By Taint 2020-03-05 15:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Taint said: »
Not done with Lib but this is what I'm thinking for AM3:

ItemSet 371624

More like AM3/LR/DrainIII set.

Requires LR (which is obvious).

It’s a net zero for DT. I toggle acc and DT as needed.
By SimonSes 2020-03-06 05:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Requires LR (which is obvious).

For you and me it is. Is it for everyone who come here with intention of building DRK? Probably not.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Odynson
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Kensai98
By Ragnarok.Odynson 2020-03-06 11:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I am using. Very similar to yours Taint. Curious if you guys would see any improvements. Minimized the DA so not to drag down the Aftermath. I got max STP augments with good acc. Hits 25% Haste. Got the extra TA in on the legs and still hits 87 STP clearly when /Sam, which should be enough to keep up 3 hit even when not using Insurgency if my math is right. During LR you can swap to Hjarrandi BPlate, change the waist to Windbuffet +1 and be ok I think.
ItemSet 370263
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-03-06 23:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Noob DRK here, trying to get a good Odyssean Helm augment for Torcleaver but Oseem is being a real jerk so far.

1) What's my next best alternative until I get a strong VIT/WSD Helm? Been using Hjarrandi for the high VIT along with Acc/Atk/STP/DA - am I missing any other good choices? FWIW, I don't have the 500JP yet to equip Ratri... though the relatively low VIT and poor acc is a bummer anyway.

2) Roughly how good of an augment do I need for Odyssean to be #1?
 Shiva.Dayone
Server: Shiva
user: day1
By Shiva.Dayone 2020-03-06 23:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Noob DRK here, trying to get a good Odyssean Helm augment for Torcleaver but Oseem is being a real jerk so far.

1) What's my next best alternative until I get a strong VIT/WSD Helm? Been using Hjarrandi for the high VIT along with Acc/Atk/STP/DA - am I missing any other good choices? FWIW, I don't have the 500JP yet to equip Ratri... though the relatively low VIT and poor acc is a bummer anyway.

2) Roughly how good of an augment do I need for Odyssean to be #1?

To beat Hjarrandi, I'm guessing you don't need much. ACC/ATCK/VIT/WSD is your standard considering Hjarrandi is VIT44 vs. Odyssean Vit 35. Someone probably knows exactly what that translates to, 2 WSD?

So if it is 2WSD, then to break even you need 2WSD, 33ACC, 37ATCK (not including dex), but since you don't have to use Hjarrandi as a metric, maxing WSD/VIT, good (enough) ACC and capped ATCK should do better. For that matter, Sulevia's Mask +2 is pretty similar to Hjarrandi.

Shouldn't be too hard to get 4WSD, ACC/ATCK and if you're lucky mix some VIT in there. 10VIT/5WSD/20+ACC/20+ATCK is your target of course, but use the DM campaign right now if possible to get some dream odyssean; my suggestion might be hands though because they're useful on DRK and WAR (Upheaval).
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-03-07 02:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I did work on hands first and got a pretty good pair. STR+8 (not as ideal as VIT, but not bad) Acc+23 Atk+7 WSD+5%. Good enough to satisfy me for now and save my DM augs for something else, which is why I moved on to head as a more pressing need to upgrade.

I'm sure I can roll some WSD+4~5 VIT piece eventually, but Oseem is being Oseem. Gonna hope that the public griping results in a WSD+10 aug tomorrow lol :P I've seen a couple WSD+4 so far, but no acc on them was... disappointing.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
Server: Asura
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-03-10 09:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Liberator am3 I use sailfi belt +1. Is the new DA +5 gonna make sets change a bit for AM3?
By Taint 2020-03-10 09:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
Liberator am3 I use sailfi belt +1. Is the new DA +5 gonna make sets change a bit for AM3?

If you need the 9% haste nothing has changed.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-03-10 09:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't the 5% double attack give diminishing returns for having AM3 though? Guess we will wait and see what else comes out
 Shiva.Ariaum
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2020-03-10 09:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

"Diminishing returns" is still a gain. lol

1. Is there something better? > Get it.

2. IF this is the best thing. Adding 5DA to it does not make it worse. (I guess if it puts you over 100% DA but it doesn't)
 Shiva.Dayone
By Shiva.Dayone 2020-03-10 09:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't the 5% double attack give diminishing returns for having AM3 though? Guess we will wait and see what else comes out

Shiva.Ariaum said: »
"Diminishing returns" is still a gain. lol

1. Is there something better? > Get it.

2. IF this is the best thing. Adding 5DA to it does not make it worse. (I guess if it puts you over 100% DA but it doesn't)

It’s practical what you’re saying but it may be easier to understand if stated:

With 5% more DA, you have 5% more chance to DA AND while AM3 is up if that DA procs you will have 0% chance to proc AM3.
[+]
 Shiva.Ariaum
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2020-03-10 10:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

True. Was more considering normal DA/TA over mythic AM.
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2020-03-10 10:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a running myth that Double Attack hurts mythic AM3.
Double attack procs do override mythic AM3 procs, but there is a net gain in swings over time.

Think of it this way:
AM3 is an 80% increase in number of swings over 0% multiattack
100% Double Attack is a 100% increase in number of swings over 0% multiattack.
These two properties are mutually exclusive, which one has more swings over time? I think its pretty clear.
Adding Double Attack to an AM3 build (up to 100% DA) is always going to be a very minor increase in total swing rate. Its not nothing, but its not hurting either.

Sailfi+1 was always good as a haste option, and that has not changed with the addition of Odyssey.

What did change, is that Agony Jerkin +1 actually became a viable AM3 body option, believe it or not. Store TP +10 and haste+4 in the body slot opens up more options for people in more entry-level AM3 TP sets.
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-03-10 11:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know. Agony still has ***for acc. But 84 attack is pretty crazy.

I'm more looking forward to what they do with Tatena. Harama. +1 when augments come out for a new AM3 piece
 Asura.Mims
By Asura.Mims 2020-03-10 11:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not saying Agony Jerkin +1 is the new BiS, I'm just saying it opens up options. The big two "off the rack" TP bodies are Hjarrandi Breastplate and Flamma Korazin +2 respectively, and neither of them are good haste pieces. Liberator AM3 sets are especially sensitive to Reisenjima augments, which makes what gear is BiS vary heavily person to person, and capping haste with LR down can easily become a problem if your particular options are slim.
 Bismarck.Lilmartio
Server: Bismarck
user: Lilmartio
By Bismarck.Lilmartio 2020-03-10 12:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more looking forward to what they do with Tatena. Harama. +1 when augments come out for a new AM3 piece
Uh DRK can't equip that.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Galiber
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2020-03-11 20:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Was Gavialis Helm still theoretically BiS when active?

Since Lugra upgrade I was thinking of reintroducing the code for it in my GS and then also thought, Oh well might as well put Gavi Head back too.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-03-12 00:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So I decided to do some Infernal testing again as it can be decent in dyna when a mob using Invincible and certain other things like statues, in general its fun to play with being our most powerful magical ws. Also the new UNM upgrade legs peaked my interest and I wanted to see if they will be worth pursuing on drk since that has been one of the weaker mab options spot. BTW they are actually a very large increase over relic+3 which I had assumed were BiS prior to testing, about 10%.

I used the guides drk_magic_ws build as a base build to go off minus the epa ring/sash/frio ear.

9040 - -8 mab -8 int (3.8% dec)
9141 - -5 mab -8 int (2.7% dec)
9396 - base
9499 - w/ +3 mab (1.1% inc)
9433 - w/ +5 str (.39% inc)
9465 - w/ +10 str (.74% inc)
9536 - w/ +2% wsd (1.49% inc)
9607 - w/ +2% wsd 10 str (2.25% inc)
9659 - w/ +3% wsd 10 str (2.8% inc)
9737 - w/ 10 mab (3.63% inc)
9602 - w/ 9 int 3 mab (2.2% inc)
9706 - w/ 9 int 6 mab (3.3% inc)

this gives me a rough increase of...

every 1 str is + ~.075%
every 1 int is + ~.125%
every 1 Mab is + ~.363%
every 1 WSD is + ~.75%

so roughly 1wsd=2mab=6int=10str

Decided to do another quick test to see fotias value later on. Only worth about 2.4% which means its roughly the value of a little more than 3 wsd overall. However, with so many good Mab necks it will be easily replaced.

Also to note the effects of STR seem to taper quickly as 25 str gave only a 1.3% increase and I would have expected 1.875%. The numbers in my testing adding str were already showing a decreasing effect so this is not surpiring. I didnt test this but I would also assume Int will follow that pattern also, thus give priority to wsd/mab when ratios are kept.

10mab neck vs fotia vs jse+2 vs nakid
9420 - 9311 - 9208 - 9090

w/ belt and neck 9536 which is 4.9% inline with what would be expected.

Hope you enjoy my mostly useless testing! It was a bunny masacre!
[+]
 Asura.Mims
By Asura.Mims 2020-03-12 11:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Infernal is only our most powerful magic WS at 1k tp.
Shadow of Death scales way higher with TP, it just looked gimp because BG hadn't been updated since the 2014 update.
I did some retesting a while back, and Austar ran the numbers, and BG has been updated since.
I must say that Liberator in Dynamis Sandoria is an absolute beast, as you have the flexibility to spam Insurgency under green eyes and Shadow of Death under blue and crap all over DDs that can only do Phys or Magic.

Good info on the stat values though, I really needed those numbers for comparison! And when you refer to the Odyssey legs, do you mean the Augury Cuisses +1 with 46 MAB? That does look pretty strong.
By SimonSes 2020-03-12 11:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mims said: »
I must say that Liberator in Dynamis Sandoria is an absolute beast, as you have the flexibility to spam Insurgency under green eyes and Shadow of Death under blue and crap all over DDs that can only do Phys or Magic.

Yeah try to compete with DRG that takes that even further and simply Cataclysm everything for 30k+ per mob :)
 Asura.Mims
By Asura.Mims 2020-03-12 11:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragoon staff build? (That's interesting.) Looking at BG's info on Cataclysm, its fTP values are out of date like SoD's were. Last edit was in 2013, and Cataclysm got a buff in 2014. Neat idea, shame Staff's physical WS kind of suck so you would need to swap weapons depending on eye color. That is some serious AoE damage under blue eyes though.

I know my SoD's can spike to 38k in that zone, but are generally in the 17-25k range, but we're generally doing physical bubbles and not malaise. Another nice thing about SoD is it skillchains with itself to make Fragmentation. If you don't have a Liberator, give it a try with Anguta, that should be similarly powerful.
By SimonSes 2020-03-12 11:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragoon staff build? (That's interesting.) Looking at BG's info on Cataclysm, its fTP values are out of date like SoD's were. Last edit was in 2013, and Cataclysm got a buff in 2014. Neat idea, shame Staff's physical WS kind of suck so you would need to swap weapons depending on eye color. That is some serious AoE damage under blue eyes though.

I know my SoD's can spike to 38k in that zone, but are generally in the 17-25k range, but we're generally doing physical bubbles and not malaise. Another nice thing about SoD is it skillchains with itself to make Fragmentation. If you don't have a Liberator, give it a try with Anguta, that should be similarly powerful.

Yeah you need to change weapon, but really DRG just do soul jump and you have TP ready. Then on physical you switch to polearm and do Sonic on 3-4 mobs XD
 Asura.Mims
By Asura.Mims 2020-03-12 12:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Our resident Dragoon is known for Sonic Thrusting packs in Dyna triggering Mijins, charms, and all kind of mob 1hour shenanigans. It tends to get people killed, often said Dragoon himself. Dynamis is messy like that. AoE strats can absolutely work if you plan around them, but being overly opportunistic with AoEs can cause problems.
I may not be worried about Mijin when I'm on Drk, but its certainly a good way to wipe out a mule party.
[+]
 Shiva.Dayone
By Shiva.Dayone 2020-03-12 14:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

When we run Wave3 wins for new members, we have 2 parties, a magical and physical party. I would like to be versatile on DRK to go into either and have it make more sense then running a Jinpu SAM or straight up Croc RDM.

My gut feeling is that a mythic DRK would do really well in said magic party but I’m wondering if someone has tried it?
By SimonSes 2020-03-12 14:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Our resident Dragoon is known for Sonic Thrusting packs in Dyna triggering Mijins, charms, and all kind of mob 1hour shenanigans. It tends to get people killed, often said Dragoon himself. Dynamis is messy like that. AoE strats can absolutely work if you plan around them, but being overly opportunistic with AoEs can cause problems.
I may not be worried about Mijin when I'm on Drk, but its certainly a good way to wipe out a mule party.

In our runs we usually dont have people boxing. We often have 18+ ppl wanting to go. Also DRG Im talking about is played by Mischief and he actually position himself to Sonic only mobs with safe 1hr and he is very good at it.
 Asura.Mims
By Asura.Mims 2020-03-12 15:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Dayone said: »
When we run Wave3 wins for new members, we have 2 parties, a magical and physical party. I would like to be versatile on DRK to go into either and have it make more sense then running a Jinpu SAM or straight up Croc RDM.

My gut feeling is that a mythic DRK would do really well in said magic party but I’m wondering if someone has tried it?
You're going to be better off in the Phys party in general, the only time where magic damage is really a big thing is Dyna Sandy. Rather than something to focus on as your primary, its a good option to have for when physical damage is crap.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2020-03-13 18:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Galiber said: »

Since Lugra upgrade I was thinking of reintroducing the code for it in my GS and then also thought, Oh well might as well put Gavi Head back too.

Anyone on the Gavialis helm question?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-03-13 19:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone on the Gavialis helm question?
probably not. if it is it would only be resolution and entropy but would need to know what the rest of your gear is like to give a solid result.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 53 54 55