Are We Hypocrites? (Aeonic SMN Discussion)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Are We Hypocrites? (Aeonic SMN Discussion)
Are We Hypocrites? (Aeonic SMN Discussion)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Syto
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-11-29 01:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

They won't be nerfing it so continue crying.. Carry on.. ^_^
[+]
 Asura.Seriweri
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2017-11-29 05:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don´t know how large the gap between ru´aun and reisen helms is in terms of defense and damage that can be done per bloodpact, so maybe this has no relevance at all, but:

the only thing I had "burned" before was wrathhare, but that was with idris-bolster-fury/malaise, flaming crush, and the mob taking a crapload of damage from that, I could have just not conduited and still kill it in 5bp.

but the other day I took my ok-but-still-quite-far-from-perfectly geared smn (grid, +3 body, +2 feet, nq sachet/strap, nq crown, capped enticers, omen+gelos earrings, nq varar rings, shulmanu, regal belt and bp10/26acc merlinic hands) to escha AAGK.
akamochi as food, prebuffed drachen/cc-beast on a cor mule then dropped it. I forgot which trusts I used (probably amchuchu selhteus yoranoran korumoru because I almost always do). bolstered fury/torpor on my basic 900 skill geo mule, conduited right away, converted at ~50% mp, and it died within conduit.
total damage done was 500k-ish, with individual voltstrikes ranging from 20-75k, it took 10 or 11 of them to finish GK.

I honestly didn´t expect it to work. it was fun and shocking experience at the same time.
I tried to ac burn escha suzaku a bit later, but adjusted a bit and went apogee>bp>bp>revit before using ac so I don´t have to convert; it died around 20 seconds into ac which is basically what I expected.

of course a nirvana/hq smn does better than I do on those. the question is, by which margin? is it spikes happen more often, more consistent output, moar 99999s (I couldn´t get even close)?

edit: the reason why I picked AAGK and suzaku is that I expected them to be the least annoying ru´aun helms in regards to amnesia and other debuffs, invincible etc, as I didn´t have a proper tank nor healer at hand. I doubt I could handle any other helms in the same setup.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-11-29 06:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Seriweri said: »
I don´t know how large the gap between ru´aun and reisen helms is in terms of defense and damage that can be done per bloodpact, so maybe this has no relevance at all, but:

the only thing I had "burned" before was wrathhare, but that was with idris-bolster-fury/malaise, flaming crush, and the mob taking a crapload of damage from that, I could have just not conduited and still kill it in 5bp.

but the other day I took my ok-but-still-quite-far-from-perfectly geared smn (grid, +3 body, +2 feet, nq sachet/strap, nq crown, capped enticers, omen+gelos earrings, nq varar rings, shulmanu, regal belt and bp10/26acc merlinic hands) to escha AAGK.
akamochi as food, prebuffed drachen/cc-beast on a cor mule then dropped it. I forgot which trusts I used (probably amchuchu selhteus yoranoran korumoru because I almost always do). bolstered fury/torpor on my basic 900 skill geo mule, conduited right away, converted at ~50% mp, and it died within conduit.
total damage done was 500k-ish, with individual voltstrikes ranging from 20-75k, it took 10 or 11 of them to finish GK.

I honestly didn´t expect it to work. it was fun and shocking experience at the same time.
I tried to ac burn escha suzaku a bit later, but adjusted a bit and went apogee>bp>bp>revit before using ac so I don´t have to convert; it died around 20 seconds into ac which is basically what I expected.

of course a nirvana/hq smn does better than I do on those. the question is, by which margin? is it spikes happen more often, more consistent output, moar 99999s (I couldn´t get even close)?

Wrathrare is a fine example of a NM taking big dmg from an element, this case fire and flaming crush melts it, it has 500k with a pt of 3 or less so unless you did 99999 every time, i takes more than 5 bps to finish it.

Also noticed you bolster fury i think you mean frailty right? geo-buffs dont affect pets, just pointing it out.

The AA example its possible, last 2 aeonics i've done with AC strat it basically got owned by volts ranging btw 35-50k with 99999 spikes but these spikes are just 2 or 3 the whole AC.

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Schah and company have 1.2m hp with a pt of 6 so if you have RUN GEO helios SMN x3 each smn would have to do 333k dmg to compensate for the run and the geo, this isnt gonna happen and i saw it in-game lol.
I've seen Gridarvor SMNs parse ~350k plenty of times on Schah. My typical parse on a T4 if I manage to make full use of my Conduit (doesn't die partway through) is 650k minimum. Sometimes it's 800k+. There's no reason a decently-geared Gridarvor SMN shouldn't be able to parse half that.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) most of the bandwagon SMNs don't know how to Conduit properly. They spam the BP as fast as they can and end up hitting the global JA cooldown which locks them out for a second. Instead of a BP every 1.25 seconds they end up doing closer to one every 2-3 seconds.

That's the saddest part of this whole affair, I think most people complaining about SMN probably haven't even seen a proper Conduit before. They saw a group of SMNs fumbling their way through a Conduit zerg and even that was impressive enough to bring them protesting about how OP SMN is.

I didnt see Gridarvor SMNs break the 300k barrier or get even close, maybe its different there in asura since there's more ppl.

If you Volt strike every 1.25 seconds for 30 seconds, that's 24 BPs or 5496mp, me as a taru have 2.2k mp with 1k extra after convert, there's something wrong on these numbers here.

Damage wise, if you make full use of AC and do 650k damage yields 27k dmg average wich is normal damage, 800k damage would yield 33k damage on average, that video i posted had me with 12 BPs and 15 seconds left on AC for almost 40k on average (and that's not totally focusing on 1 thing but giving directions to people).

If you wanted to skip animations on smn can just use the assault trick for AC and you'll go even faster but the limiting factor is the MP, not going every 1.25 seconds or skipping animations ala bst, i've seen SMNs go a bit slow or even wait for Ramuh to do the second hit on volt strike before doing another but again, the limiting factor is MP here and unless you have people fueling mp on you, its unlikely 24 bps can be done mp wise.

P.S.: AC zerg isnt hard, people make it look hard but once you know what you fight, have the proper buffs and coordination, its safe sailing.
 Ragnarok.Inx
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-11-29 07:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest a well geared Grid SMN should be pushing 350-375k on a clean ac/af burn. That's what I was getting anyway, Grid's good enough for most things assuming the rest of your set is put together correctly.

As you point out the real limit for most players is how well they handle burning all their mana well before conduit wears. And obviously the lower the damage per BP is, the more this counts.
 Asura.Seriweri
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2017-11-29 07:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant frailty on wrathhare of course, yes. I 99999ed 5x actually, then it died, I guess something else hit it too.

As my gear should be more or less what could be considered non-hq baseline, I think I´ll just pop schah later today for shits n giggles and see how much damage I can get in.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-29 07:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that you need 24 bps or even half that for t4 zerg, but mana mist is 300 mp, mana powder is 25%, and convert is 1200ish if used preemptively for safety. Throw in a base of 2k and you are looking at 4800mp if run and geo feed, or 5600 if your cor doesnt drop. Its less than your listed 5496 too, as blood boon saves an average of ~8.1% mp and you will recover some from vorseals.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-29 08:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

They purposely omit things like mana temps.

Anything to convince people its hard to do. To justify it in their head.
By Antisense 2017-11-29 08:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

~350k for non-Nirvana is totally doable. I've topped out at 27k average per Volt Strike for Schah, Albumen, and WoC with Gridarvor. That's only 13 BP and without AC even wearing. 24 BP in 30 seconds doesn't seem likely but guess I was doing it wrong...
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-11-29 08:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Not that you need 24 bps or even half that for t4 zerg, but mana mist is 300 mp, mana powder is 25%, and convert is 1200ish if used preemptively for safety. Throw in a base of 2k and you are looking at 4800mp if run and geo feed, or 5600 if your cor doesnt drop. Its less than your listed 5496 too, as blood boon saves an average of ~8.1% mp and you will recover some from vorseals.

The whole point of AC is to do it from distance with the summoners at max distance to evade things like enthrall or all vini's aoe/conal bs, geo must be next to the NM for indi-torpor as well.

I could see buyers, friends that get carried or as you said the cor (if needs clear and has to stay in pt) feeding MP but its unlikely that much MP is needed.

On all the zergs i've done, stuff dies well before AC timer runs out or the mp is really a problem but in a scenario where you have lets say 3 summoners only to carry an alliance of 9 or even higher, i can see the people feeding-mp strat.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-11-29 10:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You definitely can't get 24 BPs, I doubt you could even do that if you were physically playing on the server itself.

However, 18-20 is fairly normal. It requires temps, I try to avoid using Convert unless I'm Conduit burning outside Escha. I've been burned by Convert before. Strictly speaking, that probably costs me enough time for 1 more BP, but I think it's worth the sacrifice to ensure I don't get bopped by Meteor or something. Mana mists help a lot if you have non-SMN in the SMN party to use them.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2017-11-29 11:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

For those trying to justify how difficult AC zerg can be: I shudder to think what a shitfest your fights without SMN look like, but I guess that explains why you'd be resorting to SMN in the first place =/

No one has an issue with you using an easy method, but stop the *** of trying to say it's hard compared to literally anything else in the history of the game.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-11-29 12:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
For those trying to justify how difficult AC zerg can be: I shudder to think what a shitfest your fights without SMN look like, but I guess that explains why you'd be resorting to SMN in the first place =/

No one has an issue with you using an easy method, but stop the *** of trying to say it's hard compared to literally anything else in the history of the game.

Dont think any1 that actually plays SMN said its hard in the first place (at least in this thread), its a cheesy way of getting aeonics done fast and anyone that says otherwise is lying, and this is coming from a smn.

But like everything, you need coordination and need to know what to do at the very least, some people claim is an easy AFK mash button and while in part you mash 1 button (like all the zergs in this game), the way some people try to look down on those using SMN is whats causing some replies.

I enjoy playing smn more than just an AC button win, i dont consider it my main job but right now its a great job that needs a couple tweaks but considering its SE, i dont see it happening soon (or at least before they unfix mnk lol).

P.S.: I just read up the last page, no you dont need a nirvana to play smn or to AC burn but its nice to have.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-29 12:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont think any1 that actually plays SMN said its hard in the first place (at least in this thread), its a cheesy way of getting aeonics done fast and anyone that says otherwise is lying, and this is coming from a smn.
You should visit the OF sometime. Actually you probably shouldn't lol. But definitely seen claims that melees zergs require less itemsets, less support, less DDs, and less attention/difficulty to pull off.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-11-29 12:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »

You should visit the OF sometime. Actually you probably shouldn't lol. But definitely seen claims that melees zergs require less itemsets, less support, less DDs, and less attention/difficulty to pull off.

Oh no, i stopped going there after the BST strike but someone saying that clearly has no idea lol, melee zergs are the hardest on the sense that several things can go wrong, someone saying otherwise its just protecting AC (or should i say justifying) too much (probably people mercing aeonics and these dont want that to end).
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-11-29 14:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, the battle lives on!

Don't let it die!

Keep your HATE alive!

I've always thought zergs were pretty easy. I mean anything w/ more than 1 or 2 ppl is pretty easy. you only have 1 or 2 things to pay attention to.

/troll
By clearlyamule 2017-11-29 14:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That is why I multibox. All the things to pay attention to as a difficult solo but with more bodies and the ability to chat to myself
 Asura.Gwindor
user: finarfin
By Asura.Gwindor 2017-11-29 15:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

stop making new threads trying to get SMN nerfed........

Stop crying and do like EVERYONE ELSE !!!!!
à
LVL THE DAMN JOB and do like everyone.....
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-29 15:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

leveled it (6x), geared it (6x), made nirvana (6x), still think it needs to be nerfed

believe it or not, not everyone is jealous.. some people just prefer the game to be balanced
[+]
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2017-11-29 16:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leveled and geared it so they'd nerf it 8)
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-29 16:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well maybe they shouldn't have created so many damn jobs. It would make it much easier to balance.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-11-29 16:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Well maybe they shouldn't have created so many damn jobs. It would make it much easier to balance.
Should have a death match/tournament to thin the ranks
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-11-29 21:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

InB4: they make new relic weapons for the final phase of dynamis Divergence and render all this *** irrelevant.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-11-29 22:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Naw new relic weapons will have you fight super satellite weapons. And just like the originals they will warp out after some time during the fight. Making smn even more in demand.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2017-11-30 03:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That wouldn't be fair at all. Some jobs focus on utility over damage or healing output. Also, each melee job has a different focus and play style additionally. Ex) Drg focuses on quick initial TP gain, good with AM, but falls short on overall damage outputs due to Wyvern handicaps; in addition to Angon. Whereas War is a master of DA, but lacks TP gain. Sam is a STP, tp-spam, master, but lacks strong white damage and magical defensive capabilities. Etc.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2017-11-30 04:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »

That wouldn't be fair at all. Some jobs focus on utility over damage or healing output. Also, each melee job has a different focus and play style additionally. Ex) Drg focuses on quick initial TP gain, good with AM, but falls short on overall damage outputs due to Wyvern handicaps; in addition to Angon. Whereas War is a master of DA, but lacks TP gain. Sam is a STP, tp-spam, master, but lacks strong white damage and magical defensive capabilities. Etc.

Plus blu would be the only job left.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-30 07:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

War ... lacks TP gain
Sam ... lacks ... magical defensive capabilities

lol
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2017-11-30 09:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
War ... lacks TP gain
Sam ... lacks ... magical defensive capabilities

lol

Why do I feel like you're not laughing with me... >:x
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-11-30 09:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Because WAR gets like 100% double attack, along with any TA/QA gear you have. While being able to 4-5 hit all of their weapons.

As for Sam, Kendatsuba set.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-30 10:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That wouldn't be fair at all.
Why would a death match be fair?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8