New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Feb 2018 Ambuscade Vol 1
Feb 2018 Ambuscade Vol 1
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 14 15 16
By ceinwyn 2018-02-09 18:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

just tried VE. sommersault kick did 2500 to everyone in my group... any ideas on what happened?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-09 19:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Only did it twice on my easy attempt, both under 1k.

If you were trying to zerg it down... its charging up is like pain sync, you killed yourselves.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-09 19:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody is saying it so I'll say it:

This month is all about monks. 6 monk subbing Ninja pure white damage. Happy troll.

-SE
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-09 19:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
So........ 3 MNK brd geo whm, never ws pure white damage.

Shout groups flat out cannot be trusted to "not ws during this time"
By clearlyamule 2018-02-09 19:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
The way its operating so far is as follows, can be confirmed by other groups if you wish:

If you do a physical WS and/or Enfeebling it generates this message:
The boss begins charging up.

If you WS/Enf. again it upgrades to "Boil Over" and gains access to [Nether Castigiation] which can be negated after 20'

If you WS/Enf. again it upgrades to "Miasma" and gains access to [Eisenschneider] which can be negated after 30'

Regarding Charger:
Absorbs damage during TP and almost all its moves are blink-able.
Ramparnt Stance takes all shadows out.
If you didn't spam Enfeebling Magic on it to force [Grace of Hera] each consecutive [Scintillant Lance] it uses gets an upgrade in damage, think of it as a counter.

Mine never gave boiling over at all, straight from charging to miasma
In a similar vein I just threw autos at it and they were non stop ws/skillchaining and it didn't start charging for awhile. Did go to boiling but never miasma and never tried to charge again.

Autos took 1722 and 1695 dmg from Nether castigation. Given their 1 difference in mdt/bdt it looks like it's just divided out magic or breath. I'll try to get them to match
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-02-09 19:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats impossible.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-09 19:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly it's not.

I had another attempt with full trusts and them spamming ws didnt start charging for quite a while.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-02-09 19:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant this:
Mine never gave boiling over at all, straight from charging to miasma

Page didn't load...
Order is Charging>Boiling>Miasma
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-02-09 19:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Possibly then just any sort of Enfeebling Magic and we can safely disregard physical weapon skills..based on Automation Test.

Although it will 100% start charging after [Infernal Bulwark]

Also Blink-Tanking is recommended. [RUN or NIN]
You can reverse Miasma back to Boiling with [Weaponskills or high damage?!] and not [SC] happened several times.
By clearlyamule 2018-02-09 20:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Also just did easy and yeah enfeebling started the charging and ws did boil but refused to miasma each time.

Also for some reason when castigation kills my autos dmg doesn't show in some logs but does other characters so parsing thru now
By clearlyamule 2018-02-09 20:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So with same dt autos are taking exactly the same amount of dmg

Logs being logs there might be some inaccuracies but total dmg between charging up and getting hit with Castigation the first time on easy was 53372.

Castigation did 10438 each to 2 autos with a grand total of ~ -65% dt. If we assume that was divided dmg that is effected by dt then the total before dt would have been 59645

2nd one I dealt 43330. Autos took 8534 so 48765 with same assumptions.

It's pretty close enough that maybe it's just a ws or something off but it does seem to be pain sync
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-02-09 21:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Will try to leave “The Charger” Alive and force it to Do [Grace of Hera] /even though it’s selftarget/ with Enfeebling spam after inflicting massive damage on The Retributionist then repeat..
If indeed it operates as Pain Sync then there must be a way to avoid it using [full erase TP moves]
The add name suggests otherwise though ....
By aigulfe 2018-02-09 21:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah idk what the exact charging > boil or miasma mechanic is but i dont think we have it right on this thread yet.

What I've seen (over the course of 5 runs, using 3 diff strats) is it charges up for some reason (idk why yet, the reason why it charges up is probably right tho)... then it will either "boil over" or do miasma. I've never seen it boil then upgrade to miasma. It goes straight to one or the other and you have to react based on that.

When we did a RUN, NINx2 strat, the other NIN and I tried to Blade-Ten through boil over in case SCing was what triggered the castigation move (this was in the first hr or two of the update, before the pain sync theory-- which I agree with). We WSed it a bunch and it did castigation.

I dont know that I'm adding a whole lot here but my understanding is its charging > boil or miasma. Then you either stop dmg for boil, or light SC it for miasma. Then you keep going.

We went 0/3 last night and then 2/2 today (yes there were SMNs involved but we didn't use AC so its ok lmao). SMNx3 PUP tank. COR RDM. I never noticed dia 3 (the only enfeeb we used at all) lead directly to charging up. I (COR) would light shot and basically just stay out of range and kept rolls up). So I was able to study it a bit and see what messages it gave out cuz I didnt have much else to do. I dont think we WSed at all. There were a variety of BPs used (Volt, Claws, Crush) but it didn't charge up every time we did that. Think I saw 8-10 charging up msgs in the fight (20 mins) and I'd say 75-80% of them boiled over and the other 2-3 went the miasma route.
By aigulfe 2018-02-09 21:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh we always killed the charger first. Not saying thats right or wrong, just full disclosure :P
By clearlyamule 2018-02-09 21:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah forgot to mention I killed the pony first. Take that bronies
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-02-09 21:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a possibility that the upgrade occurs when it takes enough “Mele” damage or/and “Crticals” or/and “WS’s” in its face.
It never upgraded when PLD went idle and only me on RNG on /ra
By aigulfe 2018-02-09 21:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

could be. Your post a couple pages back was a great help though. Pretty much the only one to that point that wasnt about SMNs lol. It was good to know that castigation was a 20 yalm deal. During our RUN, NINx2 attempts, our mages (all PUGs, not on teamspeak with the 3 os us) kept dying to it so the assumption was the range was bigger than 20 because.... why does a mages need to be closer than 20? But yeah... they kept dying every time. The RUN (understandably) was getting smashed by castigation and for w/e reason it didn't miasma on us a single time until our 2nd try with NINx2 strat. We got it down to 30% on our first attempt before we timed out. Too many castigation-related deaths.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-02-09 21:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a possibility that with your NIN setup [because of subtle blow] TP feed wasn’t enough to cause Miasma message.
I’m sure it will be cracked down soon enough.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-09 21:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Was migawari working? Perhaps 3 ninjas bouncing hate around and everyone else out of range are buffs are applied?
By aigulfe 2018-02-09 21:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

migawari def takes castigation out but the issue is you need to see the miasma msg when u get it pretty quick and do shun to shun or something. We had two NINs swinging like crazy, lot of battle text running by.. never even saw the miasma msg the first time we got it.. we just got instant KOed lol. Then we went back in the log and there it was.
By aigulfe 2018-02-09 21:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think a NIN could take the place of the pup tank in a SMN or ranged strat. If its boil over, everyone else stops dmg... if miasma, the NIN does a quick self light maybe.
[+]
By Afania 2018-02-09 21:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

For those who's interested in RNG setup, found a VD video for it:

PLD RNGx2 afkCOR GEO BRD

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By oyama 2018-02-09 22:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I will say that a pld has little problem tanking it weak. We were doing rng setup and taking too long, but went faster when we realized we could just immediately get pld back and start pewing away again, instead of holding dmg. We tried to do it with melees next and just rack up enough damage between charging messages, but then it wouldn't do nether castigation when we weren't hitting it. If we could figure out how to trigger the move to happen with some warning, can just melee and run away for tank to die and then zombie tank, rinse repeat.
By aigulfe 2018-02-09 22:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw a bunch of last stands lol not sure what else I saw tho :)
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2018-02-09 22:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Vize said: »
can someone translate this video to english somehow ?? so we can understand what they doing

I'm not completely sure but it looks like they are beating Ambuscade Vol #1 with the setup Afania posted above. Don't quote me on that though.
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-02-09 22:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
Don't quote me on that though.
ok
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-02-09 22:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So yeah did another couple runs and definitely holding dmg stopped it from even doing any of those crazy moves. Finally started getting some miasma's thought nothing looks too different from when it just rages.

So DT is definitely effecting dmg but it's super weird. Like autos will take different amounts by varying a single dt even at higher amounts and mule I brought in range definitely took comparatively different dmgs when I varied dt. But no dt mule is only taking a little over double what my full dt autos are taking so it's like they were missing 14 dt or something.

Tested mdb nothing

But something curious did happen this run and not 100% sure why exactly but despite keeping dmg up it would just keep charging and nothing happened. Like 4 times in a row before finally rage would boil. Only things I can think of I did different was didn't bother to put them on different sides this time and was using OD for the first little bit of it
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-02-09 22:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Vize said: »
can someone translate this video to english somehow ?? so we can understand what they doing

RNGs stop attacking when they receive the 'charging' message, while the GEO spams Stone to maybe make the JA come faster? That's what it looks like to me. Otherwise, pretty straightforward. Allies Roll, SAM Roll, Minuets, Prelude, Fury, Frailty, Last Stand until Dead.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-09 22:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That looked painless. Couple things of note:

RNGs went all out, killing ixion first without any delays (alternating Last Stands).

On Iron dude, they did the same strat, except when it started boiling or whatever, they stopped heavy dps. Mages used stone 1, banish 1, and COR used light shot (presumably to remove whatever buffs it absorbed from pld). They kept doing this to induce the explosion aoe, which reset and the RNGs went back to shooting.

Pretty cut and dry it looks like. The t1 nuke spam was probably just to force the Pain sync as painlessly as possible, so it looks like the gimmick is to stop dps and make it do move with as little accrued dmg as is possible. RNG setups works well since you're not swinging aimlessly and can see more of the log. COR was basically doing nothing but rolls, so 13min clear could be less than 10 if she was shooting. Preludes/Minuet Indi AGI/Fury. Didn't see Frailty, though i'm sure it was up.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 14 15 16