First Page 2 3 ... 118 119 120 ... 409 410 411
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-18 12:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
I suppose the issue could have come from any number of things they did. Who knows. Maybe the server just ran out of packets and they had to open it up to throw some more in?

[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-28 02:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

From the FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team

Announcing the Next Version Update (02/28/2020)

The next version update is scheduled for early March.

March brings along with it all-new battle content known as Odyssey, Monberaux's alter ego, and the usual updates to Ambuscade.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Personal reflections below are now spoiler-tagged creating a safe-space as any negativity (quite tame by the standards of this forum, in my opinion) offends some sensibilities.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-28 02:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odyssey smells like Walk of Echoes.
This makes my galka-sense sting, all the content related to WoE have been a (semi)failure to my eyes, so far.
Hope this will prove me wrong.

I guess Odyssey should be the new content for the reforged/augmented Wanted items?

I dunno, I'm confused. I would've made Odyssey a content for Reforged Empyrean and let Wanted itself be the catalyst for Wanted items augments. Like, dunno, requiring more of the same mats you use to go from NQ to HQ, that would've revitalized a bit the Wanted NMs content and their drops, no? Wouldn't that have been a better choice?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-28 03:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I dunno, I'm confused.

Maybe don't read so much into the one sentence worth of info they gave us in that post to curb your confusion.

[+]
By Draylo 2020-02-28 03:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »

March brings along with it all-new battle content known as Odyssey, Monberaux's alter ego, and the usual updates to Ambuscade.

~~~
Bump.

Not a double-post if 10 days go by between posts, right?

I can't wait for a new random augment system to be added to wring another time-sink out of reused dat files. Yay for more invincible fetters with Doom aura. Yay for more battlefields in legion area / Walk of Echoes area. /sarcasm

Oh the plus side, maybe that green dragon/bird/pokemon-looking thing will not be an ambuscade monster and will be around for longer than a month. Obviously, nb4 SMN bloodpacts do basically nothing to it because that's how SE had decided to deal with OP SMN burns. Let's hope there is some malignance-like stats on some new equipment that makes everything we've been getting out of any recent content obsolete. Gotta climb that never-ending gear upgrade ladder!

Oh, and I may have called it in an earlier post, but I'm guessing Monberaux's AI is a copy-paste of Yoran-Oran (UC)'s which is why Yoran glitched from people's auto-sorted lists after the February update. They copy-pasted it and forgot when they toggled the flag for Monberaux to be deactivated in-game until the March update, it also toggled something off about Yoran. Just my speculation.

Could you cry any harder? Jeeze
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-28 03:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

Those aren't even my salty delicious tears. Some passive-aggressive jabs at MMOs in general (the never ending gear upgrade comment), pointing out the obvious (SMNs havn't been landing fully powerful blood pacts on the last few avatar battlefield things they have added), and doing the opposite of praising random augments. I dunno. Thin-skinned much and looking for a reason to think I need to be asked if I could cry any harder? Wait. Now I /am/ crying. I fell for the bait.

YouTube Video Placeholder

While I don't feel this way (can't really draw many conclusions from their single sentence about what is coming and their vague tiny banner jpeg), I'll just defer to this picture I made two version updates ago as every single update brings complaints no matter what they change:

[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-02-28 03:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Reforged Empyrean gogo
I look forward to this so dont get me wrong, but HOW could they reforge Emp to scale with AF/Relic?? There would be one gearset. Full time Emp. I mean...
[+]
By Draylo 2020-02-28 03:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Just breathe everyone, and lets think positive thoughts. Maybe it will be fun. I think expecting anything huge at this point is just going to be letting yourself down.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-28 03:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Dynamis Divergence was pretty big in hindsight, and fun too.
Now if only the huge amount of lag/packets lost didn't ruin it completely...

But I digrees, content-wise it was nice imho.
 Asura.Hakutarutaru
By Asura.Hakutarutaru 2020-02-28 03:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »

~~~
Bump.

Not a double-post if 10 days go by between posts, right?

I can't wait for a new random augment system to be added to wring another time-sink out of reused dat files. Yay for more invincible fetters with Doom aura. Yay for more battlefields in legion area / Walk of Echoes area. /sarcasm

Oh the plus side, maybe that green dragon/bird/pokemon-looking thing will not be an ambuscade monster and will be around for longer than a month. Obviously, nb4 SMN bloodpacts do basically nothing to it because that's how SE had decided to deal with OP SMN burns. Let's hope there is some malignance-like stats on some new equipment that makes everything we've been getting out of any recent content obsolete. Gotta climb that never-ending gear upgrade ladder!

Oh, and I may have called it in an earlier post, but I'm guessing Monberaux's AI is a copy-paste of Yoran-Oran (UC)'s which is why Yoran glitched from people's auto-sorted lists after the February update. They copy-pasted it and forgot when they toggled the flag for Monberaux to be deactivated in-game until the March update, it also toggled something off about Yoran. Just my speculation.

I am actually so happy seeing someone posted this in reply to that post.

The content is not even out yet, so much negativity. I am very excited to see what this new battlefield will be about! From the picture think there is no doubt it will be a WoE revamp or something.
[+]
By Aerix 2020-02-28 03:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Reforged Empyrean gogo
I look forward to this so dont get me wrong, but HOW could they reforge Emp to scale with AF/Relic?? There would be one gearset. Full time Emp. I mean...

Nothing about Emp screams it'd be good enough for fulltiming. A lot of pieces will be absolutely insane, but they'll still only be swaps.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-28 03:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fulltime emp everywhere seems an exxageration, but "insane but only swaps" sounds like one too.
I think it's somewhere in between.

Several pieces would be way more than just "swaps".
Granted in my impression SE made the +1 AF > +3 AF like a big jump, perhaps too big, and they tried to tone it down a bit when relic came, where most (luckily not all) pieces were a bit underwhelming, while still good.
Will they try to contain themselves again with the empy, like they did with Relic? I think they will.

I doubt this new content will be related to the Empy reforge btw, but I'll be very very glad to be proven wrong.
[+]
 Valefor.Gorns
Server: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2020-02-28 03:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Reforged Empyrean gogo

Nothing about Emp screams it'd be good enough for fulltiming. A lot of pieces will absolutely insane, but they'll still only be swaps.

The question is : to beat what ? Which content ? At this point, only Master Trials remains as what we cancall high end-game content
By Draylo 2020-02-28 03:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they will do Abyssea V2. Would be a very easy way to reuse assets and create challenging content by tweaking the bosses or newly added ones.
[+]
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-02-28 03:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah when that's your reaction to new content, perhaps it's time to take a break from the game. Clearly you aren't enjoying it anymore so what's the point in playing.

It will be interesting to see what route they go down with this content for group size and difficult vs reward.

Hopefully the trust isn't Yoran-Oran copy and paste but if it is, it will be more interesting to see if they carry on this reward system and what they will offer for going to 960.
[+]
By Aerix 2020-02-28 04:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Fulltime emp everywhere seems an exxageration, but "insane but only swaps" sounds like one too.
I think it's somewhere in between.

Of course it's somewhere in between. Literally every piece of gear in this game is a swap unless you Idle, TP/Hybrid, WS, JA or cast all in the game gear. And Empy certainly won't cover more than two of those at once because there's a limit to how many stats it can have (and some are already taken up for job-specific bonuses).

Malignance as non-JSE gear is very likely the only set we'll see for a long time that'll even come close to being a "fulltime" set for Idle/Hybrid/TP/WS, but only if you're overbuffed to make use of the PDL. Doesn't mean you should be doing that, however.

Point is, I guarantee you Empy won't have enough Accuracy, Attack, DT, MEVA and multiattack/WSD/STP all at the same time in addition to JSE bonuses to make it good enough to wear as a full or fulltime set. Unless they make the set bonuses so insanely OP that they trivialize other stats.

Valefor.Gorns said: »
The question is : to beat what ? Which content ?

Uh, how about Odyssey lol? I hope you're not assuming it's going to be a cakewalk before it's even released.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-28 04:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they will do Abyssea V2.
Don't count on it, unless they decide to make us pay for it as further mini-expansions.

I would welcome it with open arms but I don't see it happening.
As it stands Escha/Reisen was their "Abyssea V2".
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-28 04:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hakutarutaru said: »
I am actually so happy seeing someone posted this in reply to that post.
The content is not even out yet, so much negativity.
Asura.Aldolol said: »
Yeah when that's your reaction to new content, perhaps it's time to take a break from the game. Clearly you aren't enjoying it anymore so what's the point in playing.

[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-28 05:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just breathe everyone, and lets think positive thoughts. Maybe it will be fun. I think expecting anything huge at this point is just going to be letting yourself down.
After the PLD adjustments I don't think I could be let down anymore than I already am.
 Valefor.Gorns
Server: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2020-02-28 05:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »

Valefor.Gorns said: »
The question is : to beat what ? Which content ?

Uh, how about Odyssey lol? I hope you're not assuming it's going to be a cakewalk before it's even released.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very pleased to see this new content coming soon and I'm not hoping it's going to be a catwalk journey.

It's just I'd like to see another harder content on top of Odysseey to justify the grinding and new empy+3 requirement aside of "do that event to get the new gears from it that will allow you to beat the content you get the gear from".
By Butcherb0y 2020-02-28 05:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What is wrong with people. Be happy there is even a NEW content being release.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-28 05:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

After the recent slew of job adjustments, which since I don't see anything else announced so maybe they are done with that, and the Death Wyrm, I really don't have much faith in them releasing something enjoyable or that isn't a mess on release and having to wait a month for the next update to be fixed.

Don't get me wrong though, I would love to be proven wrong on that and it to be fun, enjoyable, accessible, filled with goodies for us to gather up, and not a broken mess. Right now I have low expectations, if it's not up to par, nothing of value is lost, if it's amazing, I'll likely have renewed faith in the producers until they make another terrible design choice.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-28 07:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone told me odyssey will consist in a battlefield with 3 Mireu, with random chance of earning 20 points with cap of 80 daily, and those points can be exchanged for rings with skill+10 costing 5000 points each.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-28 07:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Someone told me odyssey will consist in a battlefield with 3 Mireu, with random chance of earning 20 points with cap of 80 daily, and those points can be exchanged for rings with skill+10 costing 5000 points each.
I'm not one for memes, but a "Shutup and take my subscription (because I'm dropping it)." would fit perfectly.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-02-28 07:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm excited for new content, not so excited for fetters cause generally I don't enjoy mechanics associated with them. We'll see. May have to recruit people for my LS again depending on how the content works, bleh.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2020-02-28 08:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure Odyssey is just the Wanted/UNM gear upgrade event, which they described as some sort of BC-type of thing if I recall right, albeit one with a "wider" entry method than most (to alleviate congestion).

Looks like they using WoE, possibly back zone leading to provenance. Which again makes sense as I'd expect this content to be rolled out piecemeal over several months.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-28 08:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They are not done with job updates. Ninja did not receive the job specific updates besides the conversation of merits to spells and the adjusting of relic augments accordingly. That would suck badly if they stopped right there.

Don't even care what the new content is, I'm glad they have something else lined up. And if they fix Mireu and add something appropriate for the troubles, that would be grand.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-28 08:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I also hope they are not done making (good) job adjustments, we still have several broken jobs that need to be reworked.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
add something appropriate for the troubles, that would be grand.
This will never happen. I do expect a rework of Mireu though, as that is not going how they planned it, plus the feedback from both communities. Personally, seeing the damned thing removed entirely from the game would be great, but sadly won't happen.

*Also since I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, and in case a member of the production team goes through this post, excellent ninja change on the Risenjima elvorseal timer that happened a short time ago.
First Page 2 3 ... 118 119 120 ... 409 410 411