New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Master Trial - Black and White
Master Trial - Black and White
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By eeternal 2020-10-11 14:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no idea how formers are resisting lullaby even though they are dark based.

In addition to that, they are sleeping to RUN/BLM ES Sleepga..Very strange
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2020-10-11 15:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Unlike most Undead, generally Fomors are susceptible to Sleep but resistant to Lullaby.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [89 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Biglovin
Server: Asura
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2021-01-09 00:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ajamu said: »

Thinking RUN, WHM, BRD, COR, GEO, BLU (me) and another DD if dreamflower is gonna stick instead of getting a rdm. If dreamflower is not optimal then what should I switch out for a rdm?

Run/Whm/Brd/Cor/Geo/Blu is already a 6 man party so you cannot have another DD or a Rdm with that setup.

Post deleted by User.
By RendBlackhand 2021-01-09 02:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Read the wiki page on it. It is old zone rules so there is a cap to MACC. Pretty much only lands 25 percent of the time, meaning sleep is not viable. Only viable strat is tanking all the adds with RUN. Even then, supposing you get them all down, and alexander, Zantetsuken will go off and then Odin will put up Dread Spikes regularly.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-01-09 08:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Just go try it, if you have decent gear and players you'll probably be able to win with any reasonable setup. Gear and job buffs since this was released are utterly obscene. The only reward from these is a cosmetic to show you did it, you should try/fail/adjust/retry to get the full experience.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-01-09 10:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Just go try it, if you have decent gear and players you'll probably be able to win with any reasonable setup. Gear and job buffs since this was released are utterly obscene. The only reward from these is a cosmetic to show you did it, you should try/fail/adjust/retry to get the full experience.

^

Get friends/try things. There are many viable jobs for this fight, dare i say every job is viable for this fight now? Things have changed since 2016.

Don't use any form of sleep in this fight without Elemental seal or you are likely going to spend another 250 merits.(thereby your whole setup likely changes if u are adamant on using sleeps as part of your strat)

But if you WERE to swap a job out of that setup, it would be the COR in my opinion (or the BLU but that's you so...). We had about a 28 min run? with that exact setup, with RDM buyer who did n't want to sit back and leach instead of COR (without utilizing any sleeps). RDM does some great things. Take the clear time with a grain of salt, because some of us in that particular fight have done it well over 100 times, and it's a bit different trying this from scratch. The BLU died 2 times to valks as well. And our BRD could not stay alive lol. (pretty sure Xiu does n't record these anymore so there is no Video, I don't remember if she was even at that one)

I would not drop the GEO personally, under any means. The Lupon is very important for dissipating needles damage from Odin in case ***hits the fan (it usually does), and you only have 1 person on it. Even though GEO debuffs are nerfed in this fight I don't think GEO party buffs are. I think you lose too much by dropping the GEO. The BRD could be dropped in a melee setup, but your clear time will increase and your margin of error will decrease.

The RDM had good gear and was well skilled from what I could tell, and crippled everything except odin. Odin was much tougher to enfeeble he said. He melee the valks a bit until he died, but then gave up going in and just did enfeebs and ***. Odin can just be an *** whenever he feels like it, the real battle starts when u make it to him. He was an utter *** in this run. But it's more fun when he's pissy. :D

Lots of edits~
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-01-09 10:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

From my own experience of so many attempts at this battle, the real fight indeed starts at Odin lol. Odin gave me so much grief I never felt better after the win.

This is the video of our battle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUe--2y6Uog COR+MNK DDs, so BLU in leu of MNK can certainly work well too.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-01-24 21:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a rather specific question.

We have been targeting one add at a time to kill it and follow the kill order. Despite this, we have been noticing that randomly the entire group of formors will randomly run towards one of us back line jobs (mostly the Whm).

At first we thought maybe Dia was triggering this, but now we don't know.

Anyone know what causes this to happen?

ty ty.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2021-01-24 22:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably your tank's mistake. When tanking lots of enemies at same time, tank can't enter into the hate lists of anything except the current target's or the healer will enter into them too when they heal the tank. To avoid it the tank can't use any AoE offensive hate tools like most blue magics. Self-target stuff like Foil is fine though.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-01-24 22:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
We have been targeting one add at a time to kill it and follow the kill order. Despite this, we have been noticing that randomly the entire group of formors will randomly run towards one of us back line jobs (mostly the Whm).

I've only seen this happen, in this particular fight, when either: someone tags everything via AoE, or when someone tags odin and does not keep hate on it. Either your tank did some action to all of them, and lost hate, or your tank did something to Odin, and lost hate. Only other explanation is the back line tagged Odin or all the valks, while your tank did not have them, and WHM somehow ended up at the top of the enmity list. One Valk going for the back line is not out of the ordinary, but the entire group doing that is for sure due to someone(s) actions in your group.
[+]
By zixxer 2021-01-25 23:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
I have a rather specific question.

At first we thought maybe Dia was triggering this, but now we don't know.

Anyone know what causes this to happen?

ty ty.

Grimgerde has a hate reset move.
[+]
By zixxer 2021-01-25 23:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Balduran said: »
From my own experience of so many attempts at this battle, the real fight indeed starts at Odin lol. Odin gave me so much grief I never felt better after the win.

This is the video of our battle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUe--2y6Uog COR+MNK DDs, so BLU in leu of MNK can certainly work well too.

What add on do I need to change my buff icons to have it like yours? Thank you in advance!
 Asura.Crowned
Server: Asura
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2021-01-26 00:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a dat mod, can be found here.

https://github.com/Caradog/XI-View
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By eeternal 2021-01-30 04:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you deal with Odin's dread spikes if you doing it melee method? been getting there with 25 mins left but cant silence him on BiS GEO Macc (Focus, Langour, Food, etc) .. he casts it like every 20 secs lol

I don't recall having issues silencing Odin @HTBM on GEO

Only thing I haven't tried and might test it is Rayke.. x3 Flabra
 Bahamut.Balduran
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-01-30 08:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

zixxer said: »
Bahamut.Balduran said: »

What add on do I need to change my buff icons to have it like yours? Thank you in advance!

Apologies for the late reply - I am using Kenshi's dat mods

eeternal said: »
How do you deal with Odin's dread spikes if you doing it melee method? been getting there with 25 mins left but cant silence him on BiS GEO Macc (Focus, Langour, Food, etc) .. he casts it like every 20 secs lol

I don't recall having issues silencing Odin @HTBM on GEO

Only thing I haven't tried and might test it is Rayke.. x3 Flabra

The 2 ways we approached this, having the melee turn around once dread spikes were up, which most of the time someone from the melee failed at, and elemental seal silence, then zerging for the duration silence lasts, provided Odin doesn't do any nasty moves meanwhile. Shooting on Corsair was the best way for us (including an idle melee).
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-02-01 17:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

has anyone done this with COR COR RNG WHM RUN GEO?
CORs pull hate immediately and die from the adds phase. Seems like having the 2nd ranger is necessary for dual Coronach spam and stay under relic aftermath for -enmity
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2021-02-01 18:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Is your RUN doing any damage at all? Do the CORs use any -enmity pieces? kustawi/+1, enmity- food like potaufeu, etc
 Odin.Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-02-01 18:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »
Is your RUN doing any damage at all? Do the CORs use any -enmity pieces? kustawi/+1, enmity- food like potaufeu, etc
RUN does use Dimidiation. They do use some enmity - gear. I'm not sure on the food though. Is the -3 enmity from the food going to make a difference? They even tried /drg and high jump every time its up, still the add rushes back every time they shoot.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2021-02-01 22:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

My setup was yours with RNG swapped for BRD. This let the RUN easily tp/ws to maintain hate.

RUN usually tps down each fomor to 80%, and then the CORs can let loose after easily without pulling hate most of the time. Dirge makes things smoother if you need it as well.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-02 05:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Afaik this fight is based on old pre ilvl hate mechanic, where doing like 100k damage caps your hate. If that's true then nothing enmity- will really help you beside fixed enmity mechanics like Coronach/NamasArrow. Keep in mind that Coronach damage is static enmity, but if you skillchains with it, then skillchains damage isn't. So if you want to keep enmity low and *probably never pull hate in old areas, don't close skillchains with Coronach.

*If you utilize decoy shot too and won't do Barrage xD
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-03 02:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Did this tonight with ls mates for the first time. Old news to most, but we had a lot of fun

Beat it on our 5th or 6th try, which was the first try we got past the 3rd or 4th fomor without wiping, lol whoops!

Run/nin, war/Sam, cor, brd, geo, whm

We recovered from a lottt of deaths and bad situations on our winning run, everyone died at least once and the tank died twice on Odin near the end. So I guess just don't give up and it's not that bad. Gather some friends and give it a shot! All it costs is some and all of your expensive hq food for the wipes and deaths ;;
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-02-03 14:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Did this tonight with ls mates for the first time. Old news to most, but we had a lot of fun

Beat it on our 5th or 6th try, which was the first try we got past the 3rd or 4th fomor without wiping, lol whoops!

Run/nin, war/Sam, cor, brd, geo, whm

We recovered from a lottt of deaths and bad situations on our winning run, everyone died at least once and the tank died twice on Odin near the end. So I guess just don't give up and it's not that bad. Gather some friends and give it a shot! All it costs is some and all of your expensive hq food for the wipes and deaths ;;

Good to know WAR works on this. Was WAR doing Savage Blade spams or Upheaval Chango? Can you also share your buffs please? Thank you :)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-03 14:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I was on chango full time and full breaking everything at least once hoping it would stick and help some, ha. Buffs I think were.. sam/chaos honormarch/minuet/madrigal/scherzo? think we had an extra minuet up but clarion call was down and well we died a bunch. geo was on barrier/frailty/entrust-wilt. every except brd/whm in range mainly, cor was on savage.

Scherzo didn't seem to help much with the death, but who knows we didn't do much prep work except following the standard mob order from the internet and knowing to have rr for all and the tank /nin for odins one hit KO (which still got him twice)
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-02-03 19:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Demhar said: »
CORs pull hate immediately and die from the adds phase. Seems like having the 2nd ranger is necessary for dual Coronach spam and stay under relic aftermath for -enmity

You pretty much illustrated why the early winners of this fight went with 2 Anni RNG back it 2016. Mechanics are such that it was necessary back then. Things have changed and this can be beat with all kinds of setups due to gear creep, nerfs, and job adjustments.

However, mechanics are the same as they were when this fight was released.

If doing Ranger/ranged method, u will want 2 RNG with Anni. COR will always pull hate. This battle's mechanics are the reason why. If we do RA method, we usually don't let the COR ws at all (other than wildfire which does nothing) until Alexander, and Odin. It's too messy otherwise. If your RA do get hate, they need to have the awareness to move away from the back line, and towards an area where the tank can, hopefully, reacquire the mob.

Tl;dr Don't take CORs to this fight if doing pew method, it's just ***
[+]
By eeternal 2021-02-03 23:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Demhar said: »
Done this many times melee method and I can assure you that your tank needs to take each mob to 75% before melee start engaging; otherwise, they will pull hate.
[+]