Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 121 122 123
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-07-04 12:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be curious to know how hot shot with nyame compares to some of our other options as well. I only started augmenting my nyame over the past few days and I don't know anyone else who also brings cor to seg farms with decent ranks on theirs to ask, so up until now I haven't been able to gather any data on it. I'll definitely test it out when I get some more potent augs though. I also agree with you on the wildfire and leaden salute mobs from my personal memories, although I never tried leaden on the mamools. Up to now I've just used last stand on the mamools, so I look forward to giving it a go on my next run to see.

Interesting note. With the exception of puk, all the mobs you listed in the leaden weak category are of the same two families; aquans and beasts. So while you didn't mention it, I highly suspect that manticores also fall into the leaden category since they're also beasts.

Edit: Since the undead are both resistant to slashing and vulnerable to both piercing and wildfire, I HIGHLY suspect the best camps to test hot shot on are qubtrubs and ghosts. Skeletons not so much because 50% pierce resist, but I definitely want to get some hot shot + nyame numbers on the other undead.
By Vaerix 2021-07-04 13:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
although I never tried leaden on the mamools. Up to now I've just used last stand on the mamools, so I look forward to giving it a go on my next run to see.

Interesting note. With the exception of puk, all the mobs you listed in the leaden weak category are of the same two families; aquans and beasts. So while you didn't mention it, I highly suspect that manticores also fall into the leaden category since they're also beasts.

So the beast bit was brought up to me before by our groups warrior, and from what I've seen this isn't the case. I tested Leaden on Tigers and Manticor and while I was getting respectable numbers, (25-30k) it wasn't surpassing Savage (35k+ constant). On mamool you start seeing some beautiful numbers past 2k tp, if you can spare 1 extra round of melee you'll be seeing 50-60k (except on the cleric because it always seems to have shell V up especially given that dark shots are more important for the heretic). At 3k I've capped damage a couple times vs mamool which is also important in floor 4 for the NM circle (Praetor Invincible can be completely bypassed tp'ing on another mob and using leaden). Also edited previous post to add marid to leaden useful because I forgot again.

Part of me wishes I was still on Cor for segment farms but our Run had some RL stuff to take care of and I've always loved that job too.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-07-04 13:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotchya. Like I said, I haven't had enough time to test out on all the families to find out what's best everywhere yet. That's part of why I want to compile a quick reference list in the first place. Both for my benefit as well as as anyone else's. For now I'll just list the mobs you confirmed. I do seem to recall sharing the same experiences on most of those families but some of them are a bit fuzzy and a couple I didn't try myself. I'll keep updating as necessary moving forward to try and get the list as comprehensive and accurate as possible. Thank you for the input. I appreciate it.
[+]
 Asura.Msmissy
Server: Asura
user: msmissy
By Asura.Msmissy 2021-07-07 16:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If this has been asked, I apologize, but 91 pages is a lot to go through.

At what point do herc gloves win over carmine+1?
[+]
By Meeeeeep 2021-07-08 11:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Any thoughts on whether the new dagger with change the current OH hierarchy?
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-07-08 12:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeeeeep said: »
Any thoughts on whether the new dagger with change the current OH hierarchy?

Pretty sure its better than gleti for savage.

Leaden would have to figure out math on 3% bonus but its prob situational vs tauret.

I have no clue how effective the tp drain is, I didn't play late abyseaa for 1.0 dagger.
By SimonSes 2021-07-08 12:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dade said: »
Pretty sure its better than gleti for savage.

For capped attack it probably is, but uncapped attack Gleti's 65 attack should easily beat slightly better TP gain.

For capped attack blurred+1 should be easily better than both anyway tho.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-07-08 13:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

I dont see why. Even if want to ignore spreadsheet, pretty much every other job moved away from blurred years ago.

Some situations I could see blurred being practically better, Ody C farm when going to 2 ws every mob anyways might as well just gear to fastest tp gain set. Or if your mages are *** and won't haste.
By SimonSes 2021-07-08 13:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont see why. Even if want to ignore spreadsheet, pretty much every other job moved away from blurred years ago.

Some situations I could see blurred being practically better, Ody C farm when going to 2 ws every mob anyways might as well just gear to fastest tp gain set. Or if your mages are *** and won't haste.

Every other job? Who exactly used blurred beside COR and why it suddenly become worse? What exactly Shinryu has to offer vs Blurred +1 for Savage build? Higher white damage? Its almost completely irrelevant in savage build on COR. Higher Savage Damage? It has no STR, MND or even attack. It has 5%QA, but offhand hits and MA proc hits on Savage Blade at 2250TP+ are minor damage and we are talking about small increase to that marginal damage and we need to assume you even have enough accuracy to land sub hand and additional hit. So whats left? 5%QA for TP. That doesnt beat Blurred's 45%OAT even in this pure glass cannon multi-attack set posted in this guide, not to mention some malignance based storeTP focused TP set.

EDIT: I checked last COR sheet I had and updated it with gear. It shows slight lead for Crepuscular dagger, but in practical scenario Im not sure if that will be also true. That lead is based on fact, that you can nicely spread 5% randomness of QA into avg. In reality tho 95 out of 100 Savage Blades will be "weaker" (with slightly less tp overflow or with better WS frequency), while 5 will be stronger, because QA will proc. If that 5 will happen when you kill shot something anyway, all that lead is lost.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-07-08 16:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Every other job? Who exactly used blurred beside COR and why it suddenly become worse? What exactly Shinryu has to offer vs Blurred +1 for Savage build? Higher white damage? Its almost completely irrelevant in savage build on COR. Higher Savage Damage? It has no STR, MND or even attack. It has 5%QA, but offhand hits and MA proc hits on Savage Blade at 2250TP+ are minor damage and we are talking about small increase to that marginal damage and we need to assume you even have enough accuracy to land sub hand and additional hit. So whats left? 5%QA for TP. That doesnt beat Blurred's 45%OAT even in this pure glass cannon multi-attack set posted in this guide, not to mention some malignance based storeTP focused TP set.

I think undervaluing white damage or spreadsheet is, not sure on which. In a practical world if the absorb is even marginal useful I'm pretty sure its going to be default offhand.

I added naegl mod to spreadsheet which pulls blurred closer but here are numbers i have:

That is without CHR mod on WS which is goin to take longer to add then currently have.

spreadsheet:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iHk6qIUWqfLhA99VkG6ueWXvHrCBBr5Q/view?usp=sharing

Shirnyu dagger CHR bonus is not yet added(may add after i go to gym), Naegl attack bonus is not implemented. Fixed error in some nyame. Feel free to look over any errors. Tauret bonus to evi needs to be added also.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-07-08 16:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Feel free to look over any errors.

Blurred OAT is believed to be 45% I think right? In COR sheet (including yours) it has 40% for some reason.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-07-08 16:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Feel free to look over any errors.

Blurred OAT is believed to be 45% I think right? In COR sheet (including yours) it has 40% for some reason.

Have a citation? I didnt add it. It was Chiaia or whoever was doing sheet before that.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-07-08 17:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Not me was in there before me and other sheets too. I've always questioned blurred weapons and Dem degan. I could never find a source for either years ago. Made notes of that when I first took it over.

Really wish SE would give us a test dummy like almost every other mmo has.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-08 17:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

To my knowledge, all standard OAT weapons are 45%, with no exceptions.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-07-08 18:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I can swap it if yall want. Would in general rather see a link to a bg test or something but I'm way too lazy to test it myself.

I'm going to assume this dagger is a 1 off thing like utu and not a forerunner of new class of ws mod items so just goin to add a special case for it in ws calc. Going to assume it works in MH and offhand for now too.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-07-08 18:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a few utu like items floating around now. I'm pretty sure there were 2 or 3 of the mog bonanza exclusive ones that have them.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-07-08 18:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
There are a few utu like items floating around now. I'm pretty sure there were 2 or 3 of the mog bonanza exclusive ones that have them.

True, problem is if you treat it as a general stat added 7 new stats slots for gear over like 3 items. Guess I'm open to a more elegant solution if anyone has one.
By SimonSes 2021-07-08 18:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

True, problem is if you treat it as a general stat added 7 new stats slots for gear over like 3 items. Guess I'm open to a more elegant solution if anyone has one.

I wouldnt bother. Those other items cant be used by COR anyway. Just add +IF in WSC cells.
By Afania 2021-07-09 00:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Not me was in there before me and other sheets too. I've always questioned blurred weapons and Dem degan. I could never find a source for either years ago. Made notes of that when I first took it over.

I think neo/nocki tested it with parse addon years ago. Couldnt find the result on forum atm though.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-07-09 18:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

I think neo/nocki tested it with parse addon years ago. Couldnt find the result on forum atm though.

any clue on if it was 40 or 45? on the fence whether to change it or not.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-09 18:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Campaign fortifications are pretty good test dummies.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-07-09 18:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Campaign fortifications are pretty good test dummies.
They're ok but iirc don't they disappear, not targetable, when campaign isn't up, buff or no buff?

It's been many many years since I used them for anything.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-09 19:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did a random test using a Demersal Degen +1 and no other multi attack.

593 rounds
319 single swings
274 double swings

46.2% OAT rate measured.

If Demersal has a 40% OAT rate, there's only a ~0.1% chance of getting this many multi-attacks or more.

If Demersal has a 50% OAT rate, there's only a ~3.5% chance of getting this many multi-attacks or less.

It's almost certain that Demersal Degen is 45%, especially if you consider only 40% and 45% to be possibilities.
[+]
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-07-09 19:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Just did a random test using a Demersal Degen +1 and no other multi attack.

593 rounds
319 single swings
274 double swings

46.2% OAT rate measured.

If Demersal has a 40% OAT rate, there's only a ~0.1% chance of getting this many multi-attacks or more.

If Demersal has a 50% OAT rate, there's only a ~3.5% chance of getting this many multi-attacks or less.

It's almost certain that Demersal Degen is 45%, especially if you consider only 40% and 45% to be possibilities.

Degen i had at 45 and i think was documented somewhere, blurred was one i havent seen anything for, thx for checking though.

About to upload a spreadsheet with chr bonus and a few other small fixes tonight.

EDIT: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ENytXgQo2qzMwWXfVIK1IMI1w0Icb7ae/view?usp=sharing

Added Tauret/Evi calcs and Shinryu dagger WS mod. made some headway on PDL will work on that Monday assuming work stays slow. If any errors let me know, I haven't put a ton of time into error testing.

does anyone know if WSC is floored after every mod is calced or each step? right now it does floor(stat1*mod1+stat2*mod2...) and seems more likely its floor(stat1*mod1)+floor(stat2*mod2)... prob small and doesnt matter either way
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-09 20:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone lend me a Blurred Knife +1 on Asura and I'll test that too.
By Afania 2021-07-09 20:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

any clue on if it was 40 or 45? on the fence whether to change it or not.

It was 45. Took me hours to find that post lol.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/29127/random-question-thread-ffxi-related/526/#3326110

https://www.ffxivpro.com/forum/topic/48957/gearing-newly-99-cor/
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-07-09 20:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice digging and damn I guess I was the one that said 40% but I hadn't saved the data and should probably retest since it conflicted. I would of also used the parse addon.

Sorry for misremembering from 3.5 years ago my bad.

Thanks for finding that Afania.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-09 20:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll test it in 20 minutes or so, someone just lent me a Blurred Knife +1.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-09 21:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Blurred Knife +1

747 Rounds
400 Single Hits
347 Double Hits
46.45% OAT

If Blurred Knife +1 has a 40% OAT rate, there's only a ~0.02% chance of getting this many multi-attacks or more.

If Blurred Knife +1 has a 50% OAT rate, there's only a ~2.85% chance of getting this many multi-attacks or less.

Blurred Knife +1 is extremely likely to be 45% OAT.
[+]
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-07-10 19:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Edited for acc error in normal dd set + blurred

Figured with effort put into running down this ***would redo the numbers. Haven't uploaded blurred on google drive but changed it to 45.

The proc for the hp/mp/tp drain is obv not modeled. Assuming WS mod will work on offhand will change if its otherwise.

Also did rnds to WS:

Sets:
Malig:ItemSet 380734
DD:ItemSet 380737
Savage:ItemSet 380738

So for situations don't really care about white damage/total ws dmg and favor wsfreq blurred has a place. For straight dmg new dagger seems way to go.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 121 122 123