First Page 2 3 ... 316 317 318 ... 409 410 411
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-10 00:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Skulker's Culottes +2
DEF:132 HP+70 STR+39 DEX+13 VIT+21 AGI+25 INT+35 MND+22 CHR+16 Accuracy+53 Attack+53 Magic Accuracy+53 Evasion+87 Magic Evasion+115 "Magic Def. Bonus"+8 Haste+6% "Despoil"+11 Critical hit rate +6% Damage taken -12% Set: Augments "Triple Attack"

Neat, but not what I was looking for

Skulker's Bonnet +2
DEF:120 HP+61 STR+26 DEX+38 VIT+24 AGI+34 INT+18 MND+18 CHR+18 Accuracy+51 Attack+51 Magic Accuracy+51 Evasion+89 Magic Evasion+99 "Magic Def. Bonus"+6 Haste+8% "Triple Attack"+5% "Accomplice"+18% "Collaborator"+18% Physical damage limit +7% Set: Augments "Triple Attack"
By Tarage 2022-08-10 01:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN earring kills Gelos. Gelos is dead. Horn possibly replaces as idle main. Might shift some stuff around in idle to take advantage of the fact that head, body, and legs all have -DT. Happy.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-10 01:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
DT on SAM head, WSD on hands or feet. DT on legs would be too good to be true so not even on my radar.

I'm glad to be sipping my own ***rn
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-08-16 03:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's Sortie time!
[+]
 Asura.Neviskio
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-08-16 03:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aburaage said: »
It's Sortie time!

May wanna add more context, emergency maint "for a few minutes" incoming on leafallia 2:00 PDT, 9 GMT, 10 BST.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Tokimemofan 2022-08-16 03:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep I got that message a short time ago myself
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2022-08-16 03:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

does it bother anyone about the fact they never even added the new slip for Empyrean reforged +2 yet?
[+]
By Tokimemofan 2022-08-16 03:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
does it bother anyone about the fact they never even added the new slip for Empyrean reforged +2 yet?
Damn straight
[+]
 Asura.Specialkid
By Asura.Specialkid 2022-08-16 07:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

it's been 80 years since we added a new porter moogle slip...
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-08-16 14:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Speaking of thf, it looks like the entire bg guide was wiped out. In april, salty fighting with someone and nuked it... I vaguely remember that conversation?

Spicyryan seems to have redone everything in the other guide linked on BG THF page: Rogue's Gallery.

I never directly said anything to the guy, but there was a THF discussion about Aeneas here a while back (where, I'm paraphrasing, but general consensus seemed to be that these days it's best MH option for Aeolian Edge but not much else). I commented about the old Community guide on BG still suggesting Aeneas over Twash for mainhand, and also noted that guide still suggested TP sets with low defensive stats, and asked if that was just an outdated guide since that sounded more in line with common advice a few years back. People said Spicy did the guide and he has a certain perspective.

Anyway, apparently he took that discussion as an attack and revamped the guide (and it's actually pretty good), but threw in several comments about the FFXIAH crowd (the "if a mob so much as breathes in your general direction" hybrid TP set is sarcastically quoting something I wrote here where I was skeptical of Adhemar sets on more current content due to the paper thin defense). IDK, maybe he just took it personal.

His guide is pretty good though. Hi Spicy.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-08-16 15:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Late to the discussion! I was on vacation ;_;
For those bored enough posting my quick thoughs on +2 armour, looking for input because I might be missing something here and there

Monk

Red Mage

Thief

Bard

Samurai

Ninja

Summoner

Blue mage

Dancer

Scholar

Geomancer

Rune Fencer
[+]
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2022-08-16 15:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
For those bored enough posting my quick thoughs on +2 armour, looking for input because I might be missing something here and there

Monk

Red Mage

Thief

Bard

Samurai

Ninja

Summoner

Blue mage

Dancer

Scholar

Geomancer

Rune Fencer
Sam's legs are deff super good and 100% replace af1+3 gloves
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2022-08-16 16:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

We don't care about your opinion. :P
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-08-16 16:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lordoftheseven said: »
Don't they leave you 1 haste away from cap?
Quite interesting if I'm wrong!
 Phoenix.Shantae
user: Madotsuki
By Phoenix.Shantae 2022-08-16 16:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bard
This has been a huge disappointment for me. Well not huge, I mean we already use all the +1 pieces, so getting +2 will only make them better in terms of stuff like macc etc, but it's disappointing to see none of those pieces got a +1 in their specific song-boosting stat. And it's particularly aggravating that Feet are not one of the two pieces with DT on it. I mean SE wtf!
I certainly agree with ya, though I was presuming if we are going to get any + to the songs on the pieces, that it is most likely they'll reserve it for the +3 versions of the armor. Gotta "motivate" us to go the all way as usual...
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-16 16:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

No. You need less than 2% JA haste from hasso enhancements (1.25%) to cap delay reduction if you have capped gear and magic haste. Even wakido sune ate are enough, they just don't have any other good stats besides loads of acc and a bit of zanshin

The pants are really good because they have store tp AND dt- in addition to capping haste
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-08-16 16:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bard
This has been a huge disappointment for me. Well not huge, I mean we already use all the +1 pieces, so getting +2 will only make them better in terms of stuff like macc etc, but it's disappointing to see none of those pieces got a +1 in their specific song-boosting stat. And it's particularly aggravating that Feet are not one of the two pieces with DT on it. I mean SE wtf!

IDK, this is one case where I'd say wait for Empy+3 to make a judgment. An additional +1 to song just feels like something that would/should only make it onto the final upgraded piece, and not the +2 version. The +2 we got is certainly not very exciting, but hey, I'll take more DEF/Meva/MDB/stats for gear I was already singing in anyway.

I'm with you on the WTF with Feet DT- though! And after Relic body, Empy reforge set having no WSD pieces is also disappointing.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-16 16:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hiraishinsenna said: »

We don't care about your opinion. :P

maybe it's actually a joke or whatever but, why would anyone ever post their opinion on a discussion forum.

In response to Sechs.. Sam set is generally good, maybe not the head, although I think you'd want that for koga AM, +11 STP is nice. Hands are really good, I still used them at +1 for sekkanoki WS, now they're actually providing more than just the TP bonus for WS. Legs are good, and due to the defensive stats, I'm likely going to swap out AF+3 hands for these. Only need like +2 Hasso to cap, so +3 on these and +4 on hands is overkill anyway. Can put, Mpaca hands on for TP now with no regerts, for TA damage + since most of our gear is rocking TA, so you.

Body is great for Zanhasso, and good defensively too.

Feet are kinda meh, still decent for sengikori, but will weaken the WS you use them on.
[+]
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2022-08-16 16:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

No. You need less than 2% JA haste from hasso enhancements (1.25%) to cap delay reduction if you have capped gear and magic haste. Even wakido sune ate are enough, they just don't have any other good stats besides loads of acc and a bit of zanshin

The pants are really good because they have store tp AND dt- in addition to capping haste
This its all about the stats that come with the hasso+
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-08-16 16:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
maybe it's actually a joke or whatever but, why would anyone ever post their opinion on a discussion forum.
Hiraishinsenna is a dear friend, he was just messing around <3

Thanks for the input folks!
Kasuga Legs still use the old model of haste+5% on Legs. Altough given how most builds for SAM use Sailfi/Ioskeha, that shouldn't be an issue for reaching 26% gear haste I suppose.

Alternatives to Relic+3 hands then would be Mpaca or... Tatenashi +1 R15? Which are sorta glass-cannon but that should be well enough compensated by Kasuga +2 body/legs which have decent enough defensive stats, even more when the +3 will be out in november.

I see the point of Hands+2 for Sekkanoki, as limited as that may be. Should upgrade them regardless though I think, given how with the +3 version they will likely become our BiS option for all physical WS, with Nyame probably remaining BiS for hybrids.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-16 16:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Alternatives to Relic+3 hands then would be Mpaca or... Tatenashi +1 R15? Which are sorta glass-cannon but that should be well enough compensated by Kasuga +2 body/legs which have decent enough defensive stats, even more when the +3 will be out in november.

Also kendatsuba tekko +1
[+]
By 1thenumber 2022-08-25 20:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

AMAN Trove - had a very interesting encounter where I entered a Mars Orb and had a rainbow before I even touched a chest. Possible bug, but the series of events were:

1) Entered a Mars Orb, opened 7 straight chests that were all noises. The last 5 all gave a belligerent bang notice. 8th chest was Ka-thwacked.

2) Got another Mars orb, immediately back to Yughott Grotto and entered the encounter. When I entered, first chest was already a rainbow which was a loud thud. Opened it then opened terminal coffer, and confirmed a Murasamemaru as the loud thud. Didn't touch the 9 brown chests. SS below.

Anyone seen anything like this? Bug? Working as intended? AMAN Trove Pity at 7 straight noises?

Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-25 20:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Random, but not a bug

(*)As of yet to be called a bug
By Rips 2022-08-26 01:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

1thenumber said: »
AMAN Trove - had a very interesting encounter where I entered a Mars Orb and had a rainbow before I even touched a chest. Possible bug, but the series of events were:

1) Entered a Mars Orb, opened 7 straight chests that were all noises. The last 5 all gave a belligerent bang notice. 8th chest was Ka-thwacked.

2) Got another Mars orb, immediately back to Yughott Grotto and entered the encounter. When I entered, first chest was already a rainbow which was a loud thud. Opened it then opened terminal coffer, and confirmed a Murasamemaru as the loud thud. Didn't touch the 9 brown chests. SS below.

Anyone seen anything like this? Bug? Working as intended? AMAN Trove Pity at 7 straight noises?

Working as intended. I would out the chance of that happening around 5%, maybe a bit lower.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-26 02:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

More like .005%. We've seen very few SS of this after months of Aman Trove changes, it happens so rare, people think its a bug. Seems like a freebie the same way your Mars/Venus can refresh from NPC, which I still havent seen that happen once in dozens of orbs. Ultra Rare.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-08-26 02:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Weren't the orb refresh rate estabilished to be around 5%?
It sure has been around that to me! Then again I only have a small sample of around a bit more than 100 orbs, mostly Mars ones.

As for the rainbow chest at start I dunno, seems to me it's way more frequent than 0.005%.
More something like 2% or 3%?
By Seun 2022-08-26 03:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

As for the rainbow chest at start I dunno, seems to me it's way more frequent than 0.005%.

Definitely closer to 5% than .005% for me. I've seen 5 rainbows on entry and had orbs refreshed 4 times from Greyson for what it's worth. I think the only thing I'd amend to my initial theory of how Trove works is that it's possible to get multiple rainbow/gold chests on entry. I've heard this several times now and I believe it's true as well.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-08-26 03:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

On a wild guess, at least based on my experience, I'd dare say it's closer to 5%.
Keep in mind sometimes the first line of chests "loads" up on your screen when you're already at the line behind.
So if you have the habit to open one of the chests behind as your first and you're really fast, it could occur that you open the chest before you notice that the first line has a rainbow chest among them.

If you let something like this happen it could skew the data into letting you think its % is lower than it really is.
By SimonSes 2022-08-26 04:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »

Definitely closer to 5% than .005% for me. I've seen 5 rainbows on entry and had orbs refreshed 4 times from Greyson for what it's worth. I think the only thing I'd amend to my initial theory of how Trove works is that it's possible to get multiple rainbow/gold chests on entry. I've heard this several times now and I believe it's true as well.

Im using mostly Mars and I had rainbow on start exactly once. I used around 60 orbs so far.
First Page 2 3 ... 316 317 318 ... 409 410 411