Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-09-18 17:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

intrloper said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »

What about something like this?
It seems and i could be wrong here but once i move into a hybrid set there doesnt seem to be different sets for AM3 up and down.

I believe the program assumes AM3 will always be up, so if you want to make an AM3 Down set, you'd have to switch Liberator out for another, similar Scythe. I wouldn't go with Apocalypse because of its +60 Accuracy, but Anguta could be a good substitute because it doesn't have the extra accuracy and also has the same delay.

Also, it's not terrible to use Hjarrendi, but Sakpata would be superior on anything magical. You're more likely to resist enfeebles that would hurt your overall DPS in Sakpata, but Hjarrendi gives you more STP, so it depends what you want.

I didnt think much about the resist aspect. there is a AM level drop down in the app that allows me to keep liberator on. But because if the new info about resist rates i will most likely just 5/5 sakpata. Thanks.

I wonder if the aftermath check isn't working right. I'd have to mess with it to know for sure. Can always ask the guy who made it to double check.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-09-25 13:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What about something like this?
It seems and i could be wrong here but once i move into a hybrid set there doesnt seem to be different sets for AM3 up and down.

I believe the program assumes AM3 will always be up, so if you want to make an AM3 Down set, you'd have to switch Liberator out for another, similar Scythe. I wouldn't go with Apocalypse because of its +60 Accuracy, but Anguta could be a good substitute because it doesn't have the extra accuracy and also has the same delay.

Also, it's not terrible to use Hjarrendi, but Sakpata would be superior on anything magical. You're more likely to resist enfeebles that would hurt your overall DPS in Sakpata, but Hjarrendi gives you more STP, so it depends what you want.

I didnt think much about the resist aspect. there is a AM level drop down in the app that allows me to keep liberator on. But because if the new info about resist rates i will most likely just 5/5 sakpata. Thanks.

The damage calculator is working as intended, according to the creator.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [52 days between previous and next post]
By Kirakishou 2023-11-16 19:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of TP sets have people been using with Foenaria in Sotrie? My friend and I tried the E boss with me as solo melee, had Chaos/Sam rolls, Aria, Min x2, HM, March and Sylvie geo bubble. Yet my acc was pretty floored when using a slightly adjusted "Apoc5" set from the first page (swapped out the TA ring for Regal). I was using Grape Daifuku as my food, and was /Sam. At one point I even used Diabolic eye and did not seem to change much.
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
Server: Bahamut
user: Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-11-16 20:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Kirakishou said: »
What kind of TP sets have people been using with Foenaria in Sotrie? My friend and I tried the E boss with me as solo melee, had Chaos/Sam rolls, Aria, Min x2, HM, March and Sylvie geo bubble. Yet my acc was pretty floored when using a slightly adjusted "Apoc5" set from the first page (swapped out the TA ring for Regal). I was using Grape Daifuku as my food, and was /Sam. At one point I even used Diabolic eye and did not seem to change much.

You need like 1600 acc for Dhartok, unless there's something missing from what you've said you had for buffs/gear, you likely just didn't have the acc. Can check your acc with /checkparam in game, but likely you just need a madrigal.
By Kirakishou 2023-11-17 00:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Boposhopo said: »

You need like 1600 acc for Dhartok, unless there's something missing from what you've said you had for buffs/gear, you likely just didn't have the acc. Can check your acc with /checkparam in game, but likely you just need a madrigal.

That is what I was thinking as well, we are going to try that next and see if that is enough. Thanks.
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
Server: Ragnarok
user: Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2023-11-17 08:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Boposhopo said: »

That is what I was thinking as well, we are going to try that next and see if that is enough. Thanks.

You can always change a Minuet over to a Madrigal or if you are using SV you can change V March to Madrigal and use haste if the BRD is /WHM or from a Trust. Its been a while since I used Sylvie so I can't remember if she will haste you.
 Bismarck.Norminator
Server: Bismarck
user: Hares
By Bismarck.Norminator 2023-11-17 09:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be great if someone coud uodate the post and add a Foenaria TP set and a Origin WS set.
I'm curious to see what other are coming with.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-11-17 11:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Norminator said: »
It would be great if someone coud uodate the post and add a Foenaria TP set and a Origin WS set.
I mean the weapon just came out and most aren't even making the weapon that would update the site. The ws set will be the pdl set I'm sure torcleaver uses at this point.
 Bahamut.Braams
user: Khronos
By Bahamut.Braams 2023-11-17 12:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
I mean the weapon just came out and most aren't even making the weapon that would update the site. The ws set will be the pdl set I'm sure torcleaver uses at this point.
I'd honestly like to see the damage it does firsthand myself before I make any decisions on sets. Sadly, I'm weeks out from Stage 3 and months out from Stage 4 at my current pace. '-')
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-17 12:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Check it out yourself
By Taint 2023-11-17 12:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing really changes from your basic sets.

Its a 1hit WS, STR/INT based. So stack STR 1st, INT 2nd, WSdmg and PDL.

513 delay, so Apoc sets will work.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-11-17 12:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Not what I meant, but thanks.
[+]
By Taint 2023-11-27 13:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you all jumping in? I'm using this with success, any suggestions?

ItemSet 371815
By Nariont 2023-11-27 13:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really a suggestion more than it is a question, would the jump TP+ swaps benefit or is the raw DA with the bits of STP(which i think raw TP+ would add more?) better overall?
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Ostro_Greaves
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Crusher_Gauntlets

Beyond that, i think though not certain that if the goal is to get as much TP as possible then you want to prioritize STP over DA, though could be mistaken, but for example af+3 legs > ody legs with a STP aug for +13 STP and 2 DA, Telos for dedition is another possible swap, 2nd chirch ring maybe. when the MA kicks in its great but STP is generally more reliable, not sure what wins long term
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [66 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Lunafreya
Server: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-02-01 14:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Continuing the conversation a page or so back regarding Lib AM3 sets mixing in DT. Trying to craft my own to use in situations like sortie bosses where you need some meva/dt but want to keep up the DPS as much as possible.

This is the best I could come up with that caps haste, gives a hefty amount of DT, but still maintains some semblance of a damage-centric set.

ItemSet 394637

Ankou with DEX/ACC/ATK/STP/DT-5%.

-32% DT total. I opted for flamma feet and head for I guess obvious reasons (stp in an AM3 set, TA on the head especially). I really wanted to incorporate my DEX6/ACC30/STP5 Val feet but couldn't justfiy the squishyness.

Thoughts/suggestions?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-02-01 14:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Continuing the conversation a page or so back regarding Lib AM3 sets mixing in DT. Trying to craft my own to use in situations like sortie bosses where you need some meva/dt but want to keep up the DPS as much as possible.

This is the best I could come up with that caps haste, gives a hefty amount of DT, but still maintains some semblance of a damage-centric set.

ItemSet 394637

Ankou with DEX/ACC/ATK/STP/DT-5%.

-32% DT total. I opted for flamma feet and head for I guess obvious reasons (stp in an AM3 set, TA on the head especially). I really wanted to incorporate my DEX6/ACC30/STP5 Val feet but couldn't justfiy the squishyness.

Thoughts/suggestions?

PDT on capes are preferred because you gain -29% MDT from Shell V alone, so you only need -21 from equipment, which is super easy to do these days. Capping PDT to 50%, with the cape having 10%, opens up more options for other stats to aid with TP.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-01 14:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If acc isn't an issue (not sure of MLs, buffs, debuffs) then swap Dignitary for Dedition.

Don't actually need capped haste if you have Last Resort up, you can swap belt for Windbuffet.

Moonlight Ring > Chirich if you want to add DT.

Agree with Kylos, swap cape for PDT for every situation, Shell V means MDT is easily capped most of the time.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2024-02-01 15:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If acc isn't an issue (not sure of MLs, buffs, debuffs) then swap Dignitary for Dedition.

Don't actually need capped haste if you have Last Resort up, you can swap belt for Windbuffet.

Agree with Kylos, swap cape for PDT for every situation, Shell V means MDT is easily capped most of the time.
Windbuffet would be a dps loss over saifi more than likely as the quadattack isn't amazing with am3 up. Moonlight over Chirich for sure you only losing 1 stp and 2 acc but you gain DT and hp which is good for sure. Only problem with this set is stp but shouldn't be a big deal with am3 up. This is mostly what I use now for hybrid or full sakpata. I'd keep on Schere earring over dig earring its better overall if you got it r25+
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-02-01 15:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Crepuscular would be a good earring alternative too if you don't like the -20 acc swing of Dedition.

Hard agree on Moonlight, it's usually better at rounding out a hybrid set than Chirich imo.

I'm using Sweordfaetels +1 for belt option in my Lib AM set.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-02-01 15:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

Windbuffet would be a dps loss over saifi more than likely as the quadattack isn't amazing with am3 up. Moonlight over Chirich for sure you only losing 1 stp and 2 acc but you gain DT and hp which is good for sure. Only problem with this set is stp but shouldn't be a big deal with am3 up. This is mostly what I use now for hybrid or full sakpata. I'd keep on Schere earring over dig earring its better overall if you got it r25+

I don't agree on ignoring QA. Multi attack procs before OAT, so you should get in as much QA as you can, because hitting an enemy 4 times on one melee round is better than attacking 2-3 (OAT).

Also, Triple Attack takes precedence over OAT, and the more TA you can get, the less likely you will only hit twice when OAT procs. However, Store TP is usually more valuable than TA in this scenario.

What you 100% need to avoid while using this aftermath is Double Attack, because you don't want DA procing before OAT, because then you potentially lose out on hitting 3 times. That will hurt your TP flow, so avoid DA at all costs. Sadly, you need Sakpata for its DT and Magic Evasion, so you cannot avoid their DA values. To put it simply:

1) Use all the QA you can find.
2) Stack up on STP, and get TA when you can, but not at the expense of STP.
3) Avoid DA like the plague.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-02-01 15:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Avoiding DA like the plague is the overall issue with this kind of set - using Sakpata for its defensive properties is necessary but it’s stacked with DA which is diminishing lib’s AM value. Overall it’s better because alive > dead but the synergy feels kinda bad.

Thanks for the other suggestions!
[+]
By Taint 2024-02-01 15:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I only use Liberator on A and E. But I use the same set as Luna with 2 small changes. Dedition earring and a Resist cape.

For Sortie: PDT is irrelevant, MDT is easy to cap but a single resist (cape plus Sakpata mail) can add to your parse, especially on F,G,H.

I sold my Sweordfaetels belt it made no measurable difference over Sailfi.

For v20/25s you'll be in full Sakpata and using GS in my experience.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-02-01 16:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
I only use Liberator on A and E. But I use the same set as Luna with 2 small changes. Dedition earring and a Resist cape.

For Sortie: PDT is irrelevant, MDT is easy to cap but a single resist (cape plus Sakpata mail) can add to your parse, especially on F,G,H.

I sold my Sweordfaetels belt it made no measurable difference over Sailfi.

For v20/25s you'll be in full Sakpata and using GS in my experience.

I'm guessing the resist cape stacks on Magic Evasion? And the "resist status ailments" stat doesn't work on NMs? Am sure I read that somewhere.
By SimonSes 2024-02-01 16:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing the resist cape stacks on Magic Evasion? And the "resist status ailments" stat doesn't work on NMs? Am sure I read that somewhere.

It works, it's just cut by half on the %.
Resist is completely separate to macc<>meva relationship and mechanic. It will proc the same against Leaping Lizzy and v25 Bumba.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-01 17:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweordfaeteels isn't a bad option, but generally speaking QA = 3 STP, TA = 2 STP, so Windbuffet would be ~10 STP. Not gonna make or break you, but if you're looking for the best TP gain rate...I think it comes out on top. Both are definitely superior to Sailfi because it has 5% DA.

I'd also like to point out that DA isn't actually negative for mythic AM3 users, it's just less effective than it would be otherwise.

With AM3 up and no DA, QA, or TA, you get 1.8 attacks per round, meaning a DA proc would be (on average) an increase in your attacks per round. It's just not AS SIGNIFICANT of an increase as if you had no AM3. DA will not reduce the amount of TP you gain, on average, with AM3. Under any circumstances.

As an example, I ran some simulations and with his set above (3% QA, 7% TA, 28% DA) he gets ~1.95 attacks per round. Zeroing out the DA put him at ~1.87 attacks per round. I'm not a mathemagician and my simulation isn't mathematically perfect, but I'm extremely confident in saying that DA increases your TP gain with AM3 up. Even with 100% DA (if you could get it magically for free) your attacks/round would go up with AM3. Obviously at that point don't bother getting the AM, but the point remains...don't actively avoid DA in AM3 builds, only prioritize it (significantly) lower than other stats like STP, QA, TA.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-03-23 18:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if Origin bypasses/ignores shadows?
Catastrophe and Entropy have this property,

Going to see if a Friend will kill me in Ballista for science.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2024-04-13 16:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Does anyone know if Origin bypasses/ignores shadows?
Catastrophe and Entropy have this property,

Going to see if a Friend will kill me in Ballista for science.

Weird, I was just mentioning this in discord and instantly questioned it myself. I assumed it would but certainly curious!
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55