users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 ... 424 425 426
By SimonSes 2019-09-02 20:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Aerix said: »
Some people enjoy theorycrafting and minmaxing. There's nothing wrong with that.

That's fine when people are enjoying it. It's dumb as *** when people are berating and yelling at each other over who can situationally save half a second off a kill.

I would understand your frustration, but you started this as reaction to my simple explanation that triple attack is a chance for 2 additional attack with 1 guaranteed attack, so the base number of attacks is not 0, but 1, which translates to relative increase in TA itself not being transferred to the same relative increase in attacks per round. That's all. I wasn't discussing any big or small change in DPS. It was just explanation of how diminishing returns applies to TA in FFXI.

Now if I wanted to comment your statement about nominal numbers giving a different perspective, then I would say that relative or nominal increase in price of coffee or rent is irrelevant if you want to paraphrase DPS of your FFXI char like that. If you want to do this like that, then you can compare DPS to your whole monthly expenses. So lets say your expenses are 3500$, then that coffee going from 2.00$ to 2.20$ is 0.005% increase to your expenses and rent going from 2500 to 2625 is 3.57% increase to your expenses. This is how you take both coffee and rent price increase into one perspective.

Now lets look into you trying to show DPS increase from time perspective
Which is one of major reasons I get bored of some of the debates these days. When new max DPS is tenths of a second in speedier kills, DPS isn't your issue anymore.
This is ok example, but you can balance it by saying that 5% increase in DPS might be indeed tenths of seconds faster kill speed in 1 minute fight, but might also be a reason of successful Dynamis D run, when those tenths of seconds add up to a minute. Squeezing slightly more DPS might be a reason of killing Frog NM in Ambuscade before it uses a Hammer move.

Really tho, even small DPS increase can be viewed from many perspectives. For example 1% higher DPS might be a reason that someone beats someone else on parse and getting an orgasm out of that, which might be a huge deal for that person. Because of that orgasm, that person may feel less stressful. Less stress might be a reason to be more productive in work. Being more productive in work might be a reason of not getting fired. Not getting fired might be a reason of paying rent in time. Paying rent in time might be a reason to not losing the house. Not losing the house might be a reason of not killing yourself. So like you can see, that 1% DPS increase can save someones life!
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-09-02 22:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Aerix said: »
Some people enjoy theorycrafting and minmaxing. There's nothing wrong with that.

That's fine when people are enjoying it. It's dumb as *** when people are berating and yelling at each other over who can situationally save half a second off a kill.

I would understand your frustration, but you started this as reaction to my simple explanation that triple attack is a chance for 2 additional attack with 1 guaranteed attack, so the base number of attacks is not 0, but 1, which translates to relative increase in TA itself not being transferred to the same relative increase in attacks per round. That's all. I wasn't discussing any big or small change in DPS. It was just explanation of how diminishing returns applies to TA in FFXI.

Now if I wanted to comment your statement about nominal numbers giving a different perspective, then I would say that relative or nominal increase in price of coffee or rent is irrelevant if you want to paraphrase DPS of your FFXI char like that. If you want to do this like that, then you can compare DPS to your whole monthly expenses. So lets say your expenses are 3500$, then that coffee going from 2.00$ to 2.20$ is 0.005% increase to your expenses and rent going from 2500 to 2625 is 3.57% increase to your expenses. This is how you take both coffee and rent price increase into one perspective.

Which is one of major reasons I get bored of some of the debates these days. When new max DPS is tenths of a second in speedier kills, DPS isn't your issue anymore.
This is ok example, but you can balance it by saying that 5% increase in DPS might be indeed tenths of seconds faster kill speed in 1 minute fight, but might also be a reason of successful Dynamis D run, when those tenths of seconds add up to a minute. Squeezing slightly more DPS might be a reason of killing Frog NM in Ambuscade before it uses a Hammer move.

Really tho, even small DPS increase can be viewed from many perspectives. For example 1% higher DPS might be a reason that someone beats someone else on parse and getting an orgasm out of that, which might be a huge deal for that person. Because of that orgasm, that person may feel less stressful. Less stress might be a reason to be more productive in work. Being more productive in work might be a reason of not getting fired. Not getting fired might be a reason of paying rent in time. Paying rent in time might be a reason to not losing the house. Not losing the house might be a reason of not killing yourself. So like you can see, that 1% DPS increase can save someones life!

All this from a guy who a few days ago was going, "Why don't people talk about mag eva sets so much?" Which is basically my argument, sometimes having more MEVA/DT/HP is better to have around than DPS. Most fights aren't tight DPS races in FFXI, avoiding mechanics/debuffs, or sufficiently responding to gimmicks are the cause of MANY fights that last more than a minute or two. Sometimes you can use max DPS to punch through mechanics, sometimes that's not such a good idea.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-09-02 22:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

you're more likely to win a parse based on RNG than you are from having slightly better gear anyways
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-09-02 22:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
you're more likely to win a parse based on RNG than you are from having slightly better gear anyways

RNG, your computer just runs FFXI more smoothly, and general attentiveness are all going to be much heavier factors than a couple pieces of gear being 1% better than another. It's nice to pound out the details of what "should" be best, but it's not that significant of a detail to need to get to hating each other. I have a few gear choices I make that I do because I like it, more than it's actually BiS for DPS, and I don't have any problems because of it.
[+]
By Afania 2019-09-02 23:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Because of that orgasm, that person may feel less stressful. Less stress might be a reason to be more productive in work. Being more productive in work might be a reason of not getting fired. Not getting fired might be a reason of paying rent in time. Paying rent in time might be a reason to not losing the house. Not losing the house might be a reason of not killing yourself. So like you can see, that 1% DPS increase can save someones life!

You know what cause stress from ffxi? People who make 1% dps difference sounds like a serious business. :p
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2019-09-03 01:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

All this from a guy who a few days ago was going, "Why don't people talk about mag eva sets so much?" Which is basically my argument, sometimes having more MEVA/DT/HP is better to have around than DPS.

I guess I need to add instructions how to read my comment next time XD

<--- this part was exactly me being surprised why you started talking about DPS discussion, when I simply explained diminishing returns for TA in FFXI. Especially surprised that I rather more than often point out (which you even noticed) the importance of MEVA.

<---- this part was simply showing a bigger picture of your perspective with coffee and rent example. You cant take rent and coffee prices alone. What matters is how they affect your total budget, not relative price increase in single item

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: ยป
<---- This part was trying to show that even slight changes might be important in some cases. I would definitely go hybrid meva road to make something like Gin slightly slower but safer, but sometimes your whole strategy might be based on killing something before it can throw stuff at you, like Frog ambuscade and then every bit of DPS might be important. I was trying to point out that sometimes small DPS improvements might be logical and not only for a show off.

<--- This part was for fun and fun only, but I guess I have a different sense of humor.
By SimonSes 2019-09-03 07:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok since we know we will be able to send augmented Reisenjima aromor from mules. What are the requirements for DM augments campaign? Do you need the story mode completed up to Reisenjima, or just access to Oseem and item in inventory?

EDIT: nvm found it. You need to be on mission 3-1
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-03 07:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Mission 3-1 of what? Base town rank 3-1?
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2019-09-03 07:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You need Reisenjima access for Oseem to let you augment which is RoV 3-1.

Which means time to get Reisenjima access on 15 mules!
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-09-03 07:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Rov 3-1 like Reain explained. Getting Reisenjima access is a pain. You need to make so much other missions from all add-ons. It's a fair price for getting a shot on DM augments tho.
By Pantafernando 2019-09-03 07:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Slowly but steadly SE is makomg some major effort to muling for extra freebies

Started with SP/ANV keys, with 45 days "alive", AMAN trove, with lv99 and now, mules wih some content progress

Next freebie is to be expected something like RoV completed, etc
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2019-09-03 08:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Surprisingly they are adding the mandragoras to monster rearing this month. I was thinking it would be at least a couple months out.

We do not have any baby mandragora options right now, so it will be a new path to choose. Nothing was mentioned about adding new quests (rank up quests) so they will most likely be added to a current rank. Looking forward to seeing what the new mementos will be.

Also thats quick with Augmented armor being deliverable, but we knew stack size was coming. "Orb Exchange System" adjustments was what an OF user wanted in regards to being able to trade multiple types of seals at once, like Oseem and trading multiple types of stones.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2019-09-03 08:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know about you guys, but the killer for me is damn ambuscade capes, which I'm not sure they'll allow given that no ambuscade stuff is same account sendable.

Making more things same account dboxable is a good start, but honestly I dread the day Empy reforges get added back into the mix.Purely because of the additional burden even more JSE is going to add to my strained storage capacity.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-09-03 08:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambu capes sendable would be super useful for some jobs I randomly got a cape for and then never, ever play (RNG, NIN, MNK...DNC...) That probably saves me 10 or so slots, then toss in PUP and I'm over a dozen for sure. That's a nice QoL.

Interested to see mandragora passives too.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-09-03 08:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

An alternate solution for Ambuscade capes would be to introduce a blank All Jobs one to replace many of the generic TP/WS/nuke/Fast Cast/etc capes with.
Creates a new grind for players, as we'd remake a number of capes, but ultimately mean we'd have more comprehensive builds for more jobs.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-03 09:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

People have been asking for a blank all jobs ambuscade cape for a long time.
At this point I'm afraid it won't happen.
Shame because personally it would've been a nice inventory saver for me for several capes.
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-09-03 10:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

They will give you another $1.99/m backpack before they give you less ambu capes.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-09-03 11:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
People have been asking for a blank all jobs ambuscade cape for a long time.
At this point I'm afraid it won't happen.

Yeah, not a new suggestion at all. It just sort of sounds to me like they're starting to see the inventory crunch, and are putting development effort into addressing it. Since an All Jobs cape seems like it'd be trivial to implement, maybe they'd entertain the suggestion now.
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-09-03 11:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
They will give you another $1.99/m backpack before they give you less ambu capes.

I make more than that taking a ***on monday morning at work after my first coffee. I'd gladly let my shitbreak pay for 80 more spaces.
By Pantafernando 2019-09-03 13:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think ambu capes will be sendable because those gear seems designed to be time gated (for example, just 3 caoes per month, just 3 weapons, just 3 fully augmented mat etc).

Allowing it to be sendable would mean you can virtually cap all gear in a single month. If it was the case, SE would just remove the limitation.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2019-09-03 13:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I dont think ambu capes will be sendable because those gear seems designed to be time gated (for example, just 3 caoes per month, just 3 weapons, just 3 fully augmented mat etc).

Allowing it to be sendable would mean you can virtually cap all gear in a single month. If it was the case, SE would just remove the limitation.

I'd expect gear that's sendable pre-augment to be sendable first (hello dark matter augments) at least. What I'd like to see be sendable though is stuff like Sinister Reign gear.
By Spoiled 2019-09-03 13:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Started with SP/ANV keys, with 45 days "alive", AMAN trove, with lv99 and now, mules wih some content progress

To anyone thinking about getting to RoV 3-1 the following need to be completed:
Shadow Lord (City 5-2)
COP 3-2
ToAU 19
RoZ 4

PLUS the missions up to ROV 3-1
[+]
By Numquam 2019-09-03 14:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU needs an update baaaaaad
By hobo 2019-09-03 15:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Spoiled said: »

Shadow Lord (City 5-2)
COP 3-2
ToAU 19
RoZ 4

Nothing wotg related needed?
By Pantafernando 2019-09-03 16:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadow Lord (City 5-2)
COP 3-2
ToAU 19
RoZ 4

For 6 random chances of getting CHR+1 on Valorous gear, a few days per year, not worth imo.

Guess if i ever use it, it will be just to store gear in the end.

Wish they could make SR gear sendable. I got a few of them maxed, but totally outdated, still i dont feel like tossing them
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-09-03 16:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadow Lord (City 5-2)
COP 3-2
ToAU 19
RoZ 4

For 6 random chances of getting CHR+1 on Valorous gear, a few days per year, not worth imo.

Wish they could make SR gear sendable. I got a few of them maxed, but totally outdated, still i dont feel like tossing them

what about for an additional 17x6 = 102 chances. The last campaign was PLUS, which was 12 chances, so 204 extra chances.. :D
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2019-09-03 16:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadow Lord (City 5-2)
COP 3-2
ToAU 19
RoZ 4

Hopefully any DM campaigns moving forward are the PLUS! version with 12 chances each day. not that I got anything more special from the PLUS! than I got from the regular one but still, more chances for CHR +1 or combinations of stats that cancel each other out
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-09-03 19:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
An alternate solution for Ambuscade capes would be to introduce a blank All Jobs one to replace many of the generic TP/WS/nuke/Fast Cast/etc capes with.
Creates a new grind for players, as we'd remake a number of capes, but ultimately mean we'd have more comprehensive builds for more jobs.

That's a great idea. Wouldn't completely replace job-specific capes for at least some jobs - for instance, a WAR or THF wouldn't want to give up DA/TA damage in favor of a generic TP cape.

But it would cover lots of jobs just fine to remain BiS gear (and those jobs would STILL want at least one job-specific cape for the various job-specific utility perks). And it would obviously be a great catch-all for multiple jobs, for those jobs you might only occasionally touch and don't really want to waste lots of inventory slots.

Asura.Biglovin said: »
Leviathan.Andret said: »

I make more than that taking a ***on monday morning at work after my first coffee. I'd gladly let my shitbreak pay for 80 more spaces.

I'd be in for another small monthly fee for yet another wardrobe too. But I'll tell you what I want (what I really really want), I want inventory/wardrobes to just go to 99. Make us do a quest, make us pay real money, whatever. I get that it would slow down access upon zoning even more, but I'm kinda fine paying that price for another inventory+19 times whatever storage bags got that kind of upgrade.

I also wouldn't mind a separate storage bag solely for Porter Moogle slips. It's really annoying to me that those take up actual usable inventory space and there are so many of them. Make the thing load last, or be a locker-like thing that is only accessible for trading to moogles. Would rather they have just been permanent KIs, or just freaking let us trade the porter moogles without the dumb slips (like they did with the old armor set storage NPCs). But if there's a technical reason that they MUST be trade-able items, at least give us some storage to keep the damn things.
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-09-03 22:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I really do agree with Capuchin, make those storage slips Permanent KIs.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 ... 424 425 426