2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 129 130 131 ... 428 429 430
By volkom 2020-04-23 10:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Man, I cant choose what job to play. If I would need to decide on one custom WS I would freeze in forever "cant decide" error.

could be a custom ws per weapon type :3
By SimonSes 2020-04-23 11:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
SimonSes said: »
Man, I cant choose what job to play. If I would need to decide on one custom WS I would freeze in forever "cant decide" error.

could be a custom ws per weapon type :3

You make it sound like it would require a lot of dedication, so you would still need to choose priority. #cantdecideerror
By Taint 2020-04-23 11:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
They should do a weaponskill reforged. Where we can do some stupid series of quests to build a weaponskill. The tech is already kinda there with merit weaponskills where we basically pick a ws and adjust a stat modifier.

like you could be given options but you could only pick like 3-4 after a base components like:
-** choose a base attribute (str, mnd, dex, vit etc...)
- multistrike (4 - 8 hits)
- crit strike
- damage varies with TP
- deals (elemental) damage
- drains target's HP
- additional attribute
etc...the stats could be on a tier system or something~
also don't allow the custom ws to have any skillchain properties to keep it "simple".

and the quests could be like

To add STR as an additional attribute (1% modifier) get 1 Helm of Briareus. to raise it to a 100% modifier fetch a 10000.
or to add multi hit fetch 10000 ancient beast coins. or do 1000 Lv. 99 KSNM/BCNM fights
and we can have the option to respec ws components to something else within the same tier by doing a quest.

It could revitalize many different areas of the game... (just a thought i had from bed this morning)

Trials of Magian WS edition.

I'd be down.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-23 11:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Trials of Magian
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2020-04-23 11:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Trial 6942: Mireu - WS killing blow x5
[+]
By Taint 2020-04-23 11:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Unagihito said: »

Lmao
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-23 11:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Knowing SE, they would do that, but instead of x5, it would be x500.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-04-23 11:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Please trade in 500 Wyrm Ash for Extenerator v2.0

CHOTTO MATTE, YO! UNO MOMENTO
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-04-24 06:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Given how much information was provided in the upcoming version update announcement, Im not sure if we will even have the ambuscade rotation, lol

Probably the most cheap announcement i ever saw since i started
By Draylo 2020-04-24 07:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Same, is there still a lockdown in Japan? To be fair I'm sure that has affected the update.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2020-04-24 07:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

There is. On the xiv side they already pushed the 5.3 update back a month+
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-24 08:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't anticipate any real update besides another Ambu swap for this month, since looking at last month's comments about only delivering bare minimum. Unless they roll out last minute Odyssey plans (which they have not mentioned since then, so unlikely), this is probably just going to be an ambu/aman trove reset.
By SimonSes 2020-04-24 08:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Given how much information was provided in the upcoming version update announcement, Im not sure if we will even have the ambuscade rotation, lol

They ninja edited it with info about ambuscade actually.
By Senaki 2020-04-24 09:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Unagihito said: »

Just no.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-04-24 09:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Mireu kills (not killshot lol) wouldnt be terrible, since it might actually force people to try and kill it instead of just warp out for an hour, but the damn thing seems to spawn once every 5 days.
By Draylo 2020-04-24 09:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

People still warp out? On Asura it always dies now, up to 100 points per run, living the dream.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-24 09:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Consecutive Mireu kills has been the best thing for Domain invasion. I would do it and it would sure be a good way to piss off players who want speedy progress on stuff. Also, you wouldn't be able to buy your way to it (though you could afk your way into one), and getting 5 Mireu clears is more of a matter of chance of actually seeing it than skill in clearing the content.

Would be a sucky way to hide rewards behind, which means SE has definitely considered it. xD
 Asura.Erupt
user: erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-04-24 09:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure we'll get ambu at least and campaign changeout, I feel like these things are already decided for the whole year especially with the rotating gallantry rewards. But yeah not ***else. If they don't change ambu I'm ok with a points refresh and another month of this free ambu.

Pantafernando said: »

By Mattelot 2020-04-24 09:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
People still warp out? On Asura it always dies now, up to 100 points per run, living the dream.

Probably on the lower population servers. I've talked to people who have seen it but never end up killing it because not enough show up or people give up too quickly and they decide it's not efficient use of their time. If there was a chance for something other than instant capped daily DI, I'm sure people would be more inclined to stay.
By Draylo 2020-04-24 09:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

There is incentive because after you kill it increases the cap you get per DI, so now on Asura one DI run gives you 100 points total.
By Mattelot 2020-04-24 09:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that permanent? Where did SE say that? I must have missed it.
By Draylo 2020-04-24 09:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think its permanent until you lose a Mireu. I was surprised myself but it must have been one of the last few big updates they had.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-04-24 09:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

There is incentive because after you kill it increases the cap you get per DI, so now on Asura one DI run gives you 100 points total.

Odin is getting 100/kill now as well, is that the maximum we can get the cap up to?
By Mattelot 2020-04-24 09:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't find info on that anywhere.

While that's cool, I can still see it still not being efficient for some players on some servers. Once the lower population servers start killing it regularly..
By SimonSes 2020-04-24 09:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

On Bahamut its 4852 dragons kill in a row atm. 100 points every DI for few weeks now I think and thats good because 2 daya ago I lost my arrow...
[+]
By Draylo 2020-04-24 09:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It is efficient for everyone, not sure how it wouldn't be. They nerfed him so he is easier to kill (I think) and it gradually increases the max DI points per day to 100 (not sure if that is what it caps at.) That means every DI you do gives 100 total points and you cap in one run without needing to get killshots or continue doing it. Not much incentive for farming beads like before but nice and quick points.
By Mattelot 2020-04-24 09:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's say that all you're wanting to do is cap your DI. Mireu pops but nobodys killing it. Do you just move on? Do you spend however long waiting for people to help kill?

On a populated server where you know if he pops, he's going down, it's absolutely efficient.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-24 09:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

There a few moments where just 2 or 3 players do dragons. Plus, during entire Mireu timer, not a single shout in unity chat.

So, its necessay the few people who actually notice Mireu go to town to call others otheewise there is a non-negligible chance to actually losing it. Worst case is *** warping out of Mireu and dont call anyone. With no chat, its possible to lose it (my server already lost it once).

Aside that situation, Mireu is easilt killable in any server. Its just a matter of gathering people.
By Mattelot 2020-04-24 09:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree it's killable on any server. As Draylo stated, on Asura, it's killed every time. They have the population to make that happen. I cannot speak for any other server but my own. I have seen several times where even while people are shouting, not enough show up. I'm sure that will be less of a "thing" as time passes. Just as in history when COP wyrms went from being ignored to camped.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2020-04-24 10:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »
I agree it's killable on any server. As Draylo stated, on Asura, it's killed every time. They have the population to make that happen. I cannot speak for any other server but my own. I have seen several times where even while people are shouting, not enough show up. I'm sure that will be less of a "thing" as time passes. Just as in history when COP wyrms went from being ignored to camped.

I used to play on Quetz, as my name says, so I do see the problem here. When a server only has 300 people online, most of which are occupied with events or afk, then motivating people to go out and kill the 'rare' dragon can certainly be troubling.

Odin has a huge JP population that have, as far as I am aware, been the ones killing the dragons for us.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 129 130 131 ... 428 429 430