New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis-Divergence Findings
Dynamis-Divergence Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30
By L0ki79 2019-11-13 11:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

1 Char + 1 Dup script = all the things. Thats the lowman strat.
By Brozzzz 2019-11-13 11:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

L0ki79 said: »
1 Char + 1 Dup script = all the things. Thats the lowman strat.
It's not until that 1 char becomes 0 char do we see the true lowman strat here.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-11-13 13:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
That doesn’t seem low man at all

How are you clearing? I'll take suggestions. We normally farm but are wanting to clear bosses instead.
By SimonSes 2019-11-13 16:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
tyalangan said: »
That doesn’t seem low man at all

How are you clearing? I'll take suggestions. We normally farm but are wanting to clear bosses instead.

SCH+RUN+GEO are able to kill bosses from wave 1 and wave 2 (at least it was done by godly equipped triboxing guy form my LS). For farming you only need DP COR + BRD and you can farm whole wave 1 (without NMs and traps) + some wave 2.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-11-13 17:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH GEO and COR actually. (tri-box) To be honest, SCH and COR dual box can do it (kill wave 2bosses), but u need that 3rd body to enter. Several from LS have done it this way. My 'static' goes RUN GEO(boxed) COR THF(boxed) SCH and WHM trust usually for volte farms.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-11-13 17:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
SCH GEO and COR actually. (tri-box) To be honest, SCH and COR dual box can do it (kill wave 2bosses), but u need that 3rd body to enter. Several from LS have done it this way. My 'static' goes RUN GEO(boxed) COR THF(boxed) SCH and WHM trust usually for volte farms.

And you guys are clearing the zone boss this way?
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2019-11-13 17:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »

How long does w2 boss take doing it this way? Is most of it just waiting for Helix to eat the w2 boss?
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-11-13 17:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
And you guys are clearing the zone boss this way?
Yes, wave1 and wave2 boss killed this way.

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
How long does w2 boss take doing it this way? Is most of it just waiting for Helix to eat the w2 boss?

Depends on who the SCH is and whether Tupsi or not, but anywhere from 20mins-45mins to kill the wave2 boss.

Sometimes we have a few more people (4-6) and farm 4-5 Volte Circles afterwards

Bringing a BLM helps but not needed, it's mostly Helix
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-11-13 17:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want some larger 12-18 man setup strats Kaldaek, can PM me. But yeah it can be done with just a few people if they are impeccably geared and know their jobs inside/out.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [310 days between previous and next post]
By Pantafernando 2020-09-19 05:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup.

Now we are in 2020, any new improvement for low man farming aiming like just going to bosses for the medals drops?

Ive been checking youtube, at least 2 videos of RDM solos, which is nice, but its like 30 mins fight.
By Felgarr 2020-09-19 08:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Sup.

Now we are in 2020, any new improvement for low man farming aiming like just going to bosses for the medals drops?

Ive been checking youtube, at least 2 videos of RDM solos, which is nice, but its like 30 mins fight.

Low-man is subjective, but a good party of 6 can kill a lot of mobs at a moderate pace in wave 1-2, including the wave 2 boss.

If you absolute want consistency (as insurance) given the 60-hour lockout, I recommend more than 6 (+RDM, +THF for TH).
[+]
 Asura.Trumpet
Server: Asura
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2020-09-19 09:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Tank Cor Brd DD + actual healer if you want to play it safe can genuinely tear through Jeuno thanks to the damage boost for everyone. Use the Mote TH to tag stuff with +4 or bring actual thf as a DD if desired.

Pld can prob low man better imo by being able to heal while still fully tanking and let you get away with healer trust. Doesn't hurt to be careful keeping rr up and dying in useful spots in the event of accidental megapull.

For true low scenarios, trusts like arciela with aoe heal help a ton on midboss.

If you want to be extra about it, map out where the potentially expensive shards drop and make those priority, since low man prob isn't full clearing both waves unless you're extremely efficient.
[+]
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2020-10-07 19:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [56 days between previous and next post]
By gregchiro2013 2020-12-03 00:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I use pup tank (SC very well with my cor LS spam) Cor, Geo, Blm, Blm, Sch. Pretty much SC all nms to death :) Cor one shots stats, then pup pulls Nm stats and takes about 10 mins to kill a NM.
By ksoze 2020-12-03 05:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to get my cor ready but only have moly and fomalhaut.

What would be a good set to reliably kill statues?
By zixxer 2020-12-03 05:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

ksoze said: »
Trying to get my cor ready but only have moly and fomalhaut.

What would be a good set to reliably kill statues?

If you're close to the Leaden Salute BIS on the first page, you can one shot even with Ataktos. With Fomalhaut it's no problem.

Wave 2, you might need to be above 2k TP if you need to guarantee a one shot. This again, will depend on your gear, food, and buffs.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-12-03 05:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The better set you have less TP you gonna need to hold so you can fire a shot. Ideally you want a good enough set so you can one shot even at 1000tp. So, between fomal and any other gun aside DP, fomal will be the best choice,

About the set per se, there isnt much difference between a top tier and a “good enough”, being the difference more something like relic +2 or +3, herc with regular stone augment or herc with DM augment. Aside that, probably most if not all accessories are easy to get (friomise, moonshade, archon, obi, ambu cape, etc).

Weapons, probably a pair of ambu weapon for the added macc and extra dmg.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [64 days between previous and next post]
By eeternal 2021-02-05 03:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of confused, killed w2 boss Jeuno and didn't get time extension. Pretty sure only killed like 5-6 statues on w2 only.

Would appreciate if someone can shed light
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [619 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2022-10-17 11:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Yeah, I got the joy of eating a nearly 4k Mijin on PLD last run. Wearing Aegis, of course, so that supports it being breath DMG or at least not affected by MDT.

Thing is... even in my high HP/DT enmity spell casting set, I've got capped BDT. 44% DT + 7% BDT. If the base dmg on this were 4k, that shoulda hit me less than 2k. But the actual damage I took is closer to 4k - phalanx(-51 dmg.) EDIT:I miscalculated my phalanx earlier. It's -56 on PLD. which makes this exactly 4k-56=3944.

Based on my logs it seems very likely that I was hit in said casting set. Blank gaze finished in the same second that Mijin killed me.
Code
[21:15:17]Martel starts casting Blank Gaze on Volte Shinobi.
[21:15:18]Mystogan hits Volte Shinobi for 1200 points of damage.
[21:15:19]Mystogan hits Volte Shinobi for 1202 points of damage.
[21:15:19]Mystogan hits Volte Shinobi for 1161 points of damage.
[21:15:19]Shred hits Volte Shinobi for 461 points of damage.
[21:15:19]Shred hits Volte Shinobi for 394 points of damage.
[21:15:19]Martel's Blank Gaze has no effect on Volte Shinobi.
[21:15:19]Eotfofyl hits Volte Shinobi for 375 points of damage.
[21:15:19]Eotfofyl hits Volte Shinobi for 481 points of damage.
[21:15:19]Eotfofyl hits Volte Shinobi for 478 points of damage.
[21:15:19]Eotfofyl hits Volte Shinobi for 475 points of damage.
[21:15:19]Volte Shinobi uses Mijin Gakure.Martel takes 3944 points of damage.
[21:15:19]Martel was defeated by Volte Shinobi.
Even if I'd managed to snap back into idle before Mijin hit I'd have still had 45% BDT.

So, either this hits more like 8k base and I'm reducing it to ~4k, or BDT and even DT doesn't work on it at all. If anyone has any other Mijin anecdotes that might clarify I'd be interested in hearing about them.

Anyway, in regards to using geomancy to help with Mijin. I think it's questionable in the first place if MAB/MDB even affect this particular flavor of Mijin. Breath attacks typically aren't affected by MAB as well. Well, assuming it's even breath...

But we know for certain that it can be resisted, so meva does help. And while vex may be nerfed in Divergence, Attunement should still be full strength.

The issue then is.. Does PLD with its crappy meva have a fair chance to resist with Attunement up?

While I'm interested in finding ways for PLD to deal with this, my solution is probably going to be to go RUN as soon as I have all my PLD clears. <,<;

I saw you posted this: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/archive/index.php/t-56659.html?s=3a75273a253ae26bb28f749a96866ac5

I'm having a similar issue in Dynamis Jueno with full Sakpata, Aegis (yeah I know useless), Rampart and Fealty up still eating 99,999 damage in multiple runs now. Has any solution been found? Every Volte Shinobi lately has been a death sentence.....
By Seraphpdh 2022-10-17 12:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
I'm having a similar issue in Dynamis Jueno with full Sakpata, Aegis (yeah I know useless), Rampart and Fealty up still eating 99,999 damage in multiple runs now. Has any solution been found? Every Volte Shinobi lately has been a death sentence.....
I believe it does 99,999 damage when it is used as a magic burst on you when it self skillchains you first. It always seemed like Mijin in name only.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [320 days between previous and next post]
By Pantafernando 2023-09-02 13:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup

Anyone has party setups (6man most) to beat each of dynamis zones?

Thanks in advance
 Bahamut.Eisenzahn
user: DrGonzo
By Bahamut.Eisenzahn 2023-09-02 13:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Weve been successful with strats involving AEdge/AoE spam for W3 clears. Usually its 8 people, but Im sure you can find a way to minimize it more if your not trying to go at breakneck speed, remove the THF and hope the WHM is a champ. BLU can be slotted in as well obviously.

COR COR THF GEO BRD WHM // Tank Healer
[+]
By dontclickme 2023-09-02 14:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

tank, WHM, RDM, COR, BRD, GEO

only damage sources are RDM and COR, and i've been getting consistent W3 clears with this setup.
[+]
 Valefor.Kuishen
Server: Valefor
user: Kuish
By Valefor.Kuishen 2023-09-02 17:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

We only bring PLD, COR, BRD, RDM, 2 trusts and have cleared all wave 2 bosses easily except Sandy. Sandy can be done but due to counters it's harder than the rest, we just have no reason to do it anymore. We regularly clear all of Wave 3 in Jeuno and got me my masks for Jeuno, Windy, Bastok with that setup. Took like 5-6 runs to do enough damage to wave 3 bosses to get the masks.

We did all that before Empy +2/3 so it should be even easier now.

EDIT: I had done the 10k Job Points for the Sandy Mask equivalent before we did the others so we didn't end up ever needing to put serious effort into Sandy.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-09-02 17:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I see a trend here on RDM.

Are you doing enspell dmg, or spamming seraph blades?

COR is doing leadens or savages?
By Jetackuu 2023-09-02 18:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

dontclickme said: »

only damage sources are RDM and COR, and i've been getting consistent W3 clears with this setup.
why the heck isn't the brd out there AEing things? o.O
 Valefor.Kuishen
Server: Valefor
user: Kuish
By Valefor.Kuishen 2023-09-02 18:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

In my setup, PLD is main healer and supplemented by trusts, then BRD and RDM if need be. Using Enspells and doing skillchains with Inundation. On non-NMs it's whatever goes, on wave 3 you can do a 2 person skillchain to kill them or just spam depending on the 2 hours.

On Wave 1 boss just PLD, RDM and COR engage, doing Savage (PLD) -> CDC (RDM) -> Leaden to kill.

On wave 2 boss we all engage and do Savage Blade (PLD)-> Mordant Rime -> Last Stand -> Savage Blade (RDM) -> Last Stand for Radiance.

On wave 3 NMs we do Savage Blade (PLD) -> CDC (RDM) -> Wildfire or Leaden, whatever is less resistant for you -> Rudra's Storm (BRD)

BRD is meleeing everything except wave 1 boss and fomor non-nms (cause not needed)

EDIT: The reason we have the PLD doing Savage Blade opener in wave 3 is so that there's less risk of being one-shot by the odd weaponskill while in ws gear, because they use Nyame which still has all the DT on it

EDIT2: You can also weave in Sanguine Blades as RDM whenever you have excess TP as it doesn't interrupt SC, depends on how active you want to be

EDIT3: With BRD and COR you can keep SV 5 songs up the majority of the run if you don't die or get dispelled. COR rolls are Chaos and Samaurai
 Asura.Qibble
user: KibbleK
By Asura.Qibble 2023-09-02 19:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD RDM BRD GEO/WHM COR + healer trust. Trust isn't needed, but helps. W2 boss just spam Black Halo and Savage Blade. For W3 AE circle pulls, then just Leaden>Seraph>Leaden for W3 NMs and disjoined.
By Mrgrim 2023-09-02 20:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN COR RDM GEO SCH BRD is what I used to 6box clear all w3 dyna bosses. Like the guys mentioned above your main dps will be corsair and red mage skill chaining, BRD can help with AE cleaves when needed. Lead >> Seraph >>> lead >> wildfire and some sanguine blades in between will take a W3 commander from 100 to 30%. I did throw a geohelix here and there, but was not necessary on commanders. For w3 disjoined bosses throwing helices is very nice dot which helped expedite killing it. For W2 sandy boss I would do same skillchains, but I used the orc ninja commander as a tp battery and skillchain on Halphas. With gambit/rayke/impact/bolster /shattersoul/malaise accompanied with kaustra/geo helix along the skillchains that orc will most likely die in 2-3mins. At most he will do 3 tp moves so he became the most trivial boss for me.
[+]
By dontclickme 2023-09-02 20:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
dontclickme said: »

why the heck isn't the brd out there AEing things? o.O

because when the cor and rdm average 40k+, the brd's isn't necessary
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30