2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 119 120 121 ... 424 425 426
By FaeQueenCory 2020-02-28 08:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Oh, and I may have called it in an earlier post, but I'm guessing Monberaux's AI is a copy-paste of Yoran-Oran (UC)'s which is why Yoran glitched from people's auto-sorted lists after the February update. They copy-pasted it and forgot when they toggled the flag for Monberaux to be deactivated in-game until the March update, it also toggled something off about Yoran. Just my speculation.
That wouldn't have affected the sort list. Also: Monberaux is the reward from doing a year's worth of Deed RoE... not something that will just pop up for everyone.

The Yoran (and other UCNM Trust spells) thing was most likely caused by Siren's addition messing with the spell list file.

Asura.Aldolol said: »
Hopefully the trust isn't Yoran-Oran copy and paste but if it is, it will be more interesting to see if they carry on this reward system and what they will offer for going to 960.
He's going to be a "chemist". So infinite potions and ethers. iirc he doesn't have a weapon in any of his CSs, so either he'll be close range punching, or he'll stand at a distance and do nothing but toss meds.
[+]
 Asura.Phinneus
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ayer
By Asura.Phinneus 2020-02-28 08:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Butcherb0y said: »
What is wrong with people. Be happy there is even a NEW content being release.

Maybe it would be oay if I wasn't continuing to pay a subscription fee... As a community we should expect more from the dev team, not less. I get that it's an old game, but to let them think it's okay to starve us of content, and that we should "be happy" with whatever kind of scraps they can spare feels a bit defeatist.

I'm happy to see new content popping up. Hopefully it's well balanced. Looking forward to see the gear upgrades. Might be time to dust off some of my UNM gear if that's what it ends up being. I guess we'll find out soon.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2020-02-28 08:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What was the time gap between AF+3 and Relic+3? A year? Yet we probably won’t see Empy+3 until 2024.

It’s just a bit frustrating to see what new content the Dev team is spending time on. Oh, let’s go revamp Domain Invasion and turn it into a mess rather than focus on new content. Oh, let’s spend time making a new ambuscade volume 2 battle each month that rarely no one ever does. I mean, in the past year, we’ve gotten a couple new BCNMs, domain invasion revamp, job updates, and ambuscade weapons.

I know that SE doesn’t put a lot of time into development of this game anymore, and it’s impressive that it’s even still standing and playable today. But the choices the dev team makes on what to spend their time on is beyond puzzling.
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-02-28 08:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
What was the time gap between AF+3 and Relic+3? A year? Yet we probably won’t see Empy+3 until 2024.

It’s just a bit frustrating to see what new content the Dev team is spending time on. Oh, let’s go revamp Domain Invasion and turn it into a mess rather than focus on new content. Oh, let’s spend time making a new ambuscade volume 2 battle each month that rarely no one ever does. I mean, in the past year, we’ve gotten a couple new BCNMs, domain invasion revamp, job updates, and ambuscade weapons.

I know that SE doesn’t put a lot of time into development of this game anymore, and it’s impressive that it’s even still standing and playable today. But the choices the dev team makes on what to spend their time on is beyond puzzling.

i mean to be fair- Side content is usually developed along mainline content in most games, and usually wont detract from the production of said mainline content. i'm willing to bet this is absolutely going to be the Empyrean +2/3 update as it looks to be WOE Based. WOE being tied to Abyssea via some loose strings.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-02-28 08:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
i'm willing to bet this is absolutely going to be the Empyrean +2/3 update as it looks to be WOE Based. WOE being tied to Abyssea via some loose strings.
Odyssey is most likely the promised "unrelated to UCNM" battle content they have talked about releasing for the past 6mo that will give us ranked single path augments for +1 UCNM gear.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-02-28 08:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Odyssey is most likely the promised "unrelated to UCNM" battle content they have talked about releasing for the past 6mo that will give us ranked single path augments for +1 UCNM gear.

¿Porque no los dos?
 Fenrir.Loynis
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-28 09:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I look at it this way, we have three possibilities. It's either the UCNM upgrade system, Emp +2/3, or something completely different that may leave us scratching our heads. Strong cases can be made for both UCNM and Emp +2/3, but also don't forget we also had Mireu thrown at us last month and we didn't see that coming.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-28 09:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Calling it in advance:
Monberaux will distribute temporary items to you as his primary function(potentially to your teammates as well).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-28 09:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's clearly the new unity as they have said zero about empy and they've been constantly talking about a unity rework for months now, along with the domain changes and siren (all of these were announced around the same time). They've done all of the latter, so if we're following their own timeline, it's going to be for unity, as Fae mentioned.

When they start talking about empyrean gear in the plans, we know the release will be soon after that
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-02-28 09:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
¿Porque no los dos?
Because they seem to be saving that for the 20th anniversary next(?) year.
Though we'll find out more next Friday when the writeup drops.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-28 09:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

They're probably scared to tackle emp. Our most obsessive players all know how hard it's going to be to strike a balance between disappointment and overpowered, and the devs don't know half what we do.
[+]
By tyalangan 2020-02-28 09:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

SE Exec: What has been the most successful new content?

Employee: Lilith BC, sir.

SE Exec: Must be because of the battlefield mechanics! What is unique about it?!

Employee: Fetters, sir.

SE Exec: New content must have more fetters and be highlighted in the promo pic! This will surely get those back for the free login to resubscribe! And they say we do not know our user base!
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-28 09:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

doesn't seem to hard to me to produce Empy+3 gear and keep it balanced. Just because it started off stronger than AF or Relic (it did start out as higher level gear than those previous ones, after all) doesn't mean it has to remain that way.

It will be fun to see how some of the uniqueness is transferred. Example: Increasing the Mana Wall effect on Wicce Sabots+1 from 15% to 25% would be quite broken. But perhaps they choose to keep it at that 15% and make them a more potent nuking option as well. They don't necessarily have to boost the signature part of the piece, and I'd wager every job has at least 1-2 pieces of empyrean gear that boost some unique aspect of the job.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-28 09:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
choose to keep it at that 15% and make them a more potent nuking option as well.

if they aren't the most potent nuking option, they're gonna stay +1

that's why it's not easy to balance.. they need to make pieces that will motivate people to do the new difficult content in a game where tons of people are unwilling to do new difficult content, while not making them so strong as to trivialize everything else, when most of these pieces are already quite decent
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-28 09:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
choose to keep it at that 15% and make them a more potent nuking option as well.

that's why it's not easy to balance.. they need to make pieces that will motivate people to do the new difficult content in a game where tons of people are unwilling to do new difficult content, while not making them so strong as to trivialize everything else, when most of these pieces are already quite decent

totally got me there. Was looking at it from a pure math aspect, forgetting that w/o something worthwhile to the players we won't do it....its not so much balancing the result, but balancing motivation w/o overpowering. Thanks for the quick reminder of what we, the playerbase can be like to deal with hehe.
By orangemanbad 2020-02-28 09:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »

SE Exec: Must be because of the battlefield mechanics! What is unique about it?!

SE Exec: New content must have more fetters and be highlighted in the promo pic! This will surely get those back for the free login to resubscribe! And they say we do not know our user base!

Fetter trust incoming.
[+]
By orangemanbad 2020-02-28 09:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

From the FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team

Announcing the Next Version Update (02/28/2020)

The next version update is scheduled for early March.

March brings along with it all-new battle content known as Odyssey, Monberaux's alter ego, and the usual updates to Ambuscade.

~~~
Bump.

Not a double-post if 10 days go by between posts, right?

I can't wait for a new random augment system to be added to wring another time-sink out of reused dat files. Yay for more invincible fetters with Doom aura. Yay for more battlefields in legion area / Walk of Echoes area. /sarcasm

Oh the plus side, maybe that green dragon/bird/pokemon-looking thing will not be an ambuscade monster and will be around for longer than a month. Obviously, nb4 SMN bloodpacts do basically nothing to it because that's how SE had decided to deal with OP SMN burns. Let's hope there is some malignance-like stats on some new equipment that makes everything we've been getting out of any recent content obsolete. Gotta climb that never-ending gear upgrade ladder!

Oh, and I may have called it in an earlier post, but I'm guessing Monberaux's AI is a copy-paste of Yoran-Oran (UC)'s which is why Yoran glitched from people's auto-sorted lists after the February update. They copy-pasted it and forgot when they toggled the flag for Monberaux to be deactivated in-game until the March update, it also toggled something off about Yoran. Just my speculation.

Could you cry any harder? Jeeze

You do enough crying for everyone on FFXIAH.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-02-28 10:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

totally got me there. Was looking at it from a pure math aspect, forgetting that w/o something worthwhile to the players we won't do it....its not so much balancing the result, but balancing motivation w/o overpowering. Thanks for the quick reminder of what we, the playerbase can be like to deal with hehe.

There are different ways that they could make it worthwhile or relevant though. Maybe instead of making +2/+3 Empyrean gear as involved or expensive to upgrade, it could be Su3/4/5 depending on slot. The set bonus could get stronger, or it could lean heavier on defensive stats like the newer HTB gear tends to.
By orangemanbad 2020-02-28 10:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »

What exactly is pure math and how do I get it ?

And if I have semi pure math how do I purify it ?
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-02-28 10:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

orangemanbad said: »
What exactly is pure math and how do I get it ?

You're born with it bro.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-28 10:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh

Delaying the introduction of empyreal reforge is another good way to keep players subscribed.

None knows what the future is, if there will be a new content, if forever we will keep doing htbf, or ambuscade, or SoA. But everyone knows at some point empy reforged will be introduced so there is a reason to keep waiting because there is a palpable future.

Plus SE knows empy upgrade must come with an unique content like artifact (omen) and relic (dyna div). And that would require more planing to do something good enough. But their current decision is clearly investing in those low cost content that you can develop in a month (aka htbf where you just need to develop rewards and buff old foes, or DI where you just change some lines in the code plus add some new foe). Not even ambuscade intense have been getting enough attention as seems with so many repeats.
By orangemanbad 2020-02-28 11:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just make the set bonus from Emp armor worth it. That doesn't seem overly complicated.

Add some acc magic evasion sorta like purple armor.

And give it a nice bonus for having all 5.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-28 11:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, as Lilith bring the super defensive light armor, its expected something similar to heavy armor and mage armor.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2020-02-28 11:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54555/the-odyssey-strategy-and-discussion/#3492010
By Draylo 2020-02-28 13:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

From the FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team

Announcing the Next Version Update (02/28/2020)

The next version update is scheduled for early March.

March brings along with it all-new battle content known as Odyssey, Monberaux's alter ego, and the usual updates to Ambuscade.

~~~
Bump.

Not a double-post if 10 days go by between posts, right?

I can't wait for a new random augment system to be added to wring another time-sink out of reused dat files. Yay for more invincible fetters with Doom aura. Yay for more battlefields in legion area / Walk of Echoes area. /sarcasm

Oh the plus side, maybe that green dragon/bird/pokemon-looking thing will not be an ambuscade monster and will be around for longer than a month. Obviously, nb4 SMN bloodpacts do basically nothing to it because that's how SE had decided to deal with OP SMN burns. Let's hope there is some malignance-like stats on some new equipment that makes everything we've been getting out of any recent content obsolete. Gotta climb that never-ending gear upgrade ladder!

Could you cry any harder? Jeeze

You do enough crying for everyone on FFXIAH.

Try again
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-28 14:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Where and when did the "Monberaux is going to be a chemist/temp item user/supplier" thing come from? I've played through 95% of the storylines in this game and all I recall of him is that he is:

1. A doctor.
2. Kind of in a yoai relationship with Ducal Guard Wolfgang.

[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-28 14:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It was the September digest. Starts around 2/3rd's in.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-02-28 14:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Where and when did the "Monberaux is going to be a chemist/temp item user/supplier" thing come from?
Literally the same place where the devs said that Domain Invasion would have a reward point system, Siren would be a full avatar, and UCNM +1 gear would have single path ranked augments.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-28 14:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, FaeQueenCory. It sounded familiar, but I didn't recall. I actually remember watching that exact video via youtube w/ it's wonky real-time Japanese-to-English translation captions and that was... yeah. If you ever get a chance to watch SquareEnix employees livestream one of their... "press conferences" (I forget the term they use for them) and can get an automatic translate caption thing going, it's... worth a watch.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-02-28 17:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fetter trust incoming.

That was an incorrect translation, JP forums say it's actually fetter mounts. You get daily Odyssey points (50 points a day max) to buy element mount for 1000 points each. Quest to combine all 8 of them to make the ultimate Iridescence Fetter mount!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 119 120 121 ... 424 425 426