Low On Voidstones, How To Increase Stock?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Low on Voidstones, how to increase stock?
Low on Voidstones, how to increase stock?
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-10-17 17:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »
Thank you coronos! lol I swear it's like these people think we are bitching about the heavy metals yet we aren't lol. People read what they want to read la sigh.

I just provided alternative solution to mat without having to change the value and availability of legendary.

You're wearing blinders on the main point. It's ok we can agree to disagree to a solution to a dying game. Slowly dying though.
By Afania 2016-10-17 18:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you coronos! lol I swear it's like these people think we are bitching about the heavy metals yet we aren't lol. People read what they want to read la sigh.

I just provided alternative solution to mat without having to change the value and availability of legendary.

You're wearing blinders on the main point. It's ok we can agree to disagree to a solution to a dying game. Slowly dying though.

It's slowly dying because the entire game is now keep building 1 REMA after another, once ppl run out of REMA to build they quit.

So yeah, more REMA more ppl quit plz.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-10-17 18:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I dano a lot of people are stuck in the aeonic only phase. I've completed most of my goals "at least 1 119 AG of all legendary weapons to each character. But I still play but there personal reasons why I play this game still. I do see your point but just tired of only able to trade just 6 stones to npc then go then come back. If they fixed it where I can trade more then 6 voidstones to npc I would be fine with that.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-10-17 19:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

vw requires no gear, no player ability, and little time during the campaign

it's basically an economy stimulant, halfway between real content and login points

its limited because if it wasnt, the people with many characters or much time would outfarm demand for a year in a single month campaign

and yes, i farmed 2500 plates in a day already many campaigns ago(12 chars, only took like 7-8 hours).. then i ran out of stones, as it should be
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-10-17 19:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

it's basically an economy stimulant, halfway between real content and login points

its limited because if it wasnt, the people with many characters or much time would outfarm demand for a year in a single month campaign

and yes, i farmed 2500 plates in a day already many campaigns ago(12 chars, only took like 7-8 hours).. then i ran out of stones, as it should be
I would have thought some of the higher tier NM can still wreck you if naked and not in at least ilvl117 gear as a new char no?

in the very least to make your trusts high enough lvl to solo it all for you?
can you honestly tell yourself you made this post for any reason other than to nitpick? do you know any lv99 players that can't obtain sparks equipment?
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2016-10-17 20:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

Naked means no higher than Lv.99. 18 Lv.99 players with no iLv. gear would drop like flies against Qilin or Rex. iLv.119 players can solo Qilin in a matter of seconds.

Everyone wants an Afterglow'd Empy. That's a given. But I'd say no more than 10% of everyone are actually put in the effort to start one. Then 10% of those people are at the stage where they are farming HMPs. You're saying as if the entire server are queuing up at a spawnpoint like it's the day the Signal Pearl was released.
By Calinari 2016-10-17 20:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

uh, I did over a thousand qilins before ilvl existed. before displacers existed. And rex and morta and all that ***.
By Afania 2016-10-17 20:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Coronos said: »
Everyone wants an Afterglow'd Empy. That's a given. But I'd say no more than 10% of everyone are actually put in the effort to start one. Then 10% of those people are at the stage where they are farming HMPs. You're saying as if the entire server are queuing up at a spawnpoint like it's the day the Signal Pearl was released.

Again, you are assuming hmp are ex rare but it isn't. Plenty of people farm hmp for gil, especially those who doesn't craft and don't merc. Giving people more stones to farm means more people will create mule to farm hmp 24-7 and dump them to the market for gil, causing the price to drop....you know, economy.

As I said before, if you find VW not enjoyable due to the hindrance, just buy them. No one's stopping you from doing other event for gil during the cool down.
There are many alternative ways to make gil that's just as efficient or more efficient than VW spam. If crafting mat is an issue then the solution is to make them available somewhere else like how you can buy hmp with ambu points.

I don't understand the reason to be so attached at VW stones and want a solution that clearly will affect the economy.
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2016-10-17 21:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, you are assuming hmp are ex rare but it isn't. Plenty of people farm hmp for gil, especially those who doesn't craft and don't merc. Giving people more stones to farm means more people will create mule to farm hmp 24-7 and dump them to the market for gil, causing the price to drop....you know, economy.

Again, I'm advocating for a quality of life adjustment. I loathe Voidwatch not because it's repetitive (it is), but because I pop 6 NMs, warp, go to Jeuno, vendor trash, zone to Sauromugue, talk to NPC for 6 stones, talk to NPC for stack of Cobalt cells, talk to NPC again for stack of Ruby cells, warp to VW pop area, rinse repeat until I burn all my Voidwatch stones, then wait for them to replenish.

Why anyone would believe me living in Ru'Aun popping Aello 24/7 would lead to the Heavy Metal Plate Economy Crash of 2016 is beyond me.
 Asura.Diavos
Server: Asura
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2016-10-17 21:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The economy survived just fine when Dynamis and Salvage currency flooded the market. The number of afterglow relics/mythics hasn't done much to hurt the game, wouldn't you agree? That's besides the point anyway, you're rushing to conclusions here by assuming everyone and their mom will spam Voidwatch simply because they can.

As I said before, if you find VW not enjoyable due to the hindrance, just buy them. No one's stopping you from doing other event for gil during the cool down.
There are many alternative ways to make gil that's just as efficient or more efficient than VW spam. If crafting mat is an issue then the solution is to make them available somewhere else like how you can buy hmp with ambu points.

I don't understand the reason to be so attached at VW stones and want a solution that clearly will affect the economy.

Are you worried about the economy or your personal profit margin? Prices have risen and fallen by drastic measures since the game went public and the market has adjusted accordingly each time, yet you're giving off the impression that if Heavy Metal Plates were to suddenly lose all value tomorrow the economy wouldn't recover. Updating Voidwatch so it's no longer so restrictive would probably help more than it would hurt as the game's most popular content right now is Ambuscade and even players on the least populated servers still complain about entry times (which boggles my mind being on Asura, but I digress), in part because some of us spam it simply for the currency it offers.

Everything affects the economy in some way, if you used economic impact as an argument against change we'd never get anything new.
By Afania 2016-10-17 22:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, I'm advocating for a quality of life adjustment. I loathe Voidwatch not because it's repetitive (it is), but because I pop 6 NMs, warp, go to Jeuno, vendor trash, zone to Sauromugue, talk to NPC for 6 stones, talk to NPC for stack of Cobalt cells, talk to NPC again for stack of Ruby cells, warp to VW pop area, rinse repeat until I burn all my Voidwatch stones, then wait for them to replenish.

Why anyone would believe me living in Ru'Aun popping Aello 24/7 would lead to the Heavy Metal Plate Economy Crash of 2016 is beyond me.

Umm you don't need to warp for 6 stones. And yes without the wait time to generate more stones that means you can farm more. I don't see why price wouldn't decrease then.

Asura.Diavos said: »

The economy survived just fine when Dynamis and Salvage currency flooded the market. The number of afterglow relics/mythics hasn't done much to hurt the game, wouldn't you agree? That's besides the point anyway, you're rushing to conclusions here by assuming everyone and their mom will spam Voidwatch simply because they can.

Are you worried about the economy or your personal profit margin? Prices have risen and fallen by drastic measures since the game went public and the market has adjusted accordingly each time, yet you're giving off the impression that if Heavy Metal Plates were to suddenly lose all value tomorrow the economy wouldn't recover. Updating Voidwatch so it's no longer so restrictive would probably help more than it would hurt as the game's most popular content right now is Ambuscade and even players on the least populated servers still complain about entry times (which boggles my mind being on Asura, but I digress), in part because some of us spam it simply for the currency it offers.

Everything affects the economy in some way, if you used economic impact as an argument against change we'd never get anything new.

There are no "personal profit gain" involved as I don't farm vw for gil.

The number of AG around does affect the game....it means none AG DD have to compete with more people with AG and force people to farm one. It also means all future hard content will be designed based on the fact that more people has REMA, thus increased difficulty for those without one.

I'm not against changes, I support alternative hmp or mat obtain methods as long as it doesn't shorten the amount of time and effort required to obtain AG.
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2016-10-17 22:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm you don't need to warp for 6 stones.

Pray tell, how can you spawn more Aellos after you've used up all of your Voidstones?
By Afania 2016-10-17 22:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Pray tell, how can you spawn more Aellos after you've used up all of your Voidstones?

There's an option at VW NPC to auto recharge I think, been a while so I may not remember correctly.
By Afania 2016-10-17 22:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

@Diavos

Also to answer your question about economy v.s Salvage and dyna. I haven't really farm salvage and dyna but from the data I've gathered salvage gil gain is 700k per hr and you can't double profit gain with alt. Dyna is 1m per hr and you also can't double profit gain with alt.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong with the above info.

On the other hand, from the data that I've gathered, VW during campaign avg 2m per hr PER CHAR. That means if you have 2 char you make 4m per hr and 3 char=6m per char.

As you can see, the reason why Salvage and dyna currency price stopped dropping at certain point because salvage and dyna aren't even competitive gil farming method as alternative gil farming method makes way more. One of the people that I knoe of even said "Salvage is for people that doesn't know how to farm gil".

That means for those with the ability to farm more than 1m per hr they won't do salvage and dyna.

However VW during campaign is a solid way to farm gil especially if you have mules.

A lot of people have been asking for hmp easier to farm, such as unlimited stones, permanent campaign etc. If that's the case I see hmp price WILL drop because it become one of the more preferred gil farming method until market flood with hmp.
By fillerbunny9 2016-10-17 22:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

There's an option at VW NPC to auto recharge I think, been a while so I may not remember correctly.

if you have run out of Voidstones (which is what this thread was primarily about) the only way to obtain additional Stones is to get Voiddust, get six stones (because they do not turn to stock) go do six fights, then lather/rinse/repeat.
By Afania 2016-10-17 22:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

if you have run out of Voidstones (which is what this thread was primarily about) the only way to obtain additional Stones is to get Voiddust, get six stones (because they do not turn to stock) go do six fights, then lather/rinse/repeat.

He mentioned rinse and repeat until he run out of stones, so I just assume he meant he warped before running out.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-17 23:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

No Afaina that's not what we're talking about. He knows about using your stock of VW supply. The issue isn't that we want faster VW stone restoral (though it would help), but its the fact that after you've expended your entire stock of stones, the only way to continue doing VW is to buy voiddust and trade them to the npc for 6 KIs. Because 6 fights takes 6 minutes, you'd have to warp back to town, grab 6 more dust, and trade them back again, rinse, repeat...

I think the point everyone is missing is the fact that nobody does VW outside of campaign. Nobody. You're so concerned about HMPs losing their value, but the campaign only comes around once every so often... Once that campaign ends, prices go back up (same exact thing with plutons/beit/rift/HPB from wkr campaigns). The prices go down, but then return to normal.

The difference with Alexandrite and Dynamis currency is that it is unlimited and the price has pretty much flatlined, because people do it constantly. There isn't anybody who does WKR/VW constantly outside of campaigns. You're comparing two events that are just not the same scenario.
By Afania 2016-10-17 23:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I only mentioned salvage dyna because someone brought it up. I only explained why salvage dyna currency price stopped dropping at certain point.

I still think the hmp price will drop with unlimited stones based on the rule of supply and demand. Even if people only farm it during campaign.

I mean, I just don't see why price wouldn't drop during campaign if everyone gets unlimited stones, following rules of economy. So say if hmp price drop to 50k instead of 100k with unlimited stones, even if it's during campaign it still lost values.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-18 00:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The theoretical world you all live in where the economy crashing due to endless amounts of event is really unrealistic. If there was ever a content that would totally plummet every mat price, it would be Ambuscade. literally any Lvl99 player can participate, can just level up mules and 5 box it (there are some who do). There are upper limits on the amount you can acquire, but the fact is that with Ambuscade, you are guaranteed to get points quickly for items. Why hasn't Ambuscade completely plunked the price of nearly every mat, seeing as how its been spammed constantly for the past 6 months?

Again, campaigns are about a max of 2-3 weeks. VW is a 5% drop rate. You are acting like for that 3 week period the price will drop in half. When has HPB ever dropped to 10k/piece during the past 4/hpb drop campaign? That's also unlimited spamming, but the prices of Ergon still remains pretty consistent outside of campaigns. Why hasn't the price of Beit/Rift/Plutons dropped to 5k each? You can farm 75 merits in 15 minutes and spam VD Leviathans daily. You're really just making up scenarios to justify a moot point that SE has ignored.

Still think you're overlooking the fact of the matter, though, that the VW stone accrual system is archaic. SE clearly saw fit to fix the other events, which have not made those materials worthless. We are simply advocating that the same treatment with VW is done for stones.

Is the economy worse off or better than it was years ago when salvage/dynamis was restricted and HPB was pretty tough to come by? It has been proven to aid the economy far more than it hurts it.
By Afania 2016-10-18 00:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The theoretical world you all live in where the economy crashing due to endless amounts of event is really unrealistic. If there was ever a content that would totally plummet every mat price, it would be Ambuscade. literally any Lvl99 player can participate, can just level up mules and 5 box it (there are some who do). There are upper limits on the amount you can acquire, but the fact is that with Ambuscade, you are guaranteed to get points quickly for items. Why hasn't Ambuscade completely plunked the price of nearly every mat, seeing as how its been spammed constantly for the past 6 months?

Again, campaigns are about a max of 2-3 weeks. VW is a 5% drop rate. You are acting like for that 3 week period the price will drop in half. When has HPB ever dropped to 10k/piece during the past 4/hpb drop campaign? That's also unlimited spamming, but the prices of Ergon still remains pretty consistent outside of campaigns. Why hasn't the price of Beit/Rift/Plutons dropped to 5k each? You can farm 75 merits in 15 minutes and spam VD Leviathans daily. You're really just making up scenarios to justify a moot point that SE has ignored.

Still think you're overlooking the fact of the matter, though, that the VW stone accrual system is archaic. SE clearly saw fit to fix the other events, which have not made those materials worthless. We are simply advocating that the same treatment with VW is done for stones.

Is the economy worse off or better than it was years ago when salvage/dynamis was restricted and HPB was pretty tough to come by? It has been proven to aid the economy far more than it hurts it.

1) Like you said Ambuscade has upper limit, and even vol2 VD requires certain lv of gear to farm efficiently.

Ive seen PUG spent 12 min in vol2 VD last month, v.s people in my network does 2 min run avg. In other words you can't just build 6 mules with 5 of them naked and spam that thing for hmp.

Outside of intense, vol 2 aren't even the best gil farming method anyways. With 300 pt per run, KI farm and congestion it's not hitting 2m per hr per char assuming you do 1 run+KI every 10 min. Assuming you do 1 run + KI every 10 min that's 6 hmp per hr, which to my knowledge isn't surpassing VW campaign efficiency, thus not enough supply to cause price drop.

By comparison in VW you can have 1 char and naked mules and generates much more hmp than ambu vol2.

2) I've seen 13k-15k hpb and 4.5k Boulder due to campaign allow people to dump massive amount of these to the market. By comparison before 1st wkr campaign exist hpb were 30k each and Boulder without campaign had spike over 10k before. So yes the price of these item isn't flat during campaign like you described....they drop. Boulders are not 4.5k NOW because there are no campaign for a while.

What I described about hmp price tank with unlimited stone during campaign is not impossible to happen at all, idk why you think it won't.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-18 00:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So like you said, the price drop is only during campaigns and shortly after. And then it pretty much resumes the normal price. If anything, that's to blame the campaign and not the method for acquisition. The campaigns are really time-limited, and only come a few handful of times a year. You're envisioning a scenario that is temporary and is not the result of any replenishment method, but the campaign itself.

I don't really get the whole "I'm defending my precious economy because it means so much to me". That's a huge smokescreen that is really a cover up for "No, that would mess with my pockets too much".

If you truly had an issue with the economy, you'd be totally against Ambuscade and Campaigns altogether. Again, you're just envisioning a scenario that isn't the effect of the stone restoral method, but the campaigns that encourage the event to begin with. Nobody does wkr/vw outside of campaigns. The fact that they bring these campaigns around helps far more people than the superficial dents to the economy. People make money, people make weapons, everybody is happy. You don't care about the economy as much as you say you do, because the economy is good for everyone right now, campaign or not.
By Afania 2016-10-18 00:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
So like you said, the price drop is only during campaigns and shortly after. And then it pretty much resumes the normal price. If anything, that's to blame the campaign and not the method for acquisition. The campaigns are really time-limited, and only come a few handful of times a year. You're envisioning a scenario that is temporary and is not the result of any replenishment method, but the campaign itself.

I don't really get the whole "I'm defending my precious economy because it means so much to me". That's a huge smokescreen that is really a cover up for "No, that would mess with my pockets too much".

If you truly had an issue with the economy, you'd be totally against Ambuscade and Campaigns altogether. Again, you're just envisioning a scenario that isn't the effect of the stone restoral method, but the campaigns that encourage the event to begin with. Nobody does wkr/vw outside of campaigns. The fact that they bring these campaigns around helps far more people than the superficial dents to the economy. People make money, people make weapons, everybody is happy. You don't care about the economy as much as you say you do, because the economy is good for everyone right now, campaign or not.

You're making this entire argument based on what benefits individual. I should be the one questioning your motivation for wanting more hmp being dump to the market during campaign lol.

I'm actually against VW campaign, as I think it favors people owning multiple account. At one point you see people with 4 account ***out one empy after another in 2 weeks, and their alt doesn't even need to do anything nor geared. While people with 1 accout and missed that 20 days campaign are left in the cold, unable to compete with less empy. To me this entire system is flawed to begin with, because it massively favors paying more real money AND has no skill and gear lv involved. And making stones unlimited makes the gap bigger. People with multiple account ***out more empy because now they don't even need to wait for stone to recharge while people that didn't take advantage are further behind.

I think this gap needs to be smaller period, while you are advocating SE to widen the gap. At this point idk who is trying to make a smokescreen try to cover up their pocket.

I'm not against hmp from ambuscade because vol2 really didn't generate hmp as efficient as VW and there's a cap. I DO think this months intense VD generates a little bit too much currency, but with congestion(the wait time of ambu exceeds 20 min on Sat) and tank skill requirement it's less of an issue than VW campaign IMO.
 Asura.Diavos
Server: Asura
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2016-10-18 00:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

In this worst case scenario you envision - since you seem fixated on the economic angle of this - what's the harm in the HMP price tanking?
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2016-10-18 00:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

There are two aspects about this problem one has to look at: Content and System.

Content is the thing we do for a reward. In this case, we do Voidwatch to get Heavy Metal Plates. This is the fun part of the game.

System is the thing that makes the game work. It translates FFXI the computer program to FFXI the game. This is not the fun part of the game.

The Content problem is how HMPs are a 2% drop rate or whatever the *** it is. This is not the point of this thread.

The System problem is how players, me, you, everyone, are limited in doing this Content we call Voidwatch. Reducing your stock to 0 then waiting every 12 hours after to do Content again is not fun. Spamming 100 Aellos and only getting one HMP pouch is fun but frustrating as ***, but rewarding when we finally get an HMP pouch, which translates to fun.
By Afania 2016-10-18 01:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

In this worst case scenario you envision - since you seem fixated on the economic angle of this - what's the harm in the HMP price tanking?

It changes the percentage of people owning empy, a crucial weapon for numbers of DPS job such as BLU, THF, DNC etc.

In other words, if there's 5% of people owning empy blu, and your blu doesnt have empy, you are only surpassed by 5% of people on that DD spot in pt or LS.

If there's 50% of people owning empy and you don't have one, you are surpassed by 50% of population for that DD spot.

That also means SE will design future content based on the fact that 50% of people has REMA, thus content harder for everyone without one etc.

I really just don't see how this is a good thing other than "it's good because I can get one easily yay" which is pretty much Buukki's argument.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-18 01:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

News flash. Game has always been pay to win. Less than 10 comments in someone suggested they could farm 2500 in a day, running 12 characters. That's more of a system of having more accounts and more chances for drops, and less about an individual person benefitting from having more stones. You're still ignoring the fact that VW restoral is archaic. You went from saying HMP price would tank, then demoted it to "during campaigns". How is that different from any other RMEA material in the game?

Can word it any way you like, the price tank is only as temporary as the price tank of every other campaign item, including HPBs, Rift/beit/plutons. The price fixes itself back one week after the campaign. Not quite the doomsday scenario you're drumming up right now.

And if you're worried about people shitting out empys on a daily basis...the fact they are running 6+ characters is more of a bonus for their completion speed than the stone restoral (x6 the drops). The stone accrual improvement would hardly improve their speed any much more than it already is. But I'm not sure why that even bothers you. Their ability to poop out an empy would not matter much anyways to the economy, if they are actually using those mats on their own character. So I'm not sure which one is it, the fact that people can poop out an empy, crash the economy for all of 2 weeks (crash is a hyperbole in this sense) or both.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-18 01:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It changes the percentage of people owning empy, a crucial weapon for numbers of DPS job such as BLU, THF, DNC etc.

In other words, if there's 5% of people owning empy blu, and your blu doesnt have empy, you are only surpassed by 5% of people on that DD spot in pt or LS.

If there's 50% of people owning empy and you don't have one, you are surpassed by 50% of population for that DD spot.

That also means SE will design future content based on the fact that 50% of people has REMA, thus content harder for everyone without one etc.

I really just don't see how this is a good thing other than "it's good because I can get one easily yay" which is pretty much Buukki's argument.

Not my argument at all. You're just making stuff up. We're talking about the system of stones.

Also, no idea how you seriously correlate an influx of empy weapons to the notion that SE will implement new, harder content based on the fact that everybody has an empy (this is a myth, SE doesn't review the playerbase and determine which weapons they have and then create content accordingly).

A few comments ago it was made clear that everyone isn't using the HMP to actually upgrade their weapon. Again, you're making up scenarios that don't exist to fit an argument we aren't even addressing.