By Draylo 2020-04-24 10:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So now you have a reason for all the nay sayers on server merges
By Mattelot 2020-04-24 10:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
So now you have a reason for all the nay sayers on server merges

You're not kidding there, my friend.

I wasn't so much a "nay sayer" as I probably would have voted "no" given the chance but at this point, I probably would be more in favor of it. Back when Levi and Remora were going to be merged, I was excited. I thought "oh cool, more people!" I thought that would mean less time waiting to get exp parties, etc. However, it started a ***show.

And even when I returned to the game and you can still go to many places on Levi and be the only one there all day, I enjoyed it for some things... no competition for certain tasks. Weighing the options, I'd be ok with a merge at this point. We need more people for the meat and potatoes of the game.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-24 10:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no problem in killing Mireu in any server.

Only problem is lack of advertisement. Because unity chat just stoo spamming tells when Mireu is up.

Doesnt matter if there are 50 100 or 200 people in zone. Just few can actually load it to fight. And neither are necessary more than a dozen of players
By Pantafernando 2020-04-24 10:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

We should be past the point of discussing merging too.

Its quite simple. If you want more people, move to assura, maybe odin.

If youre a multibox that cant stand competition, move to low populated server.

Merging is a business decision, but if not for that, its just forcing a situation onto players that are ok with how things are right now. Dont talk like you know people on that server better.

Thats even more true for people who arent even on said small servers
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-24 11:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Its quite simple. If you want more people, move to assura, maybe odin.
Naw, all the rejects should go to Bahamut.

Asura is now closed, I cover the quota of retard! No more is needed, the job is filled for the most braindead player on Asura!
By SimonSes 2020-04-24 11:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut got a lot of people recently. Lots of people shouting to buy REMA mats even overpriced. Several people spam shouting to find people who will merc them stuff, which is quite new on Bahamut.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-24 11:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Bahamut got a lot of people recently. Lots of people shouting to buy REMA mats even overpriced. Several people spam shouting to find people who will merc them stuff, which is quite new on Bahamut.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-04-24 15:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Tons of people coming back on Bismarck as well as driving prices on REMA stuff and Relic items. Also doesn't look like we are getting anything new this update... SE will blame covid19 while they make more money due to sub uptick and lowering the cost of their resources...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-24 15:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have a theory. What if RMT price fix rema mats higher to encourage more returning players to buy dat Gil. Because it seems every server is seeing an influx but some of it doesnt make any sense. At least not with just normal returnees. The price really shouldn't be going up as much as it has been, I'm wondering what else the hell is going on
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-04-24 15:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen a couple of returners magically buying 1billion gil worth of items - Must've got their trump bucks
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-24 15:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps. I'm just baffled at shouts for 80m cait sith crown, people buying aggregates for 10x (yes not 5, TEN) the price of heroism crystals and 1m/stack alexandrites. There's prices and then there's stupid prices. And then there's @what the hell is going on here" prices. We know why su5s and necks are down, but if stimulus check was the reason why mats are going up, then why wouldn't necks by that same logic go up similarly? I'm asking/wondering, I've stopped buying because stuff is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Not saying it's not just returnees and Gil buying. It could be. Just weird
By Pantafernando 2020-04-27 06:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Stay home campaigns next month
 Lakshmi.Zaps
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2020-04-27 07:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

su5 necks are down because of the statue crusher campaign. the most expensive mats are bought with kindred and beastmen medals which halved in price during the campaign.

Mats are heavily affected by whatever the current months campaigns are.

Returners dropping 1B is obv sketchy, but i've found most returners get told about all the gil fountains we have now and end up spending a lot of time farming gil initially because "holy crap i can finally be rich"

but also rmt activity is pretty rampant across all servers. It's pretty easy to track, especially on the smaller servers.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-04-27 07:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Stay home campaigns next month

Next month offers mostly everything of Value except Dyna campaign haha.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-27 08:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Su5 necks were down before the statue crusher campaign. I paid 55M for my RNG neck almost 2 months ago when medals were back up. If you believe people are spending "a lot of time farming gil initially", idk what to tell you.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-27 08:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Nearly clearing all statues from wave 1 and 2 with 6 chars nets roughly 12~15 medals of each type (one shooting nearly all statues).

That should be about all the campaigns can offer. Very nice but not game breaking. Actually this should be a permanent feature if SE ever consider dropping relics reforge prices. I still think payimg near 40m for a piece too much considering its just a part of a set and its not even crafted (so no random ***involved).

But thats wishful thinking. After years and nothing chnages.in dyna div, unlikely anything will change in near future
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-27 08:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It should have always been a part of dynamis, with an increased chance during the bonus week zone. I keep saying that in my head every time I do dynamis during this campaign.
By Taint 2020-04-27 08:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
, people buying aggregates for 10x (yes not 5, TEN) the price of heroism crystals weird

Its always been that way with Aggregates....I've never understood it. I even bought a stack for science to see if they did in fact give 10x the points. (They don't)
 Lakshmi.Zaps
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2020-04-27 08:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

our server was also the center of dupegate, so thats a factor.

If a returning player spends a bunch of gil i dont assume they bought it. I had a lot stashed away when i quit 8yrs ago.
If they keep spending at a high rate and dont have an obvious gil source? Then yeah, probably buying.

And yes, most of the returners i know from the last 6+weeks have all spent a fairly significant amount of their time doing gil-farming activities. Mostly because the purchasable gear for a lot of jobs are a fast and efficient way to get a job ready for hard content without the time gates of omen cards/dynamis. Not to mention the appeal of dyna necks, SU5 weps, or just needing gear to fund the REMA that had always been a pipe-dream until recently for a lot of people.

its not as cut-and-dry as "new player has gil, they must have bought it"
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-27 08:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

its also funny seeing shard prices during off campaign times for 6.8+m when the single medal price is under 2.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-01 06:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Given how much information was provided in the upcoming version update announcement, Im not sure if we will even have the ambuscade rotation, lol

Probably the most cheap announcement i ever saw since i started

Rofl

Bullseyes.

Not even ambuscade rotation next month.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-01 06:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish it was frog ambuscade instead...
By Numquam 2020-05-01 08:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So, we're stuck with orcs for another 30 days?
By Draylo 2020-05-01 08:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So how were they able to change it last month? That is lame, stuck doing the same rotation another month!
By Pantafernando 2020-05-01 08:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely they had some progress to pull the ambuscade. I myself was working normally till half march.

And Japan were going on normally till they called off olympics.
[+]
By Numquam 2020-05-01 08:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely they had some progress to pull the ambuscade. I myself was working normally till half march.

And Japan were going on normally till they called off olympics.

That's cool. Everyone should stay safe. At least its an easy ambuscade. Annoying, but easy.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-01 08:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What if they made this month free, a lot of companies are giving free subs or waiving fees!
By Pantafernando 2020-05-01 08:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Well they are providing a service so it doesnt justify free month.

Maybe some discount given we are getting no updates like usual but im not sure if our contract demand this. Either way, not giving any update is just a bit worse than what they normally give to us, most of time.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-05-01 10:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe some discount given we are getting no updates like usual
Oh how spoiled we've become under these evey-month-is-an-update times. Myself included.

I think they'd point back to how for years we'd get maybe 3~4 real updates a year or so.
Though it wouldn't shock me if we did get something like pells or kupons for stuff if June's "update" is as equally void.
(Moreso because I'm fairly certain Sheol B+C was likely projected to be finished by now... not to mention anything else they've had in the works.)
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-05-01 10:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
I think they'd point back to how for years we'd get maybe 3~4 real updates a year or so.

When we got 3-4 updates a year, every update had stuff to get excited about. Now, we get maybe 2 worthwhile updates and a lot of amb/roe shuffling. It wasn't less content, it was more.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 130 131 132 ... 424 425 426