First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-12-13 03:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Geneyus said: »
I have a bit of speculation about the adds on VD.

I'm guessing what is happening is that the adds roam around invisible like the VNMs in abyssea zones. If they are in range when the boss does a Warble, then they will spawn. Silence looks like it shortens this range on VD and prevents adds entirely on lower difficulties?

I had the same thoughts kind of merely because of how Meebles are designed by SE.
Warbles seem to trigger the spawn rate of adds and my guess is every time the main boss uses it, it increases the chance of adds.

To test this we tried:
A.Engage the main near starting corner and just let it Warble without silence, after 6th warble Adds popped up and Housemaker didn't come.

B. Hold main where it was and after just 3 Warbles without silence Adds popped up and Housemaker attacked WHM and went back.

We repeated the same setup but with [Silence] on both and the spawn rate decreased since it took 9 warbles in starting corner and 5 warbles in scenario B and nothing changed with Housemaker.

It seems that the proximity of Breadwinner to Housemaker enhances the spawn rate by 50% by boosting each warble and Silence reduces it by 40-50% by gimping warble also the same proximity enhances the chances of [Earhtshaker?.] when adds are around.

The moment the Housemaker is in range of adds they start using [HF,SE].
Housemaker always attacked [WHM]

This whole thing could still be random and maybe other groups can confirm it.
[+]
By Afania 2017-12-13 03:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Afania said: »
We did D right after update with super sub optimal 5 people setup: RUN(Tank) GEO BLU (3box) RDM(DD) WHM yoran. Silenced the boss, killed the adds. Was simple enough, didnt bother with anything too complicated such as armor break nor barspell change. Didnt use brd either.
Killed the adds hmmm, just zerg them down? How did you handle the adds' powerful melee hits without Scherzo+EA? And how did you handle the Housekeeper and his Earth-something AoE move? Did you kill the Housekeeper too or just the Urchins?
Do the adds repop once killed?

Killed the urchins, although the D run we did may happened to be a run that they didnt pop, I dont remeber. Afaik if you silence boss the add behind the pillar wont be called, thats why I guess your silence wasnt up full time.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-13 03:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Housekeeper (add behind pillar) kept coming for us later unto the fight, but that might have been caused by Silence wearing and us not noticing it.

I tried to land silence a few times on BRD but despite my very good macc gear I could never land it.
GEO said she had no issues landing it.

Not sure if she was bothering with Frazzle and if it's even possible to land it reliably.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-13 04:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

About the Housekeeper and the fact he went for me (BRD) instead of the WHM a few times.
The reason might be in the healing the tank mechanic.
I surely did cast a few Cure 4 on the tank.

I'll try to avoid casting C4 or any direct spell on the tank, that should ensure Housekeeper going 100% to the WHM?
If that's the key I wonder what happens to curaga though.
Does Curaga count if I cast it on myself instead of the tank, since the tank is getting hit by it, or would it count only if directly cast on him? I wonder...

This *might* be the key explaining why sometimes the Housekeeper doesn't go for the WHM though.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-12-13 04:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

As soon as we start on V1 again we might test the following based on other observations:

We sneaked passed the Breadwinner several times and went to Housemaker and attacked it then RUN grabbed main and went to starting corner again.

Housemaker then focused on SMN since it did the most damage on it and started to /follow it around everywhere.

My guess is maybe if we let a NIN get Housmaker's attention during the fight by keeping it behind pillar while others finish off Breadwinner it will prevent [Earthshaker?.] from hitting [WHM] and NIN can easily outrun it.

Still a thought but that /follow was intriguing to say the least.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-12-13 04:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This *might* be the key explaining why sometimes the Housekeeper doesn't go for the WHM though.

Can also confirm the same thing when we let GEO main heal it went directly to GEO resulting in a wipe since he was with us.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-13 04:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If you keep the Housekeeper busy with a NIN though you're basically gonna fight the Breadwinner with 5 people isntead of 6. How will you set up a 3 step ending with Flaming Crush with just the RUN on the Breadwinner?

Also, how will the NIN stay alive? Eartshaker might be easy to outrun (is it 10 yalms? 15?) but does it have other shadow-stripping moves? Or not?

If there is a 100% reliable way to tell which player the Housekeeper will focus on (like what I suggested in my previous post) I don't think this will be needed. Just have the target-person run away from the group when you see the Housekeeper move.
It's hard when you can't tell which the target will be, but if there's a way to tell that 100% it should be easy?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-13 04:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Also the thing about "performing actions on the tank triggers Housekeeper to go on whomever performed such actions", it has to be more specific.

I think it's not generic actions like buffs but healing specifically.
Otherwise Songs and SMN buffs (they're both AoE) would've been triggering the Housekeeper whereas from the reports we got so far it seems that only direct healing procced that.

I still wonder how Curaga cast on a target other than tank will behave. Would it count for triggering the Housekeeper or not? Should test it!
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-12-13 04:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah my guess is its Healing that causes the [Earthshaker?.] targeting since I mentioned that GEO main healed tank.

We did with 5 before and 1 holding/kiting others in previous Ambuscades but the multi-sc will have to be redesigned maybe closing with Rad or something.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-12-13 05:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Soooo tl;dr
I'm sure we're missing some key aspects of the fight, question is: what?

Why was Flaming Crush damage so... distant from Papesse's numbers?
What were we missing on how to handle the Housekeeper and his Earth-thing move?
(is it a conic frontal btw? If it's a real AoE I think the range is something like 10 yalms, or max 15, no higher than that)
Make sure your melee use a macc set (Flamma etc) for his defense down WS, Ignis Gambit is very useful. The SMN must BP behind the Breadwinner to avoid Counter/Guard and Release/recast Ifrit when he is low on hp otherwise he could get killed at the worst moment.
Flaming Crush is a very strong BP but requires more work and preparation than Volt Strike to shine, most people tend to think this BP is only good on weaker mobs but it's really not the case.
After buffing the tank was pulling the Breadwinner to the corner, we would then proceed to debuff and place bubbles.
DDs would attempt Blade: Ten > Resolution > Flaming Crush SC.
This got *** up multiple times by the SMN not being ready. Wasn't his fault, there is a 22seconds cooldown after all.
Most of the time though the issue was Ifrit getting paralyzed or more often just killed.
Even when the SC went off the damage from Flaming Crush and subsequent light SC was nowhere as close as Papesse's.
Melees shouldn't wait BP recast, they can perform their own SC and Ifrit just has to close it when he can. AoEs can break SCs (the stun one in particuliar) but keep in mind that the Breadwinner can do one only every 30 seconds, this leaves plenty of time for SC. We haven't tried the bar- rotation method, if it's too tedious to swap you can keep Barthundra to resist Stun and use Divine Caress Paralyna as a protection against Paralyze. Para is a threat for the summoner only, not his avatar.
I don't know what else to add about Flaming Crush, if you are still having trouble to do good damage maybe you should try a different approach that might fit better to your group.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-13 06:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah thanks Papesse.
Also the SMN claims his FC+LightSC were both doing easily 99k once we started using Ageha, I didn't notice that.

Papesse usually how many SCs or how much time, approximately, does it take for your group to down VD?
I'm talking about time from engage to death, not from zone-in to death.
I'll take that number as a way of comparison and assume it should take us less since we're tackling D atm.
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2017-12-13 08:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have an idea of how much HP the boss, urchin(s), and housekeeper each have? (Please include the difficulty you're reporting for)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nanaky
Guildwork Premium
Server: Ragnarok
user: Dianetix
By Ragnarok.Nanaky 2017-12-13 09:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone looking for a quick (or creative) V1 KI location, I have been using Dyna-Tavnazia. Tons of worms right at the entrance and right next to a HP :D
[+]
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-12-13 10:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boogs said: »
Does anyone have an idea of how much HP the boss, urchin(s), and housekeeper each have? (Please include the difficulty you're reporting for)

We did about 1.5mil in damage on one of our VD runs and it still had 5% left. So aroundly 1.58 mil? That was only one run and I havn't parsed any others. We went 1/4 before I went to bed. This was using the 4xSMN, PLD, GEO method where we just AF/AC'd Flaming Crush.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-13 12:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nanaky said: »
For anyone looking for a quick (or creative) V1 KI location, I have been using Dyna-Tavnazia. Tons of worms right at the entrance and right next to a HP :D
Aren't old dynamis on a 1 hour timer?
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-12-13 12:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Ragnarok.Nanaky said: »
Aren't old dynamis on a 1 hour timer?

They removed the lockout with RoV so you can now go in back to back
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-12-13 13:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah thanks Papesse.
Also the SMN claims his FC+LightSC were both doing easily 99k once we started using Ageha, I didn't notice that.

Papesse usually how many SCs or how much time, approximately, does it take for your group to down VD?
I'm talking about time from engage to death, not from zone-in to death.
I'll take that number as a way of comparison and assume it should take us less since we're tackling D atm.
2:30~3 min I believe. The boss has roughly 1.6m HP and need 1420~ acc to cap in VD.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-12-13 15:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Some confirmations/clarifications about the behavior of adds if it's not clear for everyone :
One or more adds can pop after the boss does one of his elemental AoEs.
They wake up after the boss does another elemental AoE.
They uses Souleater + Hundred Fists after the boss does any TP move.
The boss does a TP move every 30 seconds (I keep using the term "TP move" but they are not TP based).

I think people are confused by the fact adds don't spawn / wake up / SP at the same time the boss uses a TP move, all these things happen when the TP move animation ends, actually.
[+]
By tyalangan 2017-12-13 16:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So when the BRD has an add it’s sleeping it’s resleeping again every Warble?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-13 16:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some tests on Housekeeper.

On several runs where nobody cast a single cure on the tank, the Housekeeper never moved.

As soon as I cast a single C4 on the tank, after a while during that same run, the Housekeeper came towards me.

When that happened having a PLD cast Flash and multiple enmity generation tools on the Housekeeper produced no results, he still kept coming to me.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-13 18:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I just had the Housekeeper go after me on COR despite the only things I was doing were Dia/Light Shot, Rolls, and Barspells.

Edit: after a few more runs, the Housekeeper is targeting me every single time.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-13 18:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Were you /WHM and using AoE bar spells? Did you perform any action directly on the tank? Or on the healer who was healing the tank?

8 runs here.
6 runs nobody healed the tank => Housekeeper wasn't moving
2 runs I cast a C4 => Housekeeper eventually came for me after a while

This also fits what happened to us the other day (only 4 runs though) and the report from that GEO a few pages ago.

Way too suspicious to be just a coincidence, there's at least something about this that can't be.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-13 19:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I was doing AoE barspells on the tank.

No cures, though.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-12-13 21:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Had few minutes to make this video and share it after LS event, it was done with:

Party: SMN GEO RUN BLU BRD WHM

Steps:

1.Essential Buffs:

SMN Buffs: Crystal Blessing,Hastega II,Earthen Armor
BRD Buffs: Honor March, Madrigal,Scherzo.
BLU Buffs: Harden Shell under 50%
WHM Buffs: Barthundera, Barparalyzra, might also need Divine Caress with Paralyna at start.

1.Essential De-Buffs:

//Silence (fulltime),Fire Threnody II,Malaise,Frailty,Paralyze,Tenebral Crush, Elegy, Ignis Gambit//

2. RUN goes in Provokes Breadwinner to staring corner.
3. BRD,GEO starts with the debuffs and SMN gets ready to use Apogee to sc with BLU,RUN.
4. BLU should stay on back because of counter rate and get ready to Requiesqat >> Resolution >> Flaming Crush >> CDC making Radiance.
5. Apogee>> Requiesqat >> Resolution >> Flaming Crush >> CDC
6. As soon as you get close to 50% get ready to Diffusion+Harden Shell and Battuta.
7. Housemaker will always come after WHM or Anyone that casts Cure or Attacks her directly and repeatedly so make sure your WHM facing her corner and be ready to kite if she comes, in this video she didn't ... but WHM can easily outrun her.
8. The probability of adds popping is tightly connected to warbles and also their 1HR is connected to it, in most cases even in [VD] they wont pop if distance + silence are kept in check.

Enjoy your Grind and Good Luck~

Tip: All gather at Moogle and WHM can switch to COR use Naturalist's Roll, Switch SCH use AoE Regen (its really great to have) with max duration, Use AoE Stoneskin, Then switch to WHM and use Pro/Shell.

Disclaimer: Clear Time: (4-6)min [N] but can definitely go lower if you're fast enough with buffs and coordination. you can see clearly in the video how BLU got held multiple times from preforming sc because of disease aura for example.
Accuracy 1250+

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Dakrone
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Dakrone 2017-12-14 01:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this update glitchy or something but 2/2 runs i've done i've been hvaing issues seeing the avatar NM. Anyone else running into this issue?

By geigei 2017-12-15 11:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Any strat w/o smn?
 Asura.Vanyar
By Asura.Vanyar 2017-12-15 12:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

We did some VD runs with DD Setup yesterday using the following Setup.

RUN DD DD COR GEO/WHM BRD/WHM .

RUN was focusing on DD and heaving Battutata ready for Hundred Fists.
COR was buffing and DDing
GEO was doing main heal (only really needed after ~30% for our runs)
BRD/WHM did prebuff March, Madrigal, elegy and Threnody on boss. During the fight the main task was to lock debuffs by using barspells and sleep adds if they show (which only happened in 1/4 runs) . (To get this right was the key for us)

To luck debuffs we did cast barspell matching the Bozzetto Breadwinner Ability.

Freezing Meeble Warble = Barblizzara
Flaming Meeble Warble = Barfira
Shocking Meeble Warble = Barthundra
Deluging Meeble Warble = Barwatera
Gusty Meeble Warble = Baraera (new)

Drill Claw = HP Down

You may want to erase the tank after he did Drill Claw (HP Down).
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-15 14:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Any strat w/o smn?

SMN ONRY

Anything over normal without SMN is a Huge waste of time and effort. Unfortunately.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-15 14:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

3 minute clears on D without a single SMN isn't a waste of time or effort.
[+]