Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 315 316 317 ... 424 425 426

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-08 18:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Waiting for people to gather and running between things adds up.

I outright refused to get in the cycle of doing daylies/weeklies/monthlies myself. I did it for a month or two but it was unhealthy to do things I didn't enjoy for the menial rewards (1st chest mimic after farming 6 silver vouchers, yay).
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-08-08 18:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You only need to do those 4 because nothing else is time based and content releases at such a trickle that you can slowly finish out anything else you want with no worries about falling behind.

Unless you're addicted and can't restrain yourself from playing 10 hours a day, I guess.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-08-08 20:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hyakufistss said: »
Seems I need to define “playing ffxi” for you. You realize there’s more to do in this game than 4 events? Crafting? Cleaning weapons? Working on remas? Camping nms? Questing? Overworld item farming? HTBFs? Farming silver voucher RoEs? CP/EP pts? Watching moogle spin while one talks to people?

None of those things take 10 hours... try again
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-09 00:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

We used to play for a long long time in the past. I think people complaining now dont realize how things were back then... This is nothing compared to it, yall are complaining about Odyssey and having to actually play the game in a MMO.. jeeze.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2022-08-09 07:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
[snip] How exactly does it not level the playing field? [snip]

The main issue here is that I misread your initial post and missed the sentence where you proposed to remove the ability to purchase segments and make moglophones like voidstones. All of my posts here assume that you still buy moglophones with segments as it is now. Sorry. That detail changes things significantly lol.

I do not know how I feel about turning moglophones into yet another voidstone kind of thing tbh. I quite dislike those systems, they unnecessarily roadblock starting players and, again, are irrelevant to long time players - don't even need to have invested into the content to be able to spam freely, just click on the npc once then sit on the account for a couple months. Unless they'd work more like Imprimaturs, but none of us want that right?
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-08-09 09:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Rewards for the last screenshot campaign are being delievered, just got my gemstone case.
[+]
By Aerix 2022-08-09 10:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
I do not know how I feel about turning moglophones into yet another voidstone kind of thing tbh. I quite dislike those systems, they unnecessarily roadblock starting players and, again, are irrelevant to long time players - don't even need to have invested into the content to be able to spam freely, just click on the npc once then sit on the account for a couple months. Unless they'd work more like Imprimaturs, but none of us want that right?

I'd argue grinding out MM45 is already plenty of investment for people who'd want to augment in a timely manner. If players get to enjoy free KIs after that point to do Gaol at will without being forced to login for a mindless segment farm each day, I'd call that a win.

As for roadblocking: people without the right jobs or gear to find segment farming groups are even more roadblocked at the moment. Some are even paying to get segments merced for them—which is sad in many ways, but I ultimately consider it a failure of the system.

With Sortie coming out we'll likely have plenty of other things to spend our time on, anyway.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-08-09 11:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
With Sortie coming out we'll likely have plenty of other things to spend our time on, anyway.

Isnt that also just another 1 run a day with 20~ hr lockout? Cant say well have "plenty" to do now
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-09 12:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, another daily for the FOMO effect.

Yes, I'm too lazy to check, is completing Voracious Resurgence a pre-req for entering new content?
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-08-09 15:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Starbucks said: »
Yes, I'm too lazy to check, is completing Voracious Resurgence a pre-req for entering new content?

They've said multiple times that progress to a certain point in TVR is required for entry, yes.

But like.. that's the same thing as almost any event for the entire history of the game, so should have always been a pretty obvious assumption. Mission progress has been required to access the majority of new content for as long as FFXI has been around: Dynamis, Sky/Sea, Limbus, Salvage, Walk of Echoes, Wildskeeper Reives, Sinister Reign, Reisenjima/Omen, HTBF, etc.

Abyssea was really the most significant exception to that general rule, you could just go in. But the obvious difference there was that Abyssea was a stand alone purchase.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
Server: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-08-09 15:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I never saw them say TVR was required for entry into Sortie, just progress in RoV and Adoulin, at least that's the translation I saw from the last Freshly Picked where they discussed it.

TVR completion will be required for prime weapons, but afaik that's the only time they've specifically made VR progress a requirement.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-09 16:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, standard start, extended duration

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/59786-All-Worlds-Maintenance-%28Aug.-9-10%29
Aug. 9, 2022 22:00 to Aug. 10, 2022 2:00 (PDT)
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-09 16:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Another 7 hours til we see the Emp+2 stats, so excite
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2022-08-09 19:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Throw out some predictions on pieces you think will be unexpectedly good.

Some of my “I’m looking for this as soon as it’s datamined later tonight” items are DNC head, DRG legs, SAM body to name a few. But there are probably pieces in other sets that don’t get considered right now but might make a huge leap with the +2 version.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Aerix 2022-08-09 20:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything that's already good will very likely be even better. Pieces that were useless before have a decent chance of becoming situationally useful.

Even if there are no big surprises, I'm pretty sure almost all the gear will be solid. Even the +2 had base stats on par with the best gear to date, so future +3 will be ridiculous.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-08-09 20:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Stayfresh said: »
Something that makes ballad duration longer… that is in a different slot than current pieces!
I'd love a Ballad +1~2 JSE earring. Toss Paeon+ and more duration onto it for fun as well.

Edit: I think I'm most likely to be pleasantly surprised by the JSE earring .dat mine. The empyrean stuff (like DNC head) might be good, but it won't be very surprising.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-09 20:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

DT on SAM head, WSD on hands or feet. DT on legs would be too good to be true so not even on my radar.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-09 20:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Odin.Stayfresh said: »
Something that makes ballad duration longer… that is in a different slot than current pieces!
I'd love a Ballad +1~2 JSE earring. Toss Paeon+ and more duration onto it for fun as well.

Edit: I think I'm most likely to be pleasantly surprised by the JSE earring .dat mine. The empyrean stuff (like DNC head) might be good, but it won't be very surprising.

The earrings are a wild card, they have large potential, but a good chance of being completely useless.

Thief legs big winnar, 2nd place to monk legs.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2022-08-09 20:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hoping there is some changes for making the automatons relevant, but there is no hope
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-09 20:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue magic duration + and add effect potency+. Its happening
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-09 20:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I want the RNG legs/set to be dumb good. PLD and RUN sets should be good that we see that set bonus getting use.

Would be nice to see some buffs go toward BLU spells or BST pets viability.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-09 20:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jyubeii said: »
how do armor set bonuses work with empy weapon aftermath? can they both proc on the same attack?

They can, but they are currently super weak (dd set bonuses). Sakpata head augment is twice as strong as 5/5 empy for WAR on avg. DRK 5/5 set bonus increase white damage by like 5% on avg, while PDL on Sakpata by 30% (at attack cap) and augment on sakpata helm alone is still better too (assuming like 40%DA in build). They are marginal addition atm, but not the factor to wear pieces just for bonus. So individual pieces need to be strong enough to wear them and get bonus that way or bonus needs to be boosted like 5-10 times to be a factor on its own.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-09 21:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not going to be a big difference but it's still going to have a good chance of ending up with body head and legs in the thf tp set anyway (and earring)

So long as it's not overly paper.

Speaking of thf, it looks like the entire bg guide was wiped out. In april, salty fighting with someone and nuked it... I vaguely remember that conversation?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 315 316 317 ... 424 425 426