Master Trial - Black and White
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-31 09:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice work, dude. It's always a nice thing to see people clearing these fights and not using SMN burn for it is even more impressive, mad props.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [122 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-03-01 10:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was doing this fight again with some LS friends and found out tank is not needed as weird as that sounds.
I was doing melee method last night and everyone who knows me is probably sick of hearing this already.
Our RUN tank died about 5 minutes into the run, we had only killed less than 1-2 mobs (too lazy to count), so all mobs went idle for a few seconds and then aggroed me, the Monk.
I started recording after we killed 1 mob or so after RUN died cos I was not expecting this to be a viable strat and thought we'd wipe.
Turns out you can beat Black and White without an actual tank as demonstrated in the video.
Although I didn't post full video, that's because we done a goof and ruined the comeback of the century........ Don't forget RR on Odin lol.

TL;DR: Monk can tank Black and White from start to finish because it's that overpowered and PLD/RUN is not necessary.

And Crowned is a god tier WHM for keeping Monk alive throughout the fight.

Will edit when video gets uploaded.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Korgull 2020-03-02 02:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Very impressive.

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [71 days between previous and next post]
By zixxer 2020-05-11 18:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Necro time!

Finally got my sword. Special thanks to Aryea, Reyo, Zinon, Zidaner, and Tafari.

Took us 4 tries, Set up was PLD/BLU (me), RNG x2, COR, WHM, and GEO.

We got to Odin with about 20-30min to spare but he was tough for me to tank because I was /BLU instead of /NIN. Our clear was 55 min.

[+]
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2020-05-27 13:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking to attempt this melee style sometime this week. Just wondering buff wise what songs/rolls/bubbles are suggested?

Edit: Ah nvm was being lazy I see it all mentioned on the last page.
By Draylo 2020-05-28 14:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I love these fights, I hope they add more.
[+]
 Asura.Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2020-05-29 00:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious what you would bring instead of a tank?Looking at trying it this way since were having hate issues using pld.
Asura.Shiraj said: »
So I was doing this fight again with some LS friends and found out tank is not needed as weird as that sounds.
I was doing melee method last night and everyone who knows me is probably sick of hearing this already.
Our RUN tank died about 5 minutes into the run, we had only killed less than 1-2 mobs (too lazy to count), so all mobs went idle for a few seconds and then aggroed me, the Monk.
I started recording after we killed 1 mob or so after RUN died cos I was not expecting this to be a viable strat and thought we'd wipe.
Turns out you can beat Black and White without an actual tank as demonstrated in the video.
Although I didn't post full video, that's because we done a goof and ruined the comeback of the century........ Don't forget RR on Odin lol.

TL;DR: Monk can tank Black and White from start to finish because it's that overpowered and PLD/RUN is not necessary.

And Crowned is a god tier WHM for keeping Monk alive throughout the fight.

Will edit when video gets uploaded.

Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-05-29 00:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd double up on CORs. Gives you sam chaos and fighter's rolls +1 flex and there's a ton of options for your 4th roll.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-05-29 00:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ramsy said: »
Just curious what you would bring instead of a tank?Looking at trying it this way since were having hate issues using pl
Old zones hate mechanics, plus Valks are just wierd with hate, so it's not really your tank, jsut battlefield design. I would n't recommend going without a tank though. I'm pretty sure Rua and Shiraj's group killed Helm and Ort before their RUN died, these will destroy (unless u have boltered fade or fend and are lucky) any DD if they have to hold all the other ***too. Plus supertanking ***is jsut so much easier and safer with a 'real' tank.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-05-29 03:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Just curious what you would bring instead of a tank?Looking at trying it this way since were having hate issues using pl
Old zones hate mechanics, plus Valks are just wierd with hate, so it's not really your tank, jsut battlefield design. I would n't recommend going without a tank though. I'm pretty sure Rua and Shiraj's group killed Helm and Ort before their RUN died, these will destroy (unless u have boltered fade or fend and are lucky) any DD if they have to hold all the other ***too. Plus supertanking ***is jsut so much easier and safer with a 'real' tank.
This right here is spot on. I think alot of people forget the fights are suppose to take long and how the old zones hate mechanics work for these fights. If you go in without a tank more than likely you won't make it to shadowlord. Some will base don luck but ya. Monk can tank one mob and its feels viable but let him super tank from start and its gonna get noticed not to list the fact about luck on what moves mobs use.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-05-29 03:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
I'm pretty sure Rua and Shiraj's group killed Helm and Ort before their RUN died, these will destroy

We killed Helmwige then tank died. However, we tried Black and White with no tank at all, and while it IS doable, killing Helmwige without Odyllic/One for All is a the worst thing you can do for your white mage. It's hell for them to keep you alive. The bubbles we used was Frailty, Indi barrier entrust wilt. Honor March, Victory March, Blade Madrigal, Knight's Minne V, Scherzo. Sam/Chaos.
[+]
 Asura.Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2020-05-29 08:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry was pretty drained when I made that post yesterday. We were aware of the hate mechanics, but I honestly didn’t think it would be that awful. I think going the route of just having a tank super tank and having our monk pull them and tank one by one. Thanks everyone for your feedback
By zixxer 2020-05-29 20:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry was pretty drained when I made that post yesterday. We were aware of the hate mechanics, but I honestly didn’t think it would be that awful. I think going the route of just having a tank super tank and having our monk pull them and tank one by one. Thanks everyone for your feedback

I recorded the fight as pld/blu. I didn't post it on youtube because there is no sound. I should've done a sound check before recording the whole thing. >.>

Anywho... just let me know if you want me to post and send you the link. As I understand you have a strat you're going to try first. Good luck.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [130 days between previous and next post]
By eeternal 2020-10-06 17:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This guy is something.. 16 Mins clear... cant read Japanese.. was he ES/Saboteur Sleepga on the formers? this makes the fight much easier

Also, would SV Troub Horde manage to zzz them or you really need a rdm?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By eeternal 2020-10-06 17:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

no, its 2 DRK and 1 RUN

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-06 17:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Memes said: »
That's what I thought but they are all wearing Calad at one point and the tank is casting stun (DRK sub?), it is dat changes? The support is GEO BRD RDM?

I lock caladbolg via /equipset /lockstyle on RUN often- it pairs really well visually with the RUN artifact gear. And yes, /DRK is a common subjob for Rune Fencer.

Does intrigue me because the ways I've done this one in the past makes it a much longer fight than this is.
By Draylo 2020-10-06 18:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

RE3 Nemesis final battle music!
 Odin.Bangla
Server: Odin
user: Ceal
By Odin.Bangla 2020-10-07 04:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Those guys are from our server (Odin).
By Ruaumoko 2020-10-07 05:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That's very smart of them. Both DRK are using Scarlet Delirium on Alexander to get the Damage Dealt +% buff.
By SimonSes 2020-10-07 05:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
That's very smart of them. Both DRK are using Scarlet Delirium on Alexander to get the Damage Dealt +% buff.

Its more like, they are not stupid, not smart XD I mean its like saying WAR is smart using Warcry :)
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-10-07 06:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Ruaumoko said: »

Its more like, they are not stupid, not smart XD I mean its like saying WAR is smart using Warcry :)

Brady Games FFXI strategy guide taunt me to go WAR/WHM because it's similar to a Paladin. You can keep that idea as a freebie. There is no charge for that PRO TIP!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-10-07 08:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, back when FFXI was new, Paladin didn't have much going for it, so WAR/WHM actually wasn't THAT much different from Paladin. Defense didn't matter on endgame enemies, they had little to no cure potency/fast cast/spell interruption so getting good cures off while tanking was tough, no Phalanx, Sentinel only slightly boosted defense, blocks sucked because they worked like parry (with floored proc rates on endgame enemies), and there was little enmity gear and PDT gear. I'm not even sure Paladins had Flash at release.

Ninjas became the premier tank for a while not because they were particularly good at tanking, but because our actual tanks sucked for a long time.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-10-07 08:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Honestly, back when FFXI was new, Paladin didn't have much going for it, so WAR/WHM actually wasn't THAT much different from Paladin. Defense didn't matter on endgame enemies, they had little to no cure potency/fast cast/spell interruption so getting good cures off while tanking was tough, no Phalanx, Sentinel only slightly boosted defense, blocks sucked because they worked like parry (with floored proc rates on endgame enemies), and there was little enmity gear and PDT gear. I'm not even sure Paladins had Flash at release.

Ninjas became the premier tank for a while not because they were particularly good at tanking, but because our actual tanks sucked for a long time.
PLD dark ages man. Ooof. Also, originally shield mastery wasn't a thing, so even if you did block, you were still going to get interrupted. -_-;
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-10-07 10:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah the days where Earth Staff was unironically the best PLD weapon
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-10-07 12:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply