Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-06 13:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and most importantly, don't try to get the whole party unweak. Work with what you have, and do your best to avoid double-weakened RNGs. Everyone else can do their job weakened, mages should have MP meds just in case the deaths cause MP problems.

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
You ever just craft a handful of scapegoats and bring those rairin? I think they are faster than scroll of reraise anyway.
Didn't even realize they were a thing. Learned something new today! Seems like a great option.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-06 13:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I would recommend RUN/NIN with Epeo. You can entrust Indi-Haste at 50% to floor utsusemi recast timers and avoid death from Jin. Make sure your GEO keeps luopans up after every Geirrothr. I think it's possible to have zero deaths on Odin if you do this.
 Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Haxxor
By Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor 2018-08-17 08:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I would recommend RUN/NIN
This was the game changer for our group and gave us a win.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [201 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-03-05 19:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So just to confirm, it's possible to kill Odin before Alexander. Right after Odin's death Alexander does Divine Judgement and it's enmity becomes normal but is not as unstable as Odin/Valkyries. Much like Odin, Alexander now spams TP moves and can self-skillchain but is unable to make Radiance. We haven't seen the 12~99k SCs that were mentionned on a JP blog.
Since Odin is still able to use Zantetsuken Jin while Alexander is alive there is not much point to do Odin -> Alex unless people want slightly more challenge.
By Fendarin007 2019-04-03 02:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to confirm Is anni required for this figh? also I’ve seen a video with players doing the fight melee style was wondering if that’s a good way to go instead of ranger with out anni ty guys any info will help
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-03 02:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need Anni, but it definitely helps a tonne. Enmity mechanics are very unstable until the bard mob dies who will cast Horde Lullaby which acts like a hate reset.
By Fendarin007 2019-04-03 03:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiraj I seen your melee video, would u suggest rng/ melee we can cover both styles
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-03 03:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I probably wouldn't melee on rng. They are a bit squishier than actual melee jobs, and even with indi barrier/wilt the mobs hit DD jobs hard
By Fendarin007 2019-04-03 04:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m sorry I mean which way is best melee style or ranger style with out anni’s
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-03 04:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranged is easier
Melee is easy up until Odin. Odin is literally hard as can be with melee strat. it's easy to lose even with 30minutes left.
By Fendarin007 2019-04-03 04:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Ranged is easier
Melee is easy up until Odin. Odin is literally hard as can be with melee strat. it's easy to lose even with 30minutes left.
Ok thanks shi we going to give it a bash tonight as rngers
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-03 04:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Best of luck dude! Remember to always kill Helmwige first so your tank doesn't get Magic bursted to death. Pray for RNGesus
By Fendarin007 2019-04-03 04:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah will do, I plan on following the guide on the 1st page.cheers mate
By Fendarin007 2019-04-03 04:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Any particular runes for helm?
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-03 04:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So there's no direct runes to help exactly, either use 3 different runes to lower the damage slightly, or use runes to resist elements such as Paralyze.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [210 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-10-29 22:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Zantetsuken Jin actually only blockable by shadows, or is it just a physical move that can be evaded with, say, Battuta? I'm guessing it's Utsusemi-only, but would like confirmation.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-29 22:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Only shadows.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-29 22:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Also forgot to say, If you use a RUN tank you can literally parse pretty close to your SMN/RNG providing you get Sam/Chaos.

The whole theory of turtling up isn't required with Epeo. They hit for under 100s with WS with epeo, Magic WS like 500 tops. But yeah. Epeo tank can parse 1 Million+ throughout the fight. Might not sound like a lot, but it really does help if time is a struggle.

I would not recommend hybrid tanking this with Aettir though. I ran through this with Aettir once and gave my WHM a living heart attack trying to throw in a few weaponskills now and then.

I do WS in a 73% DT Dimidiation set as a prewarning so I am not squishy, so would definitely recommend doing something similar.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-10-29 22:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

No Epeo and no Idris, unfortunately. We just did a few attempts with RUN THF BRD GEO RDM WHM, same setup we do everything with and cleared Unafraid of the Dark with. We got Odin to 64% before timing out. Our THF died once during the Valkyrie killing, though. I believe all we really should need to adjust to be able to clear it with our setup is better juggling on JAs and Silences to get through Odin's Dread Spikes spam.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-29 22:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oof. Melee is *** hard. I'd say Melee is top 3 hardest things to do in ffxi. Mostly due to Odin.

Have all close range members except geo/whm go /nin.

I wouldn't recommend a RDM due to very low cap of M.acc in the are. If you don't have other viable options then It can work.

The trick for melee B&W is defensive buffs.
Geo Frailty, Indi barrier, entrust Wilt.
Honor March, (Victory March if no RDM, Blade Madrigal, Minuet 5 and Scherzo.
Replace Minuet 5 if no RDM.

Have RUN use Lux runes for Odin and whenever One for All is up, let THF go full out DD. That's how I beat it using SAM DD, OFA never let DDs die to spikes.
Save OFA for dread spikes though and time it. Do not just waste for enmity.

Edit: Forgot to mention to tell RUN to hybrid DD on Alex. Saves a bunch of time. He doesn't hit hard, but maintain 3x Tenebrae runes.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-29 22:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Also forgot, try skillchain as much as possible. That seemed to be the quickest way to kill all mobs from my experiences. Never tried Dark skillchain though. Only Light.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-10-29 22:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Already doing pretty much all of that. Thanks, though.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-29 22:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like you just need that luck I had on my first melee win, pray Odin is feeling generous and you guys got this. Best of luck, dude!
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-10-30 01:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If you kill this without idris/epeo then you need to do w/e you can to make sure you healer never goes elsewhere because they're a literal god. I know gear creep made this one pretty easy nowadays, but even with epeo you take a butt-ton of a damage.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-10-30 01:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm my own WHM, so I'm not going anywhere.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-30 05:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
If you kill this without idris/epeo then you need to do w/e you can to make sure you healer never goes elsewhere because they're a literal god. I know gear creep made this one pretty easy nowadays, but even with epeo you take a butt-ton of a damage.

No lol. Pretty sure with Epeo you can tank this with a geo only. Even a regen 4 goes far. The mobs don't hit as hard as they did and psrrying makes this even easier.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-10-31 03:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got it after 2 days of attempts. Had less than 10 seconds left (not sure why the zone resets to 3 mins after you win if you just get booted out immediately anyway). Would've cleared it faster, but I forgot to equip Lionheart after adds died, so I was DDing in Aettir the whole time. <_<

Black and White successfully cleared with dual triple-boxed Aettir RUN, non-idris GEO, WHM (me), THF, BRD, non-DDing RDM (Ihina).

[+]
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-10-31 03:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember kids, always keep an i.wing handy
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-31 06:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Zone resets to 3min because if inventory is full, it'll keep trying to give you the sword until you time out, so you can make space for it.