I can't imagine you do with dusk and leaf tied up in snapshot.
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-07-18 10:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So I got a chance to try out Hot Shot a little bit in Sheol C and it turns out there is a camp where it really shines. Qubtrubs resist slashing (all undead do in sheol C) and have no native piercing or fire resistance, so hot shot has been outperforming savage there. With the way hot shot's TP bonus scales I've been firing it off at around 1500-2k TP and more often than not I wind up hitting the damage cap. This is the gear set I've been using.

ItemSet 380936

All 5 of my Nyame pieces are currently rank 13, so they aren't even maxed out just yet. I know that qubtrubs take enhanced damage but I don't think 99k is standard even for them. The nyame gear is definitely the way to go with hot shot because of how WSD gets factored into hybrid weaponskills twice, and nyame has a ton of stats that impact both the physical as well as the magical portion. It's really good with hot shot in the same way it works so well on ninja's hybrid weaponskills.
By SimonSes 2021-07-18 11:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Qubtrubs resist slashing (all undead do in sheol C)

My 95k Savage Blades (on WAR) and 40k crit rounds with Ukon say otherwise.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-07-18 11:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I would not use the same set for wildfire and hot shot, one is magical and the other is a hybird.

If capped racc relic feet should be better then nyame. Also not sure on fotia belt
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-18 11:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

My 95k Savage Blades and 40k crit rounds with Ukon say otherwise.
Qutrubs do "resist" slashing since they're undead, but they take double slashing damage normally so it just cancels out to normal slashing damage. Hitting them with Banish cancels out most of the resist so they take enhanced damage again.
By SimonSes 2021-07-18 11:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »

My 95k Savage Blades and 40k crit rounds with Ukon say otherwise.
Qutrubs do "resist" slashing since they're undead, but they take double slashing damage normally so it just cancels out to normal slashing damage. Hitting them with Banish cancels out most of the resist so they take enhanced damage again.

It can't cancel to normal slashing damage. My normal Savage Blades are more like 50-55k and on Outrubs it's 90k+.

So if anything it's 87,5%x2 or 87,5%+100%, so they take 175% or 187,5% Saying it's resisted damage is kinda missleading, it's slightly less boosted than for other weapons.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-18 11:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

My Torcleavers do similar damage or a bit more to Sheol C Qutrubs as they do to neutral enemies, like Tigers. Are you sure you're not talking about damage after Banish or Tomahawk?

Maybe it's 100% + 100% - 50% = 150% (though that wouldn't fit with how other enemies calculate the two effects), and they just tend to have higher defense than most enemies because of the AoE Protect WS.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-07-18 12:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I would not use the same set for wildfire and hot shot, one is magical and the other is a hybird.

If capped racc relic feet should be better then nyame. Also not sure on fotia belt

Sorry, the gear set was mislabeled. That isn't my wildfire set. I copied the base template from the ranger form where Demhar posted a flaming arrow/hot shot set a few pages back. I labeled it as Wildfire/Hot shot but I meant for it to say flaming arrow/hot shot. I just renamed it to hot shot since that's what it's for, and cor can't use flaming arrow and ranger doesn't have cor jse anyway.

I'm also unsure whether or not Nyame Mail and Solerettes are better or worse than Lanun Frac +3 and Lanun Bottes +3, nor the fotia belt versus orpheus's sash. Hybrid weaponskills calculate the physical and magic halves separately. Since WSD is factored into both halves nyame gets to double dip in the equation, and it's heavy on ranged stats for the first half and magic stats for the second half. The damage increase ninja's hybrid weaponskills get from nyame is pretty absurd, which is why I just went 5/5 for an initial test. It's possible relic feet and body are just that strong and belong in there anyway. What do you guys think are optimal in those slots?
By SimonSes 2021-07-18 12:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
My Torcleavers do similar damage or a bit more to Sheol C Qutrubs as they do to neutral enemies, like Tigers. Are you sure you're not talking about damage after Banish or Tomahawk?

Maybe it's 100% + 100% - 50% = 150% (though that wouldn't fit with how other enemies calculate the two effects), and they just tend to have higher defense than most enemies because of the AoE Protect WS.

Nah only person that can use tomahawk is me (and I didn't use it) and I doubt we had banishga, but I can't be sure about that.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-07-18 12:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never hit the damage cap with my savage blades on corsair though, even on qubtrubs. With hot shot I'm capping damage pretty consistently at 1500-2k TP, and my name isn't even R20 yet. That's the main takeaway. I wonder if there are any other instances where you would want to use hot shot over the other options.

EDIT: I should probably mention that I'm using Fomalhaut. I've only tried hot shot on qubtrubs twice so far, so I'm not sure exactly where the tp "sweet spot" is. I've generally tried to weaponskill around 2000-2500 effective tp.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-07-19 22:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking with others this should be best snapshot stuff now but correct me if i am wrong
Code
 sets.precast.RA = {ammo=gear.RAbullet,neck="Comm. Charm +2", -- in gear 60 Snapshot 35 rapid
        head={ name="Taeon Chapeau", augments={'"Snapshot"+5','"Snapshot"+5',}},
        body="Laksa. Frac +3",
		hands={ name="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1", augments={'Rng.Atk.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12','"Store TP"+6',}}, 
    legs="Laksa. Trews +3",
        back=gear.MEVA, 
		waist="Yemaya Belt", 
		feet="Meg. Jam. +2", 
		ring1="Crepuscular Ring"} 

sets.precast.RA.Flurry = set_combine(sets.precast.RA, {head="Chasseur's Tricorne +1", legs={ name="Adhemar Kecks +1", augments={'AGI+12','"Rapid Shot"+13','Enmity-6',}},}) --45Snap 63 rapid
	sets.precast.RA.Flurry2 = set_combine(sets.precast.RA, {feet="Pursuer's Gaiters"}) --35 Snap 73 rapid
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-07-20 00:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

can I ask why so many CORs are so fascinated with AF legs for preshot? They're not needed to hit 60 snap even, and by using Adhemar path D you gain Rapid Shot while remaining capped in Snap without excess gear.

EDIT: better to eat crow quickly when a mistake is made, and do so publicly rather than hide in a PM, so I will fully admit that the ring allows a new build that results in 2 more Rapid Shot in a "no flurry" preshot set vs prior builds. Completely jumped on someone due to outside influences unrelated to this topic.

It is possible without AF+3 gear to build a 59snap/39rapid no Flurry set which is what I currently run with the Ring, but if hitting a true 60 is your first priority without Flurry, the set above results in the most Rapid Shot while still maintaining it.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-07-20 09:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you saying 59snap 39 rapid is better then 60 snap and 35 rapid?
 Asura.Secare
user: secare
By Asura.Secare 2021-07-20 11:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bippin isn't your set actually 36 rapid shot? (20 body + 11 hands + 5 belt)

Switching the hands to Lanun +3 and legs to Adhemar Kecks +1 should give you an extra 2 rapid shot.

Taeon Chapeau (+10 snap)
Comm. Charm +2 (+4 snap)
Laksa. Frac +3 (+20 rapid)
Lanun Gants +3 (+13 snap)
Yemaya Belt (+5 rapid)
Camulus's Mantle (+10 snap)
Adhemar Kecks +1 (+10 snap, +13 rapid)
Meg. Jam. +2 (+10 snap)
Crepuscular Ring (+3 snap)
= 60 snap, 38 rapid
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-07-20 11:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes Secare you set should be better. Thank you
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-07-20 18:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Are you saying 59snap 39 rapid is better then 60 snap and 35 rapid?

I've found that the times where I'm shooting for TP on COR these days are limited to 3 scenarios:

1. Full shooting strat in which I'm guaranteed to have Flurry II.

2. Melee strat moments where shooting becomes necessary, but not preferred. Greatest example is Dyna-D on THF mobs after Perfect Dodge, or wave3(only) DRGs that pop Shock Spikes.

3. Currently without TP pre-pull, also in Dyna-D, where I will need to kill statues. Until I can engage a mob, less TP is fed to a statue in 2 shots then WS vs meleeing them to get that 1k TP. Once the pull is established in place and I can melee regular mobs, I then off-target WS statues vs shooting for TP.

The latter 2 situations will use my "no Flurry" set that we're comparing. I'm just never in a 100% shooting scenario without Flurry2.

In scenarios 2 and 3, excluding the wave3 NMs mentioned, its usually 2 or 3 shots fired. I'll give up 1 tick of snapshot for a little more rapid shot and hope for procs. On the NMs, those are tripleshot moments, and since these days its extremely rare to not have those rounds result in a rhythm of Tripleshot>WS>Tripleshot>WS>repeat, again, I'm not super concerned about it.

I'm not suggesting others give up the true cap of 60 for "my build"- I haven't parsed out any results to give evidence that its equal or better- its just a sacrifice I'm comfortable making because of how little I really shoot in a "No Flurry" set for extended periods.
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 121 122 123