users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 220 221 222 ... 424 425 426
By Draylo 2021-09-10 10:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

joemamma said: »
Draylo said: »
The last month has been filled with one guy and probably his sock accounts, constantly bitching about this game and harassing people on forums lol. Some people just don't have a life.

They are updating this game every single month, and after they stated the game would be on maintenance mode. Is it fair we don't get the same care and energy that XIV does? Most def not, but what can we do? Already established that voting with our wallets will just make them shut this game down, the only option is to voice your opinion on official forums (GL) or just keep playing until you stop enjoying it, which looks like some people (you especially D44K) lost that a long time ago. Just take a break, yall look super stressed.

I suggest you look up stockholm syndrome.

Yikes another sock
By Draylo 2021-09-10 10:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
The last month has been filled with one guy and probably his sock accounts, constantly bitching about this game and harassing people on forums lol. Some people just don't have a life.

They are updating this game every single month, and after they stated the game would be on maintenance mode. Is it fair we don't get the same care and energy that XIV does? Most def not, but what can we do? Already established that voting with our wallets will just make them shut this game down, the only option is to voice your opinion on official forums (GL) or just keep playing until you stop enjoying it, which looks like some people (you especially D44K) lost that a long time ago. Just take a break, yall look super stressed.

Being critical of the low quality updates is justified. We've had many updates with nothing. Changing out ambu mobs is not new content. You can claim it is. But it isn't. It is ok to call SE on their *** low quality updates.

Outted yourself yet again. The only person to vigorously edit his posts multiple times after posting lol.

Nobody is saying people cant be critical, only they should keep their expectations at a realistic level. Its updated monthly, mostly fluff, not many games are updated that often. In the precious 75 era we went almost a year without updates.
By joemamma 2021-09-10 10:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh no call the police. Someone on the internet is misbehaving.
 Asura.Tsm
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-10 10:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

who exactly are all the sock accounts? could you tie them all up and explain who's who?

draylo just confirming what most of us have known for years, he's delusional and can't do anything except personally attack people.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-09-10 10:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone that disagrees with me is on a sock account. It's all one person that hates me. I mean how could anyone dislike Draylo. He is the most rational cool person on the internet.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-09-10 11:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
How is Odyssey a trash?

Mindlessly killing monsters over and over for 30mins which if you are being efficient you would need to do everyday since you can only store 2 tags

Sheol A and B made obsolete for point farming. If you go with a group solely for points you would only be able to get those upgrade items from AH.

Bosses for the most part are stupid easy outside of mboze which you need some luck to survive. Only boss that was actually fun was bird and ice tiger.

Its 6 man content that has the best gear in the game
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-10 12:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Mindlessly killing monsters over and over for 30mins...everyday

versus mindlessly killing Beastmen and statues in dynamis for 2 hours every 3 days?

Sheol A and B made obsolete for point farming. If you go with a group solely for points you would only be able to get those upgrade items from AH.

It's not obsolete, you just get less because the level is lower. You can still earn gil, and likely more of it because of S&D. You still get a lot of mats from just individual drops. With that said, has anyone actually tried point farming the lower tiers with an excellent group and actually did the comparison? I see people often say this, but if you optimize a lower tier group with good players, you can probably push the limits of what we expect to earn in segments, because the monsters are so much weaker and easier to kill solo/blue cruel joke/in pairs etc.

Bosses for the most part are stupid easy outside of mboze which you need some luck to survive. Only boss that was actually fun was bird and ice tiger.

Have you tried killing 3 bosses in one visit as they intended, or are you talking about single boss kills? Obviously the bosses are easy when you pile on the buffs. Have you done or even attempted a T4>T3>T2/T1 or T3 x3 clear like the JP have? I have done a T4>T3>T2 (or T1) clear before, and it was challenging. Even think we may have done 2 T3s in one run (actually killed), but have never done 3 T3. It's only easy because you are choosing not to extend the challenge. Let me know how easy an Arebati is with only RNG + COR and maybe RDM, because you used SMN, BRD, and GEO on other T3s.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-09-10 12:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Mindlessly killing monsters over and over for 30mins...everyday

versus mindlessly killing Beastmen and statues in dynamis for 2 hours every 3 days?

It's not obsolete, you just get less because the level is lower. You can still earn gil, and likely more of it because of S&D. You still get a lot of mats from just individual drops. With that said, has anyone actually tried point farming the lower tiers with an excellent group and actually did the comparison? I see people often say this, but if you optimize a lower tier group with good players, you can probably push the limits of what we expect to earn in segments, because the monsters are so much weaker and easier to kill solo/blue cruel joke/in pairs etc.

Have you tried killing 3 bosses in one visit as they intended, or are you talking about single boss kills? Obviously the bosses are easy when you pile on the buffs. Have you done or even attempted a T4>T3>T2/T1 or T3 x3 clear like the JP have? I have done a T4>T3>T2 (or T1) clear before, and it was challenging. Even think we may have done 2 T3s in one run (actually killed), but have never done 3 T3. It's only easy because you are choosing not to extend the challenge. Let me know how easy an Arebati is with only RNG + COR and maybe RDM, because you used SMN, BRD, and GEO on other T3s.

Once you get wave 3 clears you really never have to do Dynamis again.

(I don't count mid boss runs cause that takes like 20 mins tops)

Where as for Odyssey. You got to do it every day if you want to spam V15 a lot.
By SimonSes 2021-09-10 12:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Once you get wave 3 clears you really never have to do Dynamis again

Here we have it!
The best event is when you need to clear it once, then use your bought/botted/multiboxed gils to buy everything you need. That is successful event :)

Just stop Buukki, its not worth it.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-10 13:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

99% of players aren't doing the content as intended. this is somehow successful content in your book.

to be fair, even if it is a good idea, it has not been well recieved.

just stop 1%ers. its not worth it.
By SimonSes 2021-09-10 13:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »
99% of players aren't doing the content as intended. this is somehow successful content in your book.

This is obviously not true. Unless you mean doing 5% to get RP.
If you mean killing single NM, not 3 at once, this is also intended. 3NMs are intended for more experienced group for better challenge and reward ratio. Single NM is intended for more casual players.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-09-10 13:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
This is obviously not true. Unless you mean doing 5% to get RP.
If you mean killing single NM, not 3 at once, this is also intended. 3NMs are intended for more experienced group for better challenge and reward ratio. Single NM is intended for more casual players.

I usually agree with you, but it sounds like you're suggesting doing 5% to get RP is doing the content as intended. It most certainly isn't. See this accepted bug, from 4 months ago:

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58187-Sheol-Gaol-rewarding-too-many-RP-for-failed-runs-when-using-Mog-Amplifier.

(You don't really need them to accept it as a bug to know that though, it's ridiculous design)
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-10 13:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

if you don't want repeated content, why are you playing an MMO vs other options?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-09-10 13:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
if you don't want repeated content, why are you playing an MMO vs other options?

Doing content over and over is fine... just make sure to add the fun ^_~
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-10 13:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
See this accepted bug, from 4 months ago:

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58187-Sheol-Gaol-rewarding-too-many-RP-for-failed-runs-when-using-Mog-Amplifier.

(You don't really need them to accept it as a bug to know that though, it's ridiculous design to allow that intentionally)

And yet, they skipped entirely over it when addressing the Asylum Bug (which was submitted at the same time). Same with Entrust. Intentional or not, their laziness in addressing it (4 months with no action) has made people believe this is how the event is supposed to operate. For all we know, it is, based on their non-action. So now you have groups of people who only need to fulfill that small requirement to be rewarded. Not solely because they are abusing a system, but because the devs are lazy.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-09-10 13:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I think they accepted the bug so they could pretend it wasn't intentional, but have no intentions of fixing it. They treat XI like a mobile game, full of gimmes and handouts, and stray away from any content that will be difficult enough to dissuade casuals. This gives them a way to both give handouts to casuals and pretend they have elite difficult content.

Combine that with the amount of bots and automation windower provides, and you're basically playing an auto-battler phone game.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-09-10 13:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the accepted bugs area of the forms where submitted bugs get moved to once they've been acknowledged as valid submissions by one of s-e's forum admins (IE: Follows syntax, has all required fields filled out, has sufficient information to follow up upon, includes relevant details related to character and events.. etc etc). Accepted bugs get moved to either "Confirmed/Planning to Address", "Working as Intended", or "Unable to verify" once they've been reviewed by a dev.

Since that bug report is still in the accepted bugs section it suggests the dev's haven't even gotten around to looking at it yet.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-10 14:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you can read much into their behavior about where they move submitted bugs. Could be a mistake.

I submitted a bug for the Shinryu HTBF, a valid one, and they moved it to "Not a Bug". My guess is they didn't feel like doing the work to correct whatever Abyssea Temp-item restriction they put in place that broke Pyric Bulwark, so they just dismissed it. Goes back to dev laziness.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-10 15:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

20 years ago, SE built a beautiful beach house on the sandy shores of an ocean. Quite acceptable, if just building a 2 story bungalow to last a generation or two.

But over the years, that beach bungalow SE built lasted a lot longer than they ever intended, and has grown into a 40 story skyscraper. And now that foundation built on sand is showing its vulnerability.

These "bugs" we keep seeing with every additional content added...you can't convince me that they aren't in part due to that foundation. And the longer the game lasts, the more we're just gonna have to accept sadly.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2021-09-10 15:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you can read much into their behavior about where they move submitted bugs. Could be a mistake.

I submitted a bug for the Shinryu HTBF, a valid one, and they moved it to "Not a Bug". My guess is they didn't feel like doing the work to correct whatever Abyssea Temp-item restriction they put in place that broke Pyric Bulwark, so they just dismissed it. Goes back to dev laziness.

They might just not like that you included a screenshot using battlemod.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-10 16:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be. Either it's a bug or it isn't. All of the required information is accurate nonetheless. Move to "insufficient information" if something is off.
By Draylo 2021-09-30 19:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

No idea what they're saying, but that sweet intro music

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2021-10-01 05:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Mindlessly killing monsters over and over for 30mins
I really don't understand the hate for this part. Purely numbers-wise it is on par with DynaD, so you actually can wipe quite easily if you mess up and unlike that event you do need to optimize and try different strategies if you want to push your results to 10k or higher.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-04 10:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing in October
November Voracious missions to be a "banger"
"Working hard to bring you the content we promised earlier in the year" - So December is the new job progression system? Looks like they are keeping to one major content thing per year, seems to be how they are rolling it out.

Glad they are telling us ahead of time what they are doing and when to look forward to it. ZzZ
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-10-04 10:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing in October
"Working hard to bring you the content we promised earlier in the year" - So December is the new job progression system? Looks like they are keeping to one major content thing per year, seems to be how they are rolling it out.

Glad they are telling us ahead of time what they are doing and when to look forward to it. ZzZ

Quote:
I’m positive you’ll all enjoy seeing where the next tale will unfold!

LETS GO TAVNAZIA!?

Like i said here, two songs added in September.
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-10-04 15:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Nothing in October

Quote:

LETS GO TAVNAZIA!?

Oh sorry, I forgot to update that other post:
BGM31 is used in the first CS of the 5-3 Mission
BGM32 is used in the second bullet point CS of the 5-5 Mission
[+]
By Draylo 2021-10-04 15:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

We finally gonna go there after all this time? That would be crazy
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-10-04 16:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Unagihito said: »
Nothing in October

Quote:

LETS GO TAVNAZIA!?

Oh sorry, I forgot to update that other post:
BGM31 is used in the first CS of the 5-3 Mission
BGM32 is used in the second bullet point CS of the 5-5 Mission

Way to crush my dreams. I'm still going to hope it'll happen.

My second guess is Adoulin if not Tav. It is listed as a required expansion on the website.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-10-04 17:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Way to crush my dreams. I'm still going to hope it'll happen.

My second guess is Adoulin if not Tav. It is listed as a required expansion on the website.

I still just think they're all 'required' so they can write a story that knows you've done everything up to that point. With how it's going I'd guess some CoP character like Jabbos will show up.
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2021-10-04 18:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So December is the new job progression system?
I would expect it to happen next month, due to it being the 11th month and all. Also, releasing major features in December is just asking for trouble.
First Page 2 3 ... 220 221 222 ... 424 425 426