Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 121 122 123
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-05-30 08:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So question about Doomsday.

I am 1 T4 from getting Fomalhaut, and I've got Molybdosis for Leaden salute, but I don't have Ataktos yet.

Does the WSD Augment on Doomsday work on Savage Blade, or is it just for ranged weaponskills? I'm thinking about Auging 20+ STR, ACC/ATK and keeping the WSD Augment on it for when I'm doing Savage spam until I can make an Ataktos? Will that work?
 Bismarck.Syuevil
Server: Bismarck
user: Syuevil
By Bismarck.Syuevil 2018-05-30 09:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
If you have Fomal and/or DP, you'll want to add in another check for your current weapon, or it'll trigger on non-Arma AM3's too.

Code
if spell.action_type == 'Ranged Attack' then
    if buffactive['Triple Shot'] then
        equip(sets.TripleShot)
        if buffactive['Aftermath: Lv.3'] and player.equipment.main == "Armageddon" then
            equip(set.TripleShotCritical)
        end
    elseif buffactive['Aftermath: Lv.3'] and player.equipment.main == "Armageddon" then
        equip(sets.midcast.RA.Critical)
    end
end

set.TripleShotCritical would just be partial swaps, like the pieces that Afa listed above.

Would it not be 'player.equipment.ranged' ? I'm still learning the lua language and I really appreciate the work you guys do. Scenarios like these are really helpful in figuring out your own rules and how to implement them effectively.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-05-30 09:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Syuevil said: »
Would it not be 'player.equipment.ranged' ?

Yes, sorry hehe. I copied that snippet over from my RUN lua for the reply... forgot to change the slot name ><
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-05-30 21:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
So question about Doomsday.

I am 1 T4 from getting Fomalhaut, and I've got Molybdosis for Leaden salute, but I don't have Ataktos yet.

Does the WSD Augment on Doomsday work on Savage Blade, or is it just for ranged weaponskills? I'm thinking about Auging 20+ STR, ACC/ATK and keeping the WSD Augment on it for when I'm doing Savage spam until I can make an Ataktos? Will that work?

The time and money spent augmenting a Doomsday for Savage is far better used just getting the Ataktos. Save yourself the hassle and just focus on trials, as there is absolutely nothing that compares to Ataktos for Savage.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-05-31 01:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Dumb question, and I'm sorry for asking it if it's been asked before.

Does the TP Bonus on Formalhaut do anything to melee weapons, or is it just the Magian Gun Exclusively? I know certain TP Bonus are unique.

Like Hagun/Martial Weapons only work for that weapon.
Magian Weapons work for all weapons/weaponskills.

What category does an Aeonic fall under?

I'm going to get both, I was just curious.
By Nyarlko 2018-05-31 02:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Dumb question, and I'm sorry for asking it if it's been asked before.

Does the TP Bonus on Formalhaut do anything to melee weapons, or is it just the Magian Gun Exclusively? I know certain TP Bonus are unique.

Like Hagun/Martial Weapons only work for that weapon.
Magian Weapons work for all weapons/weaponskills.

What category does an Aeonic fall under?

I'm going to get both, I was just curious.
Aeonic TP Bonus only applies to the weapon itself. The StoreTP still works on everything tho.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-03 13:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Great Guide.. beautifully designed!
I didn’t check the whole thread to see if it was mentioned before (my apologies if so), but what’s your thoughts on Volte Bastok Gear for COR Arislan, Afania?

Something like this:

ItemSet 359309
can keep adhemar hands there but with volte you get more AGI
For some reason Spreadsheet wont download...
By Afania 2018-06-03 13:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Great Guide.. beautifully designed!
I didn’t check the whole thread to see if it was mentioned before (my apologies if so), but what’s your thoughts on Volte Bastok Gear for COR Arislan, Afania?

Something like this:

ItemSet 359309
can keep adhemar hands there but with volte you get more AGI
For some reason Spreadsheet wont download...

Ok noticed ring/earrings slightly off on first page, fixed.

Point to point comparison:
Head:stp 6 v.s dead aim 12 = checked and dead aim wins.
Body: stp 10 v.s 7 stp 10% crit = checked and getting nosrich win.
Legs: 8 stp v.s 8 stp, except one has crit set bonus.
Feet: 6 stp v.s 7 stp and 4% crit, adhemar obviously wins.
Hands: 6 stp v.s 7..... You get the point.

Tl;Dr: the set listed on 1st page, 3/5 adhemar hq with set bonus, nosrich and megh +2 head should be BiS for TS down.

The stp on volte set isn't as high and they don't have set bonus. Only head has highest stp per slot and that slot is used for dead aim.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-03 14:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, I was able to download spreadsheet and listed Volte.
I can share it with you to take a look, but from whats there it seems Volte wins overall.

Please check it:
COR

I also added COR relic +3 and Herculean 15 AGI WSD 4%
Sets match Dream ones (settings should be clear)
By Afania 2018-06-03 15:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Hmmm, I was able to download spreadsheet and listed Volte.
I can share it with you to take a look, but from whats there it seems Volte wins overall.

Please check it:
COR

I also added COR relic +3 and Herculean 15 AGI WSD 4%
Sets match Dream ones and its on Ranged only.

I checked spreadsheet before I posted, just not getting volte winning.

Target crab,low pdif. 52 stp sam roll.

Front page set:690 dps
Change head to volte:674

Change target to capped pdif, megh still wins.

Changed body to volte: 672

Is your racc capped? If not then it could be the difference. Otherwise my spreadsheet isn't showing volte winning in any way.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-03 15:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah its capped, you can download the one I listed above.

Set 1 is your dream set and Set 2 is exactly the same with Volte switched in each slot.

Same settings for both everywhere.
By Afania 2018-06-03 15:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not possible.....Head and body is arguably more controversial, hands leg feet adhemar hq has higher stp AND crit rate set bonus. To the point that you can eyeball it.

Volte has hidden stat?
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-03 15:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the same until I was able to download your spreadsheet (stupid iMac)

Difference is like 100 or something in Set DPS with 4% lead for Volte.

Volte has no hidden stats, it only has TP1000 on body if you activate it (every 20 hours), I didn't factor that.
By Afania 2018-06-03 16:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Taking the look rq, jerkins stat was incorrect, missing 7 stp.

I think some high str from volte pushing the Ra dps higher against tougher mobs.

Edit: could be glitch, try to use volte in set 1.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-03 16:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Added STP 7 to body, went down to 3% lead for Volte.

STR could be the reason like you said.
Did you add dead aim to head?
I tried making head with critDMG 12% still Volte won.

Edit: something is off with (Set2) tried both on it gave different numbers from original with 2% lead again..

I think Volte Set is competitive nonetheless, maybe a mix of both is best.
By Afania 2018-06-03 17:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I think there's glitch between set 1 and 2. Flipping between both on set 1 the only slot that volte pulls ahead is legs.
 Cerberus.Boogs
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-06-03 18:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Some quick questions on the gear sets:

Since TP is lost when swapping weapons/sub-weapons... why do the mid-shot sets and crit sets suggest different weapons (EDIT: different from WS sets)? In fact, I was wondering why they would suggest weapons/subweapons at all. Shouldn't these be completely determined by what WS you want to use? Once you determine which WS will be used, your weapon/sub-weapon should be locked, no?
By Foxfire 2018-06-03 21:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boogs said: »

Since TP is lost when swapping weapons/sub-weapons... why do the mid-shot sets and crit sets suggest different weapons (EDIT: different from WS sets)? In fact, I was wondering why they would suggest weapons/subweapons at all. Shouldn't these be completely determined by what WS you want to use? Once you determine which WS will be used, your weapon/sub-weapon should be locked, no?
Because the weapons suggested for different WS (Leaden vs. Last Stand) in main/offhand have different benefits for those WS. It's not to say that you should be sticking to a certain weapon for your TP phase and a certain weapon for your WS set, but rather that you'll plan accordingly prior to the battle.

In other words, if you know you'll be spamming Leaden, you'll probably be running Fettering the whole time and Kustawi will have no place in your sets for the duration of that event (dynamis comes to mind). They're suggestions, but you're the one who ultimately decides what goes in those slots.

Similarly for melee, ofc. You won't swap out of anarchy/ataktos if you're only spamming Savage. etc.
 Cerberus.Boogs
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-06-03 21:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »

Because the weapons suggested for different WS (Leaden vs. Last Stand) in main/offhand have different benefits for those WS. It's not to say that you should be sticking to a certain weapon for your TP phase and a certain weapon for your WS set, but rather that you'll plan accordingly prior to the battle.

In other words, if you know you'll be spamming Leaden, you'll probably be running Fettering the whole time and Kustawi will have no place in your sets for the duration of that event (dynamis comes to mind). They're suggestions, but you're the one who ultimately decides what goes in those slots.

Similarly for melee, ofc. You won't swap out of anarchy/ataktos if you're only spamming Savage. etc.

You have said nothing different from what I posted. And I will restate my original question, in a slightly different way.

If the WS set completely determines the weapons used, then _any_ suggested weapon/sub-weapon in the TP sets should necessarily be ignored. (Yes, for some combinations they will happen to match). So why even have them there in the mid-shot sets?
By Foxfire 2018-06-03 22:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You have said nothing different from what I posted. And I will restate my original question, in a slightly different way.

If the WS set completely determines the weapons used, then _any_ suggested weapon/sub-weapon in the TP sets should necessarily be ignored. (Yes, for some combinations they will happen to match). So why even have them there in the mid-shot sets?
I mean, I answered the initial question - but anyway, I believe it's because as isolated incidents, Kustawi +1 is ideal/preferred for midshot in a typical setting thanks to r.acc/r.atk, and fettering for crit/am3 due to the crit rate+4%.

But yes, in the end it's more dependent on your actual needs.
By Afania 2018-06-03 22:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The fettering in crit am3 set is for that specific gun.

Am3 crit build uses fettering blade, even if ws is last stand. In that case if you leave fettering blade out of tp Set people would know not what to change.
 Cerberus.Boogs
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-06-04 10:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

The fettering in crit am3 set is for that specific gun.

Am3 crit build uses fettering blade, even if ws is last stand. In that case if you leave fettering blade out of tp Set people would know not what to change.

I see what you and Foxfire are sayin' now. I misinterpreted Foxfire's response, and after rereading through both your responses it all makes sense now.
By Trumpet 2018-06-19 08:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does /dnc need the amount of DW listed here? The sets all seem to be based off the DW cheat sheet on BGWiki's post linked, but that only accounts for capped gear haste, not haste samba. I'm probably just missing something obvious here, but since samba is JA haste it shouldn't it lower the requirements?

For example, at capped magic haste, instead of it being
((1-.36)(1024-256 Gear haste -448 magic haste)) / 1024 = .2 delay remaining

wouldn't it be
((1-.36)(1024-256 gear haste -448 magic haste -50 JA Haste))/1024 = .16875 delay remaining
aka below cap so effectively losing TP bc too much DW? Why wouldn't 24 DW work better than 36 there since the overall delay cap is 80%?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-06-19 08:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

/dnc only gets DW2 as a trait, which means it starts with -10% DW compared to /nin.
By Trumpet 2018-06-19 09:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I get that part, but that doesn't really explain what I'm asking. Guide says both /nin and /dnc both need to get to 36 DW, and nin starts with 25 vs dnc's 15. The number I'm questioning is the 36 DW for /dnc, since adding JA haste from samba should add to the haste side of the equation and lower the DW requirements as a result. That would change the DW number /dnc needs to get to for basically every haste level compared to /nin, even when accounting for DW2 vs DW3 from trait... unless I'm misunderstanding the formula on BG wiki.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-06-19 09:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, its most likely because /dnc is really only for the trait. sambas are such low duration that it usually isn't worth using it in most instances on most of the jobs that use it.

/dnc is more about having access to cure/erase Waltzes than anything else. And Steps.

I don't generally find myself using sambas because it's just generally a headache to keep them up.
By Trumpet 2018-06-19 09:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Only now that you've pointed it out do I realize samba isn't even listed as a reason to use /dnc under the subjob section, oops! That explains that for sure. I'll probably made another offense mode to toggle in the lua for it then because I still use it a bunch out of habit.

Thanks!
By Afania 2018-06-19 17:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Trumpet said: »
I get that part, but that doesn't really explain what I'm asking. Guide says both /nin and /dnc both need to get to 36 DW, and nin starts with 25 vs dnc's 15. The number I'm questioning is the 36 DW for /dnc, since adding JA haste from samba should add to the haste side of the equation and lower the DW requirements as a result. That would change the DW number /dnc needs to get to for basically every haste level compared to /nin, even when accounting for DW2 vs DW3 from trait... unless I'm misunderstanding the formula on BG wiki.

I'm going out and don't really have time to check the equation again. But if I remember correctly, the DW required from /NIN is the same as /DNC with samba up. If samba isn't up then you need 10% more dw. Basically you need a samba up and down set for /DNC.

Samba IS part of reason to sub dnc and if you can, it should be keep up. This is because /dnc with samba up actually has higher dps than /nin. Yes it can lose dps to use it, but you gonna minimize the lose to get the advantage. Recast samba when you over TP at 1350 helps, even before it wears.

Another way to do samba is to do qd in stp set when mobs are pulled, do samba before engage, that would minimize dps lose.

That being said, I usually ended up parse higher /nin due to not having to deal with ja. So the gap between paper dps and real scenerio is there. It depends in how well you manage the weakness of DNC.

On the other hand, unless you are playing with bad pt, waltz is the ja I would avoid using because it loses dps. But that's me, I'm more of a dd player than support.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-19 19:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I changed my dw augment to double attack on melee cape rather than making two. Good to know samba can fill the rest of the gap in because I didn't have any intention of making another one strictly for that support job
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 121 122 123