Ambuscade Volume 1-December 2017
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-12-11 12:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Still didn't get the chance to fully test out V1 in all degrees since everyone is busy with NNI >.> but thought why not create the thread already starting with this Question:
Is it possible the the Housemaker only comes after a certain set of Warbles activated by main since they seem rather timed? or a certain number of Warbles?or Adds?

Because so far it seems so random and even one time we managed to do the following:

RUN//SMN//GEO//DRG//RDM//COR

RUN went in got Main and dragged to starting corner while DRG,SMN,GEO,COR went over to the Housemaker and attacked it.
Damage was incredibly low on Housemaker but Warbles never hit others and Housemaker did nothing.

RUN is perfect for tanking Main and requires almost no Healing~ went /NIN first then switched to /WAR.[Fire,Earth,Water/Thunder] Runes.

Housemaker moves seemed random but in one instance SMN got hate from it while they were attacking.. then started to follow SMN everywhere doing nothing but /follow.

SMN got Housemaker near RUN and it never did any move only when adds were out around 15% HP from Main but couldn't map out a pattern of these moves ...maybe there is a correlation to
A. Take Adds to her.
B.Number/Type of warbles.
C.Proximity to Main.

Shocking Meeble Warble was done 3 times.
Flaming Meeble Warble was done 2 times.
Freezing Meeble Warble was done 5 times.

Then Housemaker activated!!

Judging by how Meebles operate as a family one goes out to gather and the female stays indoors and gets everything ready we can only assume that adds are the kids forcing her out. or something like that so maybe scenario A can work...

Please share your thoughts and lets crack this.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Guuki
Server: Lakshmi
user: Guuki
By Lakshmi.Guuki 2017-12-11 14:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a few runs on Normal and here are some observations:

- Boss (Breadwinner) can pop 1 or more adds (urchins); some runs we got 1, 2 or 3 add; not sure what is causing this
- Damaging an Urchin while boss is up immediately caused it to Souleater + Hundred Fist, one by one taking out the PT
- When Breadwinner uses Lithic Meeble Warble - aoe dmg + Petrify move - it causes the Housemaker (behind the pillar) to immediately run to the party member and use Earthshaker? (aoe dmg move)
--- We saw Earthshaker? do 7k dmg to each PT member when we were grouped up
-- Also saw Earthshaker? do 1K dmg to a single PT member that was out of range from the rest of the pt
-- I'm guessing it may add 1K dmg for each PT member in the aoe range (we had a GEO with Loupan up i think)
- After Earthshaker? the Housemaker sits back down in the same spot it used Earthshaker and you can go back to fighting boss. As soon as the Breadwinner used Lithic Meeble Warble, the Housemaker ran for another PT member and used Earthshaker?

This is as far as we got before PT broke, hope this helps.
 Lakshmi.Guuki
By Lakshmi.Guuki 2017-12-11 14:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

FYI Housemaker is already up when you zone in. he's just hiding behind the pillar in the opposite corner from where you pop. It does not spawn midway through the fight, only the urchins do.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-11 14:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Could you purposefully trigger Souleater + Hundred Fists, then have it nearly kill itself on an invincible Paladin?
 Lakshmi.Guuki
By Lakshmi.Guuki 2017-12-11 14:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

that was mentioned in the pt, but we didnt try, worth a shot though.

even still, you still need to deal with earthshaker wiping the pt. Need to find out if the adds lose access to Souleater + HF if the boss/housemaker is dead or both.
 Leviathan.Louisoix
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2017-12-11 15:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

We've only done it on Easy, so maybe these extra adds you guys are talking about only come into play on normal and above. If it's some action/buffer being used that triggers them ill have to get some guys together to try normal + with the same set up as easy for us. We used a Geo, Rng and Pld. Never saw any other add besides the one sitting in the corner that would join the fight to pop a tp move then bounce to his corner again. Anyone verify its just normal + for these extra meebles?
By clearlyamule 2017-12-11 15:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 2 Urchins on easy so it's not just normal and above. Spawned at exactly 25% hp. Same time the one in the corner came over to completely own me lol
 Leviathan.Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2017-12-11 15:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So it could be job/buff specific. Bet a couple more rngs and a real healer make it easy.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-11 15:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I just used bsts and trust healers. Probably something weird that we will eventually figure out
 Carbuncle.Finalwolf
Server: Carbuncle
user: finalwolf
By Carbuncle.Finalwolf 2017-12-11 15:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

silence the breadwinner to prevent the housemaker from being called over. you'll get a pop up message when silence is applied and when it wear off.

"The boss appears to have a difficult time projecting"
"The boss's throat is no longer scratchy."
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2017-12-11 15:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I almost cleared Intense Easy solo as SMN with Trusts. Used Flow/Conduit for Flaming Crush spam from behind NM and dropped it to about 40%. It didn't seem to get an add until the Housemaker came over once to attempt Earthshaker?, which I tried to outrun but still took dmg from, however it was only like 300 dmg. Around 15% it had finally summoned a single Urchin which I felt I could ignore but regretted almost immediately once it used Souleater.

EDIT: Did BP from behind because of guard from NM. NM seemed to *completely* ignore Ifrit despite wailing on him for 30-45k per pact.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-11 15:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I'm wondering how in the world I got dealt 8k to each person in range with earthshaker while everyone else saying they took hardly anything lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-11 15:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Finalwolf said: »
silence the breadwinner to prevent the housemaker from being called over. you'll get a pop up message when silence is applied and when it wear off.

I posted that in the other thread, couldn't figure it out, nobody correlated the two.

Quote:
ust beat VE intense, insanely easy. Used PUP tank...
At one point in the fight, about halfway, I got a message when trying to stun his tp move "NM is having a hard time projecting". No idea what this means...

edit: when I killed him, got message: The [NM]s throat is no longer scratchy.

Should note that I was using a RDM trust + Adelheid, so it's very possible one of these silenced the NM. On my run (was VE), never had any adds called over. I didn't even know they existed until I read the forums. Good catch
 Asura.Bangerang
Server: Asura
user: Eela
By Asura.Bangerang 2017-12-11 15:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just cleared normal.

Silencing the Breadwinner seems to prevent it from calling Urchins.

Edit:
Just cleared difficult.
Same strategy worked.

Edit 2:
In very difficult he can still summon the adds even with silence.
Back to the drawing board...

Edit 3:
We tried difficult again and this time it popped an add even after being silenced.
I guess we were just getting lucky before.
[+]
By tyalangan 2017-12-11 15:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just about to ask if anyone knew anything about Silence. Read a JP blog post that stated:

Quote:
※青魔道士(ティソーナ持ち)でサイレントストーム(効果時間5分)を開幕入れての討伐報告も頂いてます(*'-')ゞ

Google Translate:
* We have received a report of the suppression of opening a silent storm (effect time 5 minutes) with Blue Mage (with Tissona) (* '-') ゞ

Also, watched a JP dragoon solo and when the Housemaker came and aggroed him he Super Jumped making the Earth Shaker TP move miss/interrupt causing the Housemaker to leave and go back behind the pillar. For what it's worth, maybe can utilize this to avoid the TP move in groups, as well, if you have a DRG initially aggro the Breadwinner? Haven't been on since the update so cannot confirm myself.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-11 15:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Does gravity work on housemaker?
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2017-12-11 15:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Now I'm wondering how in the world I got dealt 8k to each person in range with earthshaker while everyone else saying they took hardly anything lol

I took 8k on my first attempt when I did not attempt to outrange it.
 Lakshmi.Guuki
By Lakshmi.Guuki 2017-12-11 15:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Earthshaker will do 1k dmg for every person in the aoe range. pets and loupans likely count. Have everyone split up and run away when Housemaker runs in to use Earthshaker
 Carbuncle.Finalwolf
By Carbuncle.Finalwolf 2017-12-11 15:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

it can definitely summon urchins while silence is still in effect
By eliroo 2017-12-11 15:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So RDM is MVP?
By tyalangan 2017-12-11 16:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

it can definitely summon urchins while silence is still in effect

If that's the case then no need to Silence until 45-50% or so since I hear he calls Housemaker at 25-30%? Or can he use Lithic Meeble Warble at anytime? (Guuki stated he is called over after this move)
By clearlyamule 2017-12-11 16:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Guuki said: »

Earthshaker will do 1k dmg for every person in the aoe range. pets and loupans likely count. Have everyone split up and run away when Housemaker runs in to use Earthshaker
Ah makes sense. 3 players 3 pets and 3 trust but ygnas was likely out of range. Hate those kind of mechanics but oh well
 Lakshmi.Guuki
By Lakshmi.Guuki 2017-12-11 16:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Silence keeps him from calling adds from what we are seeing

Lithic Meeble Warble causes Housemaker to run over and Earthshaker
By tyalangan 2017-12-11 16:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Can it be used anytime any %HP?
 Lakshmi.Guuki
By Lakshmi.Guuki 2017-12-11 16:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »

I want to say it's on a timer, he doesn't use it often. if you are slow on DPS, he'll use it a few times and you have to deal with it. we're burning it down fast on D so only dealt with it once before it died.
 Carbuncle.Finalwolf
By Carbuncle.Finalwolf 2017-12-11 16:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

reconfirming that Breadwinner can unsummoning the urchins while breadwinner is silenced. Had it happen twice since the last post.
This is in a VD intense run.
By tyalangan 2017-12-11 16:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »

I want to say it's on a timer, he doesn't use it often. if you are slow on DPS, he'll use it a few times and you have to deal with it. we're burning it down fast on D so only dealt with it once before it died.
reconfirming that Breadwinner can unsummoning the urchins while breadwinner is silenced. Had it happen twice since the last post.
This is in a VD intense run.

Guuki, you are saying he's not summoning when silenced on Difficult, so far?
 Lakshmi.Guuki
By Lakshmi.Guuki 2017-12-11 16:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. we just did a VD run and once silence wore he summoned the adds. others might be seeing different, but that's what we saw

Edit:
So different VD run, RDM silenced the boss and he still popped the adds. either something is broke or something different for VD. my group is going back to D.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Finalwolf
By Carbuncle.Finalwolf 2017-12-11 16:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

In each of groups 5 VD wins, Housemaker has targeted me (whm) with "Earthshaker?". Each time I moved away from the group and just took the 1000 damage. Earthshaker? leaves a very power paralyze effect.
 Leviathan.Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2017-12-11 16:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This pleases me, now to just get some folks to throw at VD. Thanks for the info all. :)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6