T4 Reisenjima Strategy.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » T4 Reisenjima Strategy.
T4 Reisenjima Strategy.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2018-05-04 09:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
Putting here info for new/returning players that want to do it SMN-style, since this threads lacks SMN burn advices (usual DRK-SAM-WAR bandwagon being butthurt).

You can burn all 7 Tier IV-reisenjimma using astral conduit, mostly with Ramuh. You'll need PLD(1),SMNs(3+), GEO(1) and BRD(1), COR(1) no other jobs. For the fights use an outside COR that does Beast Roll and drachen Roll, with at least lucky or XI. I also suggest using wings for 300 tp and use garland of bliss on a mob prior to popping (use #4 for instance). Also suggest having a single person control the SMN to synchronize blood pacts. We've done it with idris and nirvanas but it's probably not needed. If the WAR/DRK/SAM of you LS are mad, have them join with a staff and do shell crusher at start (leech).

Celes : Easy . Go PLD, GEO, SMNx3 + leech for instance. Just spam AF+AC+volt strike with frailty and torpor.

Vinipata : Very easy. Same as above, position avatars behind him. IIRC Volt strike does 80k damage.

Shah : Same as above. can be an *** with his move that locks JA. Try until he doesn't open with it.

Albumen : same setup but bring a BRD for initial sleep.

Zerde : You can be unlucky and miss a stun but the following method generally works : use at least one Ifrit, 2 Ramuh. Ifrit spam Flaming Crush to reduce pdt, have one SMN spam shock squall to stun lock it, and the other(s) SMNs do VS. With only one geo it works fine, VS does very good damage (~40k) and FC can do anything from 10k to 99k (resists). You might want to to geo-malaise, indi-frailty and entrust torpor for damage optimization.

Onychophora : Slowly bring it to 26%. Then wait for it to cast a Fire Spell, do AC+AF and burn the last 26%, have one SMN use Cait sith and mewing lullaby for each synchronized VS. You don't need a healer for the first 74%.

Erinys : PLD+SMNx4+GEO is the best setup. 1 SMN uses Cait Sith and does AC mewing lullaby. The others SMN just do VS (preferably do mewing one second after the synchronized VS). It is generally enough to kill it but sometimes it still dispells and you endup with the mob at 20% with AC going off. Even in this case you can finish it easily with a couple of BP. Don't even need a healer as long as mewing is properly applied.

My linkshell just did our first round of Aeonics and we basically did these same strats for the harder stuff, though there was some trial and error because we didn't have a nice concise post to go off of like yours. We had Idris GEO, two Nirvana SMNs, and one non-Nirvana SMN. RUN is important on Albumen, WoC, Schah, and Zerde, IMO. It makes it safer and more of a sure thing. The rune fencer doesn't need JP or much in the way of gear, though a proper enmity set really helps on stuff where the mob does dangerous AoE moves that can wipe the avatars (Vinipata for sure).

For Zerde, we used RUN PLD (didn't participate I think in fight) SMN SMN SCH SCH WHM GEO GEO, just to get people in for their clears on what they had available. One SCH on stuns, other SCH used Tabula Rasa and fusion SC, SMNs opened with Apogee + Meteor Strike to proc, RUN Rayke'd, SMNs spammed Meteor Strike until Zerde was dead... MS will hit for capped damage and Zerde melts.

For Schah, the timings are fairly tight (he didn't take as much damage) and IMO it's best with a party of 6 just like Warder of Courage. Your GEO needs to get Frailty up ASAP. He can still jack you up with amnesia which is why RUN is important for Odyllic Subterfuge. RUN SMN SMN SMN GEO GEO or RUN SMNx4 GEO

Onychophora we did the opposite way, AC'ed him to about 30%, then just wore him down over a few minutes, switching between magic and physical BPs as needed while 3rd summoner used Mewing Lullaby.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-04 10:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been pretty much covered, but even if you do have a perfect setup and do everything right using a pld tank leaves the risk of avatar being amnesiaed/stunned/killed pretty significant, especially on Albumen and Schah. You can use a sparks run/nin for odyllic subterfuge, it's not like they really tank once conduit starts anyway.

This is all pretty common knowledge though, just Pchan trying really hard to stay relevant. Show us moar MNK stuff, that's what I want to see.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-05-04 11:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Show us moar MNK stuff, that's what I want to see.

Our next run, which will likely start in 4ish weeks, is going to use MNK only DPS. Not because we're trying to prove a point, but, we're bored and, surprisingly, no one has done it yet. I expect a few rough spots (Golden Kist and Old Shuck, in particular), but, I think we'll be able to work our way through to wins on every mob, with the exceptions of Vir'ava and Zerde.
One of us could post about it here, though, I think the MNK thread would be more appropriate. Since, none of us would advocate this path as a smart strategy.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-04 11:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The only one you probably won't be able to do is Zerde. and maybe you could get it done with a war for tomahawk. ...maybe lol

Virava isn't that bad just a zerg with charm buffers. Kist isn't an issue at all, you'll have a GEO to nuke the aura off. Shuck might even be easier with lowered tp gain.

Comically, the only hard mob to TP burn (with any melee) is Crom Dub, that noahianto does some serious asswhoopin and maybe pakecet.
By Afania 2018-05-04 11:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Show us moar MNK stuff, that's what I want to see.

Our next run, which will likely start in 4ish weeks, is going to use MNK only DPS. Not because we're trying to prove a point, but, we're bored and, surprisingly, no one has done it yet. I expect a few rough spots (Golden Kist and Old Shuck, in particular), but, I think we'll be able to work our way through to wins on every mob, with the exceptions of Vir'ava and Zerde.
One of us could post about it here, though, I think the MNK thread would be more appropriate. Since, none of us would advocate this path as a smart strategy.

Don't forget to make a video. :>

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-05-04 11:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The only one you probably won't be able to do is Zerde. and maybe you could get it done with a war for tomahawk. ...maybe lol

Virava isn't that bad just a zerg with charm buffers. Kist isn't an issue at all, you'll have a GEO to nuke the aura off. Shuck might even be easier with lowered tp gain.

Comically, the only hard mob to TP burn (with any melee) is Crom Dub, that noahintanto does some serious asswhoopin and maybe pakecet.

No WAR; MNK only DPS. Bringing anything else arguably would carry the MNKs. The MNKs have no AOE to support other DDs, so having other DD jobs come to support the MNKs... Why bother bringing the MNKs?
Vir'ava has incredible evasion, which is why it is manaburned. To beat it, we will have to juggle MNK's slower DPS, bringing black Rafflesia to Vir'ava to trigger the !! evasion down and protect ourselves from Charm for what will be a protracted fight.
No GEO nuking for Kist... Again, MNK only DPS. We'll have to plan ahead and not restrict ourselves to H2H to make skill chains to break the aura, since I don't think even Embrava will be enough to win without at least a few aura breaks. I mean, if we were to nuke, we wouldn't nuke with a GEO. We'd bring a SCH and let helix kill it while the MNKs hit their dance emote macros.
MNK/RUN will likely be used often. I don't know if that will be enough to !! Kist. I'm certain it won't be enough for Zerde.

Also, I don't think anyone in our group bothers to make videos. We can post about it, but we're not going to make a show about it. We'll leave that to others.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-04 11:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Tomahawk =/= dpsing. one nuke for 100 damage =/= dps

dps is dps, utility is utility
By Afania 2018-05-04 11:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK/RUN will likely be used often. I don't know if that will be enough to !! Kist. I'm certain it won't be enough for Zerde.

If BLU/RUN could solo kist and remove aura that way why can't MNK.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-05-04 11:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Tomahawk =/= dpsing. one nuke for 100 damage =/= dps

dps is dps, utility is utility

MNK/RUN can do 100 magical damage on its own. No need for outside DPS (100 damage is... Uh... Damage).

Tomahawk is utility like Astral Conduit is utility. Neither boost damage directly but they change the nature of the fight. The point will be MNK only DPS. If you want to do it another way, go for it.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-05-04 11:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

If BLU/RUN could solo kist and remove aura that way why can't MNK.

It might, I've never done it with BLU/RUNs, either.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-04 12:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure you never cast dia at all then. You wouldn't want to augment the fight.

Dot is DPS.

Make certain your tank never engages too.

By your definition I don't believe you're allowed to use GEO COR or BRD either. They augment the fight the same way a Tomahawk does. So you're gonna have a hell of a time.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-05-04 14:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The goal isn't to be stupid (well beyond using MNKs, in the first place, I guess). The goal is to see what MNKs can defeat on their own with the tools inherent to the job plus what they can bring as a sub job. I didn't realize it was a difficult concept.

So, a group has no reason to not Dia whether utilizing SMNs, BLMs, RNGs or melee, so, since we are using melee, no reason not to use Dia. The unique aspect is we are focusing entirely on one type of melee.

Same with tanks engaging or using appropriate buffs.
But Tomahawk is a debuff not widely used in the above strategies, so we won't be bringing it for these runs.

As I said before, no one is stopping you from doing it another way if you want. We're doing it this way. I didn't post to get your seal of approval. I posted since it seemed relevant to let y'all know that we're going to try it. I assumed this would motivate others to try it first (that's important to some people) or in parallel that might also be bored so we could compare stories, at the end.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-04 15:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Your whole argument is stupid, thats the point.

If you want Monk ONLY dps and count stupid ***like a nuke to break an aura then EVERYTHING is fair game.

Point was that you can't beat zerde with monks. MAYBE if you use tomahawks you can.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-05-04 15:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not making an argument. We know what we want to do. You think we care that you want it done differently. We don't.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-04 15:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If you weren't making an argument you wouldn't have replied in the first place.

You do you. But now you know you aren't doing what you set out to do. If your tank hits the mob even one time, you failed. It doesn't matter if you acknowledge it or not. and that's not an opinion. they're your standards.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-05-04 15:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't an argument just because you want it to be. Just saying we'd decided earlier this week to give it a go next round and will get around to the fights in about a month.
No where did I ask for advice, suggestions or for hand holding.

If you want to debate the value of Tomahawk in a combined melee job strategy, fine. With a Super Revitalizer, Random Deal, Wild Card and a second Random Deal we're looking at 7.5min on a fight that will take considerably more time.

We aren't going to use it. The end.

We're going to restrict the MNKs to managing the gimmicks in the fight. If magic damage is needed, it will have to come from the MNKs. If Darkness skill chains are needed, we'll have to find a way to do it with the MNKs. Whatever. MNKs.

...but don't try to always make it about me. Made my comment, moved on.

Keep discussion to the relevant part...

Follow your own advice.
By pchan 2018-05-04 16:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Old chuck and golden kist are actually easier to do with MNK than RNG or smn, do you even play the game. And I had to check what vir'ava is lol. Never noticed anything special as far as evasion goes, I always did it on RNG anyway, with idris GEO, not sure why mages would make the fight easier either.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-05-04 20:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

words

You don't make mention of using bolster which is obviously needed.

In most situations, you will want a party/alliance ratio of 50% moderately geared/JP'd summoners to everything else. Some of the harder fights (albumen), you may want more. Parse the SMN and focus on correcting those who consistently parse low numbers, it might be subtle stuff like swapping gear during AC, bad positioning, consistently slow starts or too early starts.

Job master is the largest single contributor to af/ac breaking. a fresh 119 summoner with no job points is useless, They lack the accuracy, the BP rage +BPD, the astral flow +stats, and the Conduit +bpd needed to push damage numbers.

Rune is the better tank than PLD for pretty much all the fights. Rayke/gambit for zerde, Odyllic subterfuge at AC start for all mobs, really cuts down on schah nonsense and ensures wins.

Albumen especially is evasive, but as a rule of thumb, use pet accuracy food (shiromocchi) and marine stewpot for zerde.

Onychophora damage: Volt or predator claws for physical mode, Diabolos's Night terror for magic mode. Get two geos and keep frailty/torp and malaise/lang up, just so you aren't waiting on bubbles. Night terror is good damage even if you don't have malaise/lang up. Don't need conduit.

Erinys: Frailty/torp, two summoners rotate mewling > volt > mewling. no conduit needed, extra summoners just sit there and mindlessly hit volt as it is up. don't engage avatar. Should die faster than a THF setup.

Albumen: do not have avatars stacked up, spread them around albumen from all directions.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-05-04 20:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

NO! I"M NOT THE TARD!

YOU'RE THE TARD! CUZ I'M SMARTER!!

-_-

/end summary
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-05-04 21:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Putting here info for new/returning players that want to do it SMN-style, since this threads lacks SMN burn advices (usual DRK-SAM-WAR bandwagon being butthurt).

You can burn all 7 Tier IV-reisenjimma using astral conduit, mostly with Ramuh. You'll need PLD(1),SMNs(3+), GEO(1) and BRD(1), COR(1) no other jobs. For the fights use an outside COR that does Beast Roll and drachen Roll, with at least lucky or XI. I also suggest using wings for 300 tp and use garland of bliss on a mob prior to popping (use #4 for instance). Also suggest having a single person control the SMN to synchronize blood pacts. We've done it with idris and nirvanas but it's probably not needed. If the WAR/DRK/SAM of you LS are mad, have them join with a staff and do shell crusher at start (leech).

Celes : Easy . Go PLD, GEO, SMNx3 + leech for instance. Just spam AF+AC+volt strike with frailty and torpor.

Vinipata : Very easy. Same as above, position avatars behind him. IIRC Volt strike does 80k damage.

Shah : Same as above. can be an *** with his move that locks JA. Try until he doesn't open with it.

Albumen : same setup but bring a BRD for initial sleep.

Zerde : You can be unlucky and miss a stun but the following method generally works : use at least one Ifrit, 2 Ramuh. Ifrit spam Flaming Crush to reduce pdt, have one SMN spam shock squall to stun lock it, and the other(s) SMNs do VS. With only one geo it works fine, VS does very good damage (~40k) and FC can do anything from 10k to 99k (resists). You might want to to geo-malaise, indi-frailty and entrust torpor for damage optimization.

Onychophora : Slowly bring it to 26%. Then wait for it to cast a Fire Spell, do AC+AF and burn the last 26%, have one SMN use Cait sith and mewing lullaby for each synchronized VS. You don't need a healer for the first 74%.

Erinys : PLD+SMNx4+GEO is the best setup. 1 SMN uses Cait Sith and does AC mewing lullaby. The others SMN just do VS (preferably do mewing one second after the synchronized VS). It is generally enough to kill it but sometimes it still dispells and you endup with the mob at 20% with AC going off. Even in this case you can finish it easily with a couple of BP. Don't even need a healer as long as mewing is properly applied.

Note : for Warder of courage and Kirin, same ***, but go with a party of 6 and don't try alliance.

We had PLD/WAR for all but Erinys (/RDM for Diaga on adds). PLD uses temps before pops then spam abilities followed by revitalizer and same abilities again (can wait the duration timers if you want). Only Albumen will sometimes turn to face the pets.

For Zerde we had a SCH use Embrava and spammed Fusion > Light with PLD using Savage Blade for an extra Light. All the SMNs used Ifirt MS. This will give you really good damage output with all those SCs to MB off of.

For Albumen bring BRD/BLM. Wait for Mijin at pop then Lullaby with N/T and pop a revitalizer to ready the next round of sleep if need be. If the fight goes well you won’t need a second sleep. ES Hoede Lullaby for the third set of adds. Though if you even reach this point you likely have failed. BRD does not need to be mastered but must be well geared for sleep duration.

Alliance is fine as long as your SMNs can dish out the damage. We have done it with 12 (even on Kirin and WoC). Not all SMNs had Nirvana but GEO did have Idris. The key is to make sure you properly use temps, not skimp on food, and have good gear and timing on BPs — spamming can cause short lockout.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-04 21:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Page late and nothing interesting that wasn't already said. PLD is ***, even a wayfarer run is more useful.
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-05-04 23:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Page late and nothing interesting that wasn't already said. PLD is ***, even a wayfarer run is more useful.

PLD may be ***as you say but the fact that they perform just fine means you don’t need RUN — Wayfarer or not. As for page late... just increase your posts per page settings
By kishr 2018-05-04 23:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

A name like come at me bro with a 4.8k post count.
Smells troll.
By pchan 2018-05-05 00:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see why RUN is >PLD except on zerde and only if you go with magic route. Ramuh doing AC stun makes the fight safe and only a couple of seconds (don't need to setup skillchains or have someone dedicated to stunning etc, plus if you go physical damage route on zerde you don't need a second geo for malaise) and it Physcial damage BP like VS do 40k so who cares about magic. Just because it's better for non your strat doesn't make it better. RUN is pretty much usueless on anything wothwhile in the game, well at least PLD will tank better and SMN wilml DD better.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-05 00:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The sole reason why RUN is better than PLD is SP2.

Outside of that particular ability, for that particular style, neither is especially better than the other.

And it's not about anything other than luck. PLD cannot save avatars from getting amnesia, petrify, sleep. Those significantly lower your ability to win. You can get lucky enough that none of those moves happen, but RUN negates the need for luck *mostly.

(and Gambit Rayke, even though those strats outside of conduit FC are largely dead)
By Staleyx 2018-05-05 01:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm stunned.
By geigei 2018-05-05 02:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Pchan you just went full retard.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14