users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Worst REMA?
Worst REMA?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2018-01-25 19:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

At least Mandau can be called RDM's best dagger for physical WS, and I suspect Mercy Stroke might be better for them than Evisceration if attack is capped.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-01-25 19:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
At least Mandau can be called RDM's best dagger for physical WS, and I suspect Mercy Stroke might be better for them than Evisceration if attack is capped.

Probably true, but good luck getting us RDMs to an attack-capped situation where you actually want us meleeing. Meaning, if there's enough buffers there, its probably CL 135 or higher...and our ballin' B skill rating in sword/dagger hurts.

edit- and the worst RMEA is any Empyrean in the hands of an undergeared melee. Nothing more frustrating in my book.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-01-25 19:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
There is a lot of talk about people looking for the "best of the best" weapons. So I ask, what is the >Worst< REMA?

I would probably say Tishtrya.
The worst for each individual job or the worst out of all of them?
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-01-25 20:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT .....
 Ragnarok.Bepe
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2018-01-25 20:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't claustrum have a niche use for smn being the only way they can make a certain skillchain (I don't remember which skillchain that is... ugh my brain) But lets not kid ourselves, SE just doesn't know how to make a mage weapon good. Laevateiin and Tupsimati were obsolete for so long, then they became good, then obsolete again /shrug. Claustrum has always been a giant ? from its inception. Hvergelmir is pretty lol right now too. Yay for inventory+ because you need to carry less fast cast gear.

IMO: Every mage weapon should have given a unqiue spell instead of a unique weaponskill, but whatever

Edit: I hate tupsimati's weather special effect with a passion. Why not just have it double the bonuses from weather effects. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-01-25 20:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hvergelmir is pretty neat for stun, so it doesn't really deserve all of its hate.
 Asura.Tafari
user: tafari
By Asura.Tafari 2018-01-25 20:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Armageddon?!
>;D
By Afania 2018-01-25 20:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »

Besides piercing bonus, Since mercy stroke is gravitation/darkness dagger WS, it's nice to swap it mid multi step SC to proc inundation bonus.

The other gravitation ws are req and swift, which aren't strong, so getting inundation bonus should be damage increase in multi step SC.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-25 20:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Bepe said: »
Edit: I hate tupsimati's weather special effect with a passion. Why not just have it double the bonuses from weather effects. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
At one time the current effect was decent.

But doubling weather effects holy ***that could be some OP stuff there lol.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-01-25 22:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Would Nagi be useful if it turns Mijin into the BST form? Where you don't fall down, you just do AoE damage and stay standing? I guess it would depend upon how much AoE damage it does...
By kishr 2018-01-25 23:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Nagi update to make it worth it could be, aftermath changes utsusemi ni into utsusemi san. That would make more sought after.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-01-25 23:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

What special weather effect?
Nevermind, you mean the Enmity-20. Thought you meant something else.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-01-25 23:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

What special weather effect?
Nevermind, you mean the Enmity-20. Thought you meant something else.

Not sure of AM boosts... but wouldn’t Raetic Staff kick the ***out of this any day?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-25 23:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Raetic staff (and club) don't really get talked about at all.

It's a hell of a weapon(but has no INT/MND) if you can waste the extra mp
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-25 23:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
Nagi update to make it worth it could be, aftermath changes utsusemi ni into utsusemi san. That would make more sought after.

"Augments Utsusemi". The upgrade being shadows are not wiped with aoe moves. Would be a huge improvement to shadows and would bring NIN right back into the tanking game
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-01-26 00:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Inuyushi said: »
Would Nagi be useful if it turns Mijin into the BST form? Where you don't fall down, you just do AoE damage and stay standing? I guess it would depend upon how much AoE damage it does...

On a 1hr (or 45min) JA? I mean, that would have to be some SERIOUS damage. Like, one-hit KO power that actually works on significantly difficult NMs to cheese out a zerg win by mindlessly abusing 1-hour (kinda like SMN, HEY-OOOOH)

kishr said: »

Meh. Granting an extra Ni shadow, I would barely care. It would be an improvement, yes. But not one that really makes a big difference in how the job plays - your shadows will still all get wiped by AoE, the weapon would still be underpowered, and it would still be tied to a crappy WS. Now, making shadows actually behave differently and do something like absorb AoE spells? Yeah, I'd make one for that. Would have also been a game changer had they made Utsu: San a Nagi-only thing instead of giving it to all NINs.

(BTW, the sad/funny part to all of this is that I'm gonna finish a Kannagi this year, and then I know I'll be tempted to work on a Nagi for kicks just because Gotta Catch 'Em All)

Ooooh and on a different tangential note...
How about a derisive snort for the "afterglow" fishing rods? As an "ultimate" crafting tool, they offer very little in today's game where fishing is utterly irrelevant. They're no Escutcheons in the value department, that's for damn sure! Also, I have both +1 rods :)
By Quizzy 2018-01-26 00:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Inuyushi said: »
Ooooh and on a different tangential note...
How about a derisive snort for the "afterglow" fishing rods? As an "ultimate" crafting tool, they offer very little in today's game where fishing is utterly irrelevant. They're no Escutcheons in the value department, that's for damn sure! Also, I have both +1 rods :)

I don't know man.... sushi on Asura is so damn overpriced. =(
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-01-26 01:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quizzy said: »
I don't know man.... sushi on Asura is so damn overpriced. =(

Not like you can't catch the fish just fine with an NQ Lu Shang's though? (and really, the time spent fishing could easily be spent doing other more profitable activities and just buying ingredients - unless bots...)

The +1s rods are just for dat glow. Though, they do look damn nice! If we're talking about some fancy shiny pole, I'd rather have either of the glowy fishing rods them than a Claustrum! ;)
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-01-26 03:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Any of the H2H weapons, I mean if the ws that was available to them didn't suck I would understand, but Really two pages no one brings up the crap dmg (and every ftp on rema is flat) the % dont affect the ftp (acc, ignore def, and crit chance? wtf) h2h rema just the worst. (all of them) [bring on the pup hate.]

Its a bit ironic that in every effort SE put in to fix h2h dmg, In their monumental lack of effort, they have not adjusted the ws.
By Justuas 2018-01-26 03:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Verbannt said: »
Any of the H2H weapons, I mean if the ws that was available to them didn't suck I would understand, but Really two pages no one brings up the crap dmg (and every ftp on rema is flat) the % dont affect the ftp (acc, ignore def, and crit chance? wtf) h2h rema just the worst. (all of them) [bring on the pup hate.]

Its a bit ironic that in every effort SE put in to fix h2h dmg, In their monumental lack of effort, they have not adjusted the ws.
Aren't the Godhands the best of h2h?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-01-26 03:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »
Nope.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-26 07:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »

For MNK second best after Vere.

If only SE would get around to re-balancing H2H WS's, MNK would actually be used seriously again.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-01-26 10:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tafari said: »
Armageddon?!
>;D
hoping there's some sarcasm there....that baby is my favorite Ranged RMEA.
[+]
 Sylph.Talym
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Talym
By Sylph.Talym 2018-01-26 12:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Khatvanga is definitely bad, but I don't think it can be the worst.

I both use it as a lockstyle and have an Occult Acumen set that literally gets me over 1000TP from a single Thunder VI. It's handy for weaponskill objectives in Omen when we're in a mage setup, I guess, but that's about all I use it for.

Also note that said OA set requires a lot of weird single-use gear, so it's pretty impractical on that front too.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-01-26 20:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Asura.Tafari said: »
Armageddon?!
>;D
hoping there's some sarcasm there....that baby is my favorite Ranged RMEA.

LOL yeah I didn't reply to that because I thought that must have been some joke - and I see Tafari has a bunch of ranged RMEA (including Armageddon).

Arma is the most fun weapon I own, and while it tends to not be #1 for most applications, it's so good all around (and always very NEAR the best), solid physical and magical damage on the same weapon, great Racc and white damage. Amazing for AM3 up crit/double shot sets with normal /ra. And way less hate issues than Fomal/Gandiva, while giving way more damage than relying on Anni. Good multi-job utility too, since it's RNG and COR. I love the damn thing.

Now, before the Empy AM3 was updated to Occ. Deals Triple Damage, and all the great ranged gear in the past year or so, maybe there's an argument that Arma was an underachiever. Gandiva also got a ton better with that change, and maybe was a bit of a slacker before that (though I like Arma more for the flexibility, Gandiva = physical only and a bit of a hate magnet).

h2h rema just the worst. (all of them) [bring on the pup hate.]

If you can get AM3 up, Kenkonken is by far the best weapon for either (1) DD puppet only, or (2) trying to do damage with master and puppet both meleeing. It's nowhere close to bad.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-01-26 21:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys, obviously Idris is the worst REMA, followed by Nirvana being second worst. Duh. :O