First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 53 54 55
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2019-12-20 09:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Milyu said: »
Sorry for the confusion, haven't played much since the 75 era.

https://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/347333

For the 5-hit Caladbolg build on the frontpage, it says it needs 63 STP. Counting all the STP on gear, it gives 62 STP. Is either the val body or ody leg augmented with STP or does it assume we have cor's sam roll and just use DA on both? I just solo so I can't have cor roll full time.

Yes, it's augments. It's not difficult to get a sizable chunk of STP from Oseem on either of those pieces.
[+]
By Milyu 2019-12-20 10:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
Milyu said: »
Sorry for the confusion, haven't played much since the 75 era.

https://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/347333

For the 5-hit Caladbolg build on the frontpage, it says it needs 63 STP. Counting all the STP on gear, it gives 62 STP. Is either the val body or ody leg augmented with STP or does it assume we have cor's sam roll and just use DA on both? I just solo so I can't have cor roll full time.

Yes, it's augments. It's not difficult to get a sizable chunk of STP from Oseem on either of those pieces.

Thanks for the reply.
If that's the case, wouldn't it be better to just use chirich ring +1 instead of petrov ring or swap brutal earring for cessance earring in order to get that last 1 STP to break 5 hit? I was thinking it would be better to augment with double DA on val and ody if I do that. Or do what pilipinoboi did and do something like his set:

ItemSet 358496
OP has his itemset listed as BiS and no one is arguing so I'm probably missing something though.

Edit: I just noticed OP's link to 5 hit build:

ItemSet 347333
if you clicked his itemset, it shows valorous feet on the left while it shows flamma feet on the right (a bug? I don't know which one he figures it's BiS. I assumed he prefers flamma feet). If that val feet has STP aug on it, then I could do DA augment on both val body and ody legs and still maintain 5 hit.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-12-20 10:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It assumes sam subjob and 63 more stp in gear.
By Milyu 2019-12-20 21:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pilipinoboi said: »
For Calad I stick with STP on mine and I maintain 5-hit without having to sacrifice Ignominy Legs and using my old Odyssean legs to TP on.

ItemSet 358496

Keep both Valorous though, depending on buff/situation etc per usual, you alternate between.

Ah ok that makes sense.

I guess my confusion came for the above itemset, this itemset is actually a 6-hit according to the description listed (STP on val body, DA on cape) assuming he uses the same torc WS set as OP.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-12-21 04:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know. maybe he's assuming sam roll or something.
 Bismarck.Mcdougall
Server: Bismarck
user: Mcdougall
By Bismarck.Mcdougall 2020-01-17 05:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the original post on gearsets still fairly accurate? I'm currently building apoc and working on drk gear.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Server: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2020-01-17 05:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The only difference will be the addition of
https://www.ffxiah.com/item/26115/balder-earring-1 and
https://www.ffxiah.com/item/22298/aurgelmir-orb-1

These 2 alone right now cost more than making R15 Calad or Lib, so up to you if it's worth it. Undoubtedly BiS, not game changing upgrades.
By SimonSes 2020-01-17 08:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That earring is nothing special. Its +3STP and +3MA. On avg its on par with Brutal, Cessance or Telos.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2020-01-17 09:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Possible he meant this earring. For obvious reasons, it should be used in place of Ishvara Earring. Assuming you can spare the DI points for it.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Thrud_Earring
By SimonSes 2020-01-17 09:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Humpo said: »
Possible he meant this earring. For obvious reasons, it should be used in place of Ishvara Earring. Assuming you can spare the DI points for it.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Mani_Earring

I doubt he meant that earring since he was telling about both items costing tons of gils, which would be valid for QA earring.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-01-17 23:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Humpo said: »

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Thrud_Earring
Tbh this earring hasn't been out long so it wouldnt change much. I personally wouldnt go for a 5 hit build as the 6 hit is for increased damaged from am3. I could be reading this wrong but to talk about someone else post you should really always be sam sub on drk otherwise it's kinda a mass dps loss.
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-02-02 02:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I havent kept the guide up to date with all the new gear (I dont play anymore really). If someone is willing to crunch the numbers and sets I am happy to reflect the changes; just make the gear and set known to me that is in need of an update.
 Kujata.Tetsuiga
Server: Kujata
user: Tetsuiga
By Kujata.Tetsuiga 2020-02-02 23:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a good Spinning Scythe set?
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-02-03 00:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

the radius is affected by tp, but the stat mod is STR, I would thus just load up on STR gear and probably moonshade so you can tag more. Basically use a set like CR.
By trinironnie 2020-02-14 19:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What numbers do you guys get with Insurgency ? Recently R15 my Mythic Scythe and i feel like my damage sucks...hitting about 20-40k with procs.
sub="Utu Grip",
ammo="Knobkierrie",
head="Ratri Sallet",
body="Ignominy Cuirass +3",
hands="Ratri Gadlings",
legs="Ratri Cuisses",
feet="Ratri Sollerets",
neck="Abyssal Beads +1",
waist="Fotia Belt",
left_ear="Ishvara Earring",
right_ear="Thrud Earring",
left_ring="Regal Ring",
right_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10',}},
}
 Ragnarok.Odynson
user: Kensai98
By Ragnarok.Odynson 2020-02-14 19:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Which Scythe? Buff? Scenario? Which ws sucks? or all?
[+]
By trinironnie 2020-02-14 19:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry guess I forgot some words, updated the post. Used it for the first time in dyna, so geo buffs and cor buffs. Doing about 20-40k with procs
 Ragnarok.Odynson
By Ragnarok.Odynson 2020-02-14 19:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have acc buffs from brd? Since Insurgency is a MA WS and if AM3 is up it can proc even more MA and if your whiffing those extra hits your gonna limit your dps. Also you only have NQ Ratri that is also going to limit you since you missing a lot of acc there as well.
I also only have my Lib AG so far I have Apoc and Anguta R15. So I cant give you 100% info on that but from my experience with taking my drk to dyna acc is huge so those numbers dont look too bad to me considering the lack of HQ.
By trinironnie 2020-02-14 19:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm looks like i gotta get some H.Q pieces..also dumb question but whats MA?
 Ragnarok.Odynson
By Ragnarok.Odynson 2020-02-14 20:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Multi Attack
 Ragnarok.Odynson
By Ragnarok.Odynson 2020-02-14 20:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

trinironnie said: »
There are also some pieces you can change to that are nearly as good as the +1 or even arguable as good as them. Like the Relic Legs +3 are super solid with good amounts of acc. I think Ratri legs pull ahead but not by much. I think the front page of this topic and the Swing and a Myth one, has some good sets as well.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-02-14 23:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Odynson said: »
There are also some pieces you can change to that are nearly as good as the +1 or even arguable as good as them. Like the Relic Legs +3 are super solid with good amounts of acc. I think Ratri legs pull ahead but not by much. I think the front page of this topic and the Swing and a Myth one, has some good sets as well.

Insurgency you're gonna want su3+1 legs for ws. The STP helps with getting your 3 hit build.
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-02-15 01:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What numbers do you guys get with Insurgency ? Recently R15 my Mythic Scythe and i feel like my damage sucks...hitting about 20-40k with procs.
sub="Utu Grip",
ammo="Knobkierrie",
head="Ratri Sallet",
body="Ignominy Cuirass +3",
hands="Ratri Gadlings",
legs="Ratri Cuisses",
feet="Ratri Sollerets",
neck="Abyssal Beads +1",
waist="Fotia Belt",
left_ear="Ishvara Earring",
right_ear="Thrud Earring",
left_ring="Regal Ring",
right_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10',}},
}

You should use moonshade instead of that ishvara for anything other than 3k TP insurgencies. Between 1000 and 2000 TP 250 TP bonus is worth .6875 ftp on a starting value at 1000 of .5 ftp, which will give you way more mileage than 2% damage on the first hit.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2020-02-15 10:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You should also aim for STR+30 WSD+10 back for Insurgency.
[+]
By trinironnie 2020-02-15 14:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the input :)!
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2020-02-15 18:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

trinironnie, from the set you posted, here is what I recommend.
Get a Moonshade earring ASAP, it's going to be the single biggest buff to your damage. Past that, nq Ratri is costing you somewhere in the range of 40 accuracy vs HQ, so try to raise that to parity with your AM3 TP set.
I know Orestes suggested suggested a Str 30 WSD 10% backpiece, I would actually recommend going with Dex over Str for you, as you have an accuracy gap you need to close. Only stack Str for insurgency if you have nothing left to do.
After those changes, get ahold of Relic +3 legs, and then fill out the rest with HQ Ratri.

As for how Insurgency performs, it's a skill with a wide range. It should have both a noticeably lower minimum, and higher maximum than Torcleaver out of R15 Caladbolg. Obviously buffs and targets are going to skew things pretty widely, but for me at least, a 3000 TP Torcleaver vs the normal DI dragons does around 64k, where 3000 TP Insurgency lands around 74k, without the awakening buff. Numbers are obviously anecdotal and to be taken with a grain of salt.

As for the Liberator guide, I know it needs to be updated. All the conceptual stuff in there is still valid. It needs to be moved to a node, and for me to flesh out some details. I'm tired and busy so it has been pushed to the back of my priorities, but I'll get around to it. It doesn't help that I know nothing of FFXIAH's node system.
 Shiva.Setiva
user: Setiva
By Shiva.Setiva 2020-03-04 20:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering what everyone is tp'g in when using Liberator to avoid the huge HP yo-yo action when dropping Insurgency. DRK lives matter.
 Bahamut.Asphaar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Asphaar 2020-03-05 12:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mims said: »
trinironnie, from the set you posted, here is what I recommend.
Get a Moonshade earring ASAP, it's going to be the single biggest buff to your damage. Past that, nq Ratri is costing you somewhere in the range of 40 accuracy vs HQ, so try to raise that to parity with your AM3 TP set.
I know Orestes suggested suggested a Str 30 WSD 10% backpiece, I would actually recommend going with Dex over Str for you, as you have an accuracy gap you need to close. Only stack Str for insurgency if you have nothing left to do.
After those changes, get ahold of Relic +3 legs, and then fill out the rest with HQ Ratri.

As for how Insurgency performs, it's a skill with a wide range. It should have both a noticeably lower minimum, and higher maximum than Torcleaver out of R15 Caladbolg. Obviously buffs and targets are going to skew things pretty widely, but for me at least, a 3000 TP Torcleaver vs the normal DI dragons does around 64k, where 3000 TP Insurgency lands around 74k, without the awakening buff. Numbers are obviously anecdotal and to be taken with a grain of salt.

As for the Liberator guide, I know it needs to be updated. All the conceptual stuff in there is still valid. It needs to be moved to a node, and for me to flesh out some details. I'm tired and busy so it has been pushed to the back of my priorities, but I'll get around to it. It doesn't help that I know nothing of FFXIAH's node system.

What are you using for Liberators AM3 set these days?
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2020-03-05 14:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mims said: »
It doesn't help that I know nothing of FFXIAH's node system.

What about putting it on BGwiki's job guide section?
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 53 54 55