T4 Reisenjima Strategy.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » T4 Reisenjima Strategy.
T4 Reisenjima Strategy.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14
By Afania 2017-11-07 21:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
How far do you need to get to be out of harms way realistically? Or just don't and stand in -dt?
If you use a height difference, such as tanking teles at the bottom of the hill at #2 and keeping everyone at the top of the hill, being at 20' will be sufficient to avoid everything except Dia aura during invincible. Dia aura is something like 50', there's no point running from it, you need to larceny or cure through. Without a height difference, the range of clarsarch call is 25+.. not sure exact.

Wow it's that long.. jeez. So steal it or deal with it.

Would there be a way to involve the Corsair in the 4-step? We have a DP corsair who just loves to Leaden. Edit: Nevermind, my friend suggested Evis > Dancing > Leaden > Rudras.

Ive never use leaden on teles unbuffed so I may be wrong, but I imagine leaden would get resist hard on T4 without mage buffs. On the other hand evis with raetic mainhand, strong crit dmg set and piercing bonus could be a decent choice.

I would personally use evis instead, unless I get confirmed info that leaden out performs it in melee setup/buff.

Edit: Also in the SC order above COR could be 1st and 3rd to ws.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-11-07 21:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Like Afania said, COR should be using a physical WS to fit the buffs being given. Leaden is a great WS, but (probably) not in this setup/situation.

Here's a few example chains with the different weapon types that COR has at their disposal:

Sword: Savage Blade > Rudra's Storm > Evisceration > Rudra's Storm
Gun: Last Stand > Evisceration > Rudra's Storm > Rudra's Storm
Dagger: Mandalic Stab > Evisceration > Rudra's Storm > Rudra's Storm

(Would be interested to try out a magic buff strat where COR closes Vidhohunir > Vidohunir > Leaden Salute or something lol. Regain roll for TP, and use mew to keep Teles from using JA? Probably the ranged chain would trigger Clasarch Call and everybody would die!)
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-07 21:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cair said: »
I'm pretty sure Dia aura is something around 35-40. It is possible to out range, but unless you're already 20+, most of the damage will be done by the time you make any meaningful ground.

FWIW, mobs all use 3D distance for calculations whereas the distance addon shows you 2D, so we could probably figure specifics out pretty easily if we wanted.

Figured as much. So it's easier to either steal larceny, or cure through it. Regen buffs would help a bit too.

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Like Afania said, COR should be using a physical WS to fit the buffs being given. Leaden is a great WS, but (probably) not in this setup/situation.

Here's a few example chains with the different weapon types that COR has at their disposal:

(Would be interested to try out a magic buff strat where COR closes Vidhohunir > Vidohunir > Leaden Salute or something lol. Regain roll for TP, and use mew to keep Teles from using JA? Probably the ranged chain would trigger Clasarch Call and everybody would die!)

Our COR was doing Savage Blade on the sandworm so we could easily work it in. I like the first skillchain example best.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2017-11-08 03:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cair said: »
I'm pretty sure Dia aura is something around 35-40. It is possible to out range, but unless you're already 20+, most of the damage will be done by the time you make any meaningful ground.

FWIW, mobs all use 3D distance for calculations whereas the distance addon shows you 2D, so we could probably figure specifics out pretty easily if we wanted.

Figured as much. So it's easier to either steal larceny, or cure through it. Regen buffs would help a bit too.

Our COR was doing Savage Blade on the sandworm so we could easily work it in. I like the first skillchain example best.

If you only have 1 thf and 1 COR, COR savage blade (weapon swap) > THF rudra > COR evisceration > THF rudra probably generates highest dps because thf rudra 4 step double dark is just strong. Since COR does ws in between thf gets more tp overflow for rudra too. The downside is that your COR needs to be buffed enough to be able to make SC with weapon swapping.

If you have multiple thf spamming rudras I bet COR evis > THF rudra > THF rudra double dark may be better, maybe. Using evis instead of savage and lose close to 50% of ws dmg on COR suck. But evis gets piercing bonus and makes dark SC with rudra regardless of order, and another rudra can close double dark. So I'm guessing it could be a net gain in pt dps if every thf just spams rudra and SC parse high enough.

I personally don't recommend last stand in high end melee pt. Without prelude, it requires serious racc swaps to hit and that results lower ws avg.....or missed hit if your gear isn't there. If it's your first aeonic round without aeonic gun/bullets last stand kinda suck too.

Recent addition to raetic Kris really provides nice additional ws choice for COR. It has higher base dmg than ag mandau and attack+1 based on mp. I highly encourage people give it a try.
 Asura.Umopepisdn
Server: Asura
By Asura.Umopepisdn 2017-11-08 06:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Or just use Swift Blade instead of weapon swapping.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-08 07:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Umopepisdn said: »

Man people forget Swift Blade and Requiescat are Gravitation WS's, Swift being fairly potent.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-11-08 08:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds more to me like Afa's just stoked about Raetic Kris.
[+]
By Afania 2017-11-08 11:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Man people forget Swift Blade and Requiescat are Gravitation WS's, Swift being fairly potent.

I didn't, but swift isn't piercing nor it beats evis on spreadsheet.

I used swift all the time before I managed to push evis 2k higher on spreadsheet recently. That's when I start looking into dealing with weapon swaps in SC, because I feel the extra damage from ws and sc is worth the hassle and I prefer a bit more work for more dmg.

Sounds more to me like Afa's just stoked about Raetic Kris.

Im lazy so...If you guys can show me a set with 18k swift blade avg on spreadsheet so it can match evis with piercing bonus I would totally prefer it to make my life easier, lol.

Otherwise my stance is still the same, evis probably has higher damage ceiling for now, especially this NM.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-08 12:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What subjobs are the THFs using? Also, what would you guys consider the minimum accuracy requirement (before food/buffs/vorseals) for Teles?
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-08 12:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you need Berserk, I would recommend /SAM.
By Squabble 2017-11-08 12:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think I've seen anyone mention this but the first few times we cleared Zerde was using a Gastraphetes RNG and a SCH doing Fusion>Trueflight(80k~99999) = Light(99999) in a 6 man setup:
RNG SCH WHM RUN GEO BLM (wasn't geared for MB, just Stun; probably a 2nd SCH would've been better as we panicked waiting for strategems). I want to say it died in like 5 skillchains or so with no more than 10 Trueflights overall (RNG would WS while waiting for Strategems). Strategy could be improved a bit, using a 2nd SCH or just using Tabula Rasa and GEO stunner with BLM MB'ing.

We definitely used outside COR rolls and BRD songs on the RNG as well.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-08 12:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Unless you need Berserk, I would recommend /SAM.

Why /SAM?
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-11-08 13:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

mediate?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-11-08 13:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

STP
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-08 13:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it just seems like an odd sub, but if it works! Last time I used thf/sam was to solo brew Shinryu with blue proc. When would you use this over /war though? What kind of buffs do you need to make use of /sam over /war?
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-08 13:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I never use THF/WAR anymore. It's a dead subjob for THF unless you are desperate for attack. 10 Double Attack is heavily marginalized by THFs high Triple Attack rate. I think I have about 50 Triple Attack in my normal gear. 15 STP will serve you better (and you also have meditate which I usually forget to use.)
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-11-08 13:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

sekka has use at times as well
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-08 13:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I never use THF/WAR anymore. It's a dead subjob for THF unless you are desperate for attack. 10 Double Attack is heavily marginalized by THFs high Triple Attack rate. I think I have about 50 Triple Attack in my normal gear. 15 STP will serve you better (and you also have meditate which I usually forget to use.)

How much accuracy would you say is the minimum (before buffs/vorseals etc) for T4s? For a THF/SAM? I'm sure my THF is fine, I just want make sure our THFs are geared enough to come along.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-08 14:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

They vary. There was some testing a while back on different evasion levels for different T4. I added them to bg-wiki (look at the evasion stat for the different T4). You can use that to plan your required accuracy.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-08 14:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

They vary. There was some testing a while back on different evasion levels for different T4. I added them to bg-wiki (look at the evasion stat for the different T4). You can use that to plan your required accuracy.

Would you say having at least 1.2k accuracy before buffs to be a good starting point? I'm super busy the next few days so a rough outline would be sweet. I've got so much to do in-game and out of it, but I'll be sure to let our members know what to expect if they come THF for us next week.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-11-08 14:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Would you say having at least 1.2k accuracy before buffs to be a good starting point? I'm super busy the next few days so a rough outline would be sweet. I've got so much to do in-game and out of it, but I'll be sure to let our members know what to expect if they come THF for us next week.

Last albumen i did 1750 acc capped hit rate so 1.2k is a good starting point imo if u gonna get acc songs, hunters + food and vorseals (specially if double vorseal)
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-08 14:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Using a generic baseline isn't very helpful. The mob evasion varies a lot and what you will need also depends on the buffs you receive. The best thing you can do is

1. Figure out how much accuracy you will get from the buffs you'll have (Songs/Bubbles/etc.)
2. Look at the mob in question and find out what is required to cap hit rate (mob evasion +50~)
3. Use the delta of these two to determine vorseal + food accuracy requirement

If you're unable to reach the requirement after running through this then add more buffs.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-08 14:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

fyi we have a capped BRD (4 RMEA + full HQ song gear) and we aim for 1300 food + vorseal accuracy for albumen. We don't use any other accuracy buffs besides honor march + 2x madrigal though (there are much better rolls than Hunter's)
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-11-08 14:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed, Hunter roll is kinda of a waste unless you are already capping attack and even in that case something like Miser would probably be more beneficial for pure zerg (or Allies if SCing) - the other roll being the awesome and irreplaceable Samurai. If you find yourself struggling for buffs also consider than a saboteur distract 3 from a decently geared RDM is a huge -300 eva that would greatly help.
[+]
 Cerberus.Skunkamaniac
By Cerberus.Skunkamaniac 2017-11-08 14:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i was at around 1210acc before any food/buffs/vorseals yesterday and was hitting fine, i think after buffs sublime my acc was around 1810. also yeah leaden salute was absolute ***vs teles, i think it was hitting around 800dmg, super resist, savage blade was doing way better.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-08 14:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Skunkamaniac said: »
i was at around 1210acc before any food/buffs/vorseals yesterday and was hitting fine, i think after buffs sublime my acc was around 1810. also yeah leaden salute was absolute ***vs teles, i think it was hitting around 800dmg, super resist, savage blade was doing way better.

Thanks dude. That's what I was looking for.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-11-08 16:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

In a situation w/ pdif capped, yeah, /WAR's not gonna offer as much as /SAM. But then again, if you're getting SAM roll, then how much is another 15STP really gonna be helping you? Med kinda meh, and Sekka recast is so long. Maybe skillchain bonus and self-erase from /DNC might be more useful given that they're 4-stepping.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-08 16:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

In a situation w/ pdif capped, yeah, /WAR's not gonna offer as much as /SAM. But then again, if you're getting SAM roll, then how much is another 15STP really gonna be helping you? Med kinda meh, and Sekka recast is so long. Maybe skillchain bonus and self-erase from /DNC might be more useful given that they're 4-stepping.

I thought the same thing, it would free the whm to cure more and make the fight safer. 30 minutes to kill it after all.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-11-08 16:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

reverse flourish also can help with SC building.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14