Low On Voidstones, How To Increase Stock?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Low on Voidstones, how to increase stock?
Low on Voidstones, how to increase stock?
By Afania 2016-10-18 01:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
News flash. Game has always been pay to win. Less than 10 comments in someone suggested they could farm 2500 in a day, running 12 characters. That's more of a system of having more accounts and more chances for drops, and less about an individual person benefitting from having more stones. You're still ignoring the fact that VW restoral is archaic. You went from saying HMP price would tank, then demoted it to "during campaigns". How is that different from any other RMEA material in the game?

Can word it any way you like, the price tank is only as temporary as the price tank of every other campaign item, including HPBs, Rift/beit/plutons. The price fixes itself back one week after the campaign. Not quite the doomsday scenario you're drumming up right now.

And if you're worried about people shitting out empys on a daily basis...the fact they are running 6+ characters is more of a bonus for their completion speed than the stone restoral (x6 the drops). The stone accrual improvement would hardly improve their speed any much more than it already is. But I'm not sure why that even bothers you. Their ability to poop out an empy would not matter much anyways to the economy, if they are actually using those mats on their own character. So I'm not sure which one is it, the fact that people can poop out an empy, crash the economy for all of 2 weeks (crash is a hyperbole in this sense) or both.

So you recognized game is pay to win AND advocate even more pay to win with an unlimited stone system?

You argue that price tank is temporary, 3 weeks is enough for people to ***one empy after another. Don't even need a permanent price tank.

Again, I think your entire argument is based on "price tank is great because everyone gets cheap empy" and ignored other issues. IMO you are making this entire argument based on the fact that you think it's better if more people makes more empy, which I disagree with.
By Afania 2016-10-18 01:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Asura.Diavos said: »
In this worst case scenario you envision - since you seem fixated on the economic angle of this - what's the harm in the HMP price tanking?

It changes the percentage of people owning empy, a crucial weapon for numbers of DPS job such as BLU, THF, DNC etc.

In other words, if there's 5% of people owning empy blu, and your blu doesnt have empy, you are only surpassed by 5% of people on that DD spot in pt or LS.

If there's 50% of people owning empy and you don't have one, you are surpassed by 50% of population for that DD spot.

That also means SE will design future content based on the fact that 50% of people has REMA, thus content harder for everyone without one etc.

I really just don't see how this is a good thing other than "it's good because I can get one easily yay" which is pretty much Buukki's argument.

Not my argument at all. You're just making stuff up. We're talking about the system of stones.

Also, no idea how you seriously correlate an influx of empy weapons to the notion that SE will implement new, harder content based on the fact that everybody has an empy (this is a myth, SE doesn't review the playerbase and determine which weapons they have and then create content accordingly).

What makes you think SE doesn't consider amount of people owning REMA when creating content? T4 difficulty is clearly created based on the fact that top group has Idris geo, even SE admitted that the content at that lv is designed for top buffed groups.

And now none Idris geo can't even join endgame ls, and already been competing with tons of Idris.

If majority of blu has almace youd just see future mid tier content created based on such fact.

Idk who's living in a theoretical world tbh >.> Everything I said is pretty much common sense
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2016-10-18 01:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

In other words, if there's 5% of people owning empy blu, and your blu doesnt have empy, you are only surpassed by 5% of people on that DD spot in pt or LS.

If there's 50% of people owning empy and you don't have one, you are surpassed by 50% of population for that DD spot.

This is the reason why more Empys = better for everyone.

Do you know why people prefer BLUs over DDs? Do you know why people prefer GEOs over BRDs? Do you know why people prefer WHM over RDM or SCH?

Because the community of FFXI has devolved to "cookie-cutter only pls". Can you do Frog Ambuscade with PUP MNK DRG DNC BRD RDM with non-REMAs? Yes. Are you doing equal or greater than BLU BLU BLU BLU PLD GEO with REMA afteglows? Hell no.

Everyone had the experience of being on their favorite job, whether its BLU or RDM, there has been times when you asked to join a PUG shout for whatever content and be immediately shot down because you either A) didn't have the right job or B) didn't have REMAs.

FFXI isn't about "git gud". It's about "git gud gear".
By Afania 2016-10-18 01:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Coronos said: »

This is the reason why more Empys = better for everyone.

No it isn't and I explained why. You only think that way because you want one, or is in the process of farming one. Your argument is entirely based on what benefits you, but it doesn't benefit those without one and doesn't want to farm one. It pretty much force everyone to farm one instead.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-18 01:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

News flash. Game has always been pay to win. Less than 10 comments in someone suggested they could farm 2500 in a day, running 12 characters. That's more of a system of having more accounts and more chances for drops, and less about an individual person benefitting from having more stones. You're still ignoring the fact that VW restoral is archaic. You went from saying HMP price would tank, then demoted it to "during campaigns". How is that different from any other RMEA material in the game?

Can word it any way you like, the price tank is only as temporary as the price tank of every other campaign item, including HPBs, Rift/beit/plutons. The price fixes itself back one week after the campaign. Not quite the doomsday scenario you're drumming up right now.

And if you're worried about people shitting out empys on a daily basis...the fact they are running 6+ characters is more of a bonus for their completion speed than the stone restoral (x6 the drops). The stone accrual improvement would hardly improve their speed any much more than it already is. But I'm not sure why that even bothers you. Their ability to poop out an empy would not matter much anyways to the economy, if they are actually using those mats on their own character. So I'm not sure which one is it, the fact that people can poop out an empy, crash the economy for all of 2 weeks (crash is a hyperbole in this sense) or both.

So you recognized game is pay to win AND advocate even more pay to win with an unlimited stone system?

You argue that price tank is temporary, 3 weeks is enough for people to ***one empy after another. Don't even need a permanent price tank.

Again, I think your entire argument is based on "price tank is great because everyone gets cheap empy" and ignored other issues. IMO you are making this entire argument based on the fact that you think it's better if more people makes more empy, which I disagree with.

And you would be wrong. My only Empy weapon is 90 Gandiva created years ago. You're missing the entire discussion here and just jumped to "You just want more empys for erryone". Not true at all.

Find any part of my commentary where I stated I wanted more empys for all. You just went from A to Z on that comment.
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2016-10-18 01:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

No it isn't and I explained why. You only think that way because you want one, or is in the process of farming one. Your argument is entirely based on what benefits you, but it doesn't benefit those without one and doesn't want to farm one. It pretty much force everyone to farm one instead.

You're right. I am in the process of making a REMA. Because I need one. Yes, need.

Whether it'd be Aegis, Burtgang, or Almace, REMAs are not considered luxuries as they once were pre-Adoulin. We're at the point where they are necessities.

If you made your own Ambuscade party and a PLD asked to join. If he didn't have an Aegis, would you still let him tank? If the answer is yes, then I applaud you and hope more people take note. If the answer is no, then congratulations, you and I are part of the "cookie-cutter only pls" community.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-18 01:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
What makes you think SE doesn't consider amount of people owning REMA when creating content? T4 difficulty is clearly created based on the fact that top group has Idris geo, even SE admitted that the content at that lv is designed for top buffed groups.

So you extrapolated a handful of fights and jumped to the conclusion that future mid tier fights (mid tier...!!??) will cater to the 119 AG BLU almoace crowd.

SE has always had harder fights, period. You get better gear for that, its been in the game since it existed. I'm confused what your argument is now: too many empys makes harder mobs or too many relics makes easier content....or worse economy.. I don't follow you anymore. Still dreaming up scenarios.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-10-18 01:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Find any part of my commentary where I stated I wanted more empys for all. You just went from A to Z on that comment.

I think this sentence summarizes your reason behind wanting unlimited stones:

People make money, people make weapons, everybody is happy. You don't care about the economy as much as you say you do, because the economy is good for everyone right now, campaign or not.

You DID mentioned people make weapon= everyone's happy, thus it's a good design decision. And your definition of good economy = you can make fast and easy gil.

Which I disagree with for reasons that Ive mentioned.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-18 01:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

so people farming vw for money and weapons means I want weapons for all. I was just stating a fact.
By Afania 2016-10-18 01:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

So you extrapolated a handful of fights and jumped to the conclusion that future mid tier fights (mid tier...!!??) will cater to the 119 AG BLU almoace crowd.

SE has always had harder fights, period. You get better gear for that, its been in the game since it existed. I'm confused what your argument is now: too many empys makes harder mobs or too many relics makes easier content....or worse economy.. I don't follow you anymore. Still dreaming up scenarios.

Fine, I'll explain in detail. There are very hard fights, there are semi hard fights, there are easy fights. That's how this game works from what I've seen. So there's content with right difficult level for every level of player.

So say assuming SE is designing content for 2017 release, the hardest content is for top 10% of player, 2nd hardest content is for top 50% of player, 3rd hardest content is for top 75% of player and the easiest content is for last 25% of player.

If 5% people has empy and you don't, SE will balance the content difficult with such fact. Thus your none empy BLU can still do the 2nd hardest content, 3rd hardest content and the easiest content. You're only being locked out of 1 content and still able to do 3/4 of them.

If Se design content based on the fact that 50% of ppl has empy, they'll just make the 2nd hardest content very difficult for groups without REMA DDs. Thus your none empy BLU is locked out in 2/4 of content, and kinda need to make an empy to participate something harder.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-18 01:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Fine, I'll explain in detail. There are very hard fights, there are semi hard fights, there are easy fights. That's how this game works from what I've seen. So there's content with right difficult level for every level of player.

So say assuming SE is designing content for 2017 release, the hardest content is for top 10% of player, 2nd hardest content is for top 50% of player, 3rd hardest content is for top 75% of player and the easiest content is for last 25% of player.

If 5% people has empy and you don't, SE will balance the content difficult with such fact. Thus your none empy BLU can still do the 2nd hardest content, 3rd hardest content and the easiest content. You're only being locked out of 1 content and still able to do 3/4 of them.

If Se design content based on the fact that 50% of ppl has empy, they'll just make the 2nd hardest content very difficult for groups without REMA DDs. Thus your none empy BLU is locked out in 2/4 of content, and kinda need to make an empy to participate something harder.

Yep. Just a scenario. No proof this is the plan. just an assumption.
By Afania 2016-10-18 01:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

so people farming vw for money and weapons means I want weapons for all. I was just stating a fact.

You're stating a fact, but you clearly also made your argument based on game design should be there to provide instant gratification.

And you haven't demonstrate how instant gratification actually benefits the longevity and the entire community, including those without weapons.

You're right. I am in the process of making a REMA. Because I need one. Yes, need.

Whether it'd be Aegis, Burtgang, or Almace, REMAs are not considered luxuries as they once were pre-Adoulin. We're at the point where they are necessities.

And yes, I totally agree that a lot of time REMA is necessary these days.

Which I don't think it's a good direction at all.

My argument is that those weapon should go back to their luxuries status, instead of becoming the necessity to play the job. More ppl having these weapon= the weapon is even more of necessity which is just bad.
By Afania 2016-10-18 01:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Yep. Just a scenario. No proof this is the plan. just an assumption.

It's an example, and it's clear that SE design content in difficult tiers.
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2016-10-18 01:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Except SE doesn't make content based on "the top 10% of players". How does SE dictate players in the top 10%? Based by how good their gear is? SE doesn't have some magical list with who has REMAs. Unless they come to FFXIAH and count those who do.

Let's say SE has this list of players with REMAs. Do they make new content on total subscriptions with or without REMAs? Are they taking into account that maybe Quetzalcoatl has a ratio of 1:10 people with REMAs and Asura has a ratio of 1:4?

Here's a VERY recent example as to why SE doesn't make content based on people with REMAs. The Frog Ambuscade. Read up the forums on this site or on BG. Players who were decked out with REMAs couldn't figure out how the *** to kill that Frog. Melee burn didn't work, UNTIL we found out that the tank should kite so that Q.Hammer wouldn't go off.

SE makes new contents with gimmicks in mind. Not by "Oh, let's make something where REMA is a *** requirement."
[+]
By Afania 2016-10-18 02:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Except SE doesn't make content based on "the top 10% of players". How does SE dictate players in the top 10%? Based by how good their gear is? SE doesn't have some magical list with who has REMAs. Unless they come to FFXIAH and count those who do.

Let's say SE has this list of players with REMAs. Do they make new content on total subscriptions with or without REMAs? Are they taking into account that maybe Quetzalcoatl has a ratio of 1:10 people with REMAs and Asura has a ratio of 1:4?

Here's a VERY recent example as to why SE doesn't make content based on people with REMAs. The Frog Ambuscade. Read up the forums on this site or on BG. Players who were decked out with REMAs couldn't figure out how the *** to kill that Frog. Melee burn didn't work, UNTIL we found out that the tank should kite so that Q.Hammer wouldn't go off.

SE makes new contents with gimmicks in mind. Not by "Oh, let's make something where REMA is a *** requirement."

Come on... they are game dev, of course they have access to the data of % of pop has top end gears =.=. Do you seriously think game dev has no access to how many % of population has X gear, and how many % has beaten Y content? =.= The hardest content in MMO is traditionally not meant to be beat-able by majority, I don't see how FFXI is any different.

In terms of intense ambu VD this month I still think it's an outlier. Normally you got undergeared group farm ambu A LOT less efficiently than top end groups.
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2016-10-18 02:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

And yes, I totally agree that a lot of time REMA is necessary these days.

Which I don't think it's a good direction at all.

My argument is that those weapon should go back to their luxuries status, instead of becoming the necessity to play the job. More ppl having these weapon= the weapon is even more of necessity which is just bad.

Good luck convincing everyone in every server that we shouldn't rely on REMA players like we do air conditioners in Arizona. Spoiler alert: Arizona is really *** hot.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-18 02:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Instant Gratification? VW is a 5% drop, nothing instant about it. Mythics aren't instant. Relics aren't instant. Ergon, Empy, Aeonic. not instant. It take sa considerable amount of time to farm up an empy, and then Afterglow it (who are you kidding, this is a process that takes a lot of time).

You keep acting like every single person is making a weapon, and that is devaluing their respective jobs, and making content for others harder.

You may not have noticed, but they have released the most easiest content for casual, average player in ambuscade where they can get 119 gear in literally less than an hour or so. You continually dream up these scenarios which, frankly, don't exist. Your examples and assumptions are just guesses. This is completely immaterial to the actual topic at hand, though, which was that the VW stone accrual system is archaic. How you managed to make this about more than that is pretty farfetched.
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2016-10-18 02:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a gaming theory which name I've forgotten, but it goes like this:

If a game developer creates a method of making the game easier, the players can and will exploit it. Game developers created REMAs. Players are exploiting it on two fronts. Those who have REMAs are exploiting it by knowing they will get invited to anything and everything. Those who don't have REMAs seek out those who do so they can do all the work for them.

REMAs is like trying to harness the sun. We're pretty *** close at creating a Dyson sphere at this point.
By Afania 2016-10-18 02:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Instant Gratification? VW is a 5% drop, nothing instant about it. Mythics aren't instant. Relics aren't instant. Ergon, Empy, Aeonic. not instant. It take sa considerable amount of time to farm up an empy, and then Afterglow it (who are you kidding, this is a process that takes a lot of time).

Plenty of people in my net work ***out empy during campaign in 2 to 3 weeks, plenty of people that I know of finish aeonic in 2 weeks which includes bead farm. There's one person that I know of farmed over 25m a night from VW and he isn't even hardcore player, nor 12 box player.

Idk who is dreaming a scenario here, me or you. Because in your world aeonic and empy somehow takes longer than 2 weeks and hmp price won't tank during with unlimited stones. While in real world everyone and their mother finish empy and aeonic extremely fast and everytime there's a campaign going currency price drop.

Maybe we aren't playing the same game...
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2016-10-18 02:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

While in real world everyone and their mother finish empy and aeonic extremely fast and everytime there's a campaign going currency price drop.

So what's the problem here? You've just proved every argument against yours.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-18 02:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So if everyone and their mother has an empy or aeonic, then I guess that scenario of the top 10% of players with weapons goes right out the window, right?

You're talking yourself into circles and it's not getting better for ya bud.
By Afania 2016-10-18 02:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

While in real world everyone and their mother finish empy and aeonic extremely fast and everytime there's a campaign going currency price drop.

So what's the problem here? You've just proved every argument against yours.

What part did I argue against my own argument? I mean, do you understand my argument at all? >.>

I'm arguing that the gap(between those farms empy and who doesn't) is big enough and SE shouldn't make the gap bigger, while you guys wants even bigger gap?
 Asura.Diavos
Server: Asura
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2016-10-18 02:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Relics were made far easier to farm up.

Mythics were made far easier to farm up.

Empyreans and Ergon weapons are still locked behind outdated systems that were conceived at a time when the game's population was significantly higher than it is now and the player base was actively engaged in that content. I don' think anyone's asking for full time campaign conditions here, but farming HMP, Riftcinder/dross and HP Bayld isn't very appealing to anyone and it's about time that content was updated to reflect the times. I farmed up all the HMP and Riftcinder needed for Almace during a campaign and like Byrth pointed out I think earlier this year when he "math'd it out," I spent about 4,500 stones doing it. That's six years worth of stones, think about that for a minute. Running back and forth to town every six fights isn't practical, you'd have to be completely out of touch to think so.

You don't see everyone on your server walking around with stage III relics and mythics, so I don't know why you'd think 50% of the pop would start walking around with completed empyreans should VW be made more accessible.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2016-10-18 02:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

But to answer the OP, no there is no other way to restore Voidstones other than waiting or Voiddust.
[+]
By Afania 2016-10-18 02:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So if everyone and their mother has an empy or aeonic, then I guess that scenario of the top 10% of players with weapons goes right out the window, right?

You're talking yourself into circles and it's not getting better for ya bud.

I didn't though, unless you can't grasp the main point of what I was saying.
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2016-10-18 02:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No... none of us could grasp your main point.

It needs reiterating: the topic is we hate waiting for Voidstones because:

Byrth pointed out I think earlier this year when he "math'd it out," I spent about 4,500 stones doing it. That's six years worth of stones, think about that for a minute. Running back and forth to town every six fights isn't practical, you'd have to be completely out of touch to think so.
[+]
By Afania 2016-10-18 02:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Relics were made far easier to farm up.

Mythics were made far easier to farm up.

Empyreans and Ergon weapons are still locked behind outdated systems that were conceived at a time when the game's population was significantly higher than it is now and the player base was actively engaged in that content. I don' think anyone's asking for full time campaign conditions here, but farming HMP, Riftcinder/dross and HP Bayld isn't very appealing to anyone and it's about time that content was updated to reflect the times. I farmed up all the HMP and Riftcinder needed for Almace during a campaign and like Byrth pointed out I think earlier this year when he "math'd it out," I spent about 4,500 stones doing it. That's six years worth of stones, think about that for a minute. Running back and forth to town every six fights isn't practical, you'd have to be completely out of touch to think so.

You don't see everyone on your server walking around with stage III relics and mythics, so I don't know why you'd think 50% of the pop would start walking around with completed empyreans should VW be made more accessible.

If your argument is that VW is boring and outdated, then you could have ask for alternative methods such as hmp drop from new content.

But you and Buukkis argument was basically "can we have easier empy plz because I just don't want to farm these anymore"

I'm against REMA any design that pushes the percentage of REMA higher or make REMA more instant gratification than it is now. I think it's bad for longevity and bad for people not owning one. Thats my entire argument is based on. I'm not against alternative methods nor more fun way to obtain them as long as time investment stay the same.

Idk why you guys couldn't grasp this entire point and just talk in circles.
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2016-10-18 02:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

But you and Buukkis argument was basically "can we have easier empy plz because I just don't want to farm these anymore"
I spent about 4,500 stones doing it. That's six years worth of stones, think about that for a minute.
By Afania 2016-10-18 02:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

No... none of us could grasp your main point.

It needs reiterating: the topic is we hate waiting for Voidstones because:

Byrth pointed out I think earlier this year when he "math'd it out," I spent about 4,500 stones doing it. That's six years worth of stones, think about that for a minute. Running back and forth to town every six fights isn't practical, you'd have to be completely out of touch to think so.

Right, and you still haven't answer why is 6 years worth of stones a big deal when hmp isn't ex rare? You can just buy them instead of argue about wanting easier and faster empy.
By Afania 2016-10-18 02:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I spent about 4,500 stones doing it. That's six years worth of stones, think about that for a minute.

None of those "omg 6 years worth of stones!!!!1!" is legit argument unless hmp is ex rare. You sound like you need 6 years to get an empy but it's not fact.