Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 109 110 111 ... 409 410 411
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-04 01:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love that but I'm afraid there might be some technical hurdles to achieve it.
Granted we're talking about the sort of problem that *can* be solved, but as usual it would require work, perhaps much work, likely more than they're willing/capable to pull off.

Each Slip item has a field with a string of hex characters that are used to tell which items are inside the slip.

Imagine like a binary grid where each box represent an item and can hold values 0 (no item) or 1 (item stored).
That is basically why we can know what's inside the slip with the addon "Find" even without trading the slip to the moogle, it's because that data is stored in there.

My binary one was just a silly simplified example, technically they're using HEX characters.
I think each character represents 4 items slots.

Someone more competent than me will be able to explain further details, but in general it's close to what I described.
Of course you wouldn't be able to do this with KIs.
Would that bother me? Honestly, not that much, but I'm not SE hey.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-09-04 01:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

hobo said: »
Spoiled said: »

To anyone thinking about getting to RoV 3-1 the following need to be completed:
Shadow Lord (City 5-2)
COP 3-2
ToAU 19
RoZ 4

PLUS the missions up to ROV 3-1

Nothing wotg related needed?

I've been doing this on my AMAN trove alts to get them Phase Displacer KI access for the upcoming VW campaign.

You need to have WoTG done up until 'In the Name of the Father' as well as all of the other missions mentioned.

Might seem like a lot but I can power through those and the RoV missions in about 6 hours.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-04 02:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, 6 hours. Do it for me as well please! :D
On my mule with no gear or skill or anything I'm just rank6 in home town and uhm, some RoV mission, I dunno which but early on I suppose.
By SimonSes 2019-09-04 02:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
I've been doing this on my AMAN trove alts to get them Phase Displacer KI access for the upcoming VW campaign.

You need to have WoTG done up until 'In the Name of the Father' as well as all of the other missions mentioned.

Might seem like a lot but I can power through those and the RoV missions in about 6 hours.

By power through you mean teleport/hacking and using home points without access all over Vana'diel or just help from main to move around?
By Pantafernando 2019-09-04 03:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadow Lord (City 5-2)
COP 3-2
ToAU 19
RoZ 4

6h from character creation?
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-09-04 10:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Shadow Lord (City 5-2)
COP 3-2
ToAU 19
RoZ 4

6h from character creation?

oh no. 6 hours for a level 99 character with most of the relevant HP/Guides already activated as well as Rank 3 City and RoV completed up to the Siren fight.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-04 10:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm level 99 on my mule! Rank 6! Siren Fight! Got most relevant HP/Guides!

Come do it for my mule in 6hrs and I'll reward you! :D
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-09-04 10:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

18-20hrs if you are not using any crazy plugins like homepoints sounds about right, but with homepoints you can go anywhere without having ever been there. WP4 Kam. Drifts but you haven't even stepped in the zone? Sure why not.

Teleport up to sky without even having access? sure why not.

I've done all this on throw away accounts and square doesn't do anything about it, the account is still out there.

You can bring that down even more with jumping to x,y,z coords which again they do nothing about.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-09-04 10:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm level 99 on my mule! Rank 6! Siren Fight! Got most relevant HP/Guides!

Come do it for my mule in 6hrs and I'll reward you! :D

I'd rather jam a rusty spike into my peehole than transfer to Asura.

And after having to do this 13 times on my alts there's no chance in hell I'm gonna do it again. I barely even had the motivation to do it for myself.
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-09-04 10:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meliorah said: »
18-20hrs if you are not using any crazy plugins like homepoints sounds about right, but with homepoints you can go anywhere without having ever been there. WP4 Kam. Drifts but you haven't even stepped in the zone? Sure why not.

Teleport up to sky without even having access? sure why not.

I've done all this on throw away accounts and square doesn't do anything about it, the account is still out there.

You can bring that down even more with jumping to x,y,z coords which again they do nothing about.

I'm not gonna advocate the usage of third party tools, if the plebs wanna spend countless hours doing repetitive as *** things the hard way I'm not gonna stop em.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2019-09-04 10:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a take: AMAN is a scam and if you're gonna spend the money on mules just for it while also botting them to level 99 and all missions or whatever, just use that money to buy gil to get the item you wanted
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2019-09-04 10:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Suteru said: »
AMAN is a scam
I knew it!
Always thought it was shady that those people give you so much stuff in exchange for coupons! Definetely black market ***going on there.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2019-09-04 16:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Asura.Suteru said: »
AMAN is a scam
I knew it!
Always thought it was shady that those people give you so much stuff in exchange for coupons! Definetely black market ***going on there.

AMAN means "safety/peace" in Arabic. Always made it seem all the more suspicious!
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2019-09-04 16:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

This 30 bucks I won on a slot machine at circus circus last week is telling a different story, my dudes
[+]
By Tarage 2019-09-04 21:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I might have missed it but do they have a timeframe for any of the ***they showed? Like Siren? Or just "Future"?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-05 02:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No timeframe but some things are appearently coming in the next patch (first batch of same-account sendable augmented items, some items stacking to 99 etc).

My guess is that Siren will be SMN's job adjustment.
When the SMN month will come (when?) instead of adjusting the group2 merits, SE will simply give SMN a new avatar to toy with, Siren.

It's just my guessing though, based on absolutely nothing.
By Aerix 2019-09-05 08:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

No timeframe but some things are appearently coming in the next patch (first batch of same-account sendable augmented items, some items stacking to 99 etc).

My guess is that Siren will be SMN's job adjustment.
When the SMN month will come (when?) instead of adjusting the group2 merits, SE will simply give SMN a new avatar to toy with, Siren.

It's just my guessing though, based on absolutely nothing.

SMN might also be getting new Group II merits and full access to the merited BPs in addition to Siren.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-05 10:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course both things could happen, why not!
But SE only fixed the spells so far, not the JAs which are still bound behind Merits for each of the jobs fixed so far.

SMN stuff is kinda something in between.
Technically it's a JA (Blood Pact) that produces a magic based (spell-like) ability from the avatars.
Is it a JA? Is it a spell?
I think it's something in between so who can tell what will happen.
By volkom 2019-09-05 10:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Having master status should allow us to max out every merit category on that job
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-09-05 17:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It does seem like a bit of a pointless restriction now a days. The have to balance around all of the categories anyway, whether or not player has it maxed and merits are really easy to swap out now.

I'm more annoyed by the weaponskill restriction though which I don't know why they had a cap on how many you can have in the first place.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-05 17:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather them go back to JP and raise the cap to 30 each like they originally planned. There's ways around the "Job Master" thing if they wanted to expand it.
By Tarage 2019-09-05 18:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

JOB GOD
By oyama 2019-09-06 12:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

10 MOAR BLUE MAGIC POINTS
[+]
 Odin.Willster
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2019-09-06 13:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »

I'm more annoyed by the weaponskill restriction though which I don't know why they had a cap on how many you can have in the first place.
Can't stress this enough.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-06 14:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

oyama said: »
10 MOAR BLUE MAGIC POINTS
Not that I would spit on 10 more points (not at all!), but more often than not I feel limited by the 20 overall slots honestly.
[+]
 Asura.Chevalios
user: Chevalios
By Asura.Chevalios 2019-09-10 00:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that I would spit on 10 more points (not at all!), but more often than not I feel limited by the 20 overall slots honestly.
This ^^
By Tarage 2019-09-28 20:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, they're making all the Alluvion Skirmish stack to 99. This is going to make selling/auctioning them murder.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-09-29 02:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want all the rare/ex gear (even augmented or quested like AF gear) to be sendable to same account mules...
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-10-03 08:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Moogle is coming back.
By Pantafernando 2019-10-03 08:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

H2h WS being adjusted
First Page 2 3 ... 109 110 111 ... 409 410 411