Dynamis-Divergence Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 28 29 30
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-07-31 22:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Having any distract on prevents its major regen/evasion boost. Also having a form of attack down would slow down its AoE spam since attack down negates its regain.
[+]
Server: Asura
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-07-31 23:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Any form of attack down and magic evasion down will prevent the regain and regen affect from the respective tp attacks or does it have to specifically ones that cannot be overwritten?
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Server: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2018-08-01 00:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

keep the whm 25' away and the AoE becomes much less of an issue... position a brd or geo 4-5' away from the mob toward whm and curaga spam on that target. and for windy boss specifically, give parties wind carols / baraera
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-08-01 01:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the information. Definitely make the whm stay @25 yalms away for sure. As for my party setup, looking to beat this with 12:

1 PLD or RUN
2 WHM
2 BRD
2 COR
1 GEO
3 DDs
1 RDM

Or could this possibly be done with 8?

1 PLD
1 WHM
1 BRD
1 GEO
1 COR
2 DD
1 RDM

Buffs/Debuffs: Shell V, Protect V, Baraera, Double Wind Carol, Sentinel's Scherzo, GEO Wilt, and RDM Silence/Distract NM to prevent spells and buffs. Bard magic finale any other buffs if needed.
By Afania 2018-08-01 02:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fendarin007 said: »
Can anyone share there melee strategy for wave 2 mega boss’s please or would my group be best taking a tank/dd/Mb party for wave2/3 and Mb the wave 2 and dd wave 3 bosses. sandy Bastok and jeuno wave 2 boss seems a pain to melee any info would be great ty

Both melee and mage works, and difference isnt huge. Although I think melee kills wave 2 bosses faster.

You should use whichever setup that you have more man power to do. If your ls is mage heavy, use mage. If your ls is melee heavy, use melee.

I dont think a hybrid setup with both is a good idea, because ffxi doesnt favor mixing 2 different type of dps and split the dmg, instead the best result usually came from focusing on one type of dmg and push it to the max.

Theres a couple of streams showing jeuno and sandy wave 2 boss fights. But I cant find bastok wave 2 atm, try to search youtube.

Sandy wave 2 melee
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/288868446?t=26m05s

Jeuno wave 2 melee
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/287623068?t=34m58s

Melee setup for both takes 2 min or less to clear wave 2, mage seems a bit slower, but not that much.

Sandy wave 2 MB
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/286352467?t=50m30s

Jeuno wave 2 MB (as you can see, this position is not recommended, there are other position better than this but I cant find a video for it atm so this is all Ive found)
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/287509843?t=04h25m00s

Credit goes to streamers, I just link them.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-08-01 02:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are videos of 18 man though. Looking for ways to do with 8 or so. With 18, kill it so fast it barely has a chance to do any moves.
By Afania 2018-08-01 02:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I was replying the other guy, he didnt provide any info about his groups so.....
By Staleyx 2018-08-01 08:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Appropriate carols/scherzo are very nice. Wind threnody/Full break at start. Have rune subterfuge around 60ish to last thru the worse part while the dd's 1hour and use all ja's.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-08-01 15:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Past 50% point, I'm assuming that full timing -DT set is required.
By Afania 2018-08-01 16:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kiyarasubrosa said: »

Did you use defensive buffs? DT set is dps killer.
By Staleyx 2018-08-01 16:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolutely not unless you are about to die. I know this sounds like a duhhh comment but just need to zerg these asap before they have a chance. Bolster/sv from start.

Have bards spam finale on yaguda he will then favor his buff move instead of more dangerous moves.
By Afania 2018-08-01 16:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are videos of 18 man though. Looking for ways to do with 8 or so. With 18, kill it so fast it barely has a chance to do any moves.

If you are aiming to clear and have difficulty, are there any reason why you aim for 8 instead of bigger alliances? It shouldnt be too hard to fill up the alliance on Asura. Usually people keep the alliance small for farming and profit, not trying to act cool by clearing with less.
By Justuas 2018-08-01 16:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Your dps is 0 when you're dead.
[+]
By Afania 2018-08-01 17:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »

Your dps is 0 when you're dead.

Thus the priority is to avoid dds dying AND not using dt set. Its not one way or another. I never need to use dt set on wave 2 nm zerg, only wave 3 zerg, just saying.

I asked about defensive buffs, for a reason.

Also have to say defensive bubble geo is the easiest slot to fill up. Sit in town, shout for a nq geo, experience nor idris not required. Make them do defensive bubbles entire run, done. If thats still not enough, shout for roll only cors, rotate them in for defensive rolls, done. That alreay solved the problem of PUG lacking man power for a win.

We have 3 to 4 geo in a 18 man alliances just to stack defensive bubbles. A 8 to 12 person alliance with just 1 geo means there are no slot for defensive bubbles. I wouldnt sacrifice additional geo slot and ask dd to full time dt set when nq geos are so easy to get.
By Fendarin007 2018-08-02 09:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fendarin007 said: »
Can anyone share there melee strategy for wave 2 mega boss’s please or would my group be best taking a tank/dd/Mb party for wave2/3 and Mb the wave 2 and dd wave 3 bosses. sandy Bastok and jeuno wave 2 boss seems a pain to melee any info would be great ty

Both melee and mage works, and difference isnt huge. Although I think melee kills wave 2 bosses faster.

You should use whichever setup that you have more man power to do. If your ls is mage heavy, use mage. If your ls is melee heavy, use melee.

I dont think a hybrid setup with both is a good idea, because ffxi doesnt favor mixing 2 different type of dps and split the dmg, instead the best result usually came from focusing on one type of dmg and push it to the max.

Theres a couple of streams showing jeuno and sandy wave 2 boss fights. But I cant find bastok wave 2 atm, try to search youtube.

Sandy wave 2 melee
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/288868446?t=26m05s

Jeuno wave 2 melee
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/287623068?t=34m58s

Melee setup for both takes 2 min or less to clear wave 2, mage seems a bit slower, but not that much.

Sandy wave 2 MB
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/286352467?t=50m30s

Jeuno wave 2 MB (as you can see, this position is not recommended, there are other position better than this but I cant find a video for it atm so this is all Ive found)
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/287509843?t=04h25m00s

Credit goes to streamers, I just link them.

Thanks for the reply afania and staleyx great vids great help ty. We can cover both types of damage so I think we will try mage setup today. Other than fade/ward/scherzo what type of barspells/carols should I be using vs Bastok wave 2 boss? We found wind carol/ Baraera really helpful vs the yag.any tips/ suggestions for Ka'Rho Fearsinger would be great ty
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-08-03 13:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Random speculation, but do you think there will be a cap on the points we can currently gather? I don't think SE would allow people to upgrade 10+ weapons on the day of updates.
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2018-08-03 15:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a cap of some sort like beads to start aeonic. But who knows
By dekayx 2018-08-09 09:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone done Dyna-D post patch? Specifically the bonus zone.

Started a new shell this week so we have been doing +2 farming. Did Windy on Sunday, got 8 shards and about 350 rusted id cards. Decent haul for having new people.

Our run last night, we got 378 rusted id cards and 18! shard drops. We weren't cleaving the zone and didn't get even close to a full clear.

Did we just get insanely lucky with TH or do you think they ninja-buffed the drop rate? Don't ever remember getting this many shards before with my previous shell.

Drops:

Headhsards: Brd, Dnc, Geo, Mnk, Pld, 2xRun, Sch, 2xThf
Torsoshards: Blm, Cor, Mnk, Pld, Rng, Run, Smn
Voidhead: Rdm
4 Beastman's Medals
Relic Adaman
Moldy Gorget
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-09 09:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shards aren't affected by the bonus zone, anyway. You just got lucky.
[+]
 Siren.Lunasky
Server: Siren
user: Lunasky
By Siren.Lunasky 2018-08-09 21:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I was curious as to what elements for MBs people are using for the wave 2 bosses. For example, on Halphas, we use water MB but according to the bg wiki page on him https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Halphas (if I'm reading the chart right, it seems a bit confusing), it seems ice would do more damage than water? 30% vs 50%. I guess my real question is if I'm reading that right or if those #'s %s are correct.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-09 22:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are resistance rankings, not damage reductions. Halphas has the lowest resistance to wind, earth, and water, from that chart.
By Boshi 2018-08-10 11:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

They should make 1 volte 100% drop from megaboss.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-10 12:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

if trying to clear wave2 with 8, use mnks, dont need to zerg as long as you wear enough DT to not be one shotted

plenty of time to clean up each move before the next
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-10 13:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tested DDing on the Wave 3 bosses with /drg? I'm wondering if High Jump's 30% subbed enmity reduction every 2 minutes is enough to keep yourself from hitting cap.
By Afania 2018-08-10 13:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Has anyone tested DDing on the Wave 3 bosses with /drg?

I proposed that pages ago then I got ***storm from another guy across 2 different threads and PM.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-08-10 16:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lunasky said: »
I was curious as to what elements for MBs people are using for the wave 2 bosses. For example, on Halphas, we use water MB but according to the bg wiki page on him https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Halphas (if I'm reading the chart right, it seems a bit confusing), it seems ice would do more damage than water? 30% vs 50%. I guess my real question is if I'm reading that right or if those #'s %s are correct.

Orcs are traditionally fire based. Ice in theory would do more damage, but your M.acc/hit rate will be floored
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-10 17:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

...why would ice do more damage "in theory" to a fire based monster?
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-08-13 21:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tried to beat Dynamis-Divergence Windy with 10 and made a lot of progress. With full defensive buffs from GEO, BRD and WHM (double wind carol, bararea, geo-barrier, shell and protect), the AOEs did next to nothing from wave 2 boss. At most, took maybe 300 damage. The only problem was keeping the regen disabled. It's definitely doable with 6 (PLD or RUN, DD, COR, BRD, GEO, WHM) but everyone needs stellar gear and skill to handle. Takes a good 20 minutes to kill. Doubt the Orc or the Quadav is killable with 6.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-08-14 22:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
..why would ice do more damage "in theory" to a fire based monster?

If you could overcome the resistance ice is stronger than water. But you can't so the point is moot. Orcs are fire based. I wonder what we should use. Maybe Volt Strike.
By Nyarlko 2018-08-15 08:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lunasky said: »

That percentage is a basically a multiplier on magic damage, structured in tiers. This was formerly known as SDT. (The only way to affect those numbers is RUN's Rayke btw, which bumps up the current rune's element by the number of runes expended.) In Halphas' case, it's listed as 30% ice and 50% water, which means that ice will do only 30% of otherwise expected damage, while water will do 50% of expected damage. Water > Ice in this case.

I know this is how it works since I'm the one who translated and scraped all those numbers from the JP testing site. :D
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 28 29 30