Worst COR ever.....
[+]
 Asura.Valguard
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: himself87
By Asura.Valguard 2018-07-24 15:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol. Yes, Yes Good. Share your pain. Your suffering.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-07-24 15:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dasoccer said: »
Your text to link here...

Your text to link here...

Worst COR ever.....
ouch
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-31 10:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Rostam works on off-hand.

COR/NIN
Fettering Blade/Rostam naked else wise. Rolled with it in off-hand as well
[+]
By Afania 2018-07-31 10:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Rostam works on off-hand.

COR/NIN
Fettering Blade/Rostam naked else wise. Rolled with it in off-hand as well

1) Do they stack if you equip 2?
2) If you remove the dagger do you still get dt-?
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-31 10:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

will test, I confirmed it does not work on party member
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-31 11:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

daggers do stack I took 842 with NQ+HQ(2)

expected would be 16% so that falls in line

edit: rolled with them on then unequipped them and took full damage 1000
[+]
By Afania 2018-07-31 11:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

daggers do stack I took 842 with NQ+HQ(2)

expected would be 16% so that falls in line

edit: rolled with them on then unequipped them and took full damage 1000

So why were there contradicting testimonials when they release? This result is exact opposite to original tests. People need to stop spreading false rumors....
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-07-31 11:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The question I have now is whether the DT applies to rolls you receive from others. Two Rostam and four rolls would be 48% DT... Heck.
By Afania 2018-07-31 11:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you do one more test Tora? Thanks.

Roll without the dagger, then equip them, does dt- still apply?

Im just brainstroming practical use of it atm, and wondering if they can be used as dt swaps in main hand and sub slot.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-31 13:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I can test in about an hour
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-31 13:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so after doing some more testing, its ANY rolls. I rolled 2 rolls from a mule, dropped party, then had my 2 rolls and took 683
4 rolls * 8 (6HQ2 +2 NQ) = 32%

So yes with 4 rolls and dual wielding daggers you would have 48% DT

So bard would be:
8 songs * 6 (3(HQ2)+ 3(HQ2)) = 48% DT
[+]
By Afania 2018-07-31 14:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so after doing some more testing, its ANY rolls. I rolled 2 rolls from a mule, dropped party, then had my 2 rolls and took 683

So bard would be:

So any time you swap in Rostam x2 with 4 rolls on you get 48 DT-? Even if you did not roll with Rostam macroed in for PR?

Inc 50 DT- 3000 HP build with Rostam x2 for oh ***moment?
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-31 14:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

So bard would be:

So any time you swap in Rostam x2 with 4 rolls on you get 48 DT-? Even if you did not roll with Rostam macroed in for PR?

Right I had 2 rolls with Rostam on(self rolled), then 2 rolls from my mule rolled on me with Rostam off. I got 32% DT which would 8% per roll (6 from HQ2 and 2 from NQ). I don't have 2 Rostam. So yes with 2 rolls and 2 Rostam, you would be a macro away from 24%DT if you had Dual Wield SJ.

EDIT: Isnt there a 4 roll per player maximum? I say 4 COR pt. 8 rolls, take no damage!!
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-07-31 14:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Neat, a hybrid/defensive set in just swapping out weapons..
By Afania 2018-07-31 14:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So bard would be:

Right I had 2 rolls with Rostam on(self rolled), then 2 rolls from my mule rolled on me with Rostam off. I got 32% DT which would 8% per roll (6 from HQ2 and 2 from NQ). I don't have 2 Rostam.

I mean, roll without Rostam first, then swap in rostam, do you still get dt?

Im asking because if its not necessary to equip rostam for rolls, then cor doesn't need to lose tp to get the massive dt effect. They could just swap in the weapon anytime they need to tank or kite, as its part of dt- set like earth staff.

Also its 6% dt x number of rolls on? So single wield rostam with 2 rolls = 12 dt, dual wield = 24 dt?

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »

Exactly my thought, better if we get dt effect without having to do PR with it, losing tp suck.

Edit: also since rostam has 150 hp each.... holy @3500 hp 50 dt turtle set >.>
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-31 15:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So bard would be:

Right I had 2 rolls with Rostam on(self rolled), then 2 rolls from my mule rolled on me with Rostam off. I got 32% DT which would 8% per roll (6 from HQ2 and 2 from NQ). I don't have 2 Rostam.

I mean, roll without Rostam first, then swap in rostam, do you still get dt?

Im asking because if its not necessary to equip rostam for rolls, then cor doesn't need to lose tp to get the massive dt effect. They could just swap in the weapon anytime they need to tank or kite, as its part of dt- set like earth staff.

Also its 6% dt x number of rolls on? So single wield rostam with 2 rolls = 12 dt, dual wield = 24 dt?

Exactly my thought, better if we get dt effect without having to do PR with it, losing tp suck.
Well since my mule put on 2 rolls and i didnt have the Rostam equipped isnt that the same thing? The Rostam does not have to be equipped when receiving the rolls.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-07-31 15:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The weapon must be equipped to get the DT. I don't think they're really swaps. If you have two rostram, you're up 100 racc, a *** of macc, and whatever the augments bring. It seems like this weapon has transformed Cor into some god tier job. BIS for melee, ranged, and magic while giving you 48% DT in every set.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-31 15:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »

The weapon must be equipped to get the DT. I don't think they're really swaps. If you have two rostram, you're up 100 racc, a *** of macc, and whatever the augments bring. It seems like this weapon has transformed Cor into some god tier job. BIS for melee, ranged, and magic while giving you 48% DT in every set.
With all that being said I will start the bidding at 600m :)
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-07-31 16:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, COR has been pretty godly in terms of damage and support for quite some time. I guess SE decided we get to survive everything, too.
 Asura.Sanosuke
user: sanosuke9
By Asura.Sanosuke 2018-07-31 16:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Qultada become the cors new favourite trust?
By Afania 2018-07-31 17:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems like this weapon has transformed Cor into some god tier job. BIS for melee, ranged, and magic while giving you 48% DT in every set.

If we can use savage blade with 2 Rostams then.... sure?

Did some quick spreadsheet check, In lowest acc set offhand Rostam instead of blurred +1 results 3% dps decrease. The gap increase further with more acc swaps since blurred performs best in low MA sets.

3% dps lose for 12% DT with 2 rolls, I can see it being a decent trade for dt swap sometimes. In those rare scenerios that we get 4 rolls, its 3% dps for 24% DT, pretty good for offhand if surviability matters. Probably one of the best choice for hybrid set.

48% DT via dual wielding is not realistic in anyway. Last stand is garbage in high level content melee setup, and in rng or mage setup we dont get hit, so sacrificing rapid shot or mab on alternative options for dt doesn't seem to worth it. I dont see how it can be god tier. Maybe only on 1 or 2 nms with hate reset and such.

If Rostam can be augmented with something like str 20 mnd 20, mab 30 or something then its another story. It will be the real BiS for DPS AND surviability. But as of now, its not really bis for dps, just surviability.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-07-31 17:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone crafting +2 necks?
By Nyarlko 2018-07-31 18:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems like this weapon has transformed Cor into some god tier job. BIS for melee, ranged, and magic while giving you 48% DT in every set.

Did some quick spreadsheet check, In lowest acc set offhand Rostam instead of blurred +1 results 3% dps decrease. The gap increase further with more acc swaps since blurred performs best in low MA sets.

3% dps lose for 12% DT with 2 rolls, I can see it being a decent trade for dt swap sometimes. In those rare scenerios that we get 4 rolls, its 3% dps for 24% DT, pretty good for offhand if surviability matters. Probably one of the best choice for hybrid set.

48% DT via dual wielding is not realistic in anyway. Last stand is garbage in high level content melee setup, and in rng or mage setup we dont get hit, so sacrificing rapid shot or mab on alternative options for dt doesn't seem to worth it. I dont see how it can be god tier. Maybe only on 1 or 2 nms with hate reset and such.

If Rostam can be augmented with something like str 20 mnd 20, mab 30 or something then its another story. It will be the real BiS for DPS AND surviability. But as of now, its not really bis for dps, just surviability.

The following is pure speculation:
From what they've said so far about the incoming augments, it sounds like they are basically using the Eschalixir augment model/system, with 4x paths each with a variable stat focus, and 5980RP required to max out an augment. That indicates a likely 3-stat per augment system, and given that the DMG ratings on these things are stupidly high to begin with, (the BST axe totally and completely stomps all existing axes for master melee DMG-rating wise for example,) I'm personally hoping that DMG+ will be excluded from at least the 1h weapons in favor of other stats. Given the rarity of materials and that they are intended to function as "rare, expensive, buyable RMEA weapon equivalents", I would absolutely not put previously unheard of values beyond the realm of possibility.

COR dagger could very easily have similar to:
A: AGI +30, Ranged Attack +50, Rapid Shot +10
B: AGI +20, Magic Attack Bonus +50, Quick Draw +30
C: Attack +50, Quadruple Attack +5%, Dual Wield +10%
D: Accuracy +50, Ranged Accuracy +50, Phantom Roll duration +50

None of the above would surprise me in the least. Other than the QA+5%, I actually do expect similar augs for the COR dagger to what I wrote above. My main concern atm is whether or not all 3x versions of the weapons will have identical augment stats, or if they will be tiered/nerfed based on HQ tier.. Main reason why I haven't bought one yet.. that, and haven't seen on AH... well, that, and I'm poor and can't afford any of them even if I did find 'em on the AH... <,<;;

(Again, the above is pure personal speculation. <,< Don't quote me as fact please.)
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-07-31 19:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »

The following is pure speculation:
From what they've said so far about the incoming augments, it sounds like they are basically using the Eschalixir augment model/system, with 4x paths each with a variable stat focus, and 5980RP required to max out an augment. That indicates a likely 3-stat per augment system, and given that the DMG ratings on these things are stupidly high to begin with, (the BST axe totally and completely stomps all existing axes for master melee DMG-rating wise for example,) I'm personally hoping that DMG+ will be excluded from at least the 1h weapons in favor of other stats. Given the rarity of materials and that they are intended to function as "rare, expensive, buyable RMEA weapon equivalents", I would absolutely not put previously unheard of values beyond the realm of possibility.

COR dagger could very easily have similar to:
A: AGI +30, Ranged Attack +50, Rapid Shot +10
B: AGI +20, Magic Attack Bonus +50, Quick Draw +30
C: Attack +50, Quadruple Attack +5%, Dual Wield +10%
D: Accuracy +50, Ranged Accuracy +50, Phantom Roll duration +50

None of the above would surprise me in the least. Other than the QA+5%, I actually do expect similar augs for the COR dagger to what I wrote above. My main concern atm is whether or not all 3x versions of the weapons will have identical augment stats, or if they will be tiered/nerfed based on HQ tier.. Main reason why I haven't bought one yet.. that, and haven't seen on AH... well, that, and I'm poor and can't afford any of them even if I did find 'em on the AH... <,<;;

(Again, the above is pure personal speculation. <,< Don't quote me as fact please.)

i want a path B and D.
By Afania 2018-07-31 19:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The augments definately could put Rostam into god tier position since its intended to be rema equivalent.

Cor kinda get the advantage that dagger and gun shares different slot, and D weapons can be dual wielded. Other jobss divergence weapon are competing with upgraded REMA, since 2h dd can only equip one weapon, augmented D weapon has to beat augmented REMA to be worth using. On the otherhand COR could use 3 DREAM weapons at once, more than most other jobs.

TRI-WIELD LEGENDARY
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-07-31 22:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Would you mind doing this test? 2 rolls with HQ and defending ring.
By hobo 2018-07-31 23:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

We got here a "he said she said situation", where I really want to believe the offhand, but conflicting reports. A video would be nice for working in offhand hell even a screenshot with equip + log.
[+]
By Foxfire 2018-07-31 23:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

conflicting, how?
By Afania 2018-07-31 23:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »
conflicting, how?

The first testimonial said dt doesn't work offhand and dt remains if you unequip the dagger.

Now the testimonial is exact opposite: it works offhand, effect stacks, and effect wears off if you unequip the dagger.

I mean, Tora posted screenshot so I do believe him, just cant help but feel one of the testimonial is trolling or something.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 121 122 123