Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-16 04:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Seipher said:
best i can do with the time i have to play lol :p
imma broke *** sam! xD
as of right now i only swap my head/legs/feet/ring

Pallas bracelets are cheap. Elv RSE ammo is free (2str), moves you up to 6 slots swapped.
 Phoenix.Seipher
Server: Phoenix
user: Seipher
By Phoenix.Seipher 2009-10-17 03:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm i should go buy some lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-17 03:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
Seipher said:
imma broke *** sam! xD

Pallas bracelets are cheap. Elv RSE ammo is free (2str), moves you up to 6 slots swapped.

Idk just full time that ammo really. I mean 4attack vs 2str...
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-17 08:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Vegetto said:
Seipher said:
imma broke *** sam! xD

And if you knew ANYTHING about sam at all, you'd see why 2 str is clearly superior and in most cases for Y/G/K, wearing 4 attack is basically the same as going naked in that slot.
Seipher said:
hmmm i should go buy some lol

I would recommend not listening to him though and getting your RSE sachet. Also, 4 attack vs 2 str isn't even the proper comparison, seeing as you get 1.5 attack from 2 str, makes it 2 str vs 2-3 attack.

Also, keep in mind that Y/G/K gets a giant attack boost and unless you're fighting something along the lines of a giant HNM or JoL, you're going to be capping attack anyways.

It's better and it's free, so I don't really see anyone's argument against getting one. Happy hunting.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-17 09:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't you mean 4 attack vs 3 attack?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-17 09:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:

Simplification.
When one has 1-2 attack and the other has 4 attack and you're going to be wearing one or the other, compare them to each other, not to being naked in that slot.

It'll be the same result, but takes less steps to get there.

For example could do 2 str 1-2 attack and then compare it w/ the results from 4 attack or you can just do 2 str vs 2-3 attack, get the same answer, and get there in less steps.

Another example would be like if one piece had 10 acc and another had 14 acc. I could just say they both started at 10 acc, and then see how much of an increase 4 acc is instead of doing the % increase of 10 acc vs the % increase of 14 acc.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-17 11:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
Korpg said:

Simplification.
When one has 1-2 attack and the other has 4 attack and you're going to be wearing one or the other, compare them to each other, not to being naked in that slot.

It'll be the same result, but takes less steps to get there.

For example could do 2 str 1-2 attack and then compare it w/ the results from 4 attack or you can just do 2 str vs 2-3 attack, get the same answer, and get there in less steps.

Another example would be like if one piece had 10 acc and another had 14 acc. I could just say they both started at 10 acc, and then see how much of an increase 4 acc is instead of doing the % increase of 10 acc vs the % increase of 14 acc.

another example would be you shutting your face
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-17 13:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

... I suggest you both (Vegetto and Sagittario) ignore each other if every thread you two are posting in, is just going to be flaming each other.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-17 13:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, causing drama and flaming others is my job.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-10-17 14:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

here's one I picked up in sky, off a solo'd Eraser. Nothing amazing but at least not terrible like 95% of the other augments I've gotten lol real good for a PLD fire resist set

User submitted image
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-17 14:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
Dasva said:
Vegetto said:
Seipher said:
imma broke *** sam! xD

And if you knew ANYTHING about sam at all, you'd see why 2 str is clearly superior and in most cases for Y/G/K, wearing 4 attack is basically the same as going naked in that slot..

Stop being argumentative. IF you knew ANYTHING about the english language and the way people talked you'd see I was saying to not swap the 2 str and full time it... /facepalm
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-17 15:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Vegetto said:
Dasva said:
Vegetto said:
Seipher said:
imma broke *** sam! xD

And if you knew ANYTHING about sam at all, you'd see why 2 str is clearly superior and in most cases for Y/G/K, wearing 4 attack is basically the same as going naked in that slot..

Stop being argumentative. IF you knew ANYTHING about the english language and the way people talked you'd see I was saying to not swap the 2 str and full time it... /facepalm

thats just the way he is thinks he knows everything about anything, can't accept that you do not agree with him and will go to any length in an attempt to prove you wrong and/or tell you your an idiot. dogmatic narrow minded people like that usually have no friends.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-17 15:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop.
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-10-17 15:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

{Burn}
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-17 16:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Stop.

As you can see, I'm ignoring it, but you mods are going to have to take some action here if you expect me to just be quiet about it. I'll leave it at that.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-17 16:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop means to stop period.

Continuing with it does not equal stopping.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-17 16:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If that was to me, where am I continuing it? I didn't say anything to either Das or Sag.

If that wasn't to me, then carry on, as I have no clue what you're talking about.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-17 16:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
Alyria said:
Stop.

As you can see, I'm ignoring it, but you mods are going to have to take some action here if you expect me to just be quiet about it. I'll leave it at that.

This post is unneeded.

You could have just PM'd Alyria and be done with it.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-17 16:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I PM'd her earlier today. She posted, they continued. Simply saying "Stop it" after she already posted and they continued isn't going to make them stop.

I fail to see your point.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-17 16:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I've said many times before, I try to give warning for ppl to stop. If you fail after I said twice I just topicban you. Now if I just went and topicbanned you both and not a warning, you both would either complain. So if you wish to be topicban, I don't have a problem topicbanning both.

Continue on with the thread.
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-10-17 16:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh snap.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-17 17:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Aliceisback said:
Oh snap.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-17 17:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I got Water+14 and Ice+13 on my Warwolf Belt -.-
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-17 17:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not sure what the problem is, Vegetto has given sensible answers to the questions in the thread. All of this answers have been backed up with approprate maths (or could have been if requested).

He knows the game, and he can do the maths better than a lot of people; and for some reason that seems to have got some peoples backs up.

Not sure why, he hasn't been that rude or nasty, he has shot a few people down for giving bad advice (or seemingly bad advice, but some of which may have been a missunderstanding).

Maybe his more definative style of advice giving doesn't suit this forum, but this game is built on simple maths that (with the right knowledge) can be used to prove which choice of gear/spell/merits/abilties is the best in any given situation.

If you choose to use something other than the 'right choice' then that is your right, but you can't claim that some one is narrow minded for being able to work out which is the 'right choice' and then share that with people who ask (and defend that choice).

@ the OP the best Warwolfs I have seen have had up to ~3 attack, up to ~6 acc and some have had CHR (for dancing edge) and other less useful stats (most notably I saw a +7 R.acc on a warwolfs the other day which is very interesting for COR and RNG WS, although beaten by other items).

Haste is a possible aug (as seem above) but in it's own right is not useful as it will never be better than swift (or v.belt etc).

Most augmented items are at best a side/down grade from other items (eg warwolfs with r.acc is a odd side/down grade from relic belts for cor and rng), but some of them are truly great and ever so slightly game breaking (foragers with 6 acc and weskit with 6 int comes to mind).
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-17 17:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
I PM'd her earlier today. She posted, they continued. Simply saying "Stop it" after she already posted and they continued isn't going to make them stop.

I fail to see your point.

Hope your not including me in that they since I wasn't told to stop. You and Sag were. LOLsams And frankly am annoyed at people who are so intent on argueing they will tell you your wrong while agreeing with you and not even know it lol.

Also back to the haste on warwolf. While it might not win on sam 3 haste on it will be better for alot of jobs especially non mnk(ok still better then swift but really a mnk in swift is fail) dps ones and tanks
 Ramuh.Ilvex
user: Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2009-10-17 17:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Got 13+ Fire Resist & 3 Ranged Attack, not too bad I guess. :/
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-17 17:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste and enmity on a belt make it great for Flash and stun (NIN/DRK).

Although I don't think I would ever use it on a DD job, as their intent should always be getting to 100TP in the least time possible. The small increase in DoT from 1 fSTR and a bit of attack is hardly going to make up for being slower to 100TP.

These days, a reasonably geared 2 handed DD will always have a TP:WS damage ratio favouring WS, SAM is just an extreme example of it.

Maybe it would be viable for something like BLU, where there damage comes from a combination of DoT and spells rather than WS. I would have thought STR, DEX and Haste would make a good belt for spamming high damage BLU spells (but my blu knowledge is limited).
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-17 17:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to have to minorly disagree there Arg. As far as thf goes, in a merit setting, it's typically a DoT job, having a very high DoT in the DoT/WS ratio. (provided you're counting thf as a dd job that is). Seeing how close it came to swift on sam, I can safely say that the belt would win on thf in a merit setting. As far as HNM, idk how their DoT/WS ratio is.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-17 17:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
As far as HNM, idk how their DoT/WS ratio is.

It's about 100/0 DoT/WS.

One hit for Feint/TH, then gtfo. Sadly.