Are We Hypocrites? (Aeonic SMN Discussion)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Are We Hypocrites? (Aeonic SMN Discussion)
Are We Hypocrites? (Aeonic SMN Discussion)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-11-28 12:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
lmao Dude complaining he can't get in shouts on his mule cuz "RMEA Only" lists a mythic and a bunch of omen boss drops in his his "3 days to gear" conduit set.

TROLOLOLOLOL
Mules. Mains. Different. Words are hard.

Oh my bad. I didn't catch the update where all omen drops and mythics are free and only take three days to get if you are on your main character.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-28 12:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, learn to read.
Not quite, 100m gets you every single piece required except a nirvana.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-11-28 12:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You posted a gearset with Varar +1s implying that the set was all you needed for AC. Then went back and edited your commentary. Implying 3 days and <100M and posting a gearset with an inaccurate 151M price tag (not even including the Helios Stone augment RNG ***) is just ridiculously impractical. Your posts were misleading and I'm calling *** on the 3day/100M conduit ready smn from scratch argument you're making.

Don't get petty and condescending because you implied something that's extremely unrealistic.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-28 12:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Varar+1 isn't needed either.

Learn. 2. Read. I never edit my commentary. I changed the picture because it wasn't my set, and you ignored the part where I stated the bold.

I mean hell, I know I'm dealing with 5 year olds but holy ***.

I'll repost the statement, since that's 4 people that can't read.

Not quite, 100m gets you every single piece required except a nirvana. Helios is free gear and the aug pool is "relatively" small. Byaami, stikini, etc have no place with conduit, specifically. Varar+1 isn't needed either.

And before you even try to post it; yes I make well over 40m a day. Every day.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-11-28 12:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-11-28 12:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

He went back and edited those gearsets, it was originally showing 151M, and it didn't include Voodoo at the time, nor did it include any of the augment stones. Even still afterwards, his claims are impractical and he's being immature by private messaging me insults to try to explain himself. Notice how every comment he doesn't agree with he spews some childish, condescending insult. At this point he's trolling and not to even be taken seriously.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-28 12:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, that's why I changed it. To show the price of Voodoo, since Apogee+1 has no value.

I never edit my commentary. I changed the picture because it wasn't my set, and you ignored the part where I stated the bold.

Varar+1 isn't needed either.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Apogee slacks +1 is listed as 0.

Obviously. It's a piece that can't be bought. Add 40m for Cursed, subtract 50m for NQ rings.

151m -50*2 +40(27?) = < 100m
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-11-28 12:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

"I never edit my commentary"

**Quotes himself where he specifically edited his commentary at least twice**

Troll Confirmed.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-28 12:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Incorrect. If you didn't read the first statement, it's your fault for not noticing.

Top of page 6;
Not quite, 100m gets you every single piece required except a nirvana. Helios is free gear and the aug pool is "relatively" small. Byaami, stikini, etc have no place with conduit, specifically. Varar+1 isn't needed either.
By fonewear 2017-11-28 12:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Meansa said: »
I just have to say that I got a really good laugh at the 100m gil and 3 days to fully gear summoner thing. My static gear alone is at least a billion. That doesn't even go anywhere near the time, money, and effort it takes to completely gear a summoner. Which fill mog wardrobe 1, 2, and half of inventory.

That is a cool story sister do you happen to write for Huff Post ?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-11-28 12:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Incorrect. If you didn't read the first statement, it's your fault for not noticing.

Top of page 6;
I knew you'd go back and edit again for the eleventeenth time.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-28 12:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Still incorrect. I have never changed that post.
By fonewear 2017-11-28 12:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I challenge you to a summoner duel ! 3:30 after school bring your favorite staff we will settle this once and for all.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-11-28 12:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Example of what most engame smns use for ac:

ItemSet 354791

Ill take ragna current prices for the math:

- Head/legs/feet for a total of 64M, back then i had to pay 70M for the legs alone.
- Rings/ammo/grip for a total of 164M (on these 4 alone i paid 235M back then).
- Nirvana right now in ragna would cost 150m on alex (used to be 210m) and 15 on the scoria, no need to afterglow this unless you really feel like glowing.
- Gelos/campestres should be easy to get by anyone.
- Shulmanu/lugalbanda/regal <-- you wont farm these in 3 days, if you happen to be extremely lucky, i'd say it could take you weeks.

So right now you are aiming @400M to get just this set for endgame AC burning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0udClEjcds]

Minute 2:04 you can see the parse, the 3 smns with nirvana but the last one with less hq gear than the other 2, now imagine someone without nirvana/am3 and helios gear.

Schah and company have 1.2m hp with a pt of 6 so if you have RUN GEO helios SMN x3 each smn would have to do 333k dmg to compensate for the run and the geo, this isnt gonna happen and i saw it in-game lol.

@Buukki The scrub you mention has no idea what it is talking about but all it cares is to troll here with its ignorance, heck even just getting master on normal parties would take a couple days or 3 lol.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-28 13:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Drop the rings to NQ and Nirvana. bam 100m

As stated.

It takes < 3 days from zero to master. And earning gil during Gain-Money.
By geigei 2017-11-28 13:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with phuoc, the moment you add non nirvana/hq gear smn's, schah become impossibru.

Anyone claiming random smn's steamroll content is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-11-28 13:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Drop the rings to NQ and Nirvana. bam 100m

As stated.

It takes < 3 days from zero to master. And earning gil during Gain-Money.

My dude... if it only takes you 3 days to master a job and build a 100m gear set complete with Omen boss drops then guess what?

You could build a relic for a job you already mastered in 3 days!

You could build a mythic in 6 days!

You could build an empyrean in less than a week too!

You can get in all those RMEA only shouts now and you have no reason to *** about SMN burns.

Congratulations! You solved your own problem!
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-11-28 13:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
I agree with phuoc, the moment you add non nirvana/hq gear smn's, schah become impossibru.

Anyone claiming random smn's steamroll content is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
We've seen it first hand.
I only played zerg smn for 4 months, but *** me we did a *** *** ton of zergs and we parsed every single one of them.
No Nirvana = mini smn.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-11-28 13:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm calling BS on mastering SMN from 0-3x Star outside of CP campaign. During CP campaign sure, can be done in 18 hours none stop if you have a camp all to yourself and a 20-30 second kill rate.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-28 13:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It just so happens the CP campaign IS up, so yes. Three days or less.

You can get in all those RMEA only shouts now and you have no reason to *** about SMN burns.

I already made all the Relics, all the Empyreans, all the Aeonics, both ergons and the only Mythic I cared about.

I'd rather sell the gil.

I complain (mostly) ((rightfully)) about SMN burns because it's broken. Not for personal gain, hell I make quite a bit of money BECAUSE of SMN burns.

I'm capable of being objective. If it's broken regardless of how fun it is, it's still requiring a nerf.

I complained about SMN pling in Korroloka, about Rudras, about MNKonlyDelve, about BLU, about GEO, about BLM, about SCH, about Ranger, about the shitty crafting system, about the shields, about crour, about sparks. I promise you the next broken thing, I'll be complaining about as well.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-11-28 13:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Going by Phuoc's set its obviously going to take several weeks to gear a SMN for T4 AC content from scratch. 3 of the items Phuoc posted in the more practical set are from Omen, 1 being from Ou. You can't even build an Ou set in 3 days. The +3 body will take weeks if no campaign, and that takes away from you being able to do bosses and get those other needed drops. Add to that is the fact that the desired item HAS to drop. Then from 0-2100 stars.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-28 14:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how to break this to you but conduit does not use regal belt. http://www.ffxiah.com/item/28418/incarnation-sash

Ear one day, neck one day. <24 hours (less than a couple days) 0-2100.

It's more work to obtain Ramuh than it is to put together a Conduit set. (only slightly hyperbolic.)

I know you don't know what Hyperbole means;
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/hyperbole
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-11-28 14:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought hyperbole was the thing goku trained in and got supa strong. Thanks for the insight trollville
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-11-28 14:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It just so happens the CP campaign IS up, so yes. Three days or less.

I already made all the Relics, all the Empyreans, all the Aeonics, both ergons and the only Mythic I cared about.

I'd rather sell the gil.

I complain (mostly) ((rightfully)) about SMN burns because it's broken. Not for personal gain, hell I make quite a bit of money BECAUSE of SMN burns.

I'm capable of being objective. If it's broken regardless of how fun it is, it's still requiring a nerf.

I complained about SMN pling in Korroloka, about Rudras, about MNKonlyDelve, about BLU, about GEO, about BLM, about SCH, about Ranger, about the shitty crafting system, about the shields, about crour, about sparks. I promise you the next broken thing, I'll be complaining about as well.

But you're not objective. Objectively No one is doing what you say you can do. If everyone were, you wouldn't be fighting so hard to prove that it's even possible, let alone desireable.

The fact of the matter is that whatever degree of difficulty you apply to gearing smn for zergs can be applied to any other job to the same result.

Namely: A job geared well enough to do all content in the game.

Anything beyond that is just crying because someone hurt your epeen.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-11-28 17:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Schah and company have 1.2m hp with a pt of 6 so if you have RUN GEO helios SMN x3 each smn would have to do 333k dmg to compensate for the run and the geo, this isnt gonna happen and i saw it in-game lol.
I've seen Gridarvor SMNs parse ~350k plenty of times on Schah. My typical parse on a T4 if I manage to make full use of my Conduit (doesn't die partway through) is 650k minimum. Sometimes it's 800k+. There's no reason a decently-geared Gridarvor SMN shouldn't be able to parse half that.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) most of the bandwagon SMNs don't know how to Conduit properly. They spam the BP as fast as they can and end up hitting the global JA cooldown which locks them out for a second. Instead of a BP every 1.25 seconds they end up doing closer to one every 2-3 seconds.

That's the saddest part of this whole affair, I think most people complaining about SMN probably haven't even seen a proper Conduit before. They saw a group of SMNs fumbling their way through a Conduit zerg and even that was impressive enough to bring them protesting about how OP SMN is.
[+]
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2017-11-28 17:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

In my defense i just spam my macro as fast as i can and do decent
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-28 18:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen plenty of Schah, Vini and Albumens downed with a single Nirvana and two NQ SMN's, it's super easy and hilariously broken to watch. Anyone trying to argue all Nirvana is needed is lying through their teeth. Three Nirvana just make everything look like level 1 bunnies.

But continue trying to *** everyone, nobodies buying it.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-11-28 18:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Unfortunately (or fortunately) most of the bandwagon SMNs don't know how to Conduit properly. They spam the BP as fast as they can and end up hitting the global JA cooldown which locks them out for a second. Instead of a BP every 1.25 seconds they end up doing closer to one every 2-3 seconds.

do you use a script or eyeball it? i havent played smn for awhile and i didnt this in some ambu being lazy lol, still wins but ya my dps was low. if theres a script out there so i can play the game even less let me know, unless you are using some /wait 1.25 loop in your macros, if so what the type.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-11-28 19:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It can be done with a stable internet connection and the right rhythm. It depends on how fast is "as fast as I can." :) For most people I think that falls around 3-5 times per second.

BP ready time is 1.25s, and the global JA cooldown is 1s.

So 3 times per second means 333ms per macro. If your first macro readies a BP, your first three macro presses after that should hit the global cooldown. Your fourth should be at 1333ms, while the BP executed at 1250ms, meaning it should work very nicely.

If you go 5 times per second, that's 200ms per macro. Your first five after BP will be blocked by global timer, then you'll have one at 1200ms which is before your first BP finished. This will set the global cooldown again, and now you have to wait until at least 2200ms before you can BP again.

A good rhythm goes a long way. I think before I changed to manual timing, I was hitting about 3 times per second for the best results.

Edit: In reply to Azagarth's question, I eyeball it. You can get a feel for it by watching your character's hands, they glow green right in the middle of the JA animation. Once you see that, you're free to BP again. Technically, you can BP again as early as the moment that packet is sent from the server, so if there's lag you can anticipate the green glow and go a little beforehand but if you go too early it'll lock you out. Better to go late than early.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-28 20:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
I've seen plenty of Schah, Vini and Albumens downed with a single Nirvana and two NQ SMN's, it's super easy and hilariously broken to watch. Anyone trying to argue all Nirvana is needed is lying through their teeth. Three Nirvana just make everything look like level 1 bunnies.

But continue trying to *** everyone, nobodies buying it.

Everyone in this thread is buying it lol. That's half the problem. The pile of ***. The only person in this whole thread that is actually a (good)SMN is Pergatory. He actually used SMN before this.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8