First Page 2 3 ... 225 226 227 ... 431 432 433
 Asura.Iamaman
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2021-11-04 09:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Probably lowered, less cards, less mats etc. Helps newer players get their JSE while they prep for Empy+3.

That's what I would think, but it says they are adding new requirements just for +3, which makes it sound like they are raising the bar for getting +3 relic/AF.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-04 10:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding a new, likely means, a second option, aka; easier

They're not going to make it harder.

People have been bitching about not wanting to unlock sea to get access to it, so maybe that. (maybe not, who knows, we'll know in a couple days)
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-11-04 10:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Adding a new, likely means, a second option, aka; easier

They're not going to make it harder.
Yeah I agree it'll be a second option to reforge to +3. It will probably use Job Points, since we will likely will be accruing them now...
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-11-04 10:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
So going to the Far East...?

That's a curveball.

We don't know where it's going to end up, but VR feels like it's been full of red herrings.
VR Spoilers:
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2021-11-04 10:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Yeah I agree it'll be a second option to reforge to +3. It will probably use Job Points, since we will likely will be accruing them now...

Perhaps it'll be a Resurgence reward of sorts, with the missions going there.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-11-04 10:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

trend seems to be lately to have the "hard and fast" method of upgrading things vs the "slow and steady" way. Looking at RP'ing RMEA weapons, if you are associated with a strong group you could unlock that ability in 2 hours from day one, or you can grind JP over months, but be able to do it solo.

I could see some alternate method instead of the boss scales that would allow someone to solo (slowly) their AF to +3 form without already being an extremely experienced and well-geared player, and possibly some method that doesn't require killing the wave 1 boss to unlock +3 ability for relic gear.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-04 10:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Unagihito said: »

That's a curveball.

We don't know where it's going to end up, but VR feels like it's been full of red herrings.
VR Spoilers:
So they're just toying with us and our expectations to make us believe the thing "X" only to surprise us by giving us "Y" instead lol
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-11-04 10:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

That's a curveball.

VR Spoilers:
So they're just toying with us and our expectations to make us believe the thing "X" only to surprise us by giving us "Y" instead lol

Maybe we get to go to past Reisenjima and get to see Tenzen raise Iroha.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-04 10:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
trend seems to be lately to have the "hard and fast" method of upgrading things vs the "slow and steady" way. Looking at RP'ing RMEA weapons, if you are associated with a strong group you could unlock that ability in 2 hours from day one, or you can grind JP over months, but be able to do it solo.

I could see some alternate method instead of the boss scales that would allow someone to solo (slowly) their AF to +3 form without already being an extremely experienced and well-geared player, and possibly some method that doesn't require killing the wave 1 boss to unlock +3 ability for relic gear.

I would actually consider making pieces of af+3 relic+3 and emp+3 if they came up with a non monetary way to do it.

They won't. It definitely won't be that. That breaks the rules; if it doesn't make money(gil) it stops having value. (If people could get relic+3 without buying shards, no one could make money doing dynamis and people would stop going)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-04 10:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's way too early to speculate at this point, but I wouldn't rule out one or two new zones, wouldn't dare to dream past that considering they're not gonna ask us money for it.

Which frankly makes me wonder why. They keep (rightfully?) whining that that can't do this, can't do that because they don't have the funds and the manpower.
Then sell us another expansion? Or even a miniexp?
Do they really think 90% of us wouldn't buy it?

But I suppose things must be more complicated than that of course.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-11-04 10:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

I would actually consider making pieces of af+3 relic+3 and emp+3 if they came up with a non monetary way to do it.

They won't. It definitely won't be that. That breaks the rules; if it doesn't make money(gil) it stops having value. (If people could get relic+3 without buying shards, no one could make money doing dynamis and people would stop going)

oh maybe I misled- I don't necessarily mean the actual process, more the privilege, i.e. unlocking it. Completely agree they have to always think about the effects on the economy, in particular on smaller servers where less in-demand things just don't move.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-11-04 10:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

That's a curveball.

VR Spoilers:

Let's hope that "subverting expectations" works better for them than other recent results.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-04 10:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

From the way it's worded I don't think they are offering new means to upgrade Relic from +1 to +3.
I think it's just about the pre-requirements needed to access the pieces.
I.e. entering zone X with job Y or beating wave1 boss with job Y.
An alternate method for that, then same process of upgrading.

As for Artifact and Omen I dunno... are there some pre-req to upgrade gear there? I'm not sure honestly. But then again AF is a different story, it's just a gil sink since 99% of the stuff comes from NPC and not from items players farm and want to sell (like shards for Relics).
Not sure what they could be doing in Omen or Artifact. Alternative means to obtain the Caturae scales? Weekly reset quest? I dunno.

If anything I'd be happier if they reduced the wait times. It's fine for those of us who only have a bunch of pieces to update at this time but imagine someone returning who has to upgrade 40 pieces. Even if he has all the mats and prereqs ready it's still gonna take him AGES with all those daily waits.
For Artifact you can already do that payin in Beads but clearly that's not particularly efficient. Additional means to speed up that (spending job points to make the process instant?) would be nice I suppose? Not sure if it would be useful for a lot of us though.

Returning players likely don't have a lot of JP and need a lot of pieces.
Current players likely have a lot of excess JP but they don't need a lot of pieces so the wait is usually not a big deal...
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-04 10:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

With them saying af and relic there's at least a reasonable chance they just remove the required access to dreamlands dynamis.

That was a common complaint. People don't want to do cop. Saw that complaint for years, and since they take years to actually listen, that tracks.
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2021-11-04 10:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes sense, I read it as though they were adding a requirement to unlock +3. I guess that could mean they are adding another path.

Part of me wonders if they are going to make it easier to unlock without doing the content as a specific job, so if you get a W3 clear once then you get access to all relic +3, if you kill Ou you get all AF+3, etc. I read it as more unlock than completion focus, but that could be wrong.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-11-04 11:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What does it say in Japanese? Maybe something is lost in the translation
By Sabishii 2021-11-04 11:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
What they need is for master level level-cap to be tied to master-y rank.. for the insane of us that already have a head start

I will be the master of the masters!

also... they gotta planning some new kind of expansion or content, right?

If not, what is all of this extra strength for? People didn't even need odyssey stuff really that was enough of an extra power up for current content

We gonna be master masters now (or pokemon maasters)!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-04 11:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Having to enter dynamis on every job, and clear the midboss on every job, for 4 zones, with a 3-day wait in between is a very annoying, unnecessary process, especially for a returning or newer player. Similarly, having to farm up an Omen scale (and possible share spoils with other party members) is somewhat troublesome halt to progress they could ease. Maybe they just allow people to buy access to the +3 Relic/Artifact pieces through the respective Goblins. Or using some other form of currency, like how they released WoE coin/forgotten currency or dynamis currency method for skipping certain tiers of JSE armor/weapon upgrades through the Magian Moogle and Monisette.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-11-04 12:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

With them saying af and relic there's at least a reasonable chance they just remove the required access to dreamlands dynamis.

I think this is most likely. Not just dreamlands dynamis, but don't you need sea for AF? It makes sense for them to unhitch CoP from it, the mission backlog to even start getting that gear is insane for a new player.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-04 12:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

7-5 for AF (limbus) 3-5 for Relic (apparently) ((and limbus? if that's the case then the note shouldn't even bother saying 3-5))

But CoP in general

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-11-04 14:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

kusaregedo77 said: »
the note says add new requirement though, not removing one

Exactly, my first thought was just alternate way to get "clear", same as you have job points dump route and clear W3 boss for REMA augments. Possibly some EXP or some amount of mobs killed in wave 1 or few medals traded to gob?

For Omen it might be more escha points maybe, but then you dont need scale or something like that.

EDIT: Havent noticed that Buukki posted exactly what I think it will be.
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2021-11-04 14:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

kusaregedo77 said: »

That's how I read it also, but it could be a translation error. It seems strange that they would alter that process now and do anything but ease it or open up other paths to unlocking +3.

They did say that they were changing the requirement for unlocking +3, though, and no mention of +2. So it's probably safe to assume that accessing Dynamis D zones will still be required, as will access to Omen.

I think what this will end up being is that getting a W3 clear will unlock all +3s across the board for that zone for relic and you'll have a similar option for AF.
By SimonSes 2021-11-04 14:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
I think what this will end up being is that getting a W3 clear will unlock all +3s across the board for that zone for relic and you'll have a similar option for AF.

Something like this or similar would be cool. I personally still need like 20-30 slots clears. If you play 15+ jobs and want to unlock everything, thats at least 60 dynamises, which is realistically 6 months doing it every 3 days. Now the big problem is that you also want RP or farm Heroisms and usually you RP on jobs that you cleared already, then you also might want to get RP on several things for one job (COR neck and 2-3 daggers for example), then also sometimes you need to go on job thats needed (for aliance or lowman). So in reality it might be years to get all the clears.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-11-04 15:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

It has to be a translation error. People have been building artifact +3 for years. It makes no sense to raise the requirements now. It would be completely unfair to expect newer players to go through more hoops and expend even more resources than the vets who already have the gear, just to catch up to the ones who are already ahead of them. S-E balances content so that once gear becomes old enough they make it more accessible over time, not less.
By SimonSes 2021-11-04 15:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:

It has to be a translation error. People have been building artifact +3 for years. It makes no sense to raise the requirements now. It would be completely unfair to expect newer players to go through more hoops and expend even more resources than the vets who already have the gear, just to catch up to the ones who are already ahead of them. S-E balances content so that once gear becomes old enough they make it more accessible over time, not less.

I think you missed the posts here, that suggest "adding requirement" means adding alternate requirement, not additional one on top of old ones. Perfect example would be adding requirement of 10000JP dump to unlock REMA augments, INSTEAD not IN ADDITION to wave 3 boss clear (or filling up mask bar).

So it might be exactly opposite to what you are suggesting and they might add alternate route to get Relic+3 and AF+3, to make it easier for new players.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-04 15:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, don't try to make sense of it. It's going to be some pointless arbitrary thing that they think people care about because they're so disconnected from actual players.
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-11-04 17:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Valefor.Worlace said: »
I sense with the shield update for trusts that maybe they realize the fix needed for Paladin and buffing shield skill on shields? Gives some hope?

Not sure what you mean.

PLD player can achieve very good block results even on high level stuff. Ofc achieving 100% block rate might be possible only with some dedicated gear and/or Reprisal, but that sounds fair. Ochain having shield skill would be completely broken imo and Aegis possibly even more broken than Ochain, because while not being able to auto 100% block rate everything, you could probably get it really high and with 87.5% MDT on top.

The fix for some PLD Trusts is because they use some non ilvl shields, so they have floored block rate even on some mid lvl range mobs. After fix they will probably still have floored block against 139lv mobs (or very low%), but should at least blocks a lot vs Omen trash mobs or something.

Using Ochain in dyna w3 I have around 10% block rate, which I assume is the floor. I use some block rate gear but it’s so unnoticeable anyway. It goes up a little with reprisal but it’s also not noticeable. From my readings elsewhere, it implies with high enough skill from the mob you can have a negative block rate. To me, if you’re raising the inherent ilevel of players then you should also raise things like shield skill.
By Torzak 2021-11-04 17:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

They previously added an alternative path of Vagary clears. Maybe it's similar, go in, fight an easier boss, get upgrade material, but no gear drops.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 225 226 227 ... 431 432 433