2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 317 318 319 ... 427 428 429
By Seun 2022-08-26 04:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Keep in mind sometimes the first line of chests "loads" up on your screen when you're already at the line behind.

I almost exclusively use Grotto so there is a run up the hill at the beginning. There is easily enough time for the chests to 'load', but I do recall 1 of the rainbows I got was at the BC in Giddeus. It was identifiable as soon as I reached the ramp ~40 yalms.
By Rips 2022-08-26 10:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I slept on it and I would roll the 5% chance for a rainbow box down to 2-3%. I definitely received more refreshed mars orbs than rainbow box appearances.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2022-08-26 11:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently re-subbed and one of my first orbs when I came back had a rainbow up as I ran up to the arena so I assumed this was the normal behavior.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-26 11:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get a double rainbow even. I've only had rainbow happen on entry twice. Once was this week, but the first one I got was a few months ago and it had 2 rainbow chests when I went in.

Still got trash, Bewitched item and Voidshard... /sigh
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-02 07:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Freshly Picked on the 8th, probably has +3 teasers
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-09-02 07:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Freshly Picked on the 8th, probably has +3 teasers

Didn't they say in a Freshly Picked several months ago that +3 wouldn't be until Winter? I don't think they'd reveal them this early. Unless my information is outdated?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-02 07:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

picked 63 wouldn't be until november at least, so they should tease it now
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-02 09:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Winter for them means beginning of March.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-02 09:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Winter for them means beginning of March.

March, 2024
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-09-02 09:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

They said November winter for +3, so that wont be until November freshly picked with their every 2 month FP schedule.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-02 10:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, did they actually commit to that timeframe? I may have missed it. What was the exact quote?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-09-02 10:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't be surprised if that november becomes december.
It's what happened to the +2 release, delayed 1 month form july to august.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-02 10:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It wasn't actually a month, was it? More like a couple of weeks or so after the July version update.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-09-02 11:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

They said they planned to release it in the July patch when they actually released it in the August patch. In my book that's a month of deejay :x
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2022-09-02 11:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
They said they planned to release it in the July patch when they actually released it in the August patch. In my book that's a month of deejay :x
Don't forget wasn't even released in patch was week and a half after
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-09-02 13:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

they can take their time, plenty to get ready for the +3 release and I'd rather it be released working than janky as this journey to Sortie has been (delays in release, messages not translated, some gear not in proper dats, etc).

But for the love of god please release the Porter Moogle slips. Some of us still enjoy the extra space and use them, not just everything in wardrobes.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-09-02 13:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
But for the love of god please release the Porter Moogle slips. Some of us still enjoy the extra space and use them, not just everything in wardrobes.

So say we all!!! Porter slips on release!!!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-09-02 14:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I had 15 spots in wardrobe available before empy +2 and earrings were added... Those are now full and I'm quickly filling up my normal inventory I guess they just really want to sell more wardrobes.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-09-02 15:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SE for 10 years: We can't add more storage, so please use the existing in-game options for your storage needs!

SE the moment they figure out they can charge for storage: we apologize for the delays in updating our in-game storage systems. In the meantime, we encourage you to enjoy our new expanded Wardrobes 9-22!
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-09-02 15:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, did they actually commit to that timeframe? I may have missed it. What was the exact quote?
Until I find it again, I changed my post to say winter rather than November. They say winter in the May 2022 digest video, and November is certainly Fall rather than Winter.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-02 16:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
I had 15 spots in wardrobe available before empy +2 and earrings were added... Those are now full and I'm quickly filling up my normal inventory I guess they just really want to sell more wardrobes.

Of course. Completely intentional they forgot to add slips. Paired with the fact that you can't stockpile Gallimaufry past 100k, you're forced to spend it on either boxes(earrings), or gear, both of which consume your inventory. Unless you toss the earrings, then FOMO on a future QOL update kicks in.

The only benefit Empyrean +2 adds as far as the inventory problem, is that a good number of the pieces have -DT% value on them. So you can remove older gear that was once for a specific purpose (say, Magic Accuracy or Accuracy swap) and use the Empy+2 instead, because all Empy+2 have very high acc/macc. It may not be as high of a value on the stat you used the piece for, but the defensive benefits easily makes up for it. You can now be a lot more tanky in a lot more sets, which is a good thing.

At this point, I'm looking through all of my jobs and seeing which former pieces of AF/Relic I can move back to slips and just use the Empy+2 variant instead, doing double duty.
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-09-02 19:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
SE for 10 years: We can't add more storage, so please use the existing in-game options for your storage needs!

SE the moment they figure out they can charge for storage: we apologize for the delays in updating our in-game storage systems. In the meantime, we encourage you to enjoy our new expanded Wardrobes 9-22!

The moment they realized they can charge for storage? They added the first paid Wardrobe options in 2016 but didn't expand on that until 2022. That's quite a long "moment" if you ask me. . .
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-02 19:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I am sure if SE could have figured out how to make more storage options from 2017-2021 with their clunky system (that they said couldn't be expanded), they would have been more than happy to charge people for it sooner rather than later.
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-09-02 20:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I am sure if SE could have figured out how to make more storage options from 2017-2021 with their clunky system (that they said couldn't be expanded), they would have been more than happy to charge people for it sooner rather than later.

Maybe. Maybe not. But the comment I responded to is factually incorrect and therefore any conclusions it implies are not valid.
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2022-09-06 03:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/59905

any guesses on the “off limits” area in Adoulin? wonder if they’re finally gonna put that airship port to use
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-06 03:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The castle itself
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-06 03:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Weird, not a single word about ambuscade in the post.

Hydra is V2, but first time in.... like 18 months there's no heads up at all on the V1 (it'll be in the freshly picked 8th)
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-09-06 04:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Additionally, we have made a couple adjustments to Crawler’s Next [S]. We know that some players enjoy the strategy of having one party gather up all the monsters and nuke them down, but at present it is possible to have the entire stomping grounds be monopolized by one party, which can have an adverse effect on other players. Therefore, we have changed the camp a little bit so that there are both Apex and Locus monsters in the vicinity

mwahahaha!!
By SimonSes 2022-09-06 06:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I have little room in the inventory even with 8 wardrobes and storing everything to slips (I have 0 ambu/relic/af armors on me, beside the job I'm currently playing). 20 earrings and 100+ empy armors is not something I would be able to fit, so they better add this ducking slip this update >.>
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-09-06 06:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninjaxtasy said: »

Additionally, we have made a couple adjustments to Crawler’s Next [S]. We know that some players enjoy the strategy of having one party gather up all the monsters and nuke them down, but at present it is possible to have the entire stomping grounds be monopolized by one party, which can have an adverse effect on other players. Therefore, we have changed the camp a little bit so that there are both Apex and Locus monsters in the vicinity

mwahahaha!!

Uhhh that sounds fun, can be like abyssea day, alliance of 18, 1 party to cleave the apexs, and 2 parties to have fun with the locus mobs.

Might need 2 paladins in the cleave party, to alternate pull while the previous paladin wait for the other 2 parties to kill all the locuses.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 317 318 319 ... 427 428 429